Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046626 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 02:13:42 AM by FallingKnife

So, what's going on with the timewarp attack/fork?

We're moving deliberately, but the wheels are turning.

I've been in contact with UNO exchanges, including Mintpal and Cryptsy, to introduce them to the idea.

We still need a comprehensive list of active UNO pools, and a volunteer to lead the charge to reach out to each pool when the hardfork client is available.  

Soopy will need to work it into his busy schedule.

The UNO community should remember to tip Soopy generously for his work in making Unobtanium more secure and the wallets a better experience for newcomers.

Soopy's UNO tip address is in the OP, and here:
uW9XivXdwE9VVtBKYubnTzFgfwZP2hJpFN

(but its always best to get it from the OP) Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:37:49 AM

i am working on a special service for uno. I want to show you. This will not be starting before the fork since i won't take that risk. But after fork this could become a reality if the community wants it. Check out my proposed service for the backing of uno with real physical silver:

http://yourhorst55.tumblr.com

if other trustworthy members of the community would set up similar services (they need to be regularly tested by others of course and must be honest and should not operate on fractional reserve) then we would have achieved decentralized backing what could be potentially huge for uno since no other coin has reached that goal so far. I am doing this to raise the image of uno and possibly its value.
The page is just a proposal thus far. Check it out and give some feedback.
The service would stay up under any marketconditions and would only be temporarily unavailable in case of war or natural desaster in my area and it will only be shut down if i was about to leave crypto (notice would be given before) or in case of my death. So the backing would be as real as it gets.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:50:06 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 07:19:20 AM by Benefactor

I like this idea a lot.  I could cover some, too, but have too many barriers to entry on this one.  Being in the US, I'm not willing to take any risks right now that could be misinterpreted as challenging the corrupt government, here, then prosecuted by 'legal' thugs.  Run a business, here? - forget it!

I bother to spell out my position on this, because I bet there are TENS of UNO holders who have silver and could offer the same service, if it were easier for them to do it (website/access set-up, etc.), if they could retain anonymity (who wants to be a target for anyone these days?) and if they had the courage to stick their necks out in a nasty political environment, but they aren't even willing to spell this out like I am.

I think you should do what you are proposing, and others, too, but long-term integrity will be critical for success.

I think a much more practical solution would be to have a trusted escrow service/exchange where Unobtanium is regularly traded for Silver (Ag).

A really healthy exchange, which we've actually already had in our history of Unobtanium, if you've been paying attention, would have Un sometimes traded for more than the UNO-BTC-USD Price of Ag, "above market value".  This is the case when a, usually newer, UNO supporter is accumulating Un and has an excess of Ag.  The rest of the time, trusted, proven Ag suppliers trading for Uno would offer their service for the usual premiums associated with other similar trades.

Once a healthy market Ag-Un, Un-Ag is established, we will accomplish all of our goals with respect to supporting Un with real precious metals, and protecting all parties in the escrow process.

I've already experienced this with BTC, so I know it can be done!

P.S.  Under no circumstances, should we consider Ebay/Paypal, as they have a nasty back-handed way of consistently screwing cryptocurrency market participants out of their funds~!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:06:40 AM

BitMit would have been really great for this, RIP.

I've kept track of a few other sites, I AM NOT ENDORSING ANY OF THEM, NOR CLAIMING THEY HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION, but this is all I know about right now.  We could contact them about accepting Un, or our Unobtanium community could set-up a new one, preferrably decentralized, if possible.

https://coinmkt.com/#/
http://www.picca.co.uk/
https://cryptothrift.com/
http://coingig.com/
http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/sites.php?catid=4&subcatid=28

To entice any merchant and facilitate adoption, we have
https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=home
...And for the dreamers, try to convince these guys to start working with Un:
https://bitpay.com/

I have used these last two with BTC, and it takes a few weeks to actually get your physical PM's delivered, but they are reliable with a good reputation:

http://www.coaex.com/
http://coinabul.com/

Really, IMHO, Ag is practically a 'currency', so hypothetically, we could convince ANY exchange to start to trade real Ag for Uno, to start this with Unobtanium.  This would be really great from the more reliable exchanges, like crypsy or BTC-E, but, yes, I know, it's late, and I should go to bed, now, as I'm already dreaming.

Smiley

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:27:22 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 07:40:53 AM by Benefactor

Just a kooky thought:

What happens when people in a depressed Unobtanium market offer Ag 'above market value' to participants who transfer Un that have been HELD IN AN ADDRESS FOR, let's say, 8 months?

It's a reward for people contributing with the 'buy-and-hold' strategy!

-

It could be like a long-term offering, too.  Set in escrow as a reward.  Once the price drops in volatility or other market mechanisms, the prize is still there for 'vested' participants AT THE HIGHER PRICE~!

-

I would totally throw up 10 oz Ag @ 0.005 Un/BTC -Ag/USD market value equivalent right now, if it were easy.  Actually, I'd probably even go to 100 oz, since I wouldn't mind picking up a few more Un right now.  BitMit would have been great, but currently, there isn't a single escrow service that I'm aware of that I trust.  (Whatever happened with Koolio escrow?  He might do these things for us??? or is that a dead thing, now, too?)

-

...And think of the value of Un with these long-term holder 'prizes' if Ag's price ever took off!!!  Un would march up in value right there with it, and keep on going, as people could still be setting these 'prizes' up.

I think we are really onto something revolutionary, here.  This just might work.  Thoughts???

-

If you got an ounce of silver leave an ounce.
If you got a kilo of Unobtanium take an ounce.  Smiley

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:43:13 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 10:25:16 AM by Philogus

Hi all. I had a few quick questions that I think might inspire some thought and reflection in our UNO community. I also have a couple of comments:

Coin------Current Price (USD)-----Fully Committed Lead Developer/Advocate----- Website---------------
Bitcoin$ 441.72Gavin Adresen (non-anonymous) http://bitcoin.org/
Noirbits$ 0.004541Huh (anonymous)N/A

Why is there such a big difference in price between the two coins in the table above?
One coin has a fully committed leader who inspires confidence in times of doubt. The other coin had a leader who ran and hid when the going got tough.

1.) Unobtanium.io still has the 0.9.29 wallet available for download though Soopy has created an updated wallet:

• If you were a new investor to UNO, would the apparent organization of the UNO community make you feel that we were run competently or incompetently?
  • I was once taught that poor planning leads to poor performance. Is ANYONE actually sitting in a dark room and strategically planning out the future of Unobtanium? Or are we just winging it as we go along?
  • How are we going to prove to new entrants to UNO that Soopy's wallet is secure/reliable?
  • Is Soopy going to add a team of developers (hopefully with some  non-anonymous members on the team) to build confidence in the new wallet prior to the hard fork?
  • Where are we going to host the new wallets if we can't get them on Unobtanium.io? Surely we don't expect new users of UNO to come to a forum to download the latest version.
2.) The oustanding number of UNO on Coinmarketcap has been stuck for 3 weeks because the block explorer at Rockchain.info has been stuck at block 310211 for 23 days.

• If the operators of Rockchain.info and Unobtanium.io are not fully committed to making UNO a success, is it possible for us the have someone else build a site/block explorer that IS fully committed?

This is just my 2 cents, but I think that UNO will NEVER hit its stride until we have at least one non-anonymous face among the core developers. That is why people have long-term faith in BTC, LTC, DOGE etc: someone has PUBLICLY put his or her neck on the line and said: I will support this coin NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

UNO is a fantastic coin, but I think that this is the ONLY thing holding us back from making it to the next level. Once we have a core development team with at least one CREDIBLE, HIGHLY COMPETENT, and NON-ANONYMOUS face, then all of these other fantastic ideas that we are coming up with can really take off. Also, we need a website that is fanatically maintained, preferably by someone who is suffering from a little bit of OCD. Finally, we need real LEADERSHIP. We need someone (again hopefully a non-anonymous figure) who is willing to give us:
a.) a uniform direction,
b.) a clear long-term vision, and
c.) measurable, consistence, and reliable results.

Soopy might be that person. I sincerely hope that he is, but I am not yet 100% convinced. I DO know that Soopy CANNOT do it all by himself. It would be nice to see some people step up and fix some of the obvious problems. Let us please get a RELIABLE website/explorer going, and I think that we are in dire need of actual long-term strategic planning for UNO's continuing development in a step-by-step fashion. I think that this planner should ideally be a non-anonymous public figure who has a very strong reputation. This minimizes the chance that the person or people will choose to disappear when things get rough.

compadre

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:00:00 AM

btw, i just downloaded the new mac version of Unobtanium-qt, but it did not open due to the following problem:
same problem here. anybody got the new wallet running on mac? i am running on 10.9.2
Philogus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:20:14 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 10:33:45 AM by Philogus

btw, i just downloaded the new mac version of Unobtanium-qt, but it did not open due to the following problem:
same problem here. anybody got the new wallet running on mac? i am running on 10.9.2

This problem highlights and illustrates the point that I was trying to make in the previous post: 1 developer cannot handle all of the problems that come up with a coin, no matter how good they are. Being anonymous makes it too tempting to quit to escape the pressure. I think that we need at least 3 full-time developers who are fully committed to UNO. 5 would be ideal. At least 2 of the 5 should be non-anonymous to give people confidence that UNO will be supported, and will not disappear like Noirbits did.

I personally think that we are just spinning our wheels until we solve this fundamental problem. I think that our main focus should be on:
  • Having a fully committed core development team [NOT DONE].
  • Having a good-looking website [DONE] that is constantly maintained up-to-date [NOT DONE], making the latest source AND binary versions of the UNO client available for download: Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android [NOT DONE].
  • Have a good-looking block explorer [DONE] that is reliable, and kept running properly 99.999% of the time [NOT DONE].
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:30:45 PM

I like this idea a lot.  I could cover some, too, but have too many barriers to entry on this one.  Being in the US, I'm not willing to take any risks right now that could be misinterpreted as challenging the corrupt government, here, then prosecuted by 'legal' thugs.  Run a business, here? - forget it!

I bother to spell out my position on this, because I bet there are TENS of UNO holders who have silver and could offer the same service, if it were easier for them to do it (website/access set-up, etc.), if they could retain anonymity (who wants to be a target for anyone these days?) and if they had the courage to stick their necks out in a nasty political environment, but they aren't even willing to spell this out like I am.

I think you should do what you are proposing, and others, too, but long-term integrity will be critical for success.

I think a much more practical solution would be to have a trusted escrow service/exchange where Unobtanium is regularly traded for Silver (Ag).

A really healthy exchange, which we've actually already had in our history of Unobtanium, if you've been paying attention, would have Un sometimes traded for more than the UNO-BTC-USD Price of Ag, "above market value".  This is the case when a, usually newer, UNO supporter is accumulating Un and has an excess of Ag.  The rest of the time, trusted, proven Ag suppliers trading for Uno would offer their service for the usual premiums associated with other similar trades.

Once a healthy market Ag-Un, Un-Ag is established, we will accomplish all of our goals with respect to supporting Un with real precious metals, and protecting all parties in the escrow process.

I've already experienced this with BTC, so I know it can be done!

P.S.  Under no circumstances, should we consider Ebay/Paypal, as they have a nasty back-handed way of consistently screwing cryptocurrency market participants out of their funds~!

glad to hear you like it. When it comes to the legal framwork i would have to do some homework on that before starting it. My service would not involve fiat so it could be fairly easy to find a legal niche somewhere and possibly don't even need to declare buisiness on that one if the real turnover is not too big but i need to do further investigation on the matter and possibly seek advice from a lawyer befor taking further steps.
Escrow of some sort could maybe implemented but would require the metal to be shipped twice (once to the ecrower and then from the escrower to the recipient).
I am a longterm holder of uno and don't intend to sell out in the near or midterm future so longterm integrity would be there.

I think the more services involving exchange of Un for Silver or even Gold the better. Other members of the commuity could offer similar or even totally different services.
When it comes to an exchange  (free market) of Uno2metal i would not know how that should be done in an easy way since the participants would have to exchange their assets in a safe way. So that could be potentially a lot of work for the exchange since every single trade would need escrow. But that doesn't mean it can't be done. If someone is commited enough it surely could.

All in all i think the more trustworthy and reliable services are built around uno involving exchange for physical metal the better it will be for the coin. We would have prooven the point that uno is no vapourware and here to stay. As these services continue to operate and earn trust uno itself would be trusted more. We need to make sure of course that no scams happen and everything is legit.
As i said: before the proposed service could go live there are still several miles to walk.
Let's aim for the mid/longterm to make Uno 'the ultimate cryptocommodity'. To have Uno tied in several different ways to precious metals should be a good first step in that direction.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:53:09 PM

This problem highlights and illustrates the point that I was trying to make in the previous post: 1 developer cannot handle all of the problems that come up with a coin, no matter how good they are. Being anonymous makes it too tempting to quit to escape the pressure. I think that we need at least 3 full-time developers who are fully committed to UNO. 5 would be ideal. At least 2 of the 5 should be non-anonymous to give people confidence that UNO will be supported, and will not disappear like Noirbits did.

I personally think that we are just spinning our wheels until we solve this fundamental problem. I think that our main focus should be on:
  • Having a good-looking website [DONE] that is constantly maintained up-to-date [NOT DONE], making the latest source AND binary versions of the UNO client available for download: Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android [NOT DONE].
  • Have a good-looking block explorer [DONE] that is reliable, and kept running properly 99.999% of the time [NOT DONE].

+1

a dev-team of at least 3 would be good at this point. There is a lot of work to be done.

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:18:49 PM

I've tested the mac wallet on 3 different Macs and they all work perfect. Smiley But I will look into try to close recreate the issue on the Macs to see why this is creating issues.

I will also update the source code to fix the time wrap issue and will post a fix after discussions with FallingKnife on a suitable time of release.

This should increase the value of UNO even more. Smiley

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
soopy452000
Legendary

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:21:26 PM

+1

a dev-team of at least 3 would be good at this point. There is a lot of work to be done.

As you know my friend I'm very committed to this and this statement comes out as if you do not have faith in my work and in direction tone of not appreciating my time and effort I'm putting towards UNO and all what I have and will be doing and devalues everything I've committed towards UNO. Sad

This is a way to tell me not to further engage in UNO developments?
Please elaborate.

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:53:14 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 04:10:42 PM by voluntarist500

+1

As you know my friend I'm very committed to this and this statement comes out as if you do not have faith in my work and in direction tone of not appreciating my time and effort I'm putting towards UNO and all what I have and will be doing and devalues everything I've committed towards UNO. Sad

Please elaborate.

~SoopY~

no,no. Absolutely not. If you think you can do it all alone it is very good. I thought maybe you could need some help. But if you think you can do it all alone and don't need help i will take that back of course. Please go for it. I have trust in you.
When ever you need someone to your side to help you with all the work let us know. I am (we are) here to support you to the fullest at all times.

Philogus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:56:24 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 04:14:51 PM by Philogus

+1

Please elaborate.

~SoopY~

Hi Soopy!

No, not at all! I, and I think the entire UNO community, are EXTREMELY grateful for you and for the work that you have done and continue to do. What I am trying to say is this: UNO cannot make it to the next level with you alone. We need at least 2 to 4 more people JUST LIKE YOU. The disorganization and lack of commitment in other parts of the project UNDERMINE YOUR WORK. For example, you worked extremely hard to build a new wallet, yet the person or persons who could test the new wallet and put the new wallet on the existing website don't appear to be really committed to the UNO project. When the main block explorer for UNO gets turned off with no explanation, that undermines your work.

I have worked on A LOT of teams before, and this kind of lack of commitment from some parts of the team does NOT work. You are a true blessing to this project, but I DO NOT think that you are getting the full level of support that you need. You should NOT have to do every task necessary for UNO to thrive. Someone else that is committed to the project SHOULD be able to reliably maintain a website and a block explorer. You should just be able to release source code on Github, and be confident that another trustworthy member of the UNO community can RELIABLY, PREDICTABLY, and SYSTEMATICALLY build binaries for the most popular operating systems.

What I am asking for is for more people like you.

However, to build confidence in new UNO buyers, we need to have at least one public face who is not anonymous. If you look at ALL of the successful coins, there is at least one credible public figure who speaks for the coin. For Bitcoin, it is Gavin Andresen. For Litecoin, it is Charles Lee. For Dogecoin, it is Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer. It is okay for YOU to remain anonymous, but we need at least one figure in the UNO community to be:
a.) a person who is very public about their true identity.
b.) a figure who's technical prowess with cryptography and programming are well-documented and well-respected.

Ideally, we could use a second public person who is very good at marketing. You could lead all of these people from the background, but people will not invest significant amounts of money into this coin if ALL of the people behind it are anonymous. It's basic human psychology. People will NEVER trust a project where the people behind the project could simply disappear with no accountability. This is especially true in the cryptocurrency community that has been burned badly more than once. Nefario WAS a public figure and he STILL burned a lot of people, and so did Mark Karpeles. Here is how people will look at it: If the people behind the coin do not even have enough faith in it to stand up, reveal their true identity, and be willing to deal with the consequences if their work is found to be deficient, then why should I invest my hard-earned money in their currency?

For all we know, Satoshi is still communicating with Gavin Andresen. It does not matter, because Andresen and his team inspire confidence in the coin. So all that you need to do is to form a team around you with at least one public, competent, well-respected figure who can be the face of UNO.
Philogus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

+1

Please elaborate.

~SoopY~

Soopy, don't feel discouraged. You are doing FANTASTIC work! We are just going through the natural growing pains that any coin goes through. Just take what I have said, and think about it.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:13:35 PM

Bryce might be interested in helping out.  He's a good dev, unanon, and heavily invested in UNO so it would be in his interest.   Don't know if he follows this thread or not.  IF you do Bryce, say hi.

vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

i asked him on twitter if he was interested and his response was: "I've never been asked, but I would consider it. I've forked all my coins from UNO and have great respect for TGOO."

sent him the link to this thread. 
soopy452000
Legendary

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:09:48 PM

+1

Please elaborate.

~SoopY~

Soopy, don't feel discouraged. You are doing FANTASTIC work! We are just going through the natural growing pains that any coin goes through. Just take what I have said, and think about it.

Satoshi was anonymous , he built Bitcoin look where it is now , we are still unable to locate where his or who he is. Smiley

It's not much about the Dev's identity it's his dedication towards the coin , how much he puts into it and care for it , rest is propelled by the community behind it trusting and seeing his dedication.
I know quite a lot of people kicking themselves for not being interested in Bitcoin when Satoshi showed it to the world , I believe they are kicking themselves for not trusting his work just because he was anonymous. Smiley Trust comes from what you see , not what you expect to see.

As per your suggestions , I'm ready to step aside and I have informed FallingKnife will post the final updates before doing so.

~SoopY~

Working/Online Times

Philogus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:52:38 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 11:24:49 PM by Philogus

As per your suggestions , I'm ready to step aside and I have informed FallingKnife will post the final updates before doing so.

~SoopY~

Hi Soopy!

If you read through all of my posts CAREFULLY, you will see that I NEVER called for you to step aside. What I said is that we need a public non-anonymous face alongside you to be the face of UNO. Until we do that, people will not be willing to invest SERIOUS cash into UNO. If Bitcoin were still being developed only by Satoshi, and Satoshi was still anonymous, there is NO WAY that Bitcoin would be at the value that it is today. Gavin Adreesen and the public members of his team gave to new currency credibility because there are well known computer programmers on that team. Charles Lee was a well known employee of Google before he created Litecoin. Venture capital firms would certainly not be investing millions of dollars into Bitcoin businesses if all of the people developing it were anonymous.

Let me quote what I said specifically:
It is okay for YOU to remain anonymous[/b], but we need at least one figure in the UNO community to be:
a.) a person who is very public about their true identity.
b.) a figure who's technical prowess with cryptography and programming are well-documented and well-respected.

Please reconsider stepping aside. WE NEED YOU, but we also need a public figure to be the face of UNO if UNO is going to rise to 1 BTC each and beyond. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin etc still all have many developers who remain anonymous, but I think that all of the major cryptocurrencies have at least one highly vocal "cheerleader" who is not anonymous. Sunny King, the creator and lead developer of Primecoin remains anonymous, but Vitalik Buterin of Bitcoin Magazine provided a lot of good press coverage of Primecoin to help propel it into the spotlight. Buterin really put his reputation on the line to become a cheerleader for Primecoin. We need that too. We need a Charles Lee, Andreas M. Antonopoulos, or someone else of that caliber to publicly say:
  • Unobtanium is a fantastic investment!
  • Unobtanium is secure.
  • Unobtanium will be around for decades to come.

The question is this: how do we inspire the level of confidence in someone of that caliber to stick their neck out for us and make that kind of statement? Not by having our main block explorer turned off for more than 3 weeks when that directly affects the displayed market cap of our coin on the largest cryptocurrency market analysis tool.

Soopy you are not the problem AT ALL. The fundamental problem is that many of the people who started UNO abandoned it without giving a logical reason. This makes their motives suspect, and we will not gain mass levels of trust until we start to do things differently. You have undertaken level 1 by fixing the wallet. The next level is to update the wesbite with the new client, turn the block explorer back on, and to start PROMOTING UNO.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:55:52 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 11:49:36 PM by FallingKnife

There's been some great discussion here. I am THRILLED to see all of the ideas and excitement surrounding UNO.  

Look where we were just a month ago.  Look where we are now.

Community is SO important to the success of any coin. I've always known that UNO had a passionate community. That's one of the reasons I invested xx% of my UNO back into this coin.

I look at the UNO price...  Hanging around. .048.  WTF?  What a bargain.  .005 for a coin where there is less than 185k and will EVER be 250k.
Where there is active PASSIONATE community.
Where there is ACTIVE and CARING Dev.
Where there are TOP exchanges trading UNO.
There are POWERFUL miners fighting over an ever decreasing reward.
Where there WAS a fair start.
Where there IS a 7 month history and fairplay (poor AsiaCoin), which means lower risk
Where there are NOT an infinite number of coins being dumped onto the market by disinterested miners (infinite DOGE? No thanks)
Where there IS a way for business to accept this currency (cointpayments.net)
Where there ARE services like paper wallet and gambling (cryptap.us/uno/paperwallet, cryptap.us/uno/dice )
I'm GLAD you are thinking about a new UNO website. That's awesome. Go DO IT!
I'm HAPPY there's talk about hiring 3 full time Devs! Let's pay SoopY a full time wage and then hire 2 more Devs.   God, does that show optimism about UNO!
I LOVE the commodity backing idea of UNO... what a interesting "outside the box" idea!

I it said before... YOU are the "U" in UNO.  This is YOUR coin.  Put it up and make it happen!  Lead and we will follow. This is a community driven coin.  You can make it happen with UNO.  

We're super fortunate to have SoopY working with us. He already solved several UNO wallet issues. He's helping people with problems in this thread. AND he's nearly finished the Fork that will protect UNO from timewarp attacks.

I've been in touch with exchanges.... Cryptsy and Mintpal are aboard with a fork.  I have been the one slowing things (not SoopY), because it's crucial that we get this right. We CANNOT misfire on a fork. I am a software company owner, and (sadly) I have misfired on releases and it sucks, big big time to fail on a release. The exchanges will not tolerate it (did you see how many exchanges quickly dumped AC?).   WE as a community will NOT misfire on a UNO fork... but that means we need to go deliberately. We can't just say "Here it is!"  We need to prepare the stake holders.  

I've asked for someone to volunteer to identify and help manage our active Mining Pools. Will you be that person?  Because we CANNOT fail our miners. Someone needs to be the trusted face to our mining community. Will it be you?

Will you also be that person to donate generously to SoopY for his work?  He cares about UNO, but he needs to live, too.  What about our other 2 proposed devs?   Will you also be generous to them? We don't have a UNO pre-mine to pay them with... this is a community effort so we will all need to put up.

One thing that would make it easier to pay for UNO development is if UNO were more valuable.  Since UNO is our currency, why is it so cheap?  We need to get this coin up to reflect it's actual worth. With all it has going for it, with all the rarity, services, community and active development, I really believe we should be up nearer to .01.  I am going to buy another 500 UNO over the next 2 weeks (or sooner). I hope you'll join me in getting this coin back to where it should be.  

For all it's assets, you (the community) are it's biggest asset.  I'm so glad you are in the UNO community. Let's make it happen!  And I am not proposing "Pump & Dump."  But clearly, UNO is seems very undervalued for its assets, community, network and services. The floor should be .01, imo.  That's where I value it.

If you're willing to lead UNO, or contribute time, or help, or donate, or cheer/post/write/comment we can take this coins places where Wolong never dreamed.

Please don't hear this post in a facetious or skeptical internal voice. Rather, add-in the excitement and optimism that I truly feel about UNO, and that I sense that you also feel.  Or why would any of us be here? There's something special about UNO -- U-kNOw it.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: