Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:03:26 AM

The problems with the daemon are just too much.  I have to spend hours a day fixing issues with the daemon.

Dedicatedpool has offlined CWC until the developers fix this coin.

No coin transfers can take place because the coin keeps erroring out.  I have to spend over 4 hours now fixing the current issues.  

Please contact the developers of CWC to fix this coin daemon if you want your coins transferred.

Please remove dedicatedpool from the pool list.

Thank you,

bc

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:21:54 AM

When supply starts to vastly outpace demand this is what investors start to do...

I have seen it with every coin that decides to venture in to the billions.

Demand can still materialize and create value, how and when is largely up to the dev team. I am sure they will address this as soon as they are back at the helm. Hopefully soon so the boards don't fill up with FUD.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

I just bought 200mh for this coin, who will pay that btc back to me? You? Don't think so, its better to keep the coin source at this, we will reach the total coin much earlier its not a big problem.

At this rate you have ~ 2220 blocks left until the coin maxes out at 1,000,000,000 coins.  Assuming you find blocks every 2 minutes that's ~ 3 days or so... that is much earlier indeed.
iiikkkxj

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:25:21 AM

when will the dev come back?
jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:26:12 AM

When supply starts to vastly outpace demand this is what investors start to do...

Demand can still materialize and create value, how and when is largely up to the dev team. I am sure they will address this as soon as they are back at the helm. Hopefully soon so the boards don't fill up with FUD.

After maxing the coin will be POS only then right?  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  If the coin did max out in e.g. 30 days that creates demand in itself to get in now while its mineable.

Lets wait for the devs anyway to get accurate info on this, it is Sunday and not sure of their timezone.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:30:51 AM

After maxing the coin will be POS only then right?  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  If the coin did max out in e.g. 30 days that creates demand in itself to get in now while its mineable.

Lets wait for the devs anyway to get accurate info on this, it is Sunday and not sure of their timezone.

not sure there timezone either but the charity is registered in the state of California so I would guess pst.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:32:46 AM

My understanding from the description is that it is a hybrid for the life of the coin, so it is SUPPOSED to be POW/PoS (theoretically to have the best of both worlds), but if this is intentional, then yes, it will flood the coffers to maximum, end POW, and then they will start to accumulate interest @ 7% for the year.

These things are confusing to me due to not being a miner myself (yet!), and being in three or four different coin rooms experiencing one issue or another with PoS/PoW issues.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
iiikkkxj

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:36:51 AM

"moneysupply" : 53566152.13235200      Embarrassed
voxelot

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:43:17 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 01:21:33 AM by voxelot

My understanding from the description is that it is a hybrid for the life of the coin, so it is SUPPOSED to be POW/PoS (theoretically to have the best of both worlds), but if this is intentional, then yes, it will flood the coffers to maximum, end POW, and then they will start to accumulate interest @ 7% for the year.

These things are confusing to me due to not being a miner myself (yet!), and being in three or four different coin rooms experiencing one issue or another with PoS/PoW issues.

This coin is making so many fundamental errors.  

PoS is meant to reduce the amount of TX fees needed by limiting the resources needed to sign and confirm blocks.  TX fees are how this coin planned on donating to charity. That's just an initial design flaw and maybe why they wanted to keep PoW. Or maybe the dev doesn't know what their doing.

At this rate the coins will reach the total mint in ~ 4 days and your interest and PoS rewards will be limited to only TX fees.

The devs will have to fork this coin if they plan on saving it.  Unless anyone has a better idea?

*EDIT*

Even if they managed to bring this coin back to block 6999 without any issues with the transactions that have been happening in their absence,  there is clear evidence that this coin was not developed properly.  I wish all those that invested the best of luck and I'm sorry for your loses.  
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:02:00 AM

This coin is making so many fundamental errors.  

PoS is meant to reduce the amount of TX fees needed by limiting the resources needed to sign and confirm blocks.  TX fees are how this coin planned on donating to charity. That's just an initial design flaw and maybe why they wanted to keep PoW. Or maybe the dev doesn't know what their doing.

At this rate the coins will reach the total mint in ~ 4 days and your interest and PoS rewards will be limited to only TX fees.

The devs will have to fork this coin if they plan on saving it.  Unless anyone has a better idea?

Huh

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
AbiusGMIU

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:19:11 AM

Shocked Only suppose to be 800-900 coins per block. Waiting for devs...
iiikkkxj

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:25:36 AM

Shocked Only suppose to be 800-900 coins per block. Waiting for devs...

yes , when will they come back ?
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:40:12 AM

Stop mining until we get this figured out. We're on it right now.

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
ghostbackwards

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:52:14 AM

In the meantime h2o coin is going steady. All problems have been fixed, wallets are online, pools are happy. Donations to the water foundation are being prepared. Cheesy

H2O: HTCaa6CSiYRDUnGo5WcSfydzYifwd9CvfK
iiikkkxj

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:03:12 AM

so happy you are back, pls fix it asap!
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:10:53 AM

There are only two options here -

1) To fork back to block 7000, in which case all transactions back to that point will be lost, along with a LOT of confidence in the coin.

2) To clearly announce to everyone a fork at a coming block, say block 7200 (we are at block 7158 as of writing) and allow the 'mistake' block rewards to stand. This would give everyone a chance to switch to the new wallet and would be less damaging to the coin. The only downside is that the total supply of 1bill will be reached sooner than anticipated.

Personally, I think option 2 is the fairest to all, it gives an unexpected bonus to those miners that have been supporting the coin in its early stages and does not cancel all transactions that have been made since block 7000. You can guarantee that anyone who loses a transaction due to the devs' basic math error will not come near this coin again and you know what they say, bad news travels round the world before good news has got its boots on..
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:16:29 AM

1) To fork back to block 7000, in which case all transactions back to that point will be lost, along with a LOT of confidence in the coin.

2) To clearly announce to everyone a fork at a coming block, say block 7200 (we are at block 7158 as of writing) and allow the 'mistake' block rewards to stand. This would give everyone a chance to switch to the new wallet and would be less damaging to the coin. The only downside is that the total supply of 1bill will be reached sooner than anticipated.

Personally, I think option 2 is the fairest to all, it gives an unexpected bonus to those miners that have been supporting the coin in its early stages and does not cancel all transactions that have been made since block 7000. You can guarantee that anyone who loses a transaction due to the devs' basic math error will not come near this coin again and you know what they say, bad news travels round the world before good news has got its boots on..

Can you cancel out the rewards given for past blocks and replace them with the correct reward amount? In other words, make it like the mistake never happened and continue onward with correct reward amounts? Surely the network can recognize where mistake coins are and "convert" down to the true amount?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:19:56 AM

Can you cancel out the rewards given for past blocks and replace them with the correct reward amount? In other words, make it like the mistake never happened and continue onward with correct reward amounts? Surely the network can recognize where mistake coins are and "convert" down to the true amount?

That would only work if the pools haven't paid out yet. And then even, you need to make sure the pools destroy the coins themselves.

I stopped the daemon/pool on dedicatedpool as soon as the issues arose.

People are really mad at me, but I can't deal with these issues anymore!  This needs to be fixed ASAP!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
voxelot

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:23:25 AM

Sure if you can manage to break the elliptic curve over finite prime field cryptography that secures bitcoin.

And that is quite the reward for the lucky few that mined between blocks 7000-7200.

Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:24:24 AM

@binaryclock is there an ETA on when we will be able to withdraw CWC? I know the daemon has been a b!tch for you and I'm not rushing.....but also not wanting to simply lose me coins
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: