Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:26:39 AM

Stop mining until we get this figured out. We're on it right now.

There are only two options here -

1) To fork back to block 7000, in which case all transactions back to that point will be lost, along with a LOT of confidence in the coin.

2) To clearly announce to everyone a fork at a coming block, say block 7200 (we are at block 7158 as of writing) and allow the 'mistake' block rewards to stand. This would give everyone a chance to switch to the new wallet and would be less damaging to the coin. The only downside is that the total supply of 1bill will be reached sooner than anticipated.

Personally, I think option 2 is the fairest to all, it gives an unexpected bonus to those miners that have been supporting the coin in its early stages and does not cancel all transactions that have been made since block 7000. You can guarantee that anyone who loses a transaction due to the devs' basic math error will not come near this coin again and you know what they say, bad news travels round the world before good news has got its boots on..

Can you cancel out the rewards given for past blocks and replace them with the correct reward amount? In other words, make it like the mistake never happened and continue onward with correct reward amounts? Surely the network can recognize where mistake coins are and "convert" down to the true amount?

Sure if you can manage to break the elliptic curve over finite prime field cryptography that secures bitcoin.

And that is quite the reward for the lucky few that mined between blocks 7000-7200.

That is like hitting the lotto if this coin ends up going anywhere.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:28:07 AM

@binaryclock is there an ETA on when we will be able to withdraw CWC? I know the daemon has been a b!tch for you and I'm not rushing.....but also not wanting to simply lose me coins

I can't do anything.  I have over 400 transactions that are failed and the database is a complete mess.  ETA 5-6 hours?  But I'm not even turning it back on until the daemon is fixed!  We need a proper fix from the developers.

We have been asking to fix the problem for over seven (7) days now and they have known about it.

Stay on this forum.  As soon as there is a proper fix I will put the daemon back online.  Until then, there is nothing I can do.  Because of the size of dedicatedpool, almost every transfer is well over 15k and breaks the database/crons/transfers, etc!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:29:17 AM

1) To fork back to block 7000, in which case all transactions back to that point will be lost, along with a LOT of confidence in the coin.

2) To clearly announce to everyone a fork at a coming block, say block 7200 (we are at block 7158 as of writing) and allow the 'mistake' block rewards to stand. This would give everyone a chance to switch to the new wallet and would be less damaging to the coin. The only downside is that the total supply of 1bill will be reached sooner than anticipated.

Personally, I think option 2 is the fairest to all, it gives an unexpected bonus to those miners that have been supporting the coin in its early stages and does not cancel all transactions that have been made since block 7000. You can guarantee that anyone who loses a transaction due to the devs' basic math error will not come near this coin again and you know what they say, bad news travels round the world before good news has got its boots on..

Can you cancel out the rewards given for past blocks and replace them with the correct reward amount? In other words, make it like the mistake never happened and continue onward with correct reward amounts? Surely the network can recognize where mistake coins are and "convert" down to the true amount?

Sure if you can manage to break the elliptic curve over finite prime field cryptography that secures bitcoin.

And that is quite the reward for the lucky few that mined between blocks 7000-7200.

While ~90million sounds like a lot, it isn't that much when it is part of 1 billion lol.
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:34:51 AM

While ~90million sounds like a lot, it isn't that much when it is part of 1 billion lol.

That is 9% of the total currency split up amongst....I have no idea how many people were mining during those blocks.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:37:58 AM

That is 9% of the total currency split up amongst....I have no idea how many people were mining during those blocks.

I'd rather the miners get that bonus than to get royally screwed out of hours of mining. Most were mining anyway and have no idea any of this has happened.
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:38:41 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 08:15:19 AM by leewilson

Deplorable and inexcusable. I will explain further when more readers are awake.

The IPO and self moderated thread are the least of my concerns regarding this travesty.

I apologize for not coming back earlier to follow up with this post. I wanted to put together a full investigative report together, but have not had the time. I, also, apologize if someone else has already brought this subject up and I missed it. I would quote your post if it exists, but I have not read the thread since I posted the 34th post. I know it is not addressed in the OP so it seems the subterfuge is still ongoing.

In short, this coin needs to be mined into the dirt and buried. Period.

This coin hates all religions except for one.
You must listen to the preaching of the chosen religion to receive clean water.

What a noble cause.

1st Nonprofit Organization Coin should read: 1st Nonprofit Hidden Agenda Christian Conversion Organization Coin.

You are secretly being duped to spread the word of jesus by mining and supporting this coin. The charity water organization has been documented multiple times revealing this. Charity water is great at branding and misleading the public. I would not be surprised if some of the "devs" of this coin are not in integral positions of the charity water organization itself.

And it is a documented norm of said organization to not upkeep the well at all so many, if not most, of the wells drilled are inoperable today. The amount of pocket lining of the person behind the charity and local religious cohorts on the ground constructing these illusions is nauseating.

When you peel back a few layers of the onion it will smack you square in the forehead like Benny Hinn or Claude Smoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lauz2_0TOXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnbVqwV8aw4

These type of shenanigans are the requirement for children to get clean water from "charity" (sickening):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Further reading:

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/13814-the-problem-with-charity-water

Can I apply if I am not a Christian or currently not attending a church?
We regularly have non-Christians and/or those who are not currently a member of church apply to volunteer. Although the vast majority of our staff and volunteers are followers of Jesus, we will consider all applicants. At the discretion of the Managing Director, non-Christian volunteers may be accepted short-term, based on their skills and our needs.
However, all volunteers must have a lifestyle consistent with our Core Values and be willing to adhere to our Code of Conduct.
http://volunteer.mercyships.org/volunteer/general/
This is the charity that sparked the charity water organization.

Needless to say, I hope all coins mined between block 7000-7200 are dumped immediately.

It might as well be ScientologyCoin. Birds of a feather as they say.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:42:44 AM

I'd rather the miners get that bonus than to get royally screwed out of hours of mining. Most were mining anyway and have no idea any of this has happened.

I don't think option 2 is palatable. There are 86400 sec/day which divided by 120 sec/block gives a total 720 blocks mined per day @ 450K WATER = 324 Million WATER/day. This means that supply is exhausted sometime on Wednesday, meaning that even if a fix is provided by that time, majority of the coins, if not all, would be mined. 

Edit:Also, if this is allowed to stand the amount of transactions that are the basis for getting funding for the charity would be drastically reduced, which I don't think is the best for the future of CWC.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:53:57 AM

I don't think option 2 is palatable. There are 86400 sec/day which divided by 120 sec/block gives a total 720 blocks mined per day @ 450K WATER = 324 Million WATER/day. This means that supply is exhausted sometime on Wednesday, meaning that even if a fix is provided by that time, majority of the coins, if not all, would be mined. 

Edit:Also, if this is allowed to stand the amount of transactions that are the basis for getting funding for the charity would be drastically reduced, which I don't think is the best for the future of CWC.

That is why the code needs to be fixed ASAP, not after a day or 2. As previously pointed out it it were done by block 7200 that would only be 9% of the total coin supply.
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:55:59 AM

Stop trading too!
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:56:21 AM

That is why the code needs to be fixed ASAP, not after a day or 2. As previously pointed out it it were done by block 7200 that would only be 9% of the total coin supply.

But that would fit well with the hidden christian agenda...kinda like the resurrection.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:56:23 AM

As I type this we are on block 7127, and a "fix" shouldn't take more than an hour or two more. That means the fix could be out by block 7200. 200 blocks @450k WATER is ~90million....not the 324million that you state.
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:58:10 AM

Stop trading too!

Unfortunately it is a bit late for that. Prices are already down to 10 satoshi.
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

Did hash rate increase soon as the big rewards hit?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
IntroVert

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:00:09 AM

As I type this we are on block 7127, and a "fix" shouldn't take more than an hour or two more. That means the fix could be out by block 7200. 200 blocks @450k WATER is ~90million....not the 324million that you state.

We are calculating at different time intervals, me daily, you 200 blocks, and both numbers are correct and ugly. I hope fix can be delivered at block 7200, however my bigger issue is why this was not tested against. The team needs to decide if they are just going to fix this and pray there are no other issues or conduct a more comprehensive code review, needing more time which is obviously in short supply.
voxelot

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:04:54 AM

We are calculating at different time intervals, me daily, you 200 blocks, and both numbers are correct and ugly. I hope fix can be delivered at block 7200, however my bigger issue is why this was not tested against. The team needs to decide if they are just going to fix this and pray there are no other issues or conduct a more comprehensive code review, needing more time which is obviously in short supply.

It would seem the devs have not heard of Testnet.  Does anybody actually know who the devs are?
WALKEN-COIN

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:06:19 AM

Well, on the bright side, great time to buy em' cheap and ramp up your PoS!   Undecided

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:09:40 AM

Most GPU miners, no matter how big their farm, operate on a very tight profit margin. Forking back to block 7000 would basically penalize them instead of the devs for this mistake. Losing even an hour or two of mining means they have a net loss for the day..............not to mention the net loss they will already have since so many coins have been dumped. Forking at 7200 rewards them for supporting the coin and network, without doing major damage to the coin itself.

As it stands, even the miners that were loyal and benefit from a fork at 7200, they are still operating at near a net loss until prices can recover.
cleanminer

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:15:42 AM

Most GPU miners, no matter how big their farm, operate on a very tight profit margin. Forking back to block 7000 would basically penalize them instead of the devs for this mistake. Losing even an hour or two of mining means they have a net loss for the day..............not to mention the net loss they will already have since so many coins have been dumped. Forking at 7200 rewards them for supporting the coin and network, without doing major damage to the coin itself.

As it stands, even the miners that were loyal and benefit from a fork at 7200, they are still operating at a net loss until prices can recover.

What happens to the coins that have been traded on the exchanges.  Are people who have paid BTC to buy WATER going to loose their coins if they were mined after the 7000 block?
IntroVert

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:20:15 AM

As it stands, even the miners that were loyal and benefit from a fork at 7200, they are still operating at near a net loss until prices can recover.

Understood... Keeping these coins in play reduces the benefit for the PLC investors (myself included), gives benefit to the loyal miners (again myself included through sheer "luck", "earning" more than the PLC investment). Also, the charity loses due to 9% or so of coins did not generate anticipated number of transactions. Again, the assumption is that a simple fix of changing "*" to "/" can be delivered quickly (likely) and fixes the issue (hopefully). However, if another issue like this shows up, the coin's future would be in serious trouble, if it is not already. I hope there is a good explanation why the CWC lifecycle was not run on Testnet.
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:25:50 AM

No one wins, I mined for 24hrs a couple of days ago and held the coins I earnt, now they are virtually worthless. Same applies to those traders who supported the coin from the start and bought in early.

Best suggestion I can think of atm (after about 4min of pondering) is to hard fork, new daemon sets the block reward for 7000 - 7200 as tx fees only, plus reset the difficulty so they can get mined out swiftly. The old blockchain will have a list of the addresses paid out to for the original 200 blocks, devs manually credit those with a set amount of coin consistent with the previous 500 blocks. Hopefully it wont be too much work for those pool admins involved to roll back their databases and then reprocess their miners rewards on their usual per share scheme. Devs might have to compensate the pools with a bit of coin also, then it just leaves the orphaned transactions on the exchanges, too which I dont have an answer yet....

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: