Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262670 times)
Bitcoin 100

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 07:51:27 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2011, 08:04:40 PM by Bitcoin 100

But I do feel a need to explain that you didn't have to pledge 10 BTC to this wallet. Remember, it currently isn't allocated towards any particular charitable organization. You're more than welcome to dole out 1 BTC at a time and only after reviewing where the wallet is tentatively heading. I offer up this explanation, not only to you, but everyone reading this, so that there's no misunderstanding.

* gsan's donation of 10BTC, should I keep track of it separately, and only have him donate 1BTC per charity?
In regards to gsan's donation, we'll leave it as it stands unless he instructs up otherwise. I remember penning a post stating that he only needed to honor one at a time.

Ah, so will we get a separate address for each new drive?

The way I gathered, it would be more like a pool, since notifying each pledger for 1 BTC every time would be too much work.. I didn't want to miss following my promise, so I thought I could give in batch. I don't want to be the odd one, so if it's a problem please include it as a whole for the first donation. Smiley

No problem. Rassah will straighten it out. Sorry for the slight mix-up, gsan. You're in for 1 BTC for the current wallet, and 9 BTC will be moved to another wallet, of which 1 BTC at a time will be deducted from it to fund the future 9 pools. All this will be document.

Each new drive will utilize the same vanity address. It will just start from 0 BTC after the funds have been transferred.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 08:40:34 PM

No problem. Rassah will straighten it out. Sorry for the slight mix-up, gsan. You're in for 1 BTC for the current wallet, and 9 BTC will be moved to another wallet, of which 1 BTC at a time will be deducted from it to fund the future 9 pools. All this will be document.

Each new drive will utilize the same vanity address. It will just start from 0 BTC after the funds have been transferred.

~Bruno~

Done. Just, please remember guys, I'm not a bank. I have set aside a Linux system just to run the wallet, and keep backups of all addresses and private keys I use, plus sent copies of those keys to all relevant people, but I don't consider myself "secure" the way a financial company or a bank (or an exchange) would be. I am willing to run some private accounts for people, but please don't go overboard.
Bitcoin 100

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 10:37:01 PM

~Bruno~

Done. Just, please remember guys, I'm not a bank. I have set aside a Linux system just to run the wallet, and keep backups of all addresses and private keys I use, plus sent copies of those keys to all relevant people, but I don't consider myself "secure" the way a financial company or a bank (or an exchange) would be. I am willing to run some private accounts for people, but please don't go overboard.

Noted. But now I have to scrap my 'Rassah Bitcoin Trust' idea after I already paid a month's rent for the office space. Here's a pic of the lobby:

~Bruno~
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 10:39:00 PM

Don't worry, you're doing a great job right now.  Certainly if I cared deeply about high security for my Bitcoin100 funds then I would have held them myself and donated them manually one at a time.

Thanks for doing all this work.  As I said before, it helps a great deal for my personal circumstances.
Bitcoin 100

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 10:45:33 PM

Don't worry, you're doing a great job right now.  Certainly if I cared deeply about high security for my Bitcoin100 funds then I would have held them myself and donated them manually one at a time.

Thanks for doing all this work.  As I said before, it helps a great deal for my personal circumstances.

Great! As I've previously stated a few times on this thread, I'll personal replace any Bitcoin that turns up missing. That said, Rassah is doing a fine job and I fully trust him. His efforts are deeply appreciated.

~Bruno~
Bitcoin 100

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 11:01:02 PM

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but...

I'm in.

It's never too late, Jeremy. Besides, 'the party' is just beginning. I took the liberty of putting you down for (1+) which translates into you pledging at least 1 BTC and will honor it when you see fit. Thank you kindly for your contribution.

BTW, I ordered that book from Amazon thanks to you. Did you see the thread where I outlined how the whole process progressed? Also, nice interview, the other day.

~Bruno~

Sent 2.012 for Ron Paul 2012 Smiley

Thank you, Jeremy, for honoring your pledge. The supporter's list in the OP has been updated reflecting your kind contribution.

I Pledge at least 1BTC. Please add me to the list.

Thank you, mintymark, for your pledge. You're #90. Take a look. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0

The address you send your donation to is: 1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac

I hope that addresses your questions and concerns, to date. I took the liberty of putting you on the list, now, since you've expressed interest.

~Bruno~

Thanks, Bruno.

The transaction is on the way, but hasn't been etched into the blockchain as of this writing. Have a look for transaction id 13402a1e002984c2fc1950744d67b68fd137acba062a664010c9213eb1f03b0d in a couple of minutes.

Edit: The transaction appeared in block 157877, link.

Thank you kindly, mcorlett, for honoring your pledge. It has been noted.

But I do feel a need to explain that you didn't have to pledge 10 BTC to this wallet. Remember, it currently isn't allocated towards any particular charitable organization. You're more than welcome to dole out 1 BTC at a time and only after reviewing where the wallet is tentatively heading. I offer up this explanation, not only to you, but everyone reading this, so that there's no misunderstanding.

* gsan's donation of 10BTC, should I keep track of it separately, and only have him donate 1BTC per charity?
In regards to gsan's donation, we'll leave it as it stands unless he instructs up otherwise. I remember penning a post stating that he only needed to honor one at a time.

Ah, so will we get a separate address for each new drive?

The way I gathered, it would be more like a pool, since notifying each pledger for 1 BTC every time would be too much work.. I didn't want to miss following my promise, so I thought I could give in batch. I don't want to be the odd one, so if it's a problem please include it as a whole for the first donation. Smiley

Fixed!

~ ~~~~~~~~

MaxSan PM'ed me stating that he contributed 2 BTC toward the current wallet. This has been confirmed. Thank you kindly, MasSan. The OP has been updated.

~ ~~~~~~~~

If you've noticed the decreased balance in the wallet at blockexplorer, it's because 9 BTC were removed and placed into a separate wallet to be doled out 1 BTC at a time toward subsequent wallets, per gsan's instructions. He originally donated 10 BTC into the current wallet, falsely thinking that it was the main pool of which would fund future charitable organizations. Rassah has control of this wallet, as well.

~Bruno~
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 12:08:29 PM

As I've previously mention, nice job. Here's my donation list:

1. Phinnaeus Gage (Bruno) (100+) (Honored 1 BTC + Matched 13 BTC + Proxied 2 BTC + 9.8989898 BTC)

-snip-

Nice! Sorry for making a mess of my donations, but good tracking there on your part Smiley

Yea! That was when you tricked me into donating .14159265 BTC. You're a dog!
Actually, I feel it was more like you tricking me into donating 0.15757575 Smiley But did you include this in your list up there? Or did you compensate it later up to 9.8989898?

First, my apologies for not documenting the .15757575 BTC which, by the way, is not part of the 9.8989898 (I can clarify what that total consist of, if anybody is interested)
No problem Smiley Rassah caught it in his spreadsheet Smiley

Now onto who tricked who first. My post was in reference to your post, below:

Oh my! Shocked It seems it just happened again! Such rascals!

It was this post that you tricked me into donating .14159265 BTC as outlined here:

Oh my! Shocked It seems it just happened again! Such rascals!

Don't eff with me, cause two can play that game. (take a look!)  Grin

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac

(but give it a couple minutes to show up)

What do you have to say about that, BT?  Smiley

~Bruno~

May I remind you of the post before that:

I couldn't stand it any longer! So I went and did it. Hope nobody objects. I donated .8989898 BTC to the wallet to have the balance show a whole number. If you don't like it, then give me something I may like--500 lashes with a wet noodle.

~Bruno~

While this seems innocuous enough, upon closer inspection it was actually a majestically crafted ruse to get individuals with troll-like tendencies to donate more money to charity, by setting an opportunity they couldn't pass up on. Trolling the trolls, if you want, for charity. Whether you were specifically targetting me when you did this, or just assumed anyone would take the bait, I cannot tell. All I can say is:

Well played, Bruno. Well played.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 06:56:40 PM

While this seems innocuous enough, upon closer inspection it was actually a majestically crafted ruse to get individuals with troll-like tendencies to donate more money to charity, by setting an opportunity they couldn't pass up on. Trolling the trolls, if you want, for charity. Whether you were specifically targetting me when you did this, or just assumed anyone would take the bait, I cannot tell. All I can say is:

Well played, Bruno. Well played.

You caught the tater or, better yet, the bittater. (with apologies to Ron White)

I did realize that I was fully to blame prior to penning that last post, but I was hoping you weren't smart enough to catch it, let along getting called out. Boy, was I mistaken--badly. Uncle Roget would be damn proud of your post, if not for the simple fact he doesn't visit Bitcoin Talk--or dead.

I'm still working on the website for Bitcoin100. Currently, 98.161 BTC resides in the wallet. I've just noticed that somebody donated 1.149 BTC. Anybody want to fess up as to who did such so that Rassah can update the spreadsheet accordingly? It's not imperative to relay that information, for there's a line for anonymous donations.

~Bruno~
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 08:58:39 PM

When can we get some charity solicitation work going?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 09:03:23 PM

Have we decided on a spokesperson?

I'd volunteer but I'm swamped.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 10:31:30 PM

Have we decided on a spokesperson?

Our last candidate has been banned, along with his other 21 accounts. The hunt is anew. Remember, we only need a spokesperson for any needed person-to-person contact. Collectively, we're able to pen proper email correspondences.

In about an hour, I'll have a list of candidates to choose from. I'm going to glean this thread, as well as the other, to list all the suggestions, to date.

~Bruno~
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 11:46:19 PM

Our last candidate has been banned, along with his other 21 accounts.
What? Who was that?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 12:01:22 AM

Our last candidate has been banned, along with his other 21 accounts.
What? Who was that?

Harvey/Atlas
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 01:07:31 AM

+1

I could do it too but I have too much going on to put that much focus on this project. We need someone who is bored to step up. Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 01:17:42 AM

I can do it, but I fear my weight may interfere with any face to face meetings. I need a special chair.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 03:20:24 AM

I can do it, but I fear my weight may interfere with any face to face meetings. I need a special chair.

I guess it's time to step in here, before Butterbean changes his mind.

As I've stated earlier, I bowed out on being a spokesperson for the sole reason that I'm apt to trip over myself when the conversation ultimately turns to technical questions related to Bitcoin in general. Although I'm still not well versed with the entire Bitcoin-sphere, one doesn't need to know the wrap count of copper wire in a Hoover motor to sell vacuum cleaners door-to-door. When a question or concern is posed that I'm unable to address, I simply answer with, "I'll have to get back to you on that...," or equivalent. Then follow-up in a timely manner. Chances are good that they'll already be up to speed in regards to what is Bitcoin, if provided, beforehand, reading and video material, coupled with them conducting their due diligence.

For me, having the time was never an issue, for I can circumnavigate around my scheduled affairs. Face-to-face meetings would be rare and only commence within a couple hundred miles from my home, with most conversations transpiring over the phone, thereby eliminating jet-setting around the globe.

With that, consider this issue resolved.

~Bruno~
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 03:54:21 PM

I know we are suppose to wait for spokesman, but I went ahead and sent an email to WHYY:

Code:
Hello,
  I came on line to donate to WHYY, but I do not see a place donate with bitcoins.  I, and many others, would donate if you excepted bitcoins.

http://bitcoin.org/
    https://bit-pay.com/forCharities.html  (easy way to integrate USD from bitcoins to website. no fees for non-profits)

Jim

REPLY:
Code:
Dear Mr. lastname,

Thank you for your suggestion. Your message will be forwarded to management.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Tara Swartz

Member Services

WHYY
memberservices@whyy.org

(215) 351-0511

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 05:49:08 PM

I know we are suppose to wait for spokesman, but I went ahead and sent an email to WHYY:

Code:
Hello,
  I came on line to donate to WHYY, but I do not see a place donate with bitcoins.  I, and many others, would donate if you excepted bitcoins.

https://bit-pay.com/forCharities.html  (easy way to integrate USD from bitcoins to website. no fees for non-profits)

Jim

REPLY:
Code:
Dear Mr. lastname,

Sincerely,

Tara Swartz

Member Services

WHYY
memberservices@whyy.org

(215) 351-0511

No problem in not waiting for a spokesperson. That person, me, will only be used when a face-to-face meeting is warranted. Thank you for taking the initiative. The worse thing that can happen is that they'll say no, but that doesn't mean we can't approach them again with a future well thought out plan of action.

~Bruno~
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 06:54:52 PM

Code:
Hello,

Jim

REPLY:
Code:
Dear Mr. lastname,

Sincerely,

Tara Swartz

Member Services

WHYY
memberservices@whyy.org

(215) 351-0511

No problem in not waiting for a spokesperson. That person, me, will only be used when a face-to-face meeting is warranted. Thank you for taking the initiative. The worse thing that can happen is that they'll say no, but that doesn't mean we can't approach them again with a future well thought out plan of action.

~Bruno~

sorry to pop in like this, jjiimm_64 are you affiliated with bit-pay ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 02:44:25 PM

Um, bump? Anything going on with this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: