Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:18:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046623 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:55:25 PM

bittrex sellorders ... that gap!

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:58:48 PM

Has anyone seen the coin Unattainium?  Huh Are they trying to rip off our name?  Angry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=685126.0

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:20:09 PM

Has anyone seen the coin Unattainium?  Huh Are they trying to rip off our name?  Angry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=685126.0

story of two months ago. It goes:
coin started with blocktime of 3 hours (haha), dev noticed coin would fork and reduced to blocktime 3 seconds (haha)

I think it was a practical joke.

It was pumped once at ccex and was briefly traded higher than Uno (for like 8 hours or so) and had 8btc volume on one day.

I think it is considered a dead coin today like the other 300 coins launched last 3 months. I stoped paying attention to unat.

Just what i was observing.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 11:44:02 AM by FallingKnife

Ok, thanks for the discussion around MintPal and Uno.

If you'd like to see Unobtanium continue to be traded on MintPal we have a little work to do, fast!
Although I'm confident Un will be fine without MintPal, I think the future is just that much brighter if it's part of MP and the Moohla.io payment platform.  Once off of MP, it will be a bitch to get back on.

Here's some steps we can do right now to try and influence their decision about Unobtanium:

Trade
This week, trading Uno on MP is  like casting a vote. Show your support by trading.

Comment
Go and comment on their blog post. Don' be rude, please, but state that you like to trade UNO on MP. Explain that UNO is a rare coin, and sometimes trades in low volume periods between higher volume periods.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/

Contact MP Support
Log into your MP account and open a support ticket, and let them know you want to continue trading Uno on MP.

Tweet
@mintpalexchange
@Moolah_io

From their latest tweets, you can see that coins are still be added to the list. It will be finalized this weekend.
If you want to see Un continue on MP, then we need to let them know NOW.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:58:39 AM

I dunno about mintpal. I toss it around in the ol noggin every now and then. Given the limited availability of uno, is it better suited to a limited number of exchanges? I personally think less is more in this case. If people want it, they will know where to find it.

Due to the flood of garbage coins out there, i don't think being on an exchange is either a positive or negative any more. I really don't see it hurting uno, no longer being on mintpal. Another exchange can easily absorb the daily btc in trade volume. I am iffy on mintpal anyway. Before they came around, paid voting to list coins on exchanges wasn't really heard of, imo. They standardized the practice. That along with the whole vericoin and the enhanced measures on confirmations, good riddance. The site was nice, but i hate this jumping through hoops bullshit. "If you wanna be on our exchange show us how bad.. " I decided to go classy on this one:

……..…../´¯/)……….. (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_…_| .\….\….\…\.\
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./

That is how i feel about uno being on mintpal. I am just going to bring my business to bittrex and continue to use polo. They will be more than happy to eat fees. I don't get the point of no longer offering coins. I can see if they are known scams or something, but because volume is low. I guess there is a certain amount of upkeep on wallets and such that they don't feel is worth their time. Their loss. Mintpal is also dropping potcoin, meeeehhh

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:01:26 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 01:14:46 AM by IMZ

Have opened ticket at Mintpal. Will tweet.

Amendment: I truly feel like a donkey. I want to be seen to be contributing, but I have long thought that Less is More -- perhaps especially for a low-volume coin. Am paying attention.

m
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:12:35 AM

Regardless of your feelings about MintPal, please visit our UNO in house trading group and build up your rep!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757232.0;topicseen

Not just crypto for UNO. Post an offer: trade your baseball cards, precious metals, jewelry, whatever for the amount of UNO you'd like!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:43:30 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 02:34:59 AM by FallingKnife

I dunno about mintpal. I toss it around in the ol noggin every now and then. Given the limited availability of uno, is it better suited to a limited number of exchanges? I personally think less is more in this case. If people want it, they will know where to find it.

You have a good point. And I hope everyone realizes as you do that even if  Un loses MP, it will still be fine. I think MP has a lot of potential paired up with Moolah.io, and it could be good for Uno to be part of that.  But again if it's not, then Uno has other great partners it can work with.  

Uno has a lot going on, and there is going to be another exchange in our near future (AltMarket).   Additionally, C-cex might still be interested in picking up Uno.  

Anyone wanting to help, read this post and do what you can. If you're someone who trades other coins on MP, let them know that you also want to see Uno there.   I think it's worth a shot.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg8660242#msg8660242

We'll know by this weekend.  

Btw, MP has now reduced confirms on Uno deposits from 200 to 100. Still a lot, but much better.

Nostr:
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:34:41 AM

It is a personal pet-peeve of mine, asking people to beg. At least that is how i interpret these situations.

If ya can't see what i see in the coin, then maybe you don't deserve to be a part of it anyways  Grin

Being on mintpal can't hurt uno, at least i don't think so. I know we don't owe mintpal any success, which is why i am somewhat bitter about the whole thing. Although i guess it isn't personal and the volumes are just a little low. Although, aside from a little maintenance cost, shouldn't the cost be minimal to nothing to have the coin listed? I don't know the inner workings but yeah. I always think of exchanges as rather turnkey when you get everything up and running, and they aren't starting from scratch. I do admit i have 0 experience running an exchange so i really have NO clue. I could be way off base here.

The other thing that weighs on my mind about being on a number of exchanges is that if the trading was consolidated, what type of psychological effect it would have on people? Would condensing the market make it seem more appealing to people? Maybe the markets would remain the same at the other exchanges, and we would wind up just losing the volumes from mp?

These type of things don't bother me, i see a silver lining in either case. In all honesty i think being on mp would help uno more than being on a smaller exchange like bittrex or allcrypt. I don't like this 'using people for free advertising through social media' bullshit that takes place these days. That said, i still appreciate the efforts put forth by the members of the community and thanks surely goes out to them for doing so. Even if i don't like it, it doesn't mean i don't stand to benefit from it!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
V500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:33:16 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 06:25:33 AM by V500

about mp: "less is more" - i don't necessarily agree. More markets mean uno more available. Each market can grow on their own. It was said earlier "more markets mean less volume for each" - i wouldn't say so in the long run. At first when introducing a new market maybe that takes a little volume from the other exchanges, maybe. But in the long run each market has potential to grow and more markets will make a higher overall volume than few markets, i believe.
I think there are many people who only trade at one exchange or two exchanges. We shouldn't expect people to go to exchanges where they don't normally trade to buy uno, we should try to make uno available to people as hassle-free as possible i think.
My personal viewpoint of course.

about the blue crypto award:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761806.msg8586388#msg8586388

benefactor, FK and me can only do so much for getting the word out. The promotion certainly needs people talk about it. So if you can give some love to the initiative of the blue crypto award, please do so. Would be good to see more people getting actively involved, more talk about it and so on. Thanks Wink
We certainly need some more nominees too. Feel free to suggest some more candidates.
'The blue crypto award' will also be the first time i know of, where a blockchain is used to have a vote about something. So we have potentially here some pioneer action with voting on the chain.

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 05:36:47 AM

started trading UNO at MP just to show some effort  Cool
V500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:54:24 AM

some more thoughts about the benefit of more exchanges:
more exchanges also mean higher price-stability and make it harder to manipulate for a single player. It's also in the sense of decentralization to have it traded on as many exchanges as possible and makes sure you can rely on being able to trade uno all the time even if one or two exchanges are out of service temporarily. So i am all for more markets, and especially keep those we have alife.

One more: more exchanges open up more possibility to arbitrage and thus attract more traders. The arbitrage will bring additional volume.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:00:31 AM

V500: I find your argument convincing -- that is, that some people might buy UNO on Their Usual Exchange, though not necessarily 'go looking for it.' I think you logic has changed my mind.

The 'Less is More' came from some time ago, when young coins were quite madly oriented to getting listed on more and more exchanges. This resulted -- especially if volume was low -- in big buy-sell splits.

What I will continue to push for is in-house trading/a coolly managed policy on trading. Why? if we can develop a superior culture of analysis and participation everything else will fall into place.

m

P.s.: tee hee hee -- please can we suck the Uran wallet dry over the next five years??
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:35:05 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 09:51:10 AM by Benefactor

Holy cannoli!  I'm floored - I was just browsing through my old files and found this rubicon gem of vintage Unobtanium history!:

See that moonshot?  I paid up to 0.006, knowing I'd eventually make a profit on it, and I did!  I must have been responsible for 3-4 pumps off bottoms, too, all of which has really helped UNO long-term.  We are now consistently steady, higher than those bottoms from our humble beginnings!  I think that low on CoinEx was sub-0.0002, and no, I didn't add an extra zero.

I know at least one more of you have been with UNO from the beginning.

At the time UNO started the very fair mining, I was stuck with over 30+ USB Erupters and dying to find an ROI for the $2,000 I put into 12+? Gh/s.  over that first month or two I sold all of the other cryptos I'd mined to load up on UNO, including BTC, ZET, TGC, etc.

I was so frustrated and annoyed when all the other cryptos got pumped big time, and BTC did, too, and UNO was still in the dungeon.  That's ok, because 'they', the grand cryptomarket, saved the best for last, and after maybe a week or two, UNO finally pumped up, especially after I did that giveaway of maybe 80 UNO to a group of investor-types.  We shot up to 0.02, and that was before wuloog was a twinkle in his dragon mother's eye.  His 'make-it-rain' for (apparently) FallingKnife and certainly me came weeks later after that 0.02 natural investor pump.

Pretty cuul, huh?

When wulong did his thing, I sold lots above 0.016, 0.018, 0.02, and when we started falling, I put up a 1,000 UNO block order at 0.016 sure it would arrest the fall.  THAT'S CALLED BUY SUPPORT!!!  I was sure it would hold for a long time~!  Unfortunately, someone sold me that whole block in a single order!!!

...So I have a right to be pissy when you cheapskates aren't offering sufficient buy support, especially at times I need to make rent.

Smiley  Just being playful.  No worries.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:18:24 AM

Have this, too:

These are screenshot evidence collected when you guys were doing your CoinEx witchhunt.  There was no way these were getting posted when you guys were stabbing in the dark at anything that moved!  Basically, this demonstrates that at least 101 legitimate UNO made it off of CoinEx, since it was in this account for a month before the withdrawal.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:35:01 AM

opened a support ticket with MP and asked nicely to keep UNO on board. i attached one of the new "ACCEPTED HERE" buttons:

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:11:01 AM

@ Benefactor: no, not centralist or authoritarian; but strongly oriented to recognising contribution. If a core of people were committed to a Buy-Support Programme, well, they might suffer small disbenefit; but they could be amply rewarded, over time,  in other ways.

And I re-re-re-crunched the numbers last night -- The Top Sixty:

Mona Coin is the only coin 'above the mark' (of Bitcoin's 'inflection point' on April 10). But it is younger, and much less stable. A couple of other coins that were doing well have slipped.

But Unobtanium's chart is unique. It is the most stable established crypto of any sizeable market-cap.

m
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 11:43:20 AM

Holy cannoli!  I'm floored - I was just browsing through my old files and found this rubicon gem of vintage Unobtanium history!:

Thanks a good story! Smiley  And those prices were at a time when there was probably less than 20k Uno in the world. Since then we've added 170k Un, and bought back the 10k or so stolen from CoinEx.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

Just want to keep this alive since we only have a few days.

If you trade on MintPal and want to continue having access to Uno on MintPal, please read and take action if so inclined. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg8660242#msg8660242

Nostr:
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

...So I have a right to be pissy when you cheapskates aren't offering sufficient buy support, especially at times I need to make rent.

Smiley  Just being playful.  No worries.

haha, yeah, i'm the asshole who never offers buy support.  I swoop in to clear some sell orders and then vamoose;  I just can't bring myself to leave money on any of these exchanges, ever.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: