Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046626 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MORFEO

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:48:46 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 02:38:53 AM by MORFEO

http://siliconangle.com/files/2013/05/big-fork-sculpture.jpg

HI GUYS!

I like UNO and your community !
 I thing to buy UNOS ,but can somebody please give me more info about this hard fork . it is a little scary for me. I am newbie  Smiley

what is the safest way to upgrade mi wallet when the new one is ready ?
 Jest need backup old one and  download the new wallet ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

btc deposits and uno withdrawals are both currently down at cryptsy. Switch to mintpal until they resolve their issue is recommended.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:20:20 PM

HI GUYS!

I like UNO and your community !
 I thing to buy UNOS ,but can somebody please give me more info about this hard fork . it is a little scary for me. I am newbie  Smiley

what is the safest way to upgrade mi wallet when the new one is ready ?
 Jest need backup old one and  download the new wallet ?

Hey there, welcome to uno.
Hardfork is normally not a problem. We will get a date by which we all need to switch to the new client. You back up your wallet.dat, install the new client, let it sync and then put in place the wallet.dat again. You should be fine then. In some cases you need to delete and redownload the blockchain. Just make sure your wallet.dat-file is backed up correctly.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
keats3

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:39:09 PM

Saving a back up copy of your wallet.dat is the most important thing because it holds all your coins.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:39:32 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 01:16:50 AM by FallingKnife

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Post. Image. Of. Dump.  Undecided

Don't make me moderate!! I hate that. Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

Yeah not exactly a joke I'm proud of, sorry for that. It was a boring weekend I guess.

I was thinking of this dump though, before my inner 13-year-old took over:

The live drama/commentary on Twitter was quity a show...

Back to UNO though, any news on Cryptsy withdrawals? I tried yesterday and failed.  Sad

Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

Yeah not exactly a joke I'm proud of, sorry for that. It was a boring weekend I guess.

I was thinking of this dump though, before my inner 13-year-old took over:

The live drama/commentary on Twitter was quity a show...

Back to UNO though, any news on Cryptsy withdrawals? I tried yesterday and failed.  Sad

Has anyone submitted a trouble ticket? I would think that they would to resolve this pretty quickly. I checked Big Vern's tweets, and there is no mention of problems withdrawing and depositing UNO. They might not even know about the issue yet until someone tells them.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:50:24 AM

Hi everyone!

I wanted to present an idea for everyone's consideration. We have recently been talking about building a new website at Unobtanium.uno. What do you guys think about making the new website more interactive? Perhaps the site could feature blogs by FallingKnife and other community leaders. How about moving this thread from Bitcointalk to a dedicated forum on our own new website?

I am most familiar with Drupal, but all of the major content management systems have all of this functionality built in: Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla etc. This would help to give UNO investors and people who want to learn more about UNO a central place to learn about UNO, find places to spend UNO, make friends, and interact with the UNO community.  Smiley

I've started forwarding Unobtanium.uno to Unobtanium.io so we can at least start to refer to the new domain as the community domain. Eventually we'll get someone to build a great site on unobtanium.uno, but its just easy to forward it for the moment.

Nostr:
voluntarist500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:06:57 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 05:26:01 AM by voluntarist500

hang in there. This is not zetacoin. Uno-community doesn't spread false information to pump the coin like many others do. It is on us to give uno a honest image. We need to deliver on promises and don't spread false rumours. Uno is no smokescreen and also no vapourware. It is a solid investement and here to stay. I think that strategy will greatly pay off in the long run.

About cryptsy:
They told me to clear cache, delete cookies and restart my computer before they realized the problem is with them. They should be aware now. Support told me they are updating the wallet. But no eta on that.

learminer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:01:22 AM

hang in there. This is not zetacoin. Uno-community doesn't spread false information to pump the coin like many others do. It is on us to give uno a honest image. We need to deliver on promises and don't spread false rumours. Uno is no smokescreen and also no vapourware. It is a solid investement and here to stay. I think that strategy will greatly pay off in the long run.
Not to derail the topic, but I actually don't hold that crash against Zeta. It was pretty epic to watch though. Any coin can be played like this, the coin and core Zeta community are allright. That whole "going to africa or just a scam" drama was blown out of proportion by a certain group of people and they have made a lot of profit through FUD. Daily swings of 20% on a high volume coin can be immensely profitable.

Trading UNO right now is very hard though. Hardly any profits to be made. Similar for plenty of existing alts though. The new launches seem to get all the attention these days.

About cryptsy:
They told me to clear cache, delete cookies and restart my computer before they realized the problem is with them. They should be aware now. Support told me they are updating the wallet. But no eta on that.
Thanks for letting us know, keep us updated.

learminer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:07:55 PM

Just tried withdrawing from Cryptsy again, still no luck. Getting an "unexpected server error". Guess they're still working on it. Is UNO really this "exotic" by now that they don't notice or even mention this somewhere? Imagine this happening to Doge.

voluntarist500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

i am in contact with support. They seem to have had mayor problems on a lot of wallets over the weekend. Support told me they'll keep me in the loop so i will post here when it is back to normal. They seem to be very busy atm with cleaning up from the weekend-issue.

voluntarist500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

working on several things in the background. We will make sure this coin is a success. Bumps in the road have to be expected but will not stop us.
FK is a great communityleader and i am there to help with stuff also aswell as others. Uno has a bright future.
Will. not. rest. before. we. are. not. on. coindesk. and. trading. above. .05btc.
Only a matter of 'when' not 'if' we are getting there.
right now: Don't ask what UNO can do for YOU, ask what YOU can do for UNO  Wink

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

I wanted to give you guys an update on the Fork.  With your permission, I would like to delay it for a while.

UNO is running well, and this is a precautionary enhancement (i/e uno is not in a crisis). Still, forking is a huge effort, a big deal, and it has to go 110% correct, and can't be taken lightly.  I'd like to have more time to prepare, test and make sure that everything is going to work.

I'm not placing any blame for the delay, except on myself for pushing things along a little too fast.  In my own business, we often have to delay software releases to get things right. We'll catch hell for being late, but its still much better to be late than to fail.  I understand; this is your (our) money at stake.

Soopy has done a lot of work, but as you know he supports several coins. He's a shared dev. Another coin he is supporting at this moment undergoing a massive algo shift with huge changes; it needs a lot of close attention, and he is consumed with that right now.  Rather than press him hard to deliver a new UNO wallet for you today, I would rather wait, have his full attention, make sure that testing is not rushed, get you guys involved in testing, and then when we're satisfied we'll aggressively roll it out together. Like you, I don't want to roll out anything that isn't 110% ready.

I hope you're OK with this delay (how long? At this moment I'm not 100% sure... best guess 2 weeks?). 

I'm sorry for jumping the gun last week. It seemed a wallet was imminent and I started to ramp you all up a bit early. The work we've already done will put us that much farther ahead when we're ready to roll.

FK.

Nostr:
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:02:32 PM

I wanted to give you guys an update on the Fork.  With your permission, I would like to delay it for a while.

UNO is running well, and this is a precautionary enhancement (i/e uno is not in a crisis). Still, forking is a huge effort, a big deal, and it has to go 110% correct, and can't be taken lightly.  I'd like to have more time to prepare, test and make sure that everything is going to work.

I'm not placing any blame for the delay, except on myself for pushing things along a little too fast.  In my own business, we often have to delay software releases to get things right. We'll catch hell for being late, but its still much better to be late than to fail.  I understand; this is your (our) money at stake.

Soopy has done a lot of work, but as you know he supports several coins. He's a shared dev. Another coin he is supporting at this moment undergoing a massive algo shift with huge changes; it needs a lot of close attention, and he is consumed with that right now.  Rather than press him hard to deliver a new UNO wallet for you today, I would rather wait, have his full attention, make sure that testing is not rushed, get you guys involved in testing, and then when we're satisfied we'll aggressively roll it out together. Like you, I don't want to roll out anything that isn't 110% ready.

I hope you're OK with this delay (how long? At this moment I'm not 100% sure... best guess 2 weeks?). 

I'm sorry for jumping the gun last week. It seemed a wallet was imminent and I started to ramp you all up a bit early. The work we've already done will put us that much farther ahead when we're ready to roll.

FK.

better have a proper and permanent solution than rushing and introducing more issues with the haste +1
learminer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

FK.

Don't worry, a few weeks will not matter at all. As you said, no need to rush, the UNO network is currently in good health.

voluntarist500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:31:52 PM

cryptsy-wallet is back up

walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:21:35 PM

Hi everyone...

I'm new to the world of mining currencies, and kinda like the pool I'm using to mine Unobtanium... I'm getting decent hash rates, and initial impression is quite good... However...

I tried downloading the OSX installer from the unobtanium website and as soon as I tried to run it, it crashed... Has anyone else had this, and is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Hi everyone...

I'm new to the world of mining currencies, and kinda like the pool I'm using to mine Unobtanium... I'm getting decent hash rates, and initial impression is quite good... However...

I tried downloading the OSX installer from the unobtanium website and as soon as I tried to run it, it crashed... Has anyone else had this, and is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to crypto, and to Unobtanium!

There is a newer Mac wallet. Download it from the opening paragraph (OP) of this discussion. Let us know how it works for you.

Nostr:
walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:27:15 PM

Hi everyone...

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to crypto, and to Unobtanium!

There is a newer Mac wallet. Download it from the opening paragraph (OP) of this discussion. Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks! Being a relative luddite, I gotta work out how to install and configure that one - I used the old installer version before!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: