Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:41:02 PM

I think my node is working, will need to do some more testing.

About the instructional video i have to find time tonight to edit it.

I could ask some Chinese friends to translate stuff if need be.

It's not only about translation. Someone should answer questions, keep OP updated.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:42:34 PM

Who is taking care of the Twitter account dhzarmush? Do you have the password?

Yep, I squatted the name, tryed to give it to a twitter person, coz I'm not one, didn't find anybody and ended up taking care of it Smiley
I'll be glad if someone can keep it updated, it doesn't look great if someone post 1 tweet every other day. It also needs some promotion.

I would like to do the twitter and I will try that people like max keiser and other people on twitter with much followers will promote Qora on twitter
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:44:10 PM

Can someone hep me with my wallet?

1. Don't close Java window, only wallet. Otherwise data might be corruted and you'll have to download blocks again.
2. Just run fresh client and wait until it synced. You can watch the process in File/Debug/Blocks
Thanks for the help.
1. When you say "don't close Java window only wallet", are you referring to the command prompt window or the Java wallet?
2. Ok, will wait until it's fully synched before closing the client.

cmd.exe - do not touch it ever )
Now I'm confused. If I try to close the GUI window it fails. If I close the CMD window it closes and opens fine.

That's odd. Did you try again to close and open the client after it synced? It failed again?
Bummer, I think I lost my coins. Luckily it was only a test transaction of 10 coins.
Here's what I did.
- Deleted everything and started fresh, opened the app and generated a new wallet
- Waited until it was fully synced
- Closed the app by closing the CMD window, (because that''s what I thought you meant by "don't close Java window")
- Re-opened the app and it opened fine
- Repeated open/close several times to be sure it would not get corrupted.
- Generated a new address and transferred funds from ShareXcoin to my new address.
- Saw your post about never touching the CMD window, so I tried closing the GUI wallet and the app crashed.
- Tried to re-open the app and it failed.
- Backed up the wallet directory, deleted everything and copied in new files from the .zip, then added in the backed up wallet directory.
- Started the app, syncs fine, but now my wallet does not contain the address I created where I transferred the funds from ShareXcoin

Are there instructions on how to properly use the wallet? It seems insane that you can lose coins by closing a wrong window.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:44:51 PM

Yep, I squatted the name, tryed to give it to a twitter person, coz I'm not one, didn't find anybody and ended up taking care of it Smiley
I'll be glad if someone can keep it updated, it doesn't look great if someone post 1 tweet every other day. It also needs some promotion.

I would like to do the twitter and I will try that people like max keiser and other people on twitter with much followers will promote Qora on twitter

You're fellow NXTer, right? I think I remember you by that huge Nxt thread.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:47:07 PM

Yes also NXTer, from the pretty beginning, but 1 month to late for IPO Sad
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:48:21 PM

1. Don't close Java window, only wallet. Otherwise data might be corruted and you'll have to download blocks again.
2. Just run fresh client and wait until it synced. You can watch the process in File/Debug/Blocks
Thanks for the help.
1. When you say "don't close Java window only wallet", are you referring to the command prompt window or the Java wallet?

Now I'm confused. If I try to close the GUI window it fails. If I close the CMD window it closes and opens fine.

That's odd. Did you try again to close and open the client after it synced? It failed again?
Bummer, I think I lost my coins. Luckily it was only a test transaction of 10 coins.
Here's what I did.
- Deleted everything and started fresh, opened the app and generated a new wallet
- Closed the app by closing the CMD window, (because that''s what I thought you meant by "don't close Java window")
- Generated a new address and transferred funds from ShareXcoin to my new address.
- Saw your post about never touching the CMD window, so I tried closing the GUI wallet and the app crashed.
- Backed up the wallet directory, deleted everything and copied in new files from the .zip, then added in the backed up wallet directory.
- Started the app, syncs fine, but now my wallet does not contain the address I created where I transferred the funds from ShareXcoin

Are there instructions on how to properly use the wallet? It seems insane that you can lose coins by closing a wrong window.

Try to recover the wallet from seed and enter number of addresses you want to recover. It should be 11 if I get it right - you had 10 and created one more.

It's really strange that the wallet doesn't contain that address.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

Maybe TwinWinNerd also can take care of Twitter if he likes, he seems more experienced with Twitter, If he doesnt want to Im prepared to take twitter promotion on me..

Or just do it together?? that you Dzarmush have the pass, TwinWin, maybe few others and then we can just tweet whenever we feel like something has to be tweeted..
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:50:57 PM

Yes also NXTer, from the pretty beginning, but 1 month to late for IPO Sad

I'll PM you a password within a couple of minutes.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

Maybe TwinWinNerd also can take care of Twitter if he likes, he seems more experienced with Twitter, If he doesnt want to Im prepared to take twitter promotion on me..

Or just do it together?? that you Dzarmush have the pass, TwinWin, maybe few others and then we can just tweet whenever we feel like something has to be tweeted..

I have made 26 tweets in my whole life Wink All on those new account. So, not really experienced !

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

I have made 26 tweets in my whole life Wink All on those new account. So, not really experienced !

More then I did hehe, I just did 1 tweet in my life. Would you like to do it together with me and dzarmush?
poochpocket

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:53:10 PM

Thanks for the help.

Here's what I did.

Try to recover the wallet from seed and enter number of addresses you want to recover. It should be 11 if I get it right - you had 10 and created one more.

That worked. Thank you!
I'll be sure to always close via the GUI window. Not sure why it's crashing on me though. I'll try it again once it's synced.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

More then I did hehe, I just did 1 tweet in my life. Would you like to do it together with me and dzarmush?

I thought you'll change the password as soon as you get it so I just sent it in PM. Could you delete my PM after you get the password? Just in case.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:03:41 PM

I thought you'll change the password as soon as you get it so I just sent it in PM. Could you delete my PM after you get the password? Just in case.

Why do you want me to change the password?
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

my first tweet with the Qora account:

Qora @qoracoin  ·  now
Qora is looking for a Chinese speaking member, who can promote Qora in China. For more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.new#new …, contact Dzarmush.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times Delete
More Grin

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:09:52 PM

Any volunteers to create, promote and keep a Qora FB page up to date??
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:09:57 PM

Idn, I thought you'll take over twitter account and will be sole author, so I figured you'll change e-mail and password. But since you'll the co-author and the password won't be changed it's better to delete it from my outbox and your inbox.

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:13:43 PM

Idn, I thought you'll take over twitter account and will be sole author, so I figured you'll change e-mail and password. But since you'll the co-author and the password won't be changed it's better to delete it from my outbox and your inbox.

Yeah I just do the twitter for now and see how it goes, are you ok with doing this toghether? I keep the pass and email the same. Would be nice to have a more catchy lay out for twitter..
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:17:23 PM

Yeah I just do the twitter for now and see how it goes, are you ok with doing this toghether? I keep the pass and email the same. Would be nice to have a more catchy lay out for twitter..

Sure, why not.

Could you show a couple examples of "more catchy lay out"?

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:23:47 PM

What you think about this lay out Dzarmush?: http://wallpapersus.com/wallpapers/2013/08/Horse-Sunset-Freedom-900x1440.jpg

Would be nice to have the Logo on Twitter with the Purple QORA logo... Can you do that?
poochpocket

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:27:39 PM

That worked. Thank you!
I'll be sure to always close via the GUI window. Not sure why it's crashing on me though. I'll try it again once it's synced.
It's still crashing when I try to close the app via the GUI window. The CMD window will show this error and the GUI wallet will disconnect. Repeatedly clicking the close button on the GUI wallet repeats the error in the CMD window. The only thing I can do at this point is close the CMD window, then when I try to restart the app it fails. The only way to recover is to delete everything and start fresh by restoring from the seed.

I don't want to confuse the issue, but on top of this, the coins I transferred from ShareXcoin never arrived in my wallet despite being debited from my ShareXcoin account. When I look up the address in the block explorer it's empty. ...I assume this is a problem with ShareXcoin and not the wallet but none of this is very assuring.

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: