Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 06:31:59 AM

Re: "No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that."

It depends on what you mean by word "sell". If it's exchanging for $ with different rate then I disagree.
Some people will buy NXT coins just to issue assets. Some people will buy them just to prepay for secure messaging.
Some to be able to regularly publish something (WikiLeaks).

It's interesting to be able to prepay for some services that I know I will consume in the future.
It would be nice if I could prepay for water, food, gas, electricity, taxes to avoid future price hikes, but I can't because providers of these services never take obligation of future delivery disregarding price in $ (X gallons of water or X gallons of gas, or X pieces of bread, e.t.c.). Even internet service providers store prepaid balance in $ instead of months or gigabytes.
With coins I can actually prepay for something and never exchange them back to $.
The only thing that can disrupt my prepaid services is existence of QORA coin network.

It's nice to see someone actually absorbed what I said and the gears in their brain are actually turning to produce a response.

You are mostly right. But I didn't say buying into an IPO is a loan, I did say that mechanically they are the same. I guess maybe I needed to be more specific and say a "crypto IPO"? You are correct in that in essence it is a sale in its most basic sense. But this sale is made with the intention of returning these coins to the market. Correct?

No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that.
If you buy into cryptocoins with the intention of selling them at a later point, again, I stand by what I said, that is the same as loan. You are "loaning" your money to the market or an investor with the intention of making that money back with interest in the future. Whether your funds go to one party (developer) and are returned through another (market) makes no difference in this argument.

stop talking to yourself. Grin

Good eye ! loz

Welcome to SockPuppetPaloooza 2014 !

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:46:34 AM

In fact I suggest you turn this into a marketing thing. have a competition for a few weeks for people to make a video.

I'm not in charge. I'm doing my best, but I'm not in charge. So either you or anyone else is totally welcome to do a marketing thing out of anything you want. Just make an announcement, decide an amount of a reward and if there's not enough coins in the marketing fund just gather more money.

vishi_tup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:52:16 AM

time to get Qora listed on BTER
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

You know what the problem with Qora is. There is nobody marketing it, because only few people hold it. Distribution sucks. NXT had the same issue, but they were the first to offer the same features, they were a novelty, so people hang on to NXT. Qora may offer the same features, although still buggy, but a) because few people own it, few people can speak in favor of it and do marketing efforts (compare with Doge for example), b) there is no novelty about Qora.

Even alias trading, which Qora boasts of, doesn't seem to be happening much. Why don't Qora whales buy some of the aliases to help the distribution a bit. It won't hurt their balance a lot, but it will get more people interested. If Qora whales don't do that quickly, NXT will beat Qora to it, as they will release the next client with alias transfer too. Oh and those who sell aliases, please put reasonable price tags on them Smiley Just some thoughts of a Qora thread lurker.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:59:28 AM

You know what the problem with Qora is. There is nobody marketing it, because only few people hold it. Distribution sucks. NXT had the same issue, but they were the first to offer the same features, they were a novelty, so people hang on to NXT. Qora may offer the same features, although still buggy, but a) because few people own it, few people can speak in favor of it and do marketing efforts (compare with Doge for example), b) there is no novelty about Qora.

Even alias trading, which Qora boasts of, doesn't seem to be happening much. Why don't Qora whales buy some of the aliases to help the distribution a bit. It won't hurt their balance a lot, but it will get more people interested. If Qora whales don't do that quickly, NXT will beat Qora to it, as they will release the next client with alias transfer too. Oh and those who sell aliases, please put reasonable price tags on them Smiley Just some thoughts of a Qora thread lurker.

I guess you registered a couple of thousands names and put it on sale Smiley

devphp

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:01:38 AM

I guess you registered a couple of thousands names and put it on sale Smiley

Only about 50 good aliases and all at reasonable prices, unlike some others Smiley
I don't own any qoras, I only had like 100 qoras that you or someone else here gave me, so spread the wealth, buy some aliases from me Smiley
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:24:53 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 07:36:43 AM by nextgencoin

In fact I suggest you turn this into a marketing thing. have a competition for a few weeks for people to make a video.

I'm not in charge. I'm doing my best, but I'm not in charge. So either you or anyone else is totally welcome to do a marketing thing out of anything you want. Just make an announcement, decide an amount of a reward and if there's not enough coins in the marketing fund just gather more money.

I guess it was your "Nah, we're good."  which suggested as a community it wasn't interested. People do kind of look toward you for direction whether you want the job or not.

Yeah I might do a video competition but I want a few other people to think its a good idea and give feedback on pros and cons before I think about starting a thread. My one concern is we don't have much detailed info to put in a video, any video could just come across as vague. Maybe once colored coins and the gui is more developed would be a better time.

I can personally put 1M into a prize. Anyone else pledging more ontop would only help interest.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

I guess it was your "Nah, we're good."  which suggested as a community it wasn't interested. People do kind of look toward you for direction whether you want the job or not.

I meant that if lyynx's does script and voice over and I do illustrations and animation it'll be way better than if we use a constructor website.

Also I don't think such job could be done by community as a contest or something like that. There should be a team in order to create professional video and no team would take part in a contest. We're lucky lyynx's can do both script and voice over and I can do illustrations and animation. Otherwise there would need to be 4 people.

Nxt has a great video and its creator wants $4000 for making something similar for Qora. And it's really cheap by the way. Can you imaging people with such skills making tons of videos just with hope of winning a contest?

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:40:05 AM

I meant that if lyynx's does script and voice over and I do illustrations and animation it'll be way better than if we use a constructor website.

Also I don't think such job could be done by community as a contest or something like that. There should be a team in order to create professional video and no team would take part in a contest. We're lucky lyynx's can do both script and voice over and I can do illustrations and animation. Otherwise there would need to be 4 people.

Nxt has a great video and its creator wants $4000 for making something similar for Qora. And it's really cheap by the way. Can you imaging people with such skills making tons of videos just with hope of winning a contest?

Ok fair enough, lets go the team way. I still recommend you guys use Wideo or something similar otherwise a mix of styles could look crap. I have some knowledge of video production, its not as easy as sticking a few nice images and having a voice over unless you want it to look amateurish.

I'll hope for the best though.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:42:34 AM

what is the updated knownpeers ?

I tried recovering many times today, all ended up on a fork.
devphp

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:57:29 AM

very arrogance
such delete Nxt history
many crystal ball
wow Golden Rule

Thanx, I tried Smiley
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:43:46 AM

what is the updated knownpeers ?

I tried recovering many times today, all ended up on a fork.

knownpeers 146.185.141.232;162.243.170.76;42.159.153.145;193.242.149.63;88.198.69.99;85.21.237.35;193.242.149.63;113.250.226.131

...make sure to recover from seed...

That is the peers I use.
I tried Version 6 and Version 7 fix many times, all from seed.
Sync goes fine until the timestamp is about 20 hours ago.
After that all blocks are generated by a single account QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4

My client worked well yesterday.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:48:03 AM

Hey guys, about the marketing. Im thinking to start together a Twitter campaign, I have heard that with twitter you can target directly the people you want, in our cause, al the crypto people. If we do that we can reach on an effectively way a real big market, in the west, but also in China.

Do you guys want me to find out how much this cost?

or does anybody here know how this work?
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:51:28 AM

Hey guys, about the marketing. Im thinking to start together a Twitter campaign, I have heard that with twitter you can target directly the people you want, in our cause, al the crypto people. If we do that we can reach on an effectively way a real big market, in the west, but also in China.

Sure. As more info we have as better.

We can also start another giveaway for retweeting.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:54:53 AM

We can start a giveaway, but before we do that, we need more followers, and to get more followers, the twitter marketing project is I think reel effectively to get more followers. And before we start the marketing campaign, we need to make sure we have got a good promotion Video, with simple explanation about the product, and just fine tune the product, so that it is easy to understand and ready for the big market.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:58:08 AM

We can start a giveaway, but before we do that, we need more followers, and to get more followers, the twitter marketing project is I think reel effectively to get more followers. And before we start the marketing campaign, we need to make sure we have got a good promotion Video, with simple explanation about the product, and just fine tune the product, so that it is easy to understand and ready for the big market.

We can also start a giveaway for gaining more followers.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:04:05 AM

We can make a post in this thread 3 or 4 times a day: Follow our Twitter and FB, put your signature in your name, send Dzarmush a PM and get free Qora..

What do you think?
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

We can make a post in this thread 3 or 4 times a day: Follow our Twitter and FB, put your signature in your name, send Dzarmush a PM and get free Qora..

What do you think?

Sounds good. Although I think it'll be better not to mix everything. Maybe start with just Twitter and see how it goes.

Like: Follow us on Twitter and get free coins. More giveaways for retweets is coming soon. (so they won't unfollow as soon as they got free coins)

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

What do you think?

Sounds good. Although I think it'll be better not to mix everything. Maybe start with just Twitter and see how it goes.

Like: Follow us on Twitter and get free coins. More giveaways for retweets is coming soon. (so they won't unfollow as soon as they got free coins)

Dzarmush can you also check out how a Twitter campaign looks like? To get an idea. The things I can tell is that is very important the product is finished. Website, promotion materials(video,fb,twitter, ANN). And I think we really need a more nice looking wallet, such like NXT, it looks awesome, the sooner, the better. Because with a fine tuned, nice looking product, we really can start shaking the market.

And its also really important that a big company, ore more companys starts to accept Qora.

We also have to start thinking about publishing articles, to spread the word and let people know Qora is the second 2ND gen coin next to NXT, that is really unique and I think a lot of people are not aware yet of this fact.

So community, there is a lot of work to do, lets do this.

If you see something you can do, just do it and send your progress, results or questions in this thread, together we build.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:28:17 AM

What do you think?

Dzarmush can you also check out how a Twitter campaign looks like? To get an idea. The things I can tell is that is very important the product is finished. Website, promotion materials(video,fb,twitter, ANN). And I think we really need a more nice looking wallet, such like NXT, it looks awesome, the sooner, the better. Because with a fine tuned, nice looking product, we really can start shaking the market.

And its also really important that a big company, ore more companys starts to accept Qora.

We also have to start thinking about publishing articles, to spread the word and let people know Qora is the second 2ND gen coin next to NXT, that is really unique and I think a lot of people are not aware yet of this fact.

So community, there is a lot of work to do, lets do this.

If you see something you can do, just do it and send your progress, results or questions in this thread, together we build.

Qora will cost much more by the time all those things are done, so it'll be easier to pay for promo stuff.

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: