Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:07:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195659 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DreamMiner

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

I hope this gets sorted out - I wouldn't jump ship to H20 myself if I didn't have to.  CWC seems to have everything else in order for longevity except the blockchain (albeit that is critical), otherwise the ideas, the vision, the nice website, the marketing..all there to make this something that people would get behind just like EMC2..

Hopefully there are pools that will pick it back up.  I'm speaking to you supernova! Smiley

Thanks Matthew.

There is no doubt we made 1 massive mistake. There is no doubt that we deserve a majority of this negative criticism. And while we are bummed to see a lot of people walk away from this project, and to see great pools like Supernova shut down -- we also recognize that Supernova, and many of you are in this to make money -- and so we are working rigorously over here to try to get everything into a more stable and indelible form, so that each of you can make money and support a great cause at the same time.

This is all taking a lot of time (that we did not plan for), and a lot of money (that we did not plan for), and so we will do the best we can to be as omnipresent as circumstances allow. Keep in mind that both Hyrum an I have young families, demanding jobs, and limited time -- and so this unforeseeable obstacle really screwed a lot of things up. You might ask if we had so much on our plates why would we even bother launching a coin with how demanding it can be? I think that is a fair question.

As you can imagine by now, what transpired in the last couple of weeks was not supposed to happen. We hired developers who have a pretty solid coin portfolio, and it was just an honest mistake. We reviewed with them our complex math multiple times -- and the main developer just accidentally went off the wrong formula. We can sit here and point fingers all day long and give his name and address to start the witch hunt -- but that is not going to get us anywhere, and at the end of the day, it was our fault for launching when we did and not doing more testing. We had planned on hiring on more people like Paul to help run the day-to-day as we focus our time and resources on nailing down new small businesses to partner up with, and to reach out to our media contacts to line up more news coverage outside of the crypto-community. So everything came to a crashing halt a couple weeks ago and we are now doing the best we can with the limited time that we have to get back on the horse and keep going.

I will continue to check in on here at least once a day, but until we have been given a 150% green light that everything has been working flawlessly for at least 3-5 days... we will continue to be working behind the scenes as we prepare for the recovery campaign.

If you would like to get a hold of me, I usually check my email more often than the forums -- so please email me at zach@cleanwatercoin.org.

Thank you for your honest feedback -- good or bad -- we appreciate those supporters we still have, and look forward to winning back the ones we've lost due to our untimely mistakes.

Thanks again,
Zach

Hi Zach,

You guys have had some mis-steps, what matters now is how you move forward.  Communication is critical and you are doing this.  You are testing a way forward, another check mark. I believe in the cause you are supporting and have put my money down in the IPO in hopes that some startup cash could help.  I am more concerned this project stops than getting my money out.  If you need someone to test a wallet or point a miner somewhere let me know.  I will send you an email as well.

Keep at it, this can go somewhere, and you are paving a road, not traveled by many.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

I hope this gets sorted out - I wouldn't jump ship to H20 myself if I didn't have to.  CWC seems to have everything else in order for longevity except the blockchain (albeit that is critical), otherwise the ideas, the vision, the nice website, the marketing..all there to make this something that people would get behind just like EMC2..

Hopefully there are pools that will pick it back up.  I'm speaking to you supernova! Smiley

Thanks Matthew.

There is no doubt we made 1 massive mistake. There is no doubt that we deserve a majority of this negative criticism. And while we are bummed to see a lot of people walk away from this project, and to see great pools like Supernova shut down -- we also recognize that Supernova, and many of you are in this to make money -- and so we are working rigorously over here to try to get everything into a more stable and indelible form, so that each of you can make money and support a great cause at the same time.

This is all taking a lot of time (that we did not plan for), and a lot of money (that we did not plan for), and so we will do the best we can to be as omnipresent as circumstances allow. Keep in mind that both Hyrum an I have young families, demanding jobs, and limited time -- and so this unforeseeable obstacle really screwed a lot of things up. You might ask if we had so much on our plates why would we even bother launching a coin with how demanding it can be? I think that is a fair question.

As you can imagine by now, what transpired in the last couple of weeks was not supposed to happen. We hired developers who have a pretty solid coin portfolio, and it was just an honest mistake. We reviewed with them our complex math multiple times -- and the main developer just accidentally went off the wrong formula. We can sit here and point fingers all day long and give his name and address to start the witch hunt -- but that is not going to get us anywhere, and at the end of the day, it was our fault for launching when we did and not doing more testing. We had planned on hiring on more people like Paul to help run the day-to-day as we focus our time and resources on nailing down new small businesses to partner up with, and to reach out to our media contacts to line up more news coverage outside of the crypto-community. So everything came to a crashing halt a couple weeks ago and we are now doing the best we can with the limited time that we have to get back on the horse and keep going.

I will continue to check in on here at least once a day, but until we have been given a 150% green light that everything has been working flawlessly for at least 3-5 days... we will continue to be working behind the scenes as we prepare for the recovery campaign.

If you would like to get a hold of me, I usually check my email more often than the forums -- so please email me at zach@cleanwatercoin.org.

Thank you for your honest feedback -- good or bad -- we appreciate those supporters we still have, and look forward to winning back the ones we've lost due to our untimely mistakes.

Thanks again,
Zach

This shit is taught in scammer 101 class. You are losing your victims, so appease them and try to get sympathy because you have nothing left to lose.

Don't any of you find it appalling someone is preying on the good natured people under the guise of it being for charity........and they claim to be soooo committed to the cause......oh but wait, shit fucked up and we bailed until we found out the good hearted people were still there trying to salvage it.

The part I find most infuriating is Zach saying we should forgive him for fucking up and being gone because he has a life. UMMMM........DUDE!!! You are claiming you want to make sure starving kids have clean water, but you can't be bothered to check on your project because it is movie night?

To the people here, please continue to be human and help others, but FFS! don't support this lazy scammer any more.
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

I hope this gets sorted out - I wouldn't jump ship to H20 myself if I didn't have to.  CWC seems to have everything else in order for longevity except the blockchain (albeit that is critical), otherwise the ideas, the vision, the nice website, the marketing..all there to make this something that people would get behind just like EMC2..

Hopefully there are pools that will pick it back up.  I'm speaking to you supernova! Smiley

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

This shit is taught in scammer 101 class. You are losing your victims, so appease them and try to get sympathy because you have nothing left to lose.

Don't any of you find it appalling someone is preying on the good natured people under the guise of it being for charity........and they claim to be soooo committed to the cause......oh but wait, shit fucked up and we bailed until we found out the good hearted people were still there trying to salvage it.

The part I find most infuriating is Zach saying we should forgive him for fucking up and being gone because he has a life. UMMMM........DUDE!!! You are claiming you want to make sure starving kids have clean water, but you can't be bothered to check on your project because it is movie night?

To the people here, please continue to be human and help others, but FFS! don't support this lazy scammer any more.

quoting it all just to see if you are lame enough to try and delete the truth
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

I hope this gets sorted out - I wouldn't jump ship to H20 myself if I didn't have to.  CWC seems to have everything else in order for longevity except the blockchain (albeit that is critical), otherwise the ideas, the vision, the nice website, the marketing..all there to make this something that people would get behind just like EMC2..

Hopefully there are pools that will pick it back up.  I'm speaking to you supernova! Smiley

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

I never asked for forgiveness nor am I looking for your sympathy -- I was simply owning up to the mistakes that we've made, and being candid about how we are trying to juggle this thing the best we can at the moment. I got myself into this mess, and I will get myself out of it.

If you want to be critical about how this has all played out, that is perfectly fine with me -- and fair. But please help me understand what you believe we are scamming? I genuinely do not understand that part.

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

I never asked for forgiveness nor am I looking for your sympathy -- I was simply owning up to the mistakes that we've made, and being candid about how we are trying to juggle this thing the best we can at the moment. I got myself into this mess, and I will get myself out of it.

If you want to be critical about how this has all played out, that is perfectly fine with me -- and fair. But please help me understand what you believe we are scamming? I genuinely do not understand that part.

Zach you took money from investors.................right? Did that work out for them? Do you still have those funds? Were promises to the investors kept?

Make promises, take money, don't fulfill promises=scammer

It shouts dishonesty when you say you don't understand how people feel scammed. Or you have totally lost the plot and are clueless. Either way, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe you can do the job needed to make this coin work.

Let the coin die. Don't let the charity get dragged down by your greed or pride.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:14:47 PM

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

Zach you took money from investors.................right? Did that work out for them? Do you still have those funds? Were promises to the investors kept?

It shouts dishonesty when you say you don't understand how people feel scammed. Or you have totally lost the plot and are clueless. Either way, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe you can do the job needed to make this coin work.

Let the coin die. Don't let the charity get dragged down by your greed or pride.

So let me just get this straight. You truly believe that I would dump thousands of dollars into this project, put my name on it, go through all the effort of registering a NPO with California, spend even more money on a media campaign, and then tell the developer to purposely mess up the math on the block payouts just for the sake of burning through a few thousand dollars and to have a good laugh?

If the community wants to let the coin die, that is up to them and not so much up to me or anyone else on our team. Right now I am focused on giving this coin the best chance of making a full recovery that I can -- and then it is up to you and the rest of the community to decide what to do with it from there.

If you don't want to be a part of it now, or in the future -- that's alright -- but you are just wasting your time trying to convince me to just walk away from this. If that makes me prideful, so be it.

Xardas2014

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:34:55 PM

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

So let me just get this straight. You truly believe that I would dump thousands of dollars into this project, put my name on it, go through all the effort of registering a NPO with California, spend even more money on a media campaign, and then tell the developer to purposely mess up the math on the block payouts just for the sake of burning through a few thousand dollars and to have a good laugh?

If the community wants to let the coin die, that is up to them and not so much up to me or anyone else on our team. Right now I am focused on giving this coin the best chance of making a full recovery that I can -- and then it is up to you and the rest of the community to decide what to do with it from there.

If you don't want to be a part of it now, or in the future -- that's alright -- but you are just wasting your time trying to convince me to just walk away from this. If that makes me prideful, so be it.

Are you having a laugh? You talk about you putting thousands in the project, what about the investors? Didn't they put in quite a bit more than you? But who is holding the money? Who is trying to play the sympathy card?

In the IRC when the community was trying their asses off to save this shit, the only person claiming to be a "dev" was crypto. It was painfully obvious a new wallet had to be coded even after Vox busted his ass to try and help. I said we needed a new wallet coded ASAP and was told by crypto that if I wanted to PAY for it personally, a new wallet would be made. I left the chat and dumped several million coins and have advised all people to stay away from this coin.

When shit hit the fan and we had forks out the ass we asked Kelvin to do his fucking job and get the chinese miners on the right fork. He laughed and couldn't be bothered to do it.

Those are but two examples.......a coding dev that didn't give a shit, a community manager that didn't give a shit.............and you Mr. Zach  were MIA for an eternity...............until the community(Voxelot) saved the coin.......then you came running back to take charge again.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:46:35 PM

Thanks Matthew.

Thanks again,
Zach

Are you having a laugh? You talk about you putting thousands in the project, what about the investors? Didn't they put in quite a bit more than you? But who is holding the money? Who is trying to play the sympathy card?

In the IRC when the community was trying their asses off to save this shit, the only person claiming to be a "dev" was crypto. It was painfully obvious a new wallet had to be coded even after Vox busted his ass to try and help. I said we needed a new wallet coded ASAP and was told by crypto that if I wanted to PAY for it personally, a new wallet would be made. I left the chat and dumped several million coins and have advised all people to stay away from this coin.

When shit hit the fan and we had forks out the ass we asked Kelvin to do his fucking job and get the chinese miners on the right fork. He laughed and couldn't be bothered to do it.

Those are but two examples.......a coding dev that didn't give a shit, a community manager that didn't give a shit.............and you Mr. Zach  were MIA for an eternity...............until the community(Voxelot) saved the coin.......then you came running back to take charge again.

So is there something specific you would like me to address? You name it, and I would be happy to -- but we seem to be going in circles...

sandisk007

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:51:03 PM

Zach and the CleanWater Team,
Thank you for sticking with this.  Everyone makes mistakes (except for Xardas2014), it takes people with integrity to take ownership of the mistake and find the solutions needed to resolve the situation.  You are a REAL charity.  No other crypto can say that.  Thanks for keeping us updated.
Cattjones

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:55:07 PM

You're so kind ..
I do not understand what is the meaning now get this coin?
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

Thank you for sticking with this.  Everyone makes mistakes (except for Xardas2014), it takes people with integrity to take ownership of the mistake and find the solutions needed to resolve the situation.  You are a REAL charity.  No other crypto can say that.  Thanks for keeping us updated.

You are not understanding. Zach didn't take ownership of the mistake. He hid like a frightened schoolgirl for over a week in total silence while the falling walls were being held up by other people. Once the walls were somewhat stable, he comes back in to claim the credit.

I readily admit I make mistakes, and one of the biggest was backing this coin.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 10:44:17 PM

Thank you for sticking with this.  Everyone makes mistakes (except for Xardas2014), it takes people with integrity to take ownership of the mistake and find the solutions needed to resolve the situation.  You are a REAL charity.  No other crypto can say that.  Thanks for keeping us updated.

You are not understanding. Zach didn't take ownership of the mistake. He hid like a frightened schoolgirl for over a week in total silence while the falling walls were being held up by other people. Once the walls were somewhat stable, he comes back in to claim the credit.

You must not of been in IRC, or reading the forums -- because we were in both places and not a day went by without one of us checking in on IRC or posting on the forum. I was personally communicating with BrianB and Vox when they were working on the wallets -- and never at anytime did I ever try to take credit for what they did.

Please refer back to our OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.0
Also, perhaps you missed this from a week ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.msg6167252#msg6167252

So again, if you would like me to address something specific to help alleviate whatever it is you are feeling -- I am more than happy to. Ask away!

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:51:05 PM

Please stop wasting your time and energy on that guy. He is just trolling. Its obvious he has other motives and he can care less about Watercoin. We all rather see you put your energy on Watercoin than feeding the trolls.

So again, if you would like me to address something specific to help alleviate whatever it is you are feeling -- I am more than happy to. Ask away!

BrianB

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:25:07 PM

I'd just like to know if there's some nodes I can add so my wallet can sync and if there's going to be an updated wallet soon to solve this. Then I can get back to mining and waiting for Proof of Stake and watching the coin grow Smiley

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

I'd just like to know if there's some nodes I can add so my wallet can sync and if there's going to be an updated wallet soon to solve this. Then I can get back to mining and waiting for Proof of Stake and watching the coin grow Smiley

We've gone almost a full 24 hours of mining this cloned coin without being able to reproduce the TX bug, so I think updated wallets being released within the next couple of days is pretty realistic. I will have a much better pulse on that after we chat with our developer tonight or tomorrow morning.

BrianB

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:31:53 PM

We've gone almost a full 24 hours of mining this cloned coin without being able to reproduce the TX bug, so I think updated wallets being released within the next couple of days is pretty realistic. I will have a much better pulse on that after we chat with our developer tonight or tomorrow morning.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the network move ahead!  Thanks for all the work!

Xardas2014

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:55:43 PM

You must not of been in IRC, or reading the forums -- because we were in both places and not a day went by without one of us checking in on IRC or posting on the forum. I was personally communicating with BrianB and Vox when they were working on the wallets -- and never at anytime did I ever try to take credit for what they did.

Please refer back to our OP: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.0
Also, perhaps you missed this from a week ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.msg6167252#msg6167252

Zach, seriously...............man up dude. You dam well know I'm not a troll. Any fucking idiot can read back through this thread and see how I was supporting the coin and my thoughts when shit hit the fan. I was in IRC almost constantly, but you and the other devs were no where to be found. You and Drops might come in for a few minutes, never say a fucking word, and leave.

I personally got SuchPool to give it another try after Vox cobbled together a wallet. Dedicated, SuchPool, and many others had simply got fed up and deleted the coin. I talked with all the guys in IRC, eth2, Bittrex-richie, Vox, etc. trying to keep it together. You were not around, so you don't have a clue. For your arrogant ass to say I wasn't in IRC and didn't read the forums really pisses me off.
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:24:17 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 01:23:45 AM by Xardas2014

nvm
jajunk77

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:45:44 PM

nvm

GO AWAY. You don't like the coin, don't mine it or participate. Why are you wasting your time on here, no one cares what you have to say.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:56:41 PM

nvm

GO AWAY. You don't like the coin, don't mine it or participate. Why are you wasting your time on here, no one cares what you have to say.

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: