Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:19:08 AM

Gulp! Looks like we may have to reconsider, Rassah, given the following (of which the post was never edited):

Hello Bitcoiners!

I know there is a specific Forum for the bitcoin100 topic, but I am very new and to be honest I just didn´t understand how I could post in that forum. This is why I am posting right here, and I really hope that someone is going to help me Wink

Well hot damn. I feel pretty stupid about this one, too, since I vaguely remember reading that post. I say we chuck this one up to a language barrier (entirely our fault, because our German SUCKS!) and the donation is on it's way: https://blockchain.info/tx/d0567d0c67c0c0fe6bcd105d654d0f6e4e956413e5da3656ca4473321b2fe909

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:30:29 AM

One last bit of midnight oil burning before I pack to leave for Miami

Hey Dmitry,

I just found your website was was very excited to see your awesome offer to NPOs. I’m the Technical Director of a nonprofit called Nar-Anon (www.nar-anon.org) and since I personally am a huge advocate of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, I added the ability to donate to the organization using Bitcoin on our webstore.

I’m the only person in the organization that even knows what Bitcoin is. The Organization Director kind of smiled and nodded when I asked about implementing it, but I want to show her that it’s a great thing for us to accept it early on.

Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon!

The above is actually a summary of two e-mails (first and second paragraph were separate), and after the first e-mail I mentioned that Bitcoin100 doesn't really reward bitcoiners for being fans of bitcoin, but after the second, I'm not entirely sure how to go on this one, since he's not the owner of the charity. Comments/feedback?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:16:02 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 07:30:57 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

One last bit of midnight oil burning before I pack to leave for Miami

Hey Dmitry,

I just found your website was was very excited to see your awesome offer to NPOs. I’m the Technical Director of a nonprofit called Nar-Anon (www.nar-anon.org) and since I personally am a huge advocate of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, I added the ability to donate to the organization using Bitcoin on our webstore.

I’m the only person in the organization that even knows what Bitcoin is. The Organization Director kind of smiled and nodded when I asked about implementing it, but I want to show her that it’s a great thing for us to accept it early on.

Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon!

The above is actually a summary of two e-mails (first and second paragraph were separate), and after the first e-mail I mentioned that Bitcoin100 doesn't really reward bitcoiners for being fans of bitcoin, but after the second, I'm not entirely sure how to go on this one, since he's not the owner of the charity. Comments/feedback?

At the moment, they accept bitcoin donations the same way Richard Sherman accepts bitcoin payments--via Shopify: http://nar-anon-webstore.myshopify.com/cart

Via Google search:

First Post | Nar-Anon WebStore - Shopify
nar-anon-webstore.myshopify.com/blogs/news/7681071-first-post‎
Apr 11, 2013 - This is your store's blog. You can use it to talk about new product launches, experiences, tips or other news you want your customers to read ...

Ergo, all Felipe did was add the following image on their donate page, coupled with a little text pertaining to Bitcoin, whereupon the http://nar-anon-webstore.myshopify.com/cart page is generated.

Shopify starting accepting bitcoin payments on Nov. 27, 2013, as seen below via Google.

Shopify Merchants Can Now Accept Bitcoin — Ecommerce Blog by ...

www.shopify.com › Ecommerce Blog › Shopify Updates‎
by Mark Macdonald - in 38 Google+ circles
Nov 27, 2013 - We're pleased to announce that starting today, all of our 75000+ merchants can start accepting Bitcoin.Our new Bitcoin integration is available ...

Here's our quagmire: If we endow Nar-anon, we'll have to endow ALL other NPOs that ask and use the Shopify eCommerce solution for donation and product payments.

Unfortunately, this is shame, for I like Nar-anon. But, there could be a solution.

Since Felipe is the CTO, I'm sure he'll have no problem convincing the director, Cathy K., to embed a standalone Bitcoin donation option button, of which redirects to our friends at BitPay, where there'll be no fees associated with the conversion to fiat deposited into Nar-anon's bank account unlike, I assume, being the case with Shopify. The same relative information would have to be given to BitPay as was given to Shopify when they set up their account there.

Rassah, would you be so kind as to reply to Felipe, linking this post so that we can see what we can do together to endow their noble cause?

One more thing: I've never adamantly expressed which payment provider an NPO should use, if any, but in this case, given the circumstances, I'm somewhat pushing the issue this time. I'm sure that Felipe would not have any concerns in this regard, but if he does, Bitcoin 100 looks forward to addressing them.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 02:47:23 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 03:20:51 AM by Rassah

He, I'm back from Miami! Was quite busy there, and am still somewhat exhausted from my "vacation." One of the two most interesting things I've found out at the convention is that there are TWO David Baileys out there, one from Alabama, USA, and the other from England; both are bitcoiners. Anyway, back to work.

First, some thanks:

We're running a BeWelcome.org fundraiser of 3000 euro and your donation has been a great head start!

As the vice treasurer of the organization: Thank you very much!
Kasper Souren

Then some more requests

Greetings

My name is Seth, I've found a ytube video from Freedomain Radio naming Bitcoin100.org
I am the webmaster of a soon-to-be registered charity organization: www.brotherlyhands.com
Stan is the president, can be reached at: info@brotherlyhands.com
and I already mentioned Bitcoin100 prior to this email.
What are the specific requirements to qualify for this contribution?
I am setting up a non-profit myself, that will become an artistic/cultural hub.
Looking forward to your reply

Seth

I'll reply with the usual spiel. I guess for now check whether they qualify.

I also got the following:
My name is Renee and I run a non-profit in in Vancouver, Canada called PeaceGeeks. We have actually been accepting BitCoin donations for about a year, but we were wondering if we might still qualify for your contributions. I believe your goal is to spread awareness and the legitimacy of BitCoin as a means of contributing, so in this sense, adding another organization to your list would advance your cause while being a big help to us. Kindly advise when you have a moment! All the best for now!

They are not qualified, since they have been receiving bitcoin for a while, but they were wondering if we could add their site to our list. They asked if they could at least get listed on our site as a list of charities that accept bitcoin, since apparently our list is used as a source of places to donate to. I think we can accommodate them. Edd, can you add peacegeeks.org as a charity, with a note reading "disqualified: already accepting" to our site? When I have time, I'll have to go through the list and fix up the status messages a bit, since many of the charities on our list don't accept btc, and apparently don't plan to.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 03:54:41 PM

I also got the following:
My name is Renee and I run a non-profit in in Vancouver, Canada called PeaceGeeks. We have actually been accepting BitCoin donations for about a year, but we were wondering if we might still qualify for your contributions. I believe your goal is to spread awareness and the legitimacy of BitCoin as a means of contributing, so in this sense, adding another organization to your list would advance your cause while being a big help to us. Kindly advise when you have a moment! All the best for now!

They are not qualified, since they have been receiving bitcoin for a while, but they were wondering if we could add their site to our list. They asked if they could at least get listed on our site as a list of charities that accept bitcoin, since apparently our list is used as a source of places to donate to. I think we can accommodate them. Edd, can you add peacegeeks.org as a charity, with a note reading "disqualified: already accepting" to our site? When I have time, I'll have to go through the list and fix up the status messages a bit, since many of the charities on our list don't accept btc, and apparently don't plan to.

Will do, Rasah.

I've been thinking about starting a blog/CMS site listing all bitcoin accepting charities that I know of, whether or not they meet Bitcoin100 prerequisites for a donation from us, so that like-minded bitcoin donators can find them.

Still around.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 02:04:12 AM

Will do, Rasah.

I've been thinking about starting a blog/CMS site listing all bitcoin accepting charities that I know of, whether or not they meet Bitcoin100 prerequisites for a donation from us, so that like-minded bitcoin donators can find them.

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about that, too, but Bitcoin100 already has the name recognition and marketing (I've heard a few people say they use it for a list of Bitcoin charities), so I think it ma be better to keep us as such a resource, and just rework how we list things. Maybe a separate page for charities we have contacted or are considering, and a main page that lists all charities that accept Bitcoin, with the ones we sponsored having some big emblem, like "Bitcoin100 Approved and Funded" on a big brown-orange badge instead of the 100% text, with a link to the TX when you click on it.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:26:11 AM

And yet another request:

The ToonSeum, a nonprofit museum of comic and cartoon art is now accepting donations via bitcoin and would like to learn more about your program.
Thanks,
Joe

When asked when they added bitcoin donations to their site, and how they have heard about it, they followed up with

Three days ago lol! I heard about it from my 12 year old son. After a visit to CES i became convinced that we should do it. Though i still have some reservations. Still trying to grasp it all but I'm a geek so love tech!.

Joe

FYI, I know this charity very well, since they are just a few blocks away from Anthrocon, the biggest furry convention in the world, and are very often frequented and heavily supported by furries during the convention. So vetting isn't really an issue, as I can completely vouch for them (having visited them myself), but they should still be reviewed as a matter of consistency (and we need to make a decision on whether they qualify despite already deciding to accept it themselves).
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 07:33:52 AM

I'll play catch-up tomorrow.

How did the freebie aspect workout at the info desk, Rassah?

~TMIBTCITW
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:51:34 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 05:18:27 AM by Rassah

Both www.dolfilms.org and www.orphanbracelet.org would work, but only one endowment per person. I would love to see both sites accept bitcoins, whether for donations or purchases, and sincerely hope they embed a Bitcoin donation option on one of the sites so that they can receive a $1K USD via bitcoins endowment from Bitcoin 100.

~Bruno Kucinskas

It took them quite some time, but they finally got it set up http://www.dolfilms.org/

Donation sent! https://blockchain.info/tx/d33d324019699d0b27b982fadd2b33da034b00f8fd4c52f470895d2c1cc07858

and their reply

Hello Rassah,

Thank you so much for the donation.
And yes it was worth it [I said I hope all the work was worth the reward], not for the money, but to get the button on my page...

Check this link out BITCOIN CONTEST LINK... http://bitcoinbaba.com/ubuntu-bracelet-campaign/

Thank you!!!!!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:53:40 AM

I'll play catch-up tomorrow.

How did the freebie aspect workout at the info desk, Rassah?

~TMIBTCITW

I gave away my entire stack of paper wallets, each one with a gift, of course Smiley Also gave away so much advice, my throat was hoarse for the next two days from talking. Speaking of which, I need to poke that horse charity I've been meaning to convince since last summer...
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:43:25 AM

affordable housing NPO interested in seeking bitcoin donations

Hello Dmitry,
I'm a treasurer for La Reunion, an non-profit Affordable Housing Cooperative in Austin, Texas that opened in April of this year. To remain affordable we bought an old building which has required much more maintenance that expected due to health and safety issues such as bedbugs and high levels of carbon monoxide.
One of our goals is to establish more computer literacy in the community by setting up a computer lab and a mesh network and try to provide internet to the surrounding apartments. This goal has been put on the back burner due to high maintenance  costs. Because the founders are educated and use technology for organization we realize how far behind some of our lower income members are and the the pressing need to bring them "on-line" both to the global internet and to our local organizing structures, like our wiki, maintenance trello, food pantry app, etc.
We've set up fundraisers for both maintenance  and tech  and I'm sure by accepting bitcoin we would get more donations. With a $1000 dollars worth of bitcoin we could buy the routers and computers to get started at building a community provide internet and housing.
If you would like more information check out our wiki or email/ call me.

I like this org, but can't seem to find their donation page. They are fairly new and use a wiki as their website, but they are linked to 501(c)3 org. I'm curious as to where they would prominently display the Bitcoin donation option on their website. They do have a descent Facebook page.

Donation option added to their page http://lareunioncoop.org/home and $1,000 donation sent.
https://blockchain.info/tx/bd890b6e23c4487b310acb2bee506b2f7c30b3290761d3cb49f4498a2b0aeda7

Let's hope hat incentivises their community to use bitcoin too.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:54:35 AM

Wrote this in response to a media inquiry, and posting this here so I can save it for later (and to let others use it), because damnit, if I don't get paid for this kinda stuff, at least others should get some use from my work  Angry

(The following is free to use and reuse as anyone sees fit)

For charities:
  • As you said, transparent transactions add a whole new level of accountability to charities. For example, Bitcoin100 uses a single address for all its accounting (https://blockchain.info/address/1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac), so everyone can always see how much we have, and all the money coming in and going out. The only time anything should be going out is when it's going to a charity, so any questionable transfers would get us instantly busted.
  • Charities get to keep more of the money they were given (BitPay, Coinbase, and BIPS charge 0% processing fees for nonprofits)
    Adding bitcoin instantly opens a charity to accepting donations from around the world, which is especially great if you are a charity in, for instance, Cebu, Philippines, where the local pool of donors may be small, but global support for what you do may be enormous.
  • Thieves sometimes use leftover funds from stolen credit cards and PayPal accounts to donate to charities. When the theft is discovered, the charities get hit with chagebacks, which involves a fee ranging from $20 to $100, and having their likely-already-spent money pulled right back out of their bank accounts (which may result in overdraft fees as well). Bitcoin doesn't have chargebacks and isn't susceptible to that kind of theft or fraud.
  • Globally dispersed charities, such as one that would have its central office in USA and it's operations in Africa, can send money internationally much easier, quicker, and cheaper if that money is kept as bitcoin. For instance, it's possible for a funds manager in any part of the world to send bitcoins to a field worker in any other part of the world, and have them use that money to order supplies from Amazon, or a slew of other products and services, within a few minutes (I have literally received funds while waiting in a checkout line, and had a gift card purchased and ready to go before my last item was scanned). Likewise it's easier to pay salaries with bitcoin to employees stationed around the world, since the currency conversion, if needed, is done by each individual employee at the source, and the money gets deposited to everyone within minutes.

For the poor

• Bitcoin allows anyone to open an online "bank" account. Your level of income, credit score, area of residence, age, race, religion, or anything else doesn't matter. Just install and app on your phone or set up a wallet account on a computer (even a public one), and you instantly have access to the online economy. (I have read a few Post-2008 articles about towns in US being abandoned by banks due to the low income of the population making maintaining the branch unprofitable, thus cutting the people of the place out from the international banking system.)
  • Remittance payments are typically done through MTO's (Money Transfer Operators, like Western Union), which typically charge fees raging from 6% to 11%, and typically much higher if the destination is more remote. Essentially, the poorer you are, and the more desperate your family back home is, the more you get screwed. Bitcoin allows people to send international payments to places all over the world for anywhere from %0 to 3%, including exchanging into and out of the currency (0% because in many areas people will actually pay you a fee to get your bitcoins, since it lets them buy things from abroad).
  • Many of the poorest countries are actually blocked from receiving money from abroad. For instance, despite PayPal's impressive list of supported countries, in many of those countries the citizens are restricted to only sending money between themselves. Credit cards, likewise, block sending payments to many countries due to fraud issues. Bitcoin can still be sent there, so a poor software developer can still be hired from abroad, and a poor merchant can still sell his wares to everyone around the world.
  • That last one is the most important; "The other 6 billion" as BitcoinTalk's Andreas Antonopoulos calls them. Bitcoin requires very low level of technology to work. For instance, companies like Coinapult let you to use bitcoin with just a simple dumbpone and SMS service, which are very prevalent throughout the 3rd world. Imagine a farmer or a merchant with access only to villages within walking distance, suddenly being able to take his business to the online global market, with just the help of a basic cell phone.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 03:59:36 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 04:12:24 PM by Rassah

Bitcoin100 had its own exclusive article, and holy shit what a sensationalist title! (This article had nothing to do with the post above, as the one above was for Wired)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/02/03/bitcoin-charity-admits-its-biggest-donation-ever-was-likely-stolen-money/

"Admits it's likely" and "Suspect it might be, but have no proof either way" are rather different, but media will do whatever media will do to get readers *shrug*

Also, first comment courtesy of Phinn's effors. Thanks!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:18:52 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 04:33:44 PM by Rassah

More to vett

Dear Laura,

Please meet my friend Dmitry. We met in business school and he now runs a foundation that is looking for worthy nonprofits to donate to. He recently donated $1,000 each to my friend Jessie's IBME and my friend Amy's Primate Education Network. I think he will really appreciate the work you're doing with Heart of Oregon Corps.

@Dmitry, I met Laura at a dinner party this weekend. She's the executive director of a great organization: Heart of Oregon Corps helps young people find a way out of poverty through jobs and education. They could make a big difference with a $1,000 donation.

Good luck!

Greetings Rassah,

I am writing because I am inspired by the work you do with Bitcoin100.org, and also because I am a volunteer with a NPO that is doing some very important research that directly impacts health and environmental issues on a global scale.  Carnicom Institute is currently trying to raise funds for several projects, the most urgent being the acquisition of PCR equipment to assist in the DNA analysis of the elemental biological entity suspected to result in the phenomenon of "Morgellons Disease", which has yet to be positively identified by medical science.  I joined the team a few months ago, and was already a bitcoin enthusiast before that.  One of the first offerings I made to the institute was to assist them in being able to accept bitcoin donations on their website.  They are a registered 501(c)(3), and there is a donation widget on the organization's front page:

http://carnicominstitute.org/

In the event that Bitcoin100 is still offering support, we would like to be considered for the assistance that your organization provides to bitcoin-accepting NPO's.  If there is anything I can do to answer any questions or to better meet the donation criteria, then please feel free to reply to this message.

I appreciate what you do, keep up the great work,

Kaylee Tejeda

More furrballs

Hi Dmitry!

I hope this email reaches you, I know Bitcoin 100 is currently undergoing restructuring.

I've been a foster home for rescued dogs with the NYC Shiba Rescue (http://nycshibarescue.org), and just a few months ago also took over the position of Head of Fundraising. The first thing I wanted them to do was accept Bitcoin (I've been a Bitcoin advocate for years), as I knew it would help us reach a more global audience, and would make donations much easier to accept, without having to pay enormous Paypal fees.

Well, the time has finally come, and we now have a Bitpay account, front and center on our donation page! We're very excited to start accepting donations, and so I thought I'd reach out to your organization in the hopes we can gain some publicity on your website.

This past year we took in many dogs with serious medical conditions, who are thankfully now on their way to a full recovery, and many have already placed in new homes. Unfortunately this has left us with about $11,000 in veterinary bills from 2013 alone. We are thrilled that we were able to save these dogs' lives and find warm, loving homes for them, but it left us in dire need of donations and support.

If there is any way you could assist us in getting started with our Bitcoin donation campaign, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tani Olhanoski
Head of Fundraising
NYC Shiba Rescue
a 501(c) Organization
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:16:18 AM

Hello,

My name is Andy Posner.  I am the Founder and Executive Director of The Capital Good Fund, a 501c3 nonprofit based in Rhode Island.  David Bailey referred me to you re: the offer to get $1,000 worth of Bitcoin donated to you.

Sincerely,

Andy

Seriously, they both look fine, Rassah.

They added a donation option, and $1,000 donation has been sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/183bdf83d68a927b96ce38511d3ecf0f5a833bf249489e60ee7c7997b381e8d3
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:51:23 AM

And yet another request:

The ToonSeum, a nonprofit museum of comic and cartoon art is now accepting donations via bitcoin and would like to learn more about your program.
Thanks,
Joe

I've vetted these guys (by virtue of checking that their donation was only started a few days ago, and by actually visiting there in person a few months ago), so I'm giving them the go-ahead myself. $1,000 donation sent: https://blockchain.info/tx/1aa3247f692482b1e52d845109b36ee1f24dd7ba449dac79d371d47c808d4b8b
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:06:44 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 01:36:10 AM by Rassah

And one more charity solicitation

Hello,

My name is Joshua Ramjit and I am the CFO of The Hilltop Microfinance Initiative in DC. I am writing concerning the offer of a $1,000 Bitcoin donation. Per your instructions, the information you request is below:

Tax ID: 61-1574947

The Hilltop Microfinance Initiative (HMFI) aims to empower individuals by promoting financial independence and stimulating economic growth in and around D.C. We achieve these goals by providing small business loans, personalized business consulting, and credit-builder loans to low-income entrepreneurs who are unable to access capital in the formal financial system.

The Hilltop Microfinance Initiative (HMFI) is managed and staffed by Georgetown University students – with the occasional assistance of alumni, professors, and other D.C.-area community development leaders. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in Washington D.C. that is financed entirely by the generosity of individuals and foundations committed to our ideals of financial empowerment and entrepreneurship. Though we are connected to Georgetown University through our staff and through our commitment to service, we maintain no formal connection to the University. As a result, HMFI is completely independent and autonomous in its activities.

I want to let you know that we have just added a Bitcoin donation function to our website at hilltopmfi.org. It is at the bottom of the home page.

FYI, in email conversation, they told me that they just added bitcoin, in hopes of being approved by BTC100.

Ciao Rassah,
sono molto contento che tu abbia un buon ricordo dell'Italia Smiley
I'm running the Meetup in Rome and working hard to help the spread of Bitcoin in Italy. During last times there is a lot of interest in Italy and usually people use BitStamp as they have an account with Unicredit Bank, that is an italian bank group. There have been some news on national and regional tv in a positive way regarding the new shops that started to accept Bitcoin. Here is a tv news about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF79IAZw5cg
Today we have around 180 shops on CoinMap, go on with the revolution!

I'm talking with the association of blind people, http://www.uiciechi.it/ that have the mission to help their integration in society.
I had telephone conversation with this ONLUS and they are interested to know more on the possibility to start accepting bitcoin donation, after that i visit the association i will able to give you an update!
I have also contacted the association for deaf-mute people and for the research on cancer http://www.airc.it/. I'm waiting for an answer from them.

Ciao e buona giornata!
Francesco

Hi Rassah,

I'm a board member for the Tempe Bicycle Action Group.  We're a 501c3
profit in the service of the Tempe, AZ (home to Arizona State
University) cycling community.  Using raised funds, we organize teams
to hand out free bike lights to people riding at night without them.
We do adult bike safety classes, organize fun rides and events to
foster community, install bike racks for businesses that request them,
bring art to the community, and work with the City of Tempe
transportation staff to staff the annual Tempe Bike Count with
volunteers and volunteer coordination.  Our efforts are almost
entirely volunteer efforts, but we partner with local businesses and
national companies to put on volunteer appreciation parties.

We would be honored to be considered for a grant of $1000 worth of
BitCoin.  Our site currently accepts PayPal, but I don't think anyone
actually likes PayPal (there are too many stories of frozen accounts
and destroyed antique violins).  We also currently take donations (and
sell t-shirts) by Square at larger events we participate in.  I'd be
delighted to use this potential donation as an opportunity to set up
BitPay or similar on our WordPress blog at http://biketempe.org.  We
have a NetBook (once the trendy thing before tablets) we use for mail
list signup at events that we could use to accept BitCoin.  I need to
read more to learn about the appropriate way to do that.

Please let me know how we would need to proceed to apply for this grant.

Thank you and your volunteers for the work that you do!

Best regards,
-scott

Good day.

I am reaching out to you on behalf of my organization, Nonprofit Technology Resources (NTR). We accept donated computer from individuals and corporations, and refurbish them with the help of welfare-to-work program participants and interns from the city’s technical training institutes. These people gain a range of both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ employment skills. With the support of individual and institutional donors, many of these refurbished computers are given away, with a training workshop, to low-income Philadelphians and the organizations that serve them. Many others are sold at a discount to other nonprofit organizations to be distributed to their clients, also with a training workshop. The rest are sold in our Computer Thrift Store, which is open to the public.

I am inquiring about the Bitcoin 100 donation. NTR is a non-political, avowedly secular organization that focuses on providing technology and training for all low-income Philadelphians. NTR is a registered 501(c)(3) organization located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.  Would you please advise on eligibility and how to enroll?

Thank you very much for your assistance. 

P.S. One of our board members found the Bitcoin 100 promotion last week, and asked that I pursue the opportunity. I set us up to accept Bitcoin on February 5, 2014- not even a full 48 hours ago. And it was done explicitly in response to the Bitcoin 100 campaign.

Andrew Smith
Development Manager
Nonprofit Technology Resources

Phinn, I hope you're ok. I haven't heard from you in a while. Also, does anyone else feel like stepping up and doing some WHOIS and web archive vetting?
DavidBAL

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Always riding the Bull...

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. Thank you so much for your generosity, I can't say enough how useful this is in getting people buzzing about Bitcoin in both college communities and distressed economic zones!

Your donations will be paying dividends to both the community and Bitcoin for years to come!

Beyond thankful,

/db

I am an investor, entrepreneur, and CEO @BTC Inc http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-bailey/22/641/b53 ...
Bitrated user: davidbtcmedia.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:14:22 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 09:18:38 PM by Rassah

Does anyone want to volunteer to check and vet the growing list of charities? Basically check whois to make sure they're not brand new, check webarchive to see that they haven't been receiving bitcoin for a while, and check that they are a legit secular non-political charity? Bruno seems to have disappeared (probably got hit in the head by barnwood again)

Hi,

My name is Aid Idrizovic and I am the founder of the Rebuilding Roots Foundation. Our mission is to provide the resources and facilities to children in need that will help them become our leaders of tomorrow. I wouldn’t want to waste your time rambling about the company and its goals so I’ll keep it concise. But if you would like some information on our company and I feel taking a glance at our website will be the most helpful and informative.

http://www.rebuildingroots.org

Currently we have put an option to accept Bitcoin donations on our Donate page (Under how to help in the main menu).

I have also noticed the $1000 worth of Bitcoin offer. If we meet your requirements and you guys decide to follow through with that, your company will be added to our Partner page. Since we are starting up, that is all we can really offer but look to get some our company gear in the mail as we get bigger.

If there are any questions for me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aid Idrizovic
Rebuilding Roots Foundation | Founder & CEO

Hello Dmitry,

I was interested in accepting bitcoin for my chapter of Nourish International, we are in the application process with BitPay. But I was wondering how we could get our organization some funding through Bitcoin100.

We are working in Uganda the next two summers to start sustainable businesses, check our fundraising page out.

http://www.razoo.com/story/Uf-Davidson-2014

Our website is http://ufchapter.nourish.org
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

Rassah,

I've worked with Bruno on a few personal projects and have spoken to him about my charity endeavors in the past. I would be glad to lend a hand and help out, just shoot me a PM with whatever you need me to do.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: