Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:58:20 PM

Everyone, please stop mining UNO, so FallingKnife and I can get all 15 UNO/day on our block erupters.  Thanks.

how much hashing power do you guys have? or any recommended hash power to start with?

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 09:31:47 PM

If you mine Bitcoin/Uno already and enjoy it, and just like to contribute to the network and like seeing a steady stream of dust to your wallet, then Genesis is awesome. It totally beats running the noisy miners in your house and messing with the software.  They make mining Uno/btc super easy. This is truly a great option for the Uno community.  My Genesis hash will always be on Uno.

I consider the hash I put on Uno to be altruistic.  I don't do it expecting to earn my money back in the short term. Its just fun for me.

I have 250 ghs at Genesis, and am earning about .15 Uno per day.
It will take me about 65 Uno at current prices to break even, or more than a year to mine back my small investment. And that doesn't consider the halving coming in May, 2015.  The bet is that Uno's price will rise way beyond it's current price. I'm also betting that Genesis will succeed long term.

For normal Uno fans, the most gratifying way to to bring hash to Uno will probably be to buy it from an exchange, and raise the price. Smiley  Raise the price up, and make it more profitable so miners will flock to Uno.  This way you can own it today, instead of waiting a year for it to come back to you.  And why not -- these prices are incredibly fair for Uno right now.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Hmmm . . .

if I owned 1,000 Uno -- worth $3,000 today and Heaven knows how much in the future -- and bought a $500 chunk of Genesis . . . that would be a nice balance.

If 50 Uno community members did that . . .

And please please please please pop over to Un-Ex, and have your say about which wallet to use for DVC.

m
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

Everyone, please stop mining UNO, so FallingKnife and I can get all 15 UNO/day on our block erupters.  Thanks.

how much hashing power do you guys have? or any recommended hash power to start with?
This one comment was just a joke.  I don't bother to run my old block erupters, but FallingKnife does, kind-of like a museum might run an external combustion engine for show and entertainment and engineering intrigue.  (Ans.Q1:-32 Gh/s?; FK: unknown Gh/s.  Ans.Q2: I don't know.)

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:49:32 PM

Hmmm . . .

if I owned 1,000 Uno -- worth $3,000 today and Heaven knows how much in the future -- and bought a $500 chunk of Genesis . . . that would be a nice balance.

And please please please please pop over to Un-Ex, and have your say about which wallet to use for DVC.

@ Vector: I am swappin' emails with a Korean crypto colleague -- that is, workin' to get the Asia Thang happenin' -- but if you have any ideas about tying Chinese or other speakers in, go, you!!

m
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 10:47:34 PM by FallingKnife

Hmmm . . .

m

$500 would buy about .75/ths adding about 38 Ths to the network.

Or.... 50 people each spending $500, buying up $25,000 of Uno would raise the price beyond the moon, which would probably have the same effect on the network hash rate.

I'm not saying "don't buy hash."  Uno needs hash. And if you're going to buy it, Genesis is the prefect choice for hassle free mining, and I think the price is really good.  But buying hash isn't the only way to raise the network hash rate. If someone can't buy hash or doesn't want to, they can buy Uno and also have a positive effect on the network in the process.

Mining profitability is a ratio between price & difficulty. It even happens automatically, as sites like Coinwarz and Whatmine serve up profitability stats to mining software that will auto switch to profitable coins.  If we want to see the hashrate go off the charts for Uno, find the price point where it's more profitable to mine Uno than Bitcoin, and buy the price up there. Within probably 30 minutes, you'll see the Uno hashrate explode.

The argment for buying altrustic hash is that Uno needs distributed hash, and we can't always pick the price of Uno long term to encourage mining, whereas this hash will always be there.  

But the argument against buying hash is that 1) you can never ever have enough of it, 2) hash never goes up in value, only down, and 3) if hash is  purchased instead of Uno on an exchange, considering Uno's low inflation (i/e you're not really keeping any significant quantity off the market by mining and hodling with only 15 Un produced each day) it could be driving down the price.

So do what makes sense for you. For me what makes sense is fun, and fun is mining Uno and helping the network. But I do it for fun, not profit.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 10:21:34 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 10:55:56 PM by FallingKnife

Everyone, please stop mining UNO, so FallingKnife and I can get all 15 UNO/day on our block erupters.  Thanks.

This one comment was just a joke.  I don't bother to run my old block erupters, but FallingKnife does, kind-of like a museum might run an external combustion engine for show and entertainment and engineering intrigue.  (Ans.Q1:-32 Gh/s?; FK: unknown Gh/s.  Ans.Q2: I don't know.)

Yes! That's it exactly.  Not far from me is a field where they run old tractors on the weekends in the summer time. They roll out these giant bulky old steam tractors that burn coal, and they plow the field with them. They're dirty, inefficient, slow, and unprofitable, but still amazing. What those guys do with old tractors, I'm doing with some cryto, and for the same reason.

I'm trying to preserve a few select abandoned coins for no other reason than I can, while it's still possible to find the blockchains. It's like a blockchain museum.   Block erupters can be bought on ebay for about $5 now.  You can get a 10 port USB hub  for $20.  I have lots of old computers here, so I just plug it all together and let it run. The electricity costs are low.  Seeing all of these other coins in my crypto ICU, helps me appreciate what makes Uno so healthy: good community, good concept, good devs, good miners, good exchanges, and a little luck.... it all has to come together for a coin to make it their first year.

All of these shitcoins shouldn't all be saved of course (and I know people who would disagree that any should survive), but I also don't think we should tear down all of the old buildings in our cities, or recycle all of the old cars & tractors; they connect us to our past.

I think 2015 will see the irretrievable loss of many of these historical (or hysterical?)  version 1 altcoin blockchains.  Many are completely gone already.   Maybe sometime I'll publish a list of my life support coins and see if anyone wants any. For now, I just keep them a secret so someone doesn't come along and chase the difficulty up a tree, beyond the reach of my 333 mhs block erupter.

I focus on sha coins because its so easy to mine them with asics on one pc.  I have a few scrypt coins in deep standby but I don't mine them regularly.  Other algos are on their own Smiley Too difficult for me to do cpu mining.  Can't save them all... just a few that are not irredeemably flawed.

Nostr:
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:24:35 PM

second mining provider for decentralisation would be cool too
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 10:38:58 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 10:49:43 PM by FallingKnife

second mining provider for decentralisation would be cool too

Yes.  Genesis says they distribute their hash through multiple pools, so that means they are already decentralized to an extent.  I don't know which Uno pools they work with, if any. But if we help make Genesis successful, I think other cloud miners will see that Uno is a solid partner and will also want to add it.

This is from the Genesis faq

You're right though, a second cloud miner would reduce business risk (i/e going out of business, which could evaporate the hash). Genesis-Mining seems like a very strong company, with good service and a professional attitude. I'm very hopeful for their future, and also invested in their hash. I would never have spent any money with them without Uno in their lineup.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 11:00:06 PM

While I am originally from Central America, I came to the U.S. as a babe.  Pretty much born and raised stateside.  I did study some spanish, but I am not a fluent speaker.  Lo siento.

I have a couple of contacts who can translate Spanish, but neither of them have any crypto knowledge whatsoever. Nor, do I think they would be interested in crypto, per se. I will never know until I ask the question.

I can imagine a scenario where we could pay the translator a certain amount per day? / per post? However, we would have to designate someone to coordinate with the translator to answer the specific questions / comments in the thread. My thought is that this could be dis-jointed way of getting the thread started and then hopefully a hero would appear to take over after we "translated" for awhile?

Any thoughts?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:21:40 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 11:56:13 PM by BitcoinNational

I don't recommend a rush into foreign language threads.

The key is finding persons who already are passionate about crypto, PLUS they need to be a fair English speaker in order to communicate with the current core Uno group.  If there is a bounty, or bounties on offer I think this makes it easier to capture a few good hearts and minds.

The easiest method might be to check the other language threads on see who is popular ... count their postings and rank.  Here is and example find of an Indonesian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=338653

Lots of languages to get on board.  This will be a constant job no rush.

even in year 15 of the BTC,2024, at $10,000 a coin will require $6250 per minute of new investments!  The more I know the more I love UNO Cheesy

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

The key is finding persons who already are passionate about crypto, PLUS they need to be a fair English speaker in order to communicate with the current core Uno group.  If there is a bounty, or bounties on offer I think this makes it easier to capture a few good hearts and minds.

The easiest method might be to check the other language threads on see who is popular ... count their postings and rank.  Here is and example find of an Indonesian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=338653

I don't disagree with you. However, I do think that we need to focus as much as we can on cultivating Spanish and Chinese threads. In terms of communication they are very large groups...

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:43:02 AM

@ Falling Knife: ahhh!! I understand. Thanks for the detail.

m
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:47:38 AM

I don't disagree with you. However, I do think that we need to focus as much as we can on cultivating Spanish and Chinese threads. In terms of communication they are very large groups...

Middle of The Road: yes, right person. Yes, accurate translations. But I see an immense pool of potential Uno investors, at least in China, where people are tech-savvy and almost literally desperate to 'get out of' the national fiat currency.

M
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:34:16 AM

Just wondering what else people here trade.

After UNO, what's your 2nd & 3rd favorite crypto?

Nostr:
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:49:26 AM

Uggghhhh, iiiccchh, aaahhhh. I have been thinning the numbers significantly. Uno is pretty much it. Cannacoin, potcoin, and xmr. None of which are looking nearly as hot as when i was liking them a lot more. So far good ol' uno is the ONLY coin i haven't lost money on.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:57:45 AM

Uggghhhh, iiiccchh, aaahhhh. I have been thinning the numbers significantly. Uno is pretty much it. Cannacoin, potcoin, and xmr. None of which are looking nearly as hot as when i was liking them a lot more. So far good ol' uno is the ONLY coin i haven't lost money on.
It would seem that the pot-related coins should do well. Which of them is the best coin?

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

It would seem that the pot-related coins should do well. Which of them is the best coin?

That is what i originally thought. Pretty simple, if a handful of growers were able to set it up where they would trade x amount of coins for x amount of weed that could establish a floor on the price of coins. You would always have swings but if it was widely accepted, it seems like it would be a risk worth taking. Nothing in life is ever as easy as it seems i suppose.

I am gonna take the safe road here and opt to not claim any as the best. Each one is doing things a little differently. Well by "one" i mean the big three contenders. Potcoin, Cannacoin, and Cannbiscoin. Cannabiscoin has been the only one to really exchange herb for coin, or so the story goes. Potcoin has a team of promotional people behind it. Potcoin systems llc is behind potcoin, for better or worse. Cannacoin seems to be focusing more on the technological aspects of things instead of devoting tons of time to marketing. Different approaches by all three, and none of them are doing crazy well at the moment. Although how do we even begin to measure what "doing well" really is? Solely based upon exchange value to fiat? Seems counterproductive if you are one of the people who seek to replace fiat with crypto.

A lot of it still deals with the laws. I think what most people holding the coins are waiting for is legality. Once the feds come back, hopefully sometime soon, with their ruling on the rescheduling of marijuana, things will pick up. If they move it out of the schedule classes that is the best move. http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml It doesn't fit into any of those. Sons of a bitches, it is a plant. Tons of plants are much more toxic and lethal to humans, yet not illegal. The past 30+ years, while pot has been schedule one, no approved medicinal use, the same government has been growing it and supplying it to individuals for MEDICINAL USE. If they are willing to lie about something so trivial and insignificant it cast huge shadows of doubt in my mind about what the feds motivations are.

The hallucinogens really don't belong in there either but i don't have hope for those. Sure, some people bug out some times, some people do that when they aren't on any drugs though. We need to question how free we really are when we are told we cannot eat a mushroom. Really.. THAT is something that i should be penalized for, oh the humanity! Where will it end, first a mushroom, then your new born! Is there no end to the madness, no stop to the insanity?!

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

ppc, ltc, ixc, dem, dime

though none are as enjoyable as uno, pretty much the whole year

i disagree with the cannacoins, from a friend who is into them - just another gimmick albeit a gimmick that covers most demographics

That about sums it up, they are all pretty much blech. Ya can't do much with them at the moment. I am hoping to see a spike in Cannacoin when it switches over to pos. I am so awful with my exits. Every time it reaches a high i think "oh jeeze, don't sell now, what if it goes up and doesn't come back down" and how fuckin irrational is that thought?!! NO coin has done that! Damn greed, always clouding my judgement! I think it is also thinking, don't sell now, this might just be a little plateau before another peak and then http://youtu.be/5Kod1q39ddE?t=24s

rojan

Activity: 1442
Merit: 361

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:04:55 AM

The Unobtanium shorthand - UNO has potential to be easily understood in other languages based on latin or familiar with the prefix Uno-.  The only mathematical idea or concept easier to understand than the number 1 might be 0 (zero). 

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/uno

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
       █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: