Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748197 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:30:46 PM

A question for Qora or anyone. I played with the Beta again today. Is there a total balance shown if you have coins in the wallet?

I didn't use any coins, so maybe it didn't show. Or will we just know the balance on individual accounts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

I just want to know , when laungh, I will receive my qora seed by pm?

I also want to know what will the author issuing for ipo investors

Each bitcoin transaction will represent one address.
On launch I will pm all known investors and ask how they want to receive the seed of that address.
Investors can then import that seed into their wallet and use it.

A question for Qora or anyone. I played with the Beta again today. Is there a total balance shown if you have coins in the wallet?

I didn't use any coins, so maybe it didn't show. Or will we just know the balance on individual accounts?

Currently there are no totals of the balances.
This is actually something that could be usefull.
I will add it to my list and see if I can get it done before the launch.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:27:12 PM

On launch I will pm all known investors and ask how they want to receive the seed of that address.

I'm suggesting to consider this service or similar https://privnote.com/

Someone creates a note, sends a link, you can read it just once. After the first time note was open service deletes it.

For example I created a note https://privnote.com/n/cfgyhsorzlnpkbnm/#zefvqzmkmusapetp after someone reads it, it will be deleted and I'll receive notification on my e-mail that the note has been read.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:33:20 PM

Qora to the moon!  Cheesy

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

Qora to the moon!  Cheesy

Yep!  Smiley

And I got e-mail: "This is an automatic notification to let you know that your note referred as no reference has been read."

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:44:21 PM

Someone creates a note, sends a link, you can read it just once. After the first time note was open service deletes it.

For example I created a note https://privnote.com/n/cfgyhsorzlnpkbnm/#zefvqzmkmusapetp after someone reads it, it will be deleted and I'll receive notification on my e-mail that the note has been read.

What's wrong with just using the PM service on this forum?

Personally because of the recent hacking generally of Windows etc to be super safe I might while I'm on TOR network change my Bitcointalk password. I suggest others do of they haven't already. I personally don't think any email is secure.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:00:35 PM

Personally because of the recent hacking generally of Windows etc to be super safe I might while I'm on TOR network change my Bitcointalk password. I suggest others do of they haven't already. I personally don't think any email is secure.

Although I trust BT admins I won't take a risk showing them my Qora address seed.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:07:34 PM

Although I trust BT admins I won't take a risk showing them my Qora address seed.

fair point.
mkmen

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:40:23 PM

So, I just found this, interesting.

You are doing the same exact thing as Nxt (most of the functions are exactly the same), but improved where it was suggested (Ed25519, address handling, built-in gui, alias transfer...) while claiming you don't know much about Nxt, ok, that's fine...
But you also make the distribution (IPO) the exact same way as Nxt, which is for most people the biggest (and only) problem with it, so it will end up the same, everyone will be butthurt about not being "initial stakeholder" and calling a scam. If you are trying to improve something, why not also use a different type of distribution which is a big problem with pure PoS? I just don't understand this.

What's also not clear to me, is why the IPO ended a long time before the release? If you want to go the way of IPO, make it so it at least seems fair. I'd suggest go completely other way - as suggested, rewards for running nodes etc., maybe just partial IPO to fund the development, but this seems like an interesting project that will probably end up hated the same way as Nxt (probably even more since you had the option to avoid it).
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:51:42 PM

You are doing the same exact thing as Nxt (most of the functions are exactly the same), but improved where it was suggested (Ed25519, address handling, built-in gui, alias transfer...) while claiming you don't know much about Nxt, ok, that's fine...
But you also make the distribution (IPO) the exact same way as Nxt, which is for most people the biggest (and only) problem with it, so it will end up the same, everyone will be butthurt about not being "initial stakeholder" and calling a scam. If you are trying to improve something, why not also use a different type of distribution which is a big problem with pure PoS? I just don't understand this.

What's also not clear to me, is why the IPO ended a long time before the release? If you want to go the way of IPO, make it so it at least seems fair. I'd suggest go completely other way - as suggested, rewards for running nodes etc., maybe just partial IPO to fund the development, but this seems like an interesting project that will probably end up hated the same way as Nxt (probably even more since you had the option to avoid it).

Ok, Nxt is hated by many guys, but are appreciated by more ppl, because of its innovation.
Of course it should have been adopted by much more ppl if it had been distributed better.
Qora also goes IPO, but it is a much more fair IPO, with a long enough time and much more investors.
Nothing can be perfect, Qora has been doing well so far.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:39:53 AM

I'd suggest go completely other way - as suggested, rewards for running nodes etc., maybe just partial IPO to fund the development...

We'll have rewards for running nodes, development etc. The only difference that those things will be funded by major stakeholders instead of dev. You'd prefer all money concentrated in one person's hand? Like in NHZ? I'd prefer money distributed among many people who will help the coin to succeed.

As for Nxt I think its IPO model works just fine. BCNext gave all coins to 73 people and disappeared and nothing bad happened. Nxt doesn't depend on one person or even on a team. The whole core team may disappear but major stakeholders with 30-50M coins will find new devs within hours. If some greedy envious assholes are bithing about Nxt distribution it's their problems. Nxt will be the number one currency for a long time. Only Qora may overcome it  Smiley

englishbad

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:49:43 AM

Hi,I’m here
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:56:09 AM

Hi,I’m here

me too, hi
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:27:28 AM

The scam accusation in my mind is an early sign of success of a coin. Grin
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:40:36 AM

The scam accusation in my mind is an early sign of success of a coin. Grin

Smiley true

belmonty

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:46:56 AM

The dev extended the IPO to allow more people to sign up. I think it was something like two extra weeks from the date originally specified. Nxt cut short the IPO deadline, which is the opposite of Qora.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:03:08 AM

This topic has been called SCAM on multiple occasions, but I have always beliebed. IPO was extended, beta was available during IPO and above all dev still does refunds to anyone who invested until this very day. Nobody will ask for a refund of course. Because this is a working product and it is a very pretty one.

I took a very large risk in investing in this, I still believe in the product though and that means, that from the 16th onwards, you can buy my coins at a very large premium.

burp...
xibeilang

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:21:36 AM

When the transmitter

Bitnet . VpcQtgHfkNBuFpDArTfnyDMktPxhedo4Xy
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

Try not to get suckered into the scam debate people, we knew I guess this would come and it will grow if the coin grows. The distribution was nothing like NXT. 128 BTC was collected! On a highly risky coin that most of us thought in the end really was a scam. The premium we as stakeholders get is taking that risk. People can buy on the exchanges at cheap prices. It's as fair and as simple as POS could be. People just didn't invest, that's their problem, this thread had several thousand views. People must of seen it...Pus the IPO was extended.

The best policy with these accusations is probably

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore...
JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:01:31 AM

Try not to get suckered into the scam debate people, we knew I guess this would come and it will grow if the coin grows. The distribution was nothing like NXT. 128 BTC was collected! On a highly risky coin that most of us thought in the end really was a scam. The premium we as stakeholders get is taking that risk. People can buy on the exchanges at cheap prices. It's as fair and as simple as POS could be. People just didn't invest, that's their problem, this thread had several thousand views. People must of seen it...Pus the IPO was extended.

The best policy with these accusations is probably

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore...

I agree and I too thought qora "scam" a few weeks after IPO, just when the EDG ripoff happened (fortunately escrowed that one). The vibe now is one of high optimism. This is great except qora has not succeeded yet. There is a long way to go and a lot of work to be done. Qora will never match or overtake NXT unless as much or more effort goes into its dev, marketing etc. The community must grow, mature and accept to take on that effort to be successful. If the proposed features are an improvement to NXT, as claimed, and technically make qora a better coin, and the dev(s) know how to implement those features, then hell yes, hype deserved. I really hope we have a mature and thoughtful community without too much bickering...and for those in qora that did grow with NXT, I really hope you will contribute lessons learned, albeit a different beast altogether.

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: