Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

Complaining about distribution is like complaining about block difficulty going up. Then poor miners can't pump and dump because they can't afford newer mining rigs/equiptment. Fact - POW is doomed. POS is the future (at least for now).

Qora is still in it's infancy and will find it's niche. The selling is great for distribution and will continue. Nxt is blazing a path that other POS alt's such as Qora can follow or avoid and the long term outlook is great.

If you are looking for a quick pump and dump, there are plenty of other shitcoins to take a look at so don't waste your breath here. This is a Proof-of-Stake coin with Proof-of-Stake supporters, so you little miner's can go back to checking the temperatures of your gpu's or selling coins to pay your electric.

POS in general has still the problem of sybil attacks.
As there is no whitepaper or any other look into the code, Qora has not yet shown how it handles such situations.
POS might seem to be a great idea if you look at it the first moment, but it shows it's problems once you dig deeper.
It is a lot more energy efficient, that is correct. But on the other hand this approach minimizes the cost of sybil attacks compared to POW.
So, it is of yet unknown how much damage a sybil attack could cause and how costly it is to perform one.

As far as I know not a single POS coin has really solves the issue. Peercoin is more or less centralized at this point to protect from POS based sybil attacks.
NXT is doing fine so far, but you never know what the future brings.

And Qora is pretty much a blackbox.

I'm not convinced POS is the future. At least not in it's current form.
There is still a lot of technical progress to be made before it can be seen as completly secure.

Did NXT release their source code after two weeks?

I can see you have a few valid intelligent points. But answer me this, why are the majority of your posts on POS coins if you doubt them so much?

By the way thanks for bumping this thread, every little helps to get the word out.

Oh, don't mention it. I like Qora, always glad to help Cheesy

I actually don't know when the source of NXT was released. And I don't care, it's not the point. NXT had to suffer the same valid attacks while it was closed source.
Now it's Qoras turn and I am more than intrigued to see how the problem is tackled. After all, the basic principle of POS is great. It's just not finished.
So, I'm sitting here and gathering puzzle pieces for the perfect Proof of Whatever system. Pointing out problems often enough provokes some good response on the points made. Not so much around here, but well

The whole current POS dilemma boils down to one point: Why did Satoshi leave BTC? Because he saw the project as failed. Multipools started to kill it. So now he is sitting somewhere and thinking on how the problem of Proof can be solves in a way that creates a system which is either ungameable or provides zero or negative incentive to even try.

POS is a nice system, but basically it failed already in all current implementations.
So the loop closes... how did Qora solve it? Did Qora solve it?

While asking for that I also do the good deed of educating newcomers.
Thats not in the short term interest of most people around here, but will be better long term. Who wants a lot of nervous new people in the project? Not me Smiley

you jumping topics, you were critical of POS as not secure now you are again talking about distribution. Do you have any integrity or any point or should we all assume you are just trying to talk the price down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:41:32 PM

POS is a nice system, but basically it failed already in all current implementations.

What?  Shocked

I disagree, PPC and NXT are well alive and kickin.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

NXT and NEM both can complement each other well. You will see Wink

Ummm, what is your point? You've already made yourself look like a fool by coming on here and stating, and I quote: "come to nxt this is all u need my friend" and then the very next post stating that Nxt and NEM compliment each other.

Nobody here is discussing or bashing Nxt or NEM (I consider myself quite a Nxt fanboy). If you haven't noticed, this is a Qora thread and I would gather the majority of the individuals invested in Qora are also invested in NEM and Nxt just like myself, but that is an assumption.

If you don't like Qora - that is fine. But nobody really cares, honestly, they don't. If you must hear yourself talk take a garden hose and hold one end up to your ear and the other to your mouth, you'll find yourself in true bliss.

do you think the people are stupid? invest blind? ok every day is an idiot wake up and then buys Qora.
Nxt has just made ​​ ONE mistake that was the distribution, but it was an experiment. You make aware this mistake, and that's a shame!!!!

I can only warn people to buy quora. That's it, I'm gone.

thank you for putting our welfare as you priority. Grin

hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:44:00 PM

What?  Shocked

PPC and NXT Grin  Cheesy

This 2 coins are lost.... i see no futur for them.

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:44:31 PM

What?  Shocked

It's only third on Coinmarketcap, hardly a success duh.

Secondleo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

Complaining about distribution is like complaining about block difficulty going up. Then poor miners can't pump and dump because they can't afford newer mining rigs/equiptment. Fact - POW is doomed. POS is the future (at least for now).

Qora is still in it's infancy and will find it's niche. The selling is great for distribution and will continue. Nxt is blazing a path that other POS alt's such as Qora can follow or avoid and the long term outlook is great.

If you are looking for a quick pump and dump, there are plenty of other shitcoins to take a look at so don't waste your breath here. This is a Proof-of-Stake coin with Proof-of-Stake supporters, so you little miner's can go back to checking the temperatures of your gpu's or selling coins to pay your electric.

POS in general has still the problem of sybil attacks.
As there is no whitepaper or any other look into the code, Qora has not yet shown how it handles such situations.
POS might seem to be a great idea if you look at it the first moment, but it shows it's problems once you dig deeper.
It is a lot more energy efficient, that is correct. But on the other hand this approach minimizes the cost of sybil attacks compared to POW.
So, it is of yet unknown how much damage a sybil attack could cause and how costly it is to perform one.

As far as I know not a single POS coin has really solves the issue. Peercoin is more or less centralized at this point to protect from POS based sybil attacks.
NXT is doing fine so far, but you never know what the future brings.

And Qora is pretty much a blackbox.

I'm not convinced POS is the future. At least not in it's current form.
There is still a lot of technical progress to be made before it can be seen as completly secure.

Did NXT release their source code after two weeks?

I can see you have a few valid intelligent points. But answer me this, why are the majority of your posts on POS coins if you doubt them so much?

By the way thanks for bumping this thread, every little helps to get the word out.

Oh, don't mention it. I like Qora, always glad to help Cheesy

I actually don't know when the source of NXT was released. And I don't care, it's not the point. NXT had to suffer the same valid attacks while it was closed source.
Now it's Qoras turn and I am more than intrigued to see how the problem is tackled. After all, the basic principle of POS is great. It's just not finished.
So, I'm sitting here and gathering puzzle pieces for the perfect Proof of Whatever system. Pointing out problems often enough provokes some good response on the points made. Not so much around here, but well

The whole current POS dilemma boils down to one point: Why did Satoshi leave BTC? Because he saw the project as failed. Multipools started to kill it. So now he is sitting somewhere and thinking on how the problem of Proof can be solves in a way that creates a system which is either ungameable or provides zero or negative incentive to even try.

So the loop closes... how did Qora solve it? Did Qora solve it?

While asking for that I also do the good deed of educating newcomers.
Thats not in the short term interest of most people around here, but will be better long term. Who wants a lot of nervous new people in the project? Not me Smiley

you jumping topics, you were critical of POS as not secure now you are again talking about distribution. Do you have any integrity or any point or should we all assume you are just trying to talk the price down?

Well, that's a pretty good disguised ad hominem you got there?
As you can't seem to go against any of the arguments, points or statements I make, you try to attack the person behind it. That is pretty bad style. Effective in some cases, but neither right nor good.

Integrity? Where did I suddenly change my opinion on anything?

And I assume with distribution you meant the last half sentence. I don't think that one is of any greater concern. It's true that I don't like speculation, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

So, half ad hominem, half strawman. Tztztz, bad bad gorillajam!

By the way... I am actually not trying to talk the price down. I have my Qora, why should my goal be to talk the price down? All I'm doing is discussing the topic. If discussing Qora hurts the coin... oh well, you can draw the conclusion for yourself.
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:07:03 PM

do you think the people are stupid? invest blind? ok every day is an idiot wake up and then buys Qora.
Nxt has just made ​​ ONE mistake that was the distribution, but it was an experiment. You make aware this mistake, and that's a shame!!!!

I can only warn people to buy quora. That's it, I'm gone.

People in general, perhaps not. You, however, the jury may be out.

1. First, learn how to spell the coin, it's Qora not Quora.
2. Nobody needs a savior such as yourself, adults should do their due diligence and research before investing.
3. I'm not sure Nxt's distribution was a mistake at all, I tend to believe it served a purpose. Sometimes too many hands in the cookie jar is a problem.
4. If you want me to continue brow beating you for making dumb statements and not addressing but continually posting more ignorant items, I'll be here all night, try the veal. lol

vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

balance went to 0? Seems to be a known problem, trying to recover now using te seed and renamed the wallet dir..
Secondleo

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:10:35 PM

What?  Shocked

Correct, both alive and kicking. PPC centralized the block consensus though and NXT states that transparent forging will solve the problems.
So, we have one coin that centralized to protect itself and one coin that promises to solve the problem at some future point.

NXT has an interesting approach though. Project Kharon might be something that solves the POS issues.
But well, if the answer to some of the problems is a full blown genetic learning algorithm (or AI to make it sound a little more sci fi Cheesy) you might get a glimpse on how secure POS actually is against a dedicated attack.
And that is only to protect against application level DDOS attacks. Not actually the sybil problem.
lyynx

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:22:04 PM

What?  Shocked

Correct, both alive and kicking. PPC centralized the block consensus though and NXT states that transparent forging will solve the problems.
So, we have one coin that centralized to protect itself and one coin that promises to solve the problem at some future point.

NXT has an interesting approach though. Project Kharon might be something that solves the POS issues.
But well, if the answer to some of the problems is a full blown genetic learning algorithm (or AI to make it sound a little more sci fi Cheesy) you might get a glimpse on how secure POS actually is against a dedicated attack.
And that is only to protect against application level DDOS attacks. Not actually the sybil problem.

I believe Kharon has been scrapped, but don't quote me.

https://nxtforum.org/general/advanced-ddos-protection-project-kharon/

agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:30:27 PM

I added a new chart.
total daily amount
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?statistics

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Secondleo

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:37:39 PM

What?  Shocked

I believe Kharon has been scrapped, but don't quote me.

https://nxtforum.org/general/advanced-ddos-protection-project-kharon/

And there I get the news.
Seems like they scrapped it. The problem obviously remains though.
Thanks for the hint anyway. It's pretty hard to keep up to date with everything thats going on Smiley
lyynx

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:00:07 PM

I added a new chart.
total daily amount

Awesome, keep up the great work.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:06:39 PM

I added a new chart.
total daily amount

Awesome, keep up the great work.

yes nice! but what is a "G"? Is that a billion?

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

Giga.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
lyynx

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:21:32 PM

Seems like Poloniex has started to handle tickets properly...  all we need now is for qora to drop a HUGE update on us so we could leave all the troubles behind...  who knows?...  if things go well...  maybe the Poloniex folks will find the strength to forgive me one day!!!   Wink Kiss Cheesy

Yes, finally got my withdrawal.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

Nice, active accounts have grown 3 fold since the 16th :-)

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:55:29 PM

Oh I hope mine gets here...syncing the wallet.
I'll let it run unlocked as soon as I get mah coins.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

Giga.

Hmm, would have never guessed that tbh!

vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:59:07 PM

Seems like Poloniex has started to handle tickets properly...  all we need now is for qora to drop a HUGE update on us so we could leave all the troubles behind...  who knows?...  if things go well...  maybe the Poloniex folks will find the strength to forgive me one day!!!   Wink Kiss Cheesy

they are not handling tickets properly at all
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: