Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:34:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 05:22:01 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 05:43:40 PM by four3200

Why is that good?  What's the rationale for a higher value always being better?

How much does it cost?

That's the rationale.

How much value can I store on the network for $1 for 1 day?

For $1 the network will hold around $10000 on BTC, ETH, bcash, DASH ... chains.
*I think it is really revealing that these chains are remarkably even stevens*

For $1 the network will hold around $500 on others.

For $1 the network will hold around $35000 on the UNO chain.

That's bottom line, hard core business, stuff, and it wins over time.

You have to pay the piper, or in crypto, the miners are the labor, a daily cost.

So which chains are effective and efficient?  

BTC, ETH, bcash, DASH, but UNO is superior by X3.5 ... a great coin to STORE VALUE.  

Which is math, matters of fact, validating UNO as a true and an excellent store of value.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 09:30:40 PM

check out the newest uno-fficial news about uno here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium

Got Newbie Questions about $UNO? Ask us here. We won't judge you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium/comments/32vpcg/got_newbie_questions_about_uno_ask_us_here_we/

---

Tradefada crypto exchange is all-in with Unobtanium.

---

New Block Explorer By Tokenview!

http://uno.tokenview.com

Latest block info and on-chain data charts!
JavaScrypt

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:03:52 AM

New Coinmarketcap

https://www.coinlore.com/mineable-coins

UNO is ranked in the TOP 40 mineable coins  Grin
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:22:21 AM

Why is that good?  What's the rationale for a higher value always being better?

How much does it cost?

That's the rationale.

How much value can I store on the network for $1 for 1 day?

For $1 the network will hold around $10000 on BTC, ETH, bcash, DASH ... chains.
*I think it is really revealing that these chains are remarkably even stevens*

For $1 the network will hold around $500 on others.

For $1 the network will hold around $35000 on the UNO chain.

That's bottom line, hard core business, stuff, and it wins over time.

You have to pay the piper, or in crypto, the miners are the labor, a daily cost.

So which chains are effective and efficient?  

BTC, ETH, bcash, DASH, but UNO is superior by X3.5 ... a great coin to STORE VALUE.  

Which is math, matters of fact, validating UNO as a true and an excellent store of value.

That is an assertion not a rationale.

When the UNO reward schedule was changed that number would have changed massively (for the worse according to your assertion) - what was your view then?

It is an interesting calculation but I am unconvinced it is really meaningful, nor how it actually reflects the suitability or otherwise of a medium to store value.

I would suggest for most people the measures of store of value are things like consistent/predictable value over time, liquidity, ease of transaction, etc. which I do not think are reflected in this calculation.
four3200

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 02:41:13 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 04:59:10 PM by four3200

"things like consistent/predictable value over time"

Let's look at that.

Take the same list of coins, anything Top20 in cap.

Look at the ATH/ATL ranges.
Look at the 52wH/52wL range.

Which is consistent?  
*ETH is 10% of ATH
*BTC is 25% of ATH
*UNO is +50% of ATH

So
which coin is nearest all time high?  *hint UNO neared $125 today!
which coin is fallen the most?  *hint ZEC

Also you could easily throw out the spiky/peaky ATH/ATL over the last 52w and UNO is looking at $125 top $75 bottom $100 middle cycle.
In the same timeline LTC goes +$300 top to $22 bottom.

This indicates that consistent/predictable value over time definition.

But 'consistent' also depends on age since genesis block, so EOS or TRX are not old enough to claim 'consistent' value.

And 'predictable' is another term UNO may qualify for, it seems to pre-dict the direction of the general market.

My point is that Value stored for $1/day is a solid metric.  
unit of measure (not unit of opinion).

Your point is slightly subjective but yes the term Store of Value is going to be open to many opinions:

-consistent/predictable value over time (volatility)
-certain liquidity amounts
-certain level of market capital
-cost/reward fees
-cost/trading fees
-cost/marketing
-other stuff?

---
T:DR;

UNO community needs to invent and formulate and then promote the term Store of Value;
it is not ours alone, not yet Wink  

So that means identifying the hard factual variables like Value stored for $1/day and others so that the argument of UNO being SoV stuff is near unanimous to the clear thinking and rationale mind.  

Not hype nor promise but measurable facts.

tertius993

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:17:53 AM

"things like consistent/predictable value over time"

Let's look at that.

Take the same list of coins, anything Top20 in cap.

Look at the ATH/ATL ranges.
Look at the 52wH/52wL range.

Which is consistent?  
*ETH is 10% of ATH
*BTC is 25% of ATH
*UNO is +50% of ATH

So
which coin is nearest all time high?  *hint UNO neared $125 today!
which coin is fallen the most?  *hint ZEC

Also you could easily throw out the spiky/peaky ATH/ATL over the last 52w and UNO is looking at $125 top $75 bottom $100 middle cycle.
In the same timeline LTC goes +$300 top to $22 bottom.

This indicates that consistent/predictable value over time definition.

But 'consistent' also depends on age since genesis block, so EOS or TRX are not old enough to claim 'consistent' value.

And 'predictable' is another term UNO may qualify for, it seems to pre-dict the direction of the general market.

My point is that Value stored for $1/day is a solid metric.  
unit of measure (not unit of opinion).

Your point is slightly subjective but yes the term Store of Value is going to be open to many opinions:

-consistent/predictable value over time (volatility)
-certain liquidity amounts
-certain level of market capital
-cost/reward fees
-cost/trading fees
-cost/marketing
-other stuff?

---
T:DR;

UNO community needs to invent and formulate and then promote the term Store of Value;
it is not ours alone, not yet Wink  

So that means identifying the hard factual variables like Value stored for $1/day and others so that the argument of UNO being SoV stuff is near unanimous to the clear thinking and rationale mind.  

Not hype nor promise but measurable facts.

Nice to have a proper discussion about these things.

The problem with the "value stored for $1" metric is it is simply coin supply inflation presented in dollar terms - you need to also make a case for why this is meaningful in terms of store of value.  It may well be but as a $ number it has no direct relevance to someone holding UNO.  They don't get "charged" $1/day for holding $35k worth of UNO in any meaningful sense.  Moreover, it is a "solid metric" only until the next halving or other change in the emission schedule.

Current value vs all time high seems to me a much more interesting number, though I suspect to be truly valuable you'd need to measure and show variance over time.

I still say you need to start with a definition of "store of value" and then we can have a debate about how different assets compare against that definition.  Though probably we'd also have a debate about the definition!
four3200

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 11:37:27 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 03:10:06 PM by four3200

"They don't get "charged" $1/day for holding $35k worth of UNO in any meaningful sense."

Yes HODLrs do get charged.  Eventually the miners dump (to pay for their costs).
The statement is Always TRUE, the timeline is the bitch to predict.

I've seen projects defy the laws of emission gravity for years, but eventually it Always wins.

UNO never held 'Hype' status, but it obeyed the laws of emission, it maintained a low cost POW schedule.

Go back to 2013 and see how it has slowly yet steadfast climbed past the competition, I maintain the reason is costs.  The algorithm did not mint $10000s per day for the miners.  So the SoV_property is directly correlated to the emission schedule.  

Also important is that the UNO emission schedule is at perpetual or matured rate, it will not half ever again, and this makes for a much more predictable SCALE-ing up model, the other half and half again ALT experiments have not fared well, so BTC/LTC/etc may have a serious issue come 3 halvings out, whilst UNO captures the majority share of sha256 pool hash, simply because it has consistent rewards (forever) and new sha256 chains (like bch/bsv) fracture the total hash power into camps.

AuxPOW allows for a venn diagram of how the sha256 pool allocate their hash ... UNO is the shared over lap, central point of consensus.  

And enterprising forward thinking pools could, with a bit of creativity and sense of survival, raise and support UNO to incredible levels.  

Because they manufacture/produce BTC/bch/bsv and collect AuxPOW windfalls.  

Step 2.

Pegged coins are a bit of a scam.  The bitcoin miners could easily start to utilize the AuxPOW windfalls as a kind of more honest preformance range "peg", since the underlining credit is governed by they who profit from receivership of the reward.  This creates a situation where UNO, and all Auxsha256, in the distant future, maybe considered as a lending vehicle to the bitcoin miners.

So ... a LAW ... Eventually the miners must sell (to pay for their costs).
Couple with ... Investors buy with creditor mindset, hold until miners are flush with BTC (their product), to buy/pay back the loan.
*Notice that puts AuxPows inverse relation to btc/bch/dgb

Auxsha256 coins will be a larger collective marker.  But backed up by the btc/bch/ppc/dgb/bsv jurisdictions.

tertius993

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:50:02 AM

"They don't get "charged" $1/day for holding $35k worth of UNO in any meaningful sense."

Yes HODLrs do get charged.  Eventually the miners dump (to pay for their costs).
The statement is Always TRUE, the timeline is the bitch to predict.

I've seen projects defy the laws of emission gravity for years, but eventually it Always wins.

Note my bolding - even if correct the fact the timescale is highly unpredictable and makes a cost/day figure rather meaningless in my view.

I put $35k into UNO for a month - where should I send the $30?

UNO never held 'Hype' status, but it obeyed the laws of emission, it maintained a low cost POW schedule.

Go back to 2013 and see how it has slowly yet steadfast climbed past the competition, I maintain the reason is costs.  The algorithm did not mint $10000s per day for the miners.  So the SoV_property is directly correlated to the emission schedule.  

I agree it is an important characteristic, however, I don't agree it is directly correlated or the sole factor ... I think you have to look much more broadly at the coin otherwise other low emission coins would also be performing similarly (RonPaul coin anyone?).  It would be interesting to see data comparing a range of coins and their emissions schedule

Also important is that the UNO emission schedule is at perpetual or matured rate, it will not half ever again, and this makes for a much more predictable SCALE-ing up model, the other half and half again ALT experiments have not fared well, so BTC/LTC/etc may have a serious issue come 3 halvings out, whilst UNO captures the majority share of sha256 pool hash, simply because it has consistent rewards (forever) and new sha256 chains (like bch/bsv) fracture the total hash power into camps.

AuxPOW allows for a venn diagram of how the sha256 pool allocate their hash ... UNO is the shared over lap, central point of consensus.  

Two bolded points:

Firstly it won't change again unless it is decided to change it again ... its already been changed once no reson to suppose it can't be changed again.

Secondly take a look at the charts on this page - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!extraction - and tell me again that UNO captures the majority share - yes it has a lot of hash and whilst it changes a little bit - basically one or two entities totally control UNO mining.  The orphans chart is also worrying ... there's quite a bit of chain re-organising going on.

Step 2.

Pegged coins are a bit of a scam.  The bitcoin miners could easily start to utilize the AuxPOW windfalls as a kind of more honest preformance range "peg", since the underlining credit is governed by they who profit from receivership of the reward.  This creates a situation where UNO, and all Auxsha256, in the distant future, maybe considered as a lending vehicle to the bitcoin miners.

So ... a LAW ... Eventually the miners must sell (to pay for their costs).
Couple with ... Investors buy with creditor mindset, hold until miners are flush with BTC (their product), to buy/pay back the loan.
*Notice that puts AuxPows inverse relation to btc/bch/dgb

Auxsha256 coins will be a larger collective marker.  But backed up by the btc/bch/ppc/dgb/bsv jurisdictions.

Don't really understand what you are saying here - what do you mean by "pegged coins"?

Overall I think merged mining is a bit of a mixed blessing, yes it means considerable hash can be aimed at a coin but I suspect it also means those who control that hash are rather indifferent to the merge mined coins.
JavaScrypt

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:24:57 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2019, 05:55:10 AM by JavaScrypt

ASIC burns hot Grin
https://i.redd.it/apa672mpxlt21.jpg

Uno moves up
https://i.redd.it/1pm5z052tbu21.jpg
mikeoxhard

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:59:51 PM

whats going on with uno telegram chat have i been banned?
four3200

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 04:02:39 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2019, 10:07:49 AM by four3200

It would be interesting to see data comparing a range of coins and their emissions schedule
https://www.f2pool.com/coins
see PoW produced / 24

Firstly it won't change again unless it is decided to change it again ... its already been changed once no reson to suppose it can't be changed again.
The code is cemented.
Any hardfork would become the 'bcash' spin-off, but yes a Gorilla miner could try.
REASON: chaos >> to many exchanges, coindirectories, BEs to re-ORG
REASON: this community is ardent NO FORK, the aupow-emmissions was the exception and was the right move, else this chain would be marketcap $200k today, just another RPC or CBX that has faded out.

Overall I think merged mining is a bit of a mixed blessing, yes it means considerable hash can be aimed at a coin but I suspect it also means those who control that hash are rather indifferent to the merge mined coins.

mixed blessing, yes
why?
those 500 PH/s Gorilla miners

the key is getting to them take ownership (responsibility to support the child they are adopting);
if they like gettin $125/uno; THEN don't 51% attack

in the future (my prediction) is that the AuxPOW will be more secure than stand alone bch/bsv/BTC pows

high hash low cost
Un is #1
Hash Rate = 5.9 (EH/s)
Cost: $1 /block

ASIC burns hot Grin

https://coinswitch.co/info/unobtanium/what-is-unobtanium

four3200

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 05:13:50 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2019, 05:00:30 PM by four3200

https://youtu.be/CiQ874ZuIno?t=503
Abuja Lagos $UNO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi6r3hZe5Tg
singapore $UNO

four3200

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 03:31:15 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2019, 05:57:18 PM by four3200

UNO / LTC

cryptopia :: still unavailable
tradetoshi :: caution
nlgexchange:: https://www.nlexch.com/markets/unoltc

---
https://freiexchange.com = The owner of this website (freiexchange.com) has banned your IP
WTF?  Huh
anyone else?

---
97% Owned (Money Documentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9GaefmamM
[a basket of currencies]=$uno=[btc,etc,ltc,$,nairi?,euros,usdt,bullion,doge,xrp..more to come]

---

pretty
very pretty Grin

four3200

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 09:07:53 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2019, 10:02:48 AM by four3200

ATH (in $fiat dollar price/market cap $33M)
hit for the 4th time
since sept 10 2017

(btc is only punching above $7500 now twice, and very shy from the ATH)
:: that's 4 to 1 (if you keep score)

---

irrational exuberance?
#FAKE_MONEY
https://youtu.be/PUB3pFA_RBA?t=536

then seek the rational & reasonal & seasonal STORE of VALUE

open decentralized censor-not public global +[fair proven]
https://youtu.be/qlAhXo-d-64
The Five Pillars of Open Blockchains - Andreas Antonopoulos

miscalculated burn rate / ourbegining / the light bulb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMKNUylmanQ
Jeff Bezos: The electricity metaphor 2007

Kluge
definition, a software or hardware configuration that, while inelegant, inefficient, clumsy, or patched together, succeeds in solving a specific problem or performing a particular task.

answer; bitcoin/c++ codex projects, et al.  NOT eos nor trIx nor a buttered Cardano.

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/Unobtanium-UNO
https://coin.market/crypto/uno

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 09:03:55 PM

Cryptopia announced yesterday that they will liquidate the exchange.  Here is the text of the press release from their website,  https://cryptopia.co.nz

Press release
15/05/2019

David Ruscoe and Russell Moore from Grant Thornton New Zealand were yesterday appointed liquidators of Cryptopia

Despite the efforts of management to reduce cost and return the business to profitability, it was decided the appointment of liquidators was, in the best interests of customers, staff and other stakeholders.

The liquidators are focused on securing the assets for the benefit of all stakeholders. While this process and investigations take place, trading on the exchange is suspended.

“Given the complexities involved we expect the investigation to take months rather than weeks.”

The liquidators are also working with independent experts and the relevant authorities with regards to the company’s obligations.

Grant Thornton will be contacting all customers and suppliers about its appointment in the next few days.

Further enquiries, please email liquidation@cryptopia.co.nz

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 09:07:30 PM

UNO lead developer Bryce Weiner has updated Unobtanium-Official github.

The updates include the addition of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to UNO, which will improve atomic swap functionality on BlockDX.

https://github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium

Nostr:
four3200

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 02:57:41 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2019, 03:28:56 PM by four3200

Be aware that Tradesatoshi is not reliable nor safe place to trade

Let me know how I can help others know about this exchange stealing  coins.

How do I report the loss here so people know Tradesatoshi will steal from you

You can also spread the word in coin-communities, to which you belong, and forums. Users and coin developers should be aware that Tradesatoshi is nor reliable nor safe place to trade.

Some useful links about Tradesatoshi-scam to read and spread:

four3200

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 03:13:30 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 06:07:24 AM by four3200

Good News

FallingKnife_
11 days ago

UNO was just added to Nova Exchange hours ago!
https://www.reddit.com//r/Unobtanium/comments/bmxjwf/nova_exchange_adds_unobtc_market/

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_UNO/

Sorry USA traders Undecided
But novaexchange does have a good reputation that is several years tested.
And extends the international branches of UNO into the Scandinavian / European realms.

UNO lead developer Bryce Weiner has updated Unobtanium-Official github.

The updates include the addition of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to UNO, which will improve atomic swap functionality on BlockDX.

https://github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium

good stuff
DEX is where it at!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5141350
list of DEX

Green = Good
https://i.imgur.com/YICx69y.png

UNO is an unique instrument to simultaneously measure the value velocity of: BTC,ETH,doge,BNB, and $usd ...
more to come too!

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 01:15:30 PM

The Unobtanium wallet has been updated to 0.10.5 to incorporate BIP65.
This update incorporates CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY which is necessary to continue developing UNO's DEX market on BlockDX exchange.  

BlockDX is a true Decentralize Exchange that implements Atomic Swap trading.  This means that instead of trading "tokens" of coins and being dependent on gateway to exchange your tokens into "real" cryptocurrency, with BlockDX you will actually continue to hold the real private keys to your real currency.  If you want to trade BlockDX, be sure to update to 0.10.5. Old wallets will still work on the network but will cause problems if you try to use them for Dex trading & atomic swaps. Please update so you don't get left behind.

We recommend downloading compiled wallets from the UNO website, https://unobtanium.uno

You can compile your own wallet from Bryce Weiner's /Unobtanium-Official/ github, which is linked to from https://unobtanium.uno

Nostr:
four3200

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 10:44:24 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 11:02:58 AM by four3200

in a higher valley
seeking higher peaks
don't get left behind Wink

---
attention is less on $
more on HASH rate challenge

BTC  55,842 PH/s
UNO 6040.5 PH/s
bch 2186.6 PH/s
bsv 1245.6 PH/s
lcc  6 PH/s

sauce:
https://www.f2pool.com/coins
https://www.coinwarz.com

---
roadmap GOALS jan. 2019

more HASH
better DEX intergration

how we doing?  Cheesy

---
vision of the FUTURE

UNO gets hash from BTC bch bsv ppc lcc et. al. SHA256 mining shafts
In theory $UNO could have more hash than BTC (lofty goal)

---but

Dogecoin (DOGE)
Network Hashrate: 362.85 TH/s

Litecoin (LTC)
Network Hashrate: 336.45 TH/s

How you like them apples?

Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: