Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260005 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:47:40 AM

Anybody received and is mining with a Spondoolier already??

Plenty of users have received and responded in this thread, moreover you are welcome to check some of the following professional reviews:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525469
http://mineforeman.com/2014/03/28/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-one/
http://mineforeman.com/2014/04/01/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-two/

Could you elaborate a LITLLE bit MORE on "plenty"...please...

A simple number should be enough...How many SP10 did you ship up to date...?

20-50-100-500...1000...Just a number...will be "plenty" good... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:01:35 AM

This is your thread, feel free to do as you wish. It would be interesting to see what methodology you use to find them out. Phinn would probably want to add it to his arsenal of investigative tools Smiley
Well, I'm new to all this. So it might seems trivial: Check user creation date, check last posts.
Trolls are usually con the manufacturer they're trolling while pro for a third manufacturer.

Usually, maybe, but not in my case. I don't get paid from anybody to do what I do, nor have ever taken one satoshi as payment, albeit a small handful have donated to Bitcoin 100, et al., letting me know they did such after the fact, but that too is never expected, but much appreciated.

At this penning, I have nothing on Spondoolies (nice word, BTW), albeit three people have emailed me expressing a concern.

Personally, I wouldn't pre-order anything from these guys if I were a miner, for I feel something ain't quite right.

As far as product being delivered on time, that is highly unlikely given that not a single bitcoin miner manufacturer has delivered on time.

I know this is a self-moderated thread, so be forewarned that if any of my posts gets deleted prior to I stating some diatribe (we all hope that such won't be needed and that this outfit proves viable), I will just conduct my investigation a tad sooner.

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to who is doing the actual penning of post under the Spoondoolies user account.

~Bruno Kucinskas
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:03:53 AM

I may have been quoted on the BFL sales page, but I have not pre-ordered anything from BFL since I received my last order, monarch or otherwise.

I don't believe any hardware manufacturer should be in the 100% paid upfront pre-order business. If they are, I am not doing business with them.

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

Nice arrangement of words. Tard Josh did his job good. You didn't pre-ordered anything from BFL since you receiver your last order(read "last pre-order). Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

Quote taken from http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/ by gigavps(quoted for tardness) :
means that they will be hard to beat moving forward

Yes missing their own deadline by 7 months(now) makes them so hard to beat... (source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html)

To anyone new here, Giga and Joshie(BFL_Josh) are much closer. Too close that when BFL started shipping Singles, Giga got his rigs shipped first and he could still make new orders and got ahead of anyone in the queue.

Its fcking sick that hes pretending to be against pre-order and all..... as long as hes not getting special treatment.

Fuck you Gigavps. What makes you shown up in "Hardware" all the sudden?

James Gibson was CMO of HashTrade when that infamous $1M down payment pre-order through BitPay was transacted, of which was a multi-million dollar Monarch order that they should be in toward the end of the line in receiving, but the scuttlebutt is that they were the main order and will get theirs before individual orders.

Interesting! Three hours prior to the $1M USD transaction, this...

Re: Gigamining: Request for claims
October 21, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
Claims are now closed.

The law officer is the same used by the HashTrade two main principles going back several years: https://virtualprocessingsolutions.com/claims

qpage at mylawyr dot com

or

Law Offices of Carlos M. Fleites
ATTN: Quentin A. Page
407 Lincoln Road, Suite 12-E
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA

True. And also interesting is that Gigavps is the CMO for HashTrade Wink

The truth for any newbies to see....

I'm sick in my stomach when ppl with agenda comes here and pretend to be a hero.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

@spondoolies-tech: You asked about what is the convention on these forums. Since this is a self moderated thread, you are free to remove any posts you like if you think they're too offtopic or by whatever standards you like; mods usually don't moderate self moderated threads. However bear in mind most customers get upset if you start deleting any negative comments and they have ways of watching the original thread elsewhere to see what was deleted.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:25:35 AM

The above cropped screenshot was taken from the http://vimeo.com/89415321 video at the 05:00 mark.

Why is the last logged in date 2000-2-18 (Feb. 18, 2000)? If this simple piece of info was changed/altered, how does anybody really know that none of the other info scrolling across the screen was not altered in some way?
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:35:23 AM

This is your thread, feel free to do as you wish. It would be interesting to see what methodology you use to find them out. Phinn would probably want to add it to his arsenal of investigative tools Smiley
Well, I'm new to all this. So it might seems trivial: Check user creation date, check last posts.
Trolls are usually con the manufacturer they're trolling while pro for a third manufacturer.

Usually, maybe, but not in my case. I don't get paid from anybody to do what I do, nor have ever taken one satoshi as payment, albeit a small handful have donated to Bitcoin 100, et al., letting me know they did such after the fact, but that too is never expected, but much appreciated.

At this penning, I have nothing on Spondoolies (nice word, BTW), albeit three people have emailed me expressing a concern.

Personally, I wouldn't pre-order anything from these guys if I were a miner, for I feel something ain't quite right.

As far as product being delivered on time, that is highly unlikely given that not a single bitcoin miner manufacturer has delivered on time.

I know this is a self-moderated thread, so be forewarned that if any of my posts gets deleted prior to I stating some diatribe (we all hope that such won't be needed and that this outfit proves viable), I will just conduct my investigation a tad sooner.

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to who is doing the actual penning of post under the Spoondoolies user account.

~Bruno Kucinskas

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6113024#msg6113024
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:46:44 AM

The above cropped screenshot was taken from the http://vimeo.com/89415321 video at the 05:00 mark.

Why is the last logged in date 2000-2-18 (Feb. 18, 2000)? If this simple piece of info was changed/altered, how does anybody really know that none of the other info scrolling across the screen was not altered in some way?

Phinn, ask Dogie and Meni to confirm the hardware pls. You're wasting your time here.

The SP-10 is real. I sure hope SP-30 are gonna be on specs.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:54:31 AM

Seriously, the customers of this industry were hurt multiple times.
We understand that it will take time until people will trust us. We don't expect it will be an easy transition.

It's not so much a question of trust, but of risk. Pre-orders that aren't even due for 4 months are a huge risk to the customer. Why are you putting all that risk on the customer for the SP30? That's not how you did the SP10.

Buy & Hold
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:05:10 AM

We understand that it will take time until people will trust us. We don't expect it will be an easy transition.

It's not so much a question of trust, but of risk. Pre-orders that aren't even due for 4 months are a huge risk to the customer. Why are you putting all that risk on the customer for the SP30? That's not how you did the SP10.

I wish to thank, Matt, above for providing the link.

Spondoolies-Tech has more than enough money in their various coffers of various concerns to not need to take pre-orders. They are in a unique position to end this pre-order bullshit once and for all. One way they could do such is by taking only a 10% nonrefundable deposit to be in a strict queue position. When the product is ready to ship (and not still weeks out due to not having some common part like PSUs on-hand), then those that ordered would have 48 hours to send the balance owed, otherwise loose their queue position, then possibly their deposit if not paid within X time frame.

Play fair, and Spondoolies-Tech could own this market. The other option is not very pleasant.

~Bruno Kucinskas
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:05:57 AM

This
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

It is a nice feeling to have a backlog of orders.  Demand certainty, they have said, helps them plan their supply chain.

So long as we are willing to pre-order this practice will not end.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:53:17 AM

Spondoolies-Tech has more than enough money in their various coffers of various concerns to not need to take pre-orders. They are in a unique position to end this pre-order bullshit once and for all. One way they could do such is by taking only a 10% nonrefundable deposit to be in a strict queue position. When the product is ready to ship (and not still weeks out due to not having some common part like PSUs on-hand), then those that ordered would have 48 hours to send the balance owed, otherwise loose their queue position, then possibly their deposit if not paid within X time frame.

Play fair, and Spondoolies-Tech could own this market. The other option is not very pleasant.

~Bruno Kucinskas

I agree with the nonrefundable deposit. Perfect way to preserve a queue, and for the merchant to assume that customer is serious. If not, at least they were compensated in a way both parties agreed to at the beginning.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:54:38 AM

~Bruno Kucinskas

I agree with the nonrefundable deposit. Perfect way to preserve a queue, and for the merchant to assume that customer is serious. If not, at least they were compensated in a way both parties agreed to at the beginning.

I would like to add.. nonrefundable unless they dont ship by X date. , in which case you get your deposit back.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:01:49 AM

Anybody received and is mining with a Spondoolier already??

Plenty of users have received and responded in this thread, moreover you are welcome to check some of the following professional reviews:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525469
http://mineforeman.com/2014/03/28/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-one/
http://mineforeman.com/2014/04/01/review-spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-part-two/

Could you elaborate a LITLLE bit MORE on "plenty"...please...

A simple number should be enough...How many SP10 did you ship up to date...?

20-50-100-500...1000...Just a number...will be "plenty" good... Wink

Spondoolies-Tech...:

Is it so hard to answer a simple question...?

You could round to the nearest 100s...like 200+...or something...
seriouscoin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:34:47 AM

It is a nice feeling to have a backlog of orders.  Demand certainty, they have said, helps them plan their supply chain.

So long as we are willing to pre-order this practice will not end.

Bottom line is.... keep supporting ONE vendor.... from ONE country and dont cry about how centralized mining will be.

Those Chinese vendors are building large farms for themselves.

The PROC can shut these vendors down and then what?

At least support alternative so mining can have more players.
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:01:10 AM

Guys,
Let's keep the discussion civilized please.

We're committed to distribute the hash-rate. It will become evident very soon.
The days of small DYI miners are almost over. We're preparing for the next phase of mining while taking utmost care to distribute the hash-rate.

Can you please clarify this statement it seems very contradictory.  How can you be working with a goal of spreading the hash-rate when you have the belief that "small" miners will soon be extinct?  This screams centralization of hash power.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:32:04 AM

The ONLY reason I see to take pre-orders is because you don't have the funds to order parts in mass quantity.

If I am mistaken then I would like to hear the reasons to have pre-orders at all.
The ONLY reason anyone would take pre-order money is if they think that what they get now will exceed what they would possibly get later.  Econ 101.  What idiot thinking they can get more money for the miner in a few months would sell it now for less?  Information asymmetry is off the charts here.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:35:56 AM

I've spoken with begged for special treatment from Gadi about this pre-order mess buying some spondoolies on special terms and said I would not participate was told to, go jump.

^^ fixed it for ya  Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:45:23 AM

to summise - people; you keep mentioning other hardware manufacturers and prodding sp with a pointy stick.
Please can you take those conversations to the relevant threads.

thanks.

WTF? All YOU have been doing lately is going around into other hardware threads and spamming Spondoolies-Tech.

Hashfast Thread:
for those of us who have cash tied up in preorders, including hashfast, spondoolies-tech are offering 10% discount.
i've ordered a small rig from them and just needed to send them proof of my refund request.
my babyjet should have been hashing by now, just glad to have another option to allow me to keep mining.

Blackarrow Thread:
guys, our x3's aren't gonna be worth 0.01btc per week...
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/3-x-sp30-yukon-august-batch

just saying.  Lips sealed

KnC Thread:
forget KnC hardware and forget the datorhall... WTF?...
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FARM
astounding... to think, if enough people buy into this, hashrate is gonna spread. collectively we could put that knc d/c in the lower echelons of mining farms.
i'm off to the bank, it's my duty.

Interent Formus: a disease of the fingers where the brain is so preoccupied with the investigations of something which is totally irrelevant to your real life that the 'interent formus' becomes a "proper pain in the arse" - relevant to only yourself, so much that nobody gives a flying fuck about your 'investigations and your opinions. elaboration: opinons are like assholes.

BIFFA. you have Interent Formus. please seek professional help.

ps. thanks for sharing your problems, i am sure that you feel better.

ADD: I am going to defend this company tothe hilt because I know for a fact that they are the best that we have, and will ever see.
a lot of us have been screwed over with preorders (myself included) but I am not going to hold it against a viable company because of others past mistakes.
ELA: I have made mistakes to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds - to hold it against a new company trying to do their best in this industry is just vile and vindictive. Some folks won't ever see a good thing, because of their own mistakes, and blame others. Spondoolies-tech had no play in your order from Hashfast, or your order from KnC, Cointerra or the shite rigs you received from bitmain recently, but now they come along and offer your some compensation (which your own purchase company has never).. you begin a tirade of poison against them.

hey, it's your loss. I'm gonna keep mining, with stable rigs from a viable company,

LOL struck a nerve did I?  Tongue

oops, please accept my apologies Biffa, had a few beers.  it does read like a bit of a rant Roll Eyes

Where have I begun a tirade of poison against them? I've been nothing but courteous and civil towards them as a company.

i was generalising. not entirely directed at you

I think their gear is overpriced, expensive to import, too noisy and too "focused" and designed for big farms, and I don't think its a good idea to pre-order for August now. But thats just my opinion. I'd buy from them if they produced something roomier, cooler and in stock for a decent price.

we all want 'better' for 'cheaper' and the wife certainly wants 'quieter' - wouldn't it be nice to live in a perfect world.

Even if they don't currently mine for themselves, this isn't a product designed for distributing the hashing, this is a product designed for one thing, massive farms with enormous hash-per-U footprints.

that really depends on whether you buy in bulk, or not.

I don't know who or what you are talking about with regards to the foaming-at-the-mouth-a-thon about orders from other companies, I never paid for orders of anything from Hashfast or Cointerra, although even if I had I don't know what point you were trying to make.

the entire slating of any new pre-order comes directly from previous experience. my point was, that whilst making pre-judgement (similar to pre-orders but morals, not money) against this new company, some people (perhaps not yourself) have used hashfast/cointerra/bfl as the benchmark.

I'm actually hardware agnostic, I've mined on GPU's, USB ASICminers, BFL Singles, KnC Jupiters, Antiminers; S1's & an S2 on its way, I have had hosted dragonminers and one winging its way to me right now so I can have a play with it. I've also got a Neptune on preorder, last preorder I ever did. Again I'm hanging onto it because I have an interest in the technology and I like to mine.

likewise, i'm of a similar mind... my sp10 will look smart amongst a pile of old shitty blades, coupla bfl's and whatever else i can afford to add to the cabinets. I don't think we should be at each others throats, so i'm apoligising for a drunken rant and holding out an olive branch.

What compensation are they offering you that you've suddenly become evangelical about them? I thought you were supposed to be an impartial journalist, honestly, right now, you sound like a rabid fan-girl.

none. i believe in them; and their intentions, that's all.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:52:48 AM

Guys,
Let's keep the discussion civilized please.

We're committed to distribute the hash-rate. It will become evident very soon.
The days of small DYI miners are almost over. We're preparing for the next phase of mining while taking utmost care to distribute the hash-rate.

Can you please clarify this statement it seems very contradictory.  How can you be working with a goal of spreading the hash-rate when you have the belief that "small" miners will soon be extinct?  This screams centralization of hash power.

Utmost care as to which phram will be distributed to, read the bigger the order, the bigger the shipment.

I think they went overboard when they slicked up their sale's pitch, when they should have scaled it back a tad so that it's not too inline with how their past ventures were packaged, some of which gone to the wayside in spite of the VC that poured in.

The principals have been around the block a few times and know exactly what they're doing and to who their customer base is. They surely are clicking all the right buttons, and millions WILL flow into their coffer but, again, at the end of the day I don't see rigs being shipped out on time nor them refraining from mining on rigs built with their investomers' money.

Am I the only one that has looked into the backgrounds of most of the principals? Surely, you guys did some research before sending bitcoins to purchase a machine that produces bitcoins, didn't you?

Imagine the following two scenarios, of which only one took place.

A group of men sitting around a boardroom table discussing how they're going to use their own money to develop, then offer for sale once bitcoin miners are fully built or, at the very least, all the parts are sourced. They all agree to the plan.

A group of men sitting around a boardroom table discussing how they're going to use their investomers' money to fully develop bitcoin miners, claiming that on a certain date they'll be shipped, but being a month or two late while mining with said units to further fill their coffer is the norm in this industry. Besides, how would it be proven otherwise? They all agree to the plan, each having the shittiest grins on their faces.

From a business standpoint, which one above makes the most sense? Hint: IT AIN'T THE FIRST ONE!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: