Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748203 times)
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:39:16 PM

so, will there be an escrow or not?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

so, will there be an escrow or not?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6065055#msg6065055
Now it is up to you to find a reputable escrow provider who is willing to do this.

I haven't decided if there will be a 4th week or not.
Any investment will be refundable before launch.

zjz_lgd

Activity: 173

zjz_lgd

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:11:13 AM

I don't like ipo coin, why don't you burn coins?
Now too many ipo coins alread!

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
qora (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:45:22 AM

To use proof-of-burn correctly it should be build on top of another cryptocurrency and use its blockchain.
This currency does not rely on any other cryptocurrency so there is no point in using proof-of-burn.

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

To use proof-of-burn correctly it should be build on top of another cryptocurrency and use its blockchain.
This currency does not rely on any other cryptocurrency so there is no point in using proof-of-burn.

You are already relying on BTC, by asking for investment to be made using it.

You could also designate an unspendable BTC burn address (a la Counterparty), and at the end of the burn period manually check the deposits made; these deposits form the initial investors.

The benefits of this include:
 - No way for developer to cheat the system by 'investing' using his own funds (using sockpuppet accounts or similar), and then immediately getting those funds back
 - Demonstrates that developer is not simply looking at short-term profit (BTC IPO)

TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

Has anybody deposited using escrow?

Regarding PoB, you can ask BTC to be sent to an unspendable address and also post it here. You award them coins based on how much they sent.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
qora (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:04:30 PM

I understand the advantages of proof-of-burn but an IPO was chosen for this currency.
You will have to trust me that we will continue developing this currency instead of running away.
Creating a new source would have been worthless if we didn't plan to continue developing it actively.

insan-e

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:37:55 PM

Could somebody send me some beta coins?
QTWKr1bLZiqt3a2X8Zzxb5HNSqNqPSjGQH
qora (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:46:10 PM

I have contacted him to see if he is willing to set up escrow.

Could somebody send me some beta coins?
QTWKr1bLZiqt3a2X8Zzxb5HNSqNqPSjGQH

Sent you some.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:40:10 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 06:55:58 PM by Anon136

Now offering escrow for Qora

In order to use my escrow service for this coin you must be in personal possession of the private key to one of the inputs to your transaction. This is because I will require digital signatures to make a change to the status of your order. One option is to use the BitcoinQT client locally or if you prefer a web wallet blockchain.info is one that I know of that allows you to make digital signatures. DO NOT SEND DIRECTLY FROM AN EXCHANGE if you do than you WILL lose your coins.

Digital signatures sound complex but its actually really simple as long as you are in personal possession of the private key. You don't have to worry about figuring it all out right now, you can worry about it when it comes time to release or refund the btc and ill be here to walk you through every step if you need help.

Additionally there will be a fee of 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater.

You will be free to release the funds or receive a refund at any time at any time for any reason.

Qora has asked me to clarify this point: You will have an opportunity to evaluate the software before choosing to release the BTC to him but you must release the btc before you can receive the Qora currency. I don't think this entails a great deal of risk since it doesn't make any rational sense for him to develop a legitimate crypto but then horde its units. They only have value if they are shared.

If you agree to these terms than feel free to send to this address at any time. Thankyou and good luck!

1Bi6iU52aDecVy25TmrqU7VqB8yJhYWW5p

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
pc52013141234

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:19:59 AM

hello~ can you send some coins to me ? I want to test my wallet. I will bring it to you after that.Address:Qap7oRkVA7FpLLN4nYgZN2KSTNndkWvRtX
     thank you Tongue And i will ipo it.

TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:30:55 AM

In order to use my escrow service for this coin you must be in personal possession of the private key to one of the inputs to your transaction. This is because I will require digital signatures to make a change to the status of your order. One option is to use the BitcoinQT client locally or if you prefer a web wallet blockchain.info is one that I know of that allows you to make digital signatures. DO NOT SEND DIRECTLY FROM AN EXCHANGE if you do than you WILL lose your coins.

Digital signatures sound complex but its actually really simple as long as you are in personal possession of the private key. You don't have to worry about figuring it all out right now, you can worry about it when it comes time to release or refund the btc and ill be here to walk you through every step if you need help.

You will be free to release the funds or receive a refund at any time at any time for any reason.

Qora has asked me to clarify this point: You will have an opportunity to evaluate the software before choosing to release the BTC to him but you must release the btc before you can receive the Qora currency. I don't think this entails a great deal of risk since it doesn't make any rational sense for him to develop a legitimate crypto but then horde its units. They only have value if they are shared.

If you agree to these terms than feel free to send to this address at any time. Thankyou and good luck!

This is good news!
Having an established escrow is good for everyone. Dev gets more investments and our investments are secured.
This should be a requirement for any IPO.
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:03:32 AM

When I sign my address from blockchain.info should I sign it with any specific message? Thx.

JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:10:09 AM

Hi Anon,

1.02 BTC sent for escrow from Blockchain.info.

Tx ID: 6164953b210b76b69c601c1585288bab2a21ac44518bf5549a0e2523ee7c7dcf

Thanks

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
nilangerxing

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:28:03 AM

Currently we are working on the GUI I will show more details about the GUI soon!
qora (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:13:18 PM

When I sign my address from blockchain.info should I sign it with any specific message? Thx.

I think it is better if you contact him by PM.
I dont think he will follow this thread.

syntek

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:07:26 PM

great work
QORA UP
wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:46:27 PM

Hi Anon!!! I'm gonna invest through you (as usual Smiley. Wait for my PM

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:38:00 PM

@Anon: 1.02BTC sent

Sent PM also.

https://blockchain.info/tx/64796519b6109608e6337ea8f305a997ee571e4ea74809d37f7e05291677bdbf

Please confirm.

Thank you very much Smiley

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

I haven't decided if there will be a 4th week or not.
What decision you have made?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: