Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

Here is the document of all the IPO transactions and the distribution.
I haven't checked every transaction yet but there shouldn't be any mistakes in this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_SE9VBAcmuTjmHU-OJVoc7rns-iDVlsMvhnfS2QgJE/edit?usp=sharing

So , what is the name used for ?
I have not a clearly known of the function of the name. Can anyone explain more clearly?

A name is just a key-value pair.
The text value can be used for many things URLs, addresses, email addresses.
The community should decide how they want to use it.
OK, I see.
BTW, is there any foundation about qora ?

foundation?
I mean a foundation to promote qora, such as build website , forum, free give away, third party service....

Having a foundation in a decentralized economy , that is generally bad.
Just look in the past what happen with btc and what is happening now with other coins and their "foundation"
are you high?  Smiley

Do you have a clue how much damage the bitcoin foundation has done to btc lately?
Lots of papers compared it to a failed government made out of drug dealers and gamblers.

Whenever there is a central point in a crypto , there is a weakness.

But of course , with your post stats , I doubt you know anything about those events.

There are some crossed lines probably due to language here and just attacking people isn't the general way to communicate.

I don't think anyone here is talking about some kind of centralized group or 'foundation' we are just talking about organizing the community just like most coins do, ie website, PR etc...

I do personally think we should wait to hear the direction the Developer wants the community to move in though and how much he wants the community to take on....but that's a separate issue.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

I haven't checked every transaction yet but there shouldn't be any mistakes in this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_SE9VBAcmuTjmHU-OJVoc7rns-iDVlsMvhnfS2QgJE/edit?usp=sharing

I have not a clearly known of the function of the name. Can anyone explain more clearly?

OK, I see.

foundation?
I mean a foundation to promote qora, such as build website , forum, free give away, third party service....

Just look in the past what happen with btc and what is happening now with other coins and their "foundation"
are you high?  Smiley

Do you have a clue how much damage the bitcoin foundation has done to btc lately?
Lots of papers compared it to a failed government made out of drug dealers and gamblers.

But of course , with your post stats , I doubt you know anything about those events.
So we need a strong community just like the nxt community.
Now the community is just a rudiment.

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

I believe that the ability to send the coins by name would be very helpful. This will give other people your nice and a short address to which they can send coins. However, you should consider protection from naming coinciding with qora-address.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:32:29 PM

OK, I see.

foundation?

are you high?  Smiley

There are some crossed lines probably due to language here and just attacking people isn't the general way to communicate.

I don't think anyone here is talking about some kind of centralized group or 'foundation' we are just talking about organizing the community just like most coins do, ie website, PR etc...

I do personally think we should wait to hear the direction the Developer wants the community to move in though and how much he wants the community to take on....but that's a separate issue.  

Yeah, there's probably a misunderstanding. But still what the hell is "decentrilized" community? Is that a bunch of people who have no idea what to do, going to different directions in a dark? Some sort of centalization is necessary. Otherwise we'll end up not very well.

qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:10:36 PM

"Additionally there will be a fee of 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater."

The fees have been corrected.

I believe that the ability to send the coins by name would be very helpful. This will give other people your nice and a short address to which they can send coins. However, you should consider protection from naming coinciding with qora-address.

I will not be able to include this before the release.
Implementing it should not take long so it could be available in the first update.

Yeah, there's probably a misunderstanding. But still what the hell is "decentrilized" community? Is that a bunch of people who have no idea what to do, going to different directions in a dark? Some sort of centalization is necessary. Otherwise we'll end up not very well.

I feel centralized development is necessary to make sure the client keeps evolving in a steady pace.
I will not create any foundation or do any marketing in the early stages.
I do think there should be a non-profit organization which goal is purely to develop Qora including mobile wallets and light clients.
Having all these applications under one organization would be a huge advantage in attracting outsiders new to cryptocurrency.
There is still lots to do until we get to that stage.
For me the best marketing at this point is being able to provide new features at a steady pace.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:25:59 PM

Implementing it should not take long so it could be available in the first update.

I feel centralized development is necessary to make sure the client keeps evolving in a steady pace.
I do think there should be a non-profit organization which goal is purely to develop Qora including mobile wallets and light clients.
Having all these applications under one organization would be a huge advantage in attracting outsiders new to cryptocurrency.
For me the best marketing at this point is being able to provide new features at a steady pace.

Agree + 10 billion!

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:31:21 PM

Three sockpuppets with identical posts.

Well F it, completely missed this.

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:23:04 AM

YES, your idea is similar to me , I just don't know how to find a word to express, so I use the 'foundation'.
Non-profit organization is better, a strong community is better.

signingoff

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:16:17 PM

Great news.
Qora has been cataloged by bter.com

https://bter.com/article/719
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 12:49:16 PM by nextgencoin

Great news.

What does cataloged mean?

Not to be negative but if being on an exchange with every other crap coin is good news I hate to hear the bad news.

I personally would prefer to be on something more dedicated to 2nd gen coins like Dgex.

In fact i think I might PM DGEX to ask him if its possible.
lhuibin

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:16:45 PM

Bter.com  is very pop exchange in China
It's a good news for Qora.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Bter.com  is very pop exchange in China

But with coins like Coin2 on it I don't feel all warm and fuzzy just yet.

Good that Chinese can easily buy, bad that it could be lost in the crowd.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:17:41 PM

It will be great if it could be listed at Bter soon.
Compared with DGEX, bter is much better.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:25:04 PM

Fair enough I guess I like the idea of Dgex due to their focus so far at least on NXT and 2nd Gen coins and so getting on there gives some visibility and does the work of PR in someways by making clear this 'coin' is different. I personally would like in an ideal world to see it on Bter for the massive Chinese market and Dgex to single the coin out as clearly not one of the crowd. Other exchanges I couldn't care less about, even Cryptsy. Just an opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

Fair enough I guess I like the idea of Dgex due to their focus so far at least on NXT and 2nd Gen coins and so getting on there gives some visibility and does the work of PR in someways by making clear this 'coin' is different. I personally would like in an ideal world to see it on Bter for the massive Chinese market and Dgex to single the coin out as clearly not one of the crowd. Other exchanges I couldn't care less about, even Cryptsy. Just an opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.

I am just fed up with the very slow deposit and withdrawal in DGEX.
It is handled manually which I don't understand.
signingoff

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

Great news.

What does cataloged mean?

Not to be negative but if being on an exchange with every other crap coin is good news I hate to hear the bad news.

I personally would prefer to be on something more dedicated to 2nd gen coins like Dgex.

In fact i think I might PM DGEX to ask him if its possible.

It does't mean Qora will be exchanged on bter.com, only means Qora is listed on it. Grin
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:37:59 PM

Great news.

Awesome!

I guess nobody even e-mailed them and introduced to Qora. They've just been following this thread and now waiting for the launch.

qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:58:38 PM

To confirm things the launch will be at 3pm GMT this friday.
At this point it is just testing, testing and testing to make sure everything is solid.

Great news.

Can anyone actually understand what it says?
If google translate is working correct they are just following it at this point because they think it might have potential.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

To confirm things the launch will be at 3pm GMT this friday.
At this point it is just testing, testing and testing to make sure everything is solid.

Finger crossed.  Smiley
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:39:29 PM

Great news.

Can anyone actually understand what it says?
If google translate is working correct they are just following it at this point because they think it might have potential.

Yes, it's just an announcement of upcoming 2nd gen currency, its characteristics and stuff like that. But since nobody even tried to have their attention yet, it's a very good sign.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: