Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MatthewBCF

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:49:17 PM

<cut>

Well PM me or put it here - Either way the worst case is I can't cover it all.  As to who should foot the burden, I see it as a non-altruistic means to an end to step in..IOW - The happier the community is the better chance we move things forward.  If that means dropping some WATER to someone who cared enough to re-raise the issue, then so be it.  I'm not a hero, just selfishly interested in seeing the project get somewhere useful.

So send the screen and let's see what I can/can't do Smiley

To put my WATER where my mouth is, I wasn't able to cover the whole loss for him.  Hopefully however I made a big dent for crypto_ripper and ideally other's will follow suit if they believe his claim is just.

So that my talk isn't just "cheap" => Transaction ID: 7d791226010527cceeebe1b0da90ad54c1667bcd2e3b72d11a08516b9a194527

CWC Community:: I chatted with crypto_ripper.  I think he has a legitimate loss of over 100K coins from the old pool.  I know it sounds very high on the surface, but I also think that he has been polite and not trying to scam anyone for the many weeks this issue has been open.  

=> As everyone can see I put up 25K to his address (WATER/5nxkmqZEVtUkTtCfnxBzPY5WYzobEp24C2) which is the dest in the transaction above.  

I am asking the community to help cover the other 75K lost.  If you don't want to then just move on.  If you think it is a collusion or scam between him & I, then I can't say anything to sway you over this issue open for many weeks.

Admittedly the pool admins should've worked this out already, however as I noted earlier I think the most important thing is that the image of the community is strong and supportive and that means taking care of the problems collectively.  

Crypto with a purpose :: WATER / DGB / REDD / ECC / NOBL / EMC2 / SHARE
mattymatt813

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:44:00 PM

I compiled the windows wallet from the github repo myself -- and it is behaving better. If anyone wants to try it, I uploaded it to www.rejectmining.com

Usual disclaimer: you will have to resync the blockchain!  Make sure you backup your wallet.dat first -- and make new backups regularly!

Thanks for making this. Been using this for the past few days and wallet issues appear to be gone!
crypto_ripper

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

<cut>

Well PM me or put it here - Either way the worst case is I can't cover it all.  As to who should foot the burden, I see it as a non-altruistic means to an end to step in..IOW - The happier the community is the better chance we move things forward.  If that means dropping some WATER to someone who cared enough to re-raise the issue, then so be it.  I'm not a hero, just selfishly interested in seeing the project get somewhere useful.

So send the screen and let's see what I can/can't do Smiley

To put my WATER where my mouth is, I wasn't able to cover the whole loss for him.  Hopefully however I made a big dent for crypto_ripper and ideally other's will follow suit if they believe his claim is just.

So that my talk isn't just "cheap" => Transaction ID: 7d791226010527cceeebe1b0da90ad54c1667bcd2e3b72d11a08516b9a194527

CWC Community:: I chatted with crypto_ripper.  I think he has a legitimate loss of over 100K coins from the old pool.  I know it sounds very high on the surface, but I also think that he has been polite and not trying to scam anyone for the many weeks this issue has been open.  

=> As everyone can see I put up 25K to his address (WATER/5nxkmqZEVtUkTtCfnxBzPY5WYzobEp24C2) which is the dest in the transaction above.  

I am asking the community to help cover the other 75K lost.  If you don't want to then just move on.  If you think it is a collusion or scam between him & I, then I can't say anything to sway you over this issue open for many weeks.

Admittedly the pool admins should've worked this out already, however as I noted earlier I think the most important thing is that the image of the community is strong and supportive and that means taking care of the problems collectively.  

Thank you for your support. I'm really taken aback by it; I mean you don't even know me yet you sent me the water coins and the Devs have blamed this on a Rogue miner.

This really shows that the community is actually more committed and supportive of the CWC project than the devs. Maybe the community should take over the day to day runnin gof this project?
I mean come one devs; it's your coin, take some responsibility and lead to bring confidence in the coin.
I'm sure there are others who have had coins not returned to them in much the same way, but they probably gave up on this coin which is why we don't hear much from them.

The coin is worth peanuts right now, so I don't think anyone would be "scamming" for coins; although I am becoming more skeptical about the devs now. Also due to the way it has been ran and bee unstable I don't think it will pick up again. I mean, let's be real, what does this coin have that is revolutionary to make it a success? The donation feature alone is really nothing special or innovative. There are many copycat coins out there and many junk coins which are pretty much the same as this.

Apart from bitcoin, there are a few decent coins such as NXT which is original and the that may rise in price but not this one. Doge coin is a junk coin too, but 2 things which I think has kept it stabe is the fact that it was the original meme coin and they have put alot of marketing efforts into it such as raising money for the Jamaican bobsleigh team.

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:46:51 PM

This coin has had MUCHO problems. So what? So do a lot of other coins.

What matters is the POTENTIAL the coin holds for future value increase. The coin, despite the coding issues that borked the launch/wallet, retains the potential to be a very good coin. The marketing potential is huge, the numbers of coins are right for a SAT increase with any newfound adoption by fresh investors, and it has yet to be vetted on a larger exchange (which is a good thing at this point).

This coin started rough, but will do well if devs come through with current plans. If they don't, THEN this coin will have problems. Luckily, they have been steadily working on issues and have been much more active with updates, which is a good sign that the coin has a life ahead of it.

If I didn't think all of that was true, I would cash out now. I actually re-invested when the price came down a bit, and am confident that it will rise again with adoption.

That being said, I, like all the rest of you, am eagerly awaiting updates on the technical side, how/when marketing will resume, and if the devs have expectation of pushing the coin to other exchanges when it is ready to go.

I am sure I am not the only one with a close eye on this coin. It could explode in a very short period of time with the very thin sell walls in place right now.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:57:00 PM

Things are a bit quiet right now, but a storm is happening behind the scenes with all these latest changes. Things are looking awesome, and we are all confident that WATER will become significantly more valuable than what you see today -- just need a little bit more time to prove so Wink

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

Things are a bit quiet right now, but a storm is happening behind the scenes with all these latest changes. Things are looking awesome, and we are all confident that WATER will become significantly more valuable than what you see today -- just need a little bit more time to prove so Wink

Would like to have more information of what its behind the scene. Im a bag holder but i need to say that im little bit scary about the wallet issues and the delisting of WATER on Mintpal. Can you give us little more information. Thank you very much and continue you great job !!

PS: Do we have confirmation from Mintpal that they will add the coin when we arew ready?? Its really not cool if we return to the bottom of voting list !!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
MatthewBCF

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:24:09 AM

They say in real-estate that value is determined by 3 things: location, location, location.

In so many other areas, the adoption curve is actually not done by the "best" of anything. 
It can be the FIRST.  It can even be the last sometimes if the best..But usually it is:

BRAND [Marketing] BRAND

WATER has bad brand history, slowing being wiped out though.
WATER has incredible brand potential, which simply needs intelligent leadership to capitalize on it.

In fact, WATER has one of the highest brand potentials of any other coin right now.
  => What person would say "no, I don't think people should have clean water."

Won't happen...The potential to market adoption & usage is easy with a little know-how, patience, some luck sure, and timing.

Once the bumps are ironed out, confidence restored for longer than days at a time, then it is a marketing landslide.

Meanwhile I keep buying the under-valued happily - Sellers are free to keep selling low, please don't stop on our account.

As for crypto_ripper's loss, I still think others need to step up.  I know I am not the only one who can fart out 25K to put their coin where their mouth is about long-term viability.  Smiley  I will never mention this again on his case.

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:15:43 AM

I think you should provide us a little bit of information with regards to this, to build in more confidence. If you cannot share it in the forum, perhaps on IRC chat for this specific coin.
Thanks.
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:40:59 AM

Are we on moon already or still on Sahara desert dying of thirst? :-) When does my wallet starts staking and dropping some extra fresh water? It's been unlocked for ages already and still nothing.
Ammon

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:51:43 AM

Are we on moon already or still on Sahara desert dying of thirst? :-) When does my wallet starts staking and dropping some extra fresh water? It's been unlocked for ages already and still nothing.

haha..

did you wait 20 days?
clockers25

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:48:59 AM

This coin is dead correct? 

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:22:33 AM

I think you should provide us a little bit of information with regards to this, to build in more confidence. If you cannot share it in the forum, perhaps on IRC chat for this specific coin.
Thanks.

We have a call with the new group tomorrow afternoon (5/22), in which we will be discussing the best plan of action and schedule to move forward. We promise it will be worth the wait, but understand 100% how annoying it can be to wait for this. As soon as we have a concrete direction and plan in place, we will be updating everyone here.

Also, after tomorrow's meeting, we plan on announcing some dates/times to hold regular IRC discussions with the community. Wether this is once or perhaps twice per week in the beginning -- we do feel like that is an integral part in helping to provide a better line of communication between our team and our community, and most importantly -- it allows us a platform for all of us to brainstorm and work together to achieve what we set out to do over a month ago.

Good news is coming Smiley

SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:14:47 AM

haha..

did you wait 20 days?

20 days? Damn. I don't think so. Do I have to have the wallet unlocked for 20 days nonstop without even restarting PC? Or the time 20 days is calculated for the time when wallet is unlocked? So if for example I keep my wallet unlocked 12 hours a day, then basically staking starts after 40 days?
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:18:34 AM

haha..

did you wait 20 days?

20 days? Damn. I don't think so. Do I have to have the wallet unlocked for 20 days nonstop without even restarting PC? Or the time 20 days is calculated for the time when wallet is unlocked? So if for example I keep my wallet unlocked 12 hours a day, then basically staking starts after 40 days?

You lost me there, but here is the POS details:

POS Rewards: Fixed 8% beginning at block 7001-500,000
                      Fixed 7% beginning at block 500,000-1,000,000
                      Fixed 6% at 1,000,000-2,000,000
                      Fixed 2% at 2,000,000+

POS Schedule: Coins mature after 20 days

MatthewBCF

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:55:07 PM

This coin is dead correct? 

So far from it..I think most of us recognize it is just getting it's legs.

MatthewBCF

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:57:40 PM

haha..

did you wait 20 days?

WATER's POS "coin age" accumulates regardless of the wallet being open.  You can wait for 20 days then open it if you like.  If the coin were POS only I wouldn't recommend this if you hold a lot of water, but that is a different topic.

Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:36:23 AM

Coinwater, can you please answer this simple question please. What mintpal exactly said when they delisted WATER from voting list ?? Did they say they will add the coin when we are ready or they will add again the coin at the bottom of the voting list ?? Thank you

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:32:30 PM

Dev suggested some time ago that it is perhaps speaks of mintpal that water will come out of turn.  Smiley
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 11:13:47 PM

New Wallets & Source Coming The Week of June 1, 2014

Our New Developer
We are excited to announce the new hire of Costas (MindFox), our new coin developer that has been working with us for the past couple of weeks. Costas has been developing for many many years, and has recently been brought into help many other coins in the past few months.

Costas has already successfully built and tested the 0.1% donation feature that Kassado and Cryptowest were unable to do. As some of you know, we paid Kassado 2BTC to build this feature a long time ago and then he decided to just walk away with the money without any explanation as to why. We then spent the next 3 weeks trying to flag him down -- some of you even tried to help us reach out to him -- but after weeks of trying to get a hold of him and giving him every benefit of the doubt, we decided to move on. So last week Costas shared his screen with each of us and we all watched in excitement as he transferred around coins with 0.1% of those coins being successfully transferred into the charity wallet!!

Next Steps
We are currently wrapping up the last set of features and final wallet testing this up coming week and then here is a list of things that will be rolled out the week of June 1st:

1. 0.1% Donation Feature
This is the charity feature that will donate 0.1% of coin movement (auto payouts, manual payouts, & transfers / trading) to the Clean Water Coin Charity Wallet. This wallet will then be used to help raise money for our charity: water campaign that can be found here: https://my.charitywater.org/digital-drop-initiative-the-launch and for ongoing support of the coin.

2. New Wallets
• Advanced coin control -- which will allow you to choose the coins source during payments (retain the coins that have the largest coin age for maximum PoS income)
• Addition of a new "donate" button that some of you have requested a while back (which will exclude the 0.1% feature) -- to allow users to donate WATER straight from their wallet to the charity wallet
• Brand new compilations where we will no longer have any of those syncing issues

3. Weekly IRC Community Chats
We would like to set up weekly meetings on our #CleanWaterCoin channel. We recognize that many of you are on in multiple time zones, so perhaps everyone can propose the best time for them and then we will try to be as flexible as possible. Let us know what works best for you.

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: