Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:26:17 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 02:39:01 AM by JKBtCn

Clearly there is a battle for dominance in this market. The underlying system does have an influence on what people perceive is the best system even if its told to them by experts. People don't really understand how Bitcoin works but after 5 mins they can see people can see their transactions so they arent anonomous and they must wait a few minutes before they can send safely Bitcoin. NXT transfers in an instant, as does Ripple, innovation is coming as new protocols are coded.

But if you think the battle for dominant system that the masses might be using in 10 years time is as its already decided? I would love to know what you think it is?

Why not go out into the street and ask the first person you see and ask them if they are using Bitcoin or NXT for their digital transactions. Like I said its an open field, we don't know what protocol or network the average person will be using years from now...if any.

Exactly, that is why I ask why I should support his particular one here? It adds nothing new to the protocol and network part of cryptocurrencies. At least, nobody could tell me one thing until now. So, I would like to see my resources invested in hardening and refining existing protocols and networks until somebody has a unique idea that is unable to be implemented in Nxt or Bitcoin.

That was all of my personal investment. You asked about my opinion whether that battle you described is settled:

I cannot forecast the future. However, I conceive real PoS (in the sense of Nxt, not in the sense of PPC or NVC) is the biggest leap forward for the cryptocurrency community. Everything new has to offer even more benefits and that is going to be real challenge in my opinion. With real PoS, we removed one big if not the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin: wasting energy unnecessarily.

What is next? StorageCoin could be such thing as it offers real benefits (still on the infrastructure level), but they deliberately rely on Nxt for the consensus mechanism.

What about those neat features in Nxt (Asset Exchange, Voting System, Monetary System, Lending/Borrowing, to name a few)? That is because of the Nxt community. It has nothing to do with the technology as such. Compared to Bitcoin, the Nxt community is more flexible and more open. Nobody can tell whether the Nxt community will be as conservative as Bitcoin's is today. Right now, Nxt is the place where innovation is happening ON TOP of it. We simply do not need yet another blockchain to implement our ideas because Nxt allows it out of the box.

Your point is a good one...why reinvent the wheel when secure platforms exist (except to make money...which is ok...but does not always happen). One development example on an existing platform is NeXT Horizon (NHZ). NHZ is a very cool up-and-coming coin to watch...POS with distribution similar to "mining" having automated payouts on their server bounty system (SBS) for securing the network...yes incentive for securing the p2p network on POS coin...great idea. It is currently a level entry playing field for all...the ledger is public and all coins accounted for.

NHZ is still in early development but because the devs use the NXT platform, they spend time and energy to improve on NXT and to create new tools that are in demand rather than starting from scratch...which can take years to establish. The NHZ community is still small...resources coming along and devs are quite good: clearly a few were involved in the development of NXT and know its flaws and vulnerabilities.

The devs created a very cool NHZ give-away (digital easter egg hunt) on the blockchain where you receive free coins by finding hidden eggs that are on pages of the blockchain - very cool and innovative. Check it out:

http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=easterEgg

Happy Easter.

(I've invested 1 BTC in Qora IPO - re-thinking after this discussion - thanks to Anon)

EDIT: I'm not bashing Qora - it could work out. But the discussion is one to consider

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky420

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:57:49 AM

Clearly there is a battle for dominance in this market. The underlying system does have an influence on what people perceive is the best system even if its told to them by experts. People don't really understand how Bitcoin works but after 5 mins they can see people can see their transactions so they arent anonomous and they must wait a few minutes before they can send safely Bitcoin. NXT transfers in an instant, as does Ripple, innovation is coming as new protocols are coded.

But if you think the battle for dominant system that the masses might be using in 10 years time is as its already decided? I would love to know what you think it is?

Why not go out into the street and ask the first person you see and ask them if they are using Bitcoin or NXT for their digital transactions. Like I said its an open field, we don't know what protocol or network the average person will be using years from now...if any.

Exactly, that is why I ask why I should support his particular one here? It adds nothing new to the protocol and network part of cryptocurrencies. At least, nobody could tell me one thing until now. So, I would like to see my resources invested in hardening and refining existing protocols and networks until somebody has a unique idea that is unable to be implemented in Nxt or Bitcoin.

That was all of my personal investment. You asked about my opinion whether that battle you described is settled:

I cannot forecast the future. However, I conceive real PoS (in the sense of Nxt, not in the sense of PPC or NVC) is the biggest leap forward for the cryptocurrency community. Everything new has to offer even more benefits and that is going to be real challenge in my opinion. With real PoS, we removed one big if not the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin: wasting energy unnecessarily.

What is next? StorageCoin could be such thing as it offers real benefits (still on the infrastructure level), but they deliberately rely on Nxt for the consensus mechanism.

What about those neat features in Nxt (Asset Exchange, Voting System, Monetary System, Lending/Borrowing, to name a few)? That is because of the Nxt community. It has nothing to do with the technology as such. Compared to Bitcoin, the Nxt community is more flexible and more open. Nobody can tell whether the Nxt community will be as conservative as Bitcoin's is today. Right now, Nxt is the place where innovation is happening ON TOP of it. We simply do not need yet another blockchain to implement our ideas because Nxt allows it out of the box.

Your point is a good one...why reinvent the wheel when secure platforms exist (except to make money...which is ok...but does not always happen). One development example on an existing platform is NeXT Horizon (NHZ). NHZ is a very cool up-and-coming coin to watch...POS with distribution similar to "mining" having automated payouts on their server bounty system (SBS) for securing the network...yes incentive for securing the p2p network on POS coin...great idea. It is currently a level entry playing field for all...the ledger is public and all coins accounted for.

NHZ is still in early development but because the devs use the NXT platform, they spend time and energy to improve on NXT and to create new tools that are in demand rather than starting from scratch...which can take years to establish. The NHZ community is still small...resources coming along and devs are quite good: clearly a few were involved in the development of NXT and know its flaws and vulnerabilities.

The devs created a very cool NHZ give-away (digital easter egg hunt) on the blockchain where you receive free coins by finding hidden eggs that are on pages of the blockchain - very cool and innovative. Check it out:

Happy Easter.

(I've invested 1 BTC in Qora IPO - re-thinking after this discussion - thanks to Anon)

EDIT: I'm not bashing Qora - it could work out. But the discussion is one to consider

WTF, 666 coins for 24 hours working node? I'd do it for 666 Nxt per day. Probably. Or if NHZ has a 100'000 coins supply. Looks like scam to me. They didn't publish ANY info. How many coins exists, how will be distributed, nothing.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:54:40 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 05:25:33 AM by dzarmush

A couple of options.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:08:25 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 05:25:58 AM by dzarmush

Small icons.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:28:47 AM

Ok I will contact you. In this topic and with PM.

I understand why one would want to notify qora confirming ownership of a specific tx just to be safe...  but when Anon136 releases the BTC it will be a different tx anyway...  thus we need to make sure that Anon136 will inform qora which bitcointalk username is associated with each release.

Am I missing something?    Undecided

@Anon136

Please comment...  it needs to be clear how you are planning to inform qora in regard to ownership (e.g. bitcointalk username) of each release.  For example...  we could sign a message (you can provide the template) with our bitcointalk username/Qora address...  which you will then pass on to qora.

Edit:  That's IF we actually get to that phase and you don't get stuck processing a bunch of refunds like for Edgecoin...   ROFLMAO!    Grin

i dont have that information. i do all of my accounting on the blokchain. he can just release an announcement on this threat saying that he needs everyone who invested to do X and every single one of the people who invested can prove that they have done so by signing a message. i insured that everyone be able to sign a message for just contingencies just such as this one.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

A couple of options.

I would take any one of those logos for the coin. Did you use a website or did you make them from scratch? 
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:52:37 AM

I would take any one of those logos for the coin. Did you use a website or did you make them from scratch? 

Made from scratch. Swear on cryptobible.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

Happy Easter.

666nhz one day. It is too small.
eli_lyd1

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:04:22 AM

A couple of options.

I like the first one.
flankliu

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:09:16 AM

A couple of options.

I love these icons,may be use letter "R"  or "A" or "a" to instead of the circle point of the icon "Q" might be better,you can try it.thanks for your great job.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:17:09 AM

I love these icons,may be use letter "R"  or "A" or "a" to instead of the circle point of the icon "Q" might be better,you can try it.thanks for your great job.

Thanks!

Wouldn't it be Qor or Qoa if I put "R" or "A" instead of circle?

notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:32:17 AM

Have a look at StorageCoin, please. I would call that innovative. But Qora? Where is the innovation?

Can you link the StoageCoin thread? As the one I found (and posted on) screams of 'scam'. Most notably, escrow is flatly refused.
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:36:32 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 06:51:02 AM by agran

I like the third one. But the third is more casual.

p.s. But all options are good.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:36:40 AM

Have a look at StorageCoin, please. I would call that innovative. But Qora? Where is the innovation?

Can you link the StoageCoin thread? As the one I found (and posted on) screams of 'scam'. Most notably, escrow is flatly refused.

Also I spoke with one of Nxt devs and he said he can't see how his algo may work.

akhflk

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:04:01 AM

I like last one
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:11:54 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 11:54:50 AM by 50cent_rapper

dzarmush,
I've send you some Qora for test
I like 1-st and 4-th logo

Qora,
when I send coins to the same address (mine), from where they will go out (mine sender address == mine recipient address) they disappear. So I can't make loop transaction.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:16:58 AM

I personally would like to see something a bit different for the Logo. Do we have to have a circle? Why not a square or something else?

I think we don't need all the word Qora in the logo, just the Q maybe or no letter at all.

In some ways you got to decide what is the overarching idea of Qora before you produce a logo or image. Twitter has a bird, napster has a head with headphones etc. Cause Qora doesnt really have meaning, maybe even changing the name is an option?
eli_lyd1

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:21:46 AM

I personally would like to see something a bit different for the Logo. Do we have to have a circle? Why not a square or something else?

I think we don't need all the word Qora in the logo, just the Q maybe or no letter at all.

In some ways you got to decide what is the overarching idea of Qora before you produce a logo or image. Twitter has a bird, napster has a head with headphones etc. Cause Qora doesnt really have meaning, maybe even changing the name is an option?
I think we should change the name of this coin.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:39:20 AM

I think we should change the name of this coin.

I loved the name right from the start. I think it's awesome and the name was one of the reasons I didn't believe Qora ran away with investments. Scamcoins always have shitty names.

But if you have any ideas, please share with everyone.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:40:11 AM

maybe even changing the name is an option?

Any thoughts?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: