Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261791 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:52:16 PM

...This suicide fest has just got to stop.

you are most certainly spot on there, but nothing is ever exactly perfect... you'd still be driving those roads with other shitty drivers who might decide on a good ol car crash and take you along with em... on the other hand occasionally some of those "jumpers" happen to sprout wings and fly to the moon. You'd probably have found plenty fault in AM before their massive success (and perhaps find fault now), but the punt paid handsomely for many, and probably will do again

Sure.  There are outliers who sprout wings and go to the moon (again, you overlook minor details, like the absurdity of winged flight in outer space, making your plans junk).  AM [was] one.  On the other hand, suggesting that jumping off highway overpasses is a reasonable substitute for a space program...

sure, there are lots of problems with this picture, but considering it belongs in the realm of imagination I'm happy to paint my own picture that may not fit with yours. After all a proportion (large or small?) of the jumpers in your original must be drivers too, so that analogy falls flat from the outset

and AM [is] still in existence last I checked, with a gradually increasing probability of further (if more restrained) success this year

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:59:10 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 02:15:05 PM by NotLambchop

you are most certainly spot on there, but nothing is ever exactly perfect... you'd still be driving those roads with other shitty drivers who might decide on a good ol car crash and take you along with em... on the other hand occasionally some of those "jumpers" happen to sprout wings and fly to the moon. You'd probably have found plenty fault in AM before their massive success (and perhaps find fault now), but the punt paid handsomely for many, and probably will do again

Sure.  There are outliers who sprout wings and go to the moon (again, you overlook minor details, like the absurdity of winged flight in outer space, making your plans junk).  AM [was] one.  On the other hand, suggesting that jumping off highway overpasses is a reasonable substitute for a space program...

sure, there are lots of problems with this picture, but considering it belongs in the realm of imagination I'm happy to paint my own picture that may not fit with yours. After all a proportion (large or small?) of the jumpers in your original must be drivers too, so that analogy falls flat from the outset

and AM [is] still in existence last I checked, with a gradually increasing probability of further (if more restrained) success this year

Again, you are assuming too much.  Nowhere did I say that the jumpers were also drivers, and nowhere did I suggest that driving to the moon is possible.  My analogy's fine.
As far as outliers like AM, they're outliers.  Even Three-Card Monte games have winners, but don't mistake getting roped into these games for investing.  Different thing.

Edit:  Even with outliers like AM, holders of various associated stock offerings (which is what's being discussed here) didn't always profit.  Take TAT's passthrough on Havelock:

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:03:50 PM

How sure are you the he actually raised all 12k coins?

well, fairly certain.  I mean, without verification from Havelock and LMB, it's hard to know exactly how much.  You can see how many shares were sold on LMB and havelock, it's about 5M.  3.5M of those sold at .003, so that's 10,500 btc.  Another 500K sold at .0025, and then the Pre-IPO thing was the 1M at .001. According to Danny, they still had this in BTC as of Jan.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:07:35 PM

I really don't understand what people think they will gain by deliberately trashing other companies. It is one thing to point out problems but the degree of vindictiveness and glee which is being displayed in some of the postings at other people misfortune is really distasteful and doesn't help sort out the issues. "Childish" is the best description I can use for some of the postings.

The postings in some of these threads doesn't help Bitcoin either as it will scare off potential investors and gives the opponents lots of ammunition with which to go to the regulators and try to ban commercial Bitcoin transactions.  This sort of behaviour will prevent wider adoption and a future rise in the value of Bitcoin.

The Bitcoin world is big enough for people to have different opinions, just live and let live, it isn't big enough for public religious jihads being launched at different members of the community.

You don't burn down the entire tower block because you don't like your neighbour.

+1 So much vindictiveness, spite and gleeful hand-rubbing going on, which will only serve to distance anyone else with an idea from starting up in bitcoinland.

Yes it appears Danny went about things in the wrong order (cart before the horse), but to claim he's stolen everything, he's left the country in secret, he bought a new bentley, this was all just a long con, is just one unsupported assertion after another.

The one thing we should be shouting out in bitcoinland is "Show me the fucking evidence!" - for everything. New startups, old exchanges, BTC reserves, discussions between TAT & Danny, claims about unpaid staff.

"Show me the fucking evidence!" Anything less is simply hearsay and FUD.

+1

Very well said.

the problem is the heresy and fud are carefully blended in with evidence and coupled with a rather unsavoury tone, so it's hard to unmix that blend easily without some kind of bias

the problem is that people care too much about the "FUD." The FUD didn't make the coins disappear. The FUD didn't stop the people who walked into the branch from opening accounts.

waveofuture

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

The one thing we should be shouting out in bitcoinland is "Show me the fucking evidence!" - for everything. New startups, old exchanges, BTC reserves, discussions between TAT & Danny, claims about unpaid staff.

"Show me the fucking evidence!" - Anything less is simply hearsay and FUD.
This right here.  Accepting Danny's or TAT's words at face value without any sort of evidence is ridiculous.

The only thing we know for sure is that Danny raised 12K btc or so, and in a few months, he claims to have nothing.  So, show us the financial reports.  Show us the btc addresses, show us how and where the money went.  And then explain to us why you blew through everything 1 month into operations.

This here. I'm so sick of reading/talking/arguing about it.

There are some VERY basic actions that can be taken here to assuage the anger and, if you will, hatred brooding here. If Danny has an inkling of self-respect or honor he will show the public credible reports on the finances of Neo & Bee. If not, I'm taking it as sheer fraud and thievery. That's the sort of thing that really does kill a person one way or another; either someone unstable enough finds you and kills you or you kill yourself with high blood pressure and paranoia.

It's just astonishing to me that there were already "liquidity" issues one month into the operation (perhaps more than one month, either way). It's astonishing that there is CEO replacement paperwork which was filed 3 weeks ago! It's astonishing the potential Neo & Bee had, then obliterated in a couple short weeks - as in, this company could go have truly gone down in history as one of the most important organizations of all time. In terms of removing the shackles of usury/banksters/gouging throughout the world, Neo & Bee had a chance to make a real difference in the lives of billions of people. Not all's lost, I feel, but we're hanging on a cliff and there are a couple people peeling our fingers away and a couple people trying to pull us back up - but, gravity is a bitch.  
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:17:05 PM

the problem is that people care too much about the "FUD." The FUD didn't make the coins disappear. The FUD didn't stop the people who walked into the branch from opening accounts.

Another problem is things labeled "FUD" turning out to be accurate accounts of reality.
Luttinen

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

Exactly. MP shills try very hard to paint a certain narrative and their desperate efforts both here on forum and on reddit show. They are trying too hard.

Liquidity injection can easily be solved with an equity sale. The small outstanding debt can easily be repaid.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:20:43 PM

...In terms of removing the shackles of usury/banksters...

>hates banksters.
>sends coin to a bankster wannabee to start a bank.

Smart.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Liquidity injection can easily be solved with an equity sale...

Not even a speedball injection will make this dead pony sit up.  Just stop.  "Herp Rating Agency" Roll Eyes I'd rather take Derpy's financial advice Cheesy

Luttinen

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:28:49 PM

@NotLambchop

Again a troll fest of idiotic pictures and insane drivel. You add zero substance to the conversation. Even a 4 year old could come up with more meaningful statements.
velacreations

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:29:11 PM

Liquidity injection can easily be solved with an equity sale. The small outstanding debt can easily be repaid.

Please show evidence for "small outstanding debt"

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:30:53 PM

I have a bad feeling most of these accounts are mp talking to himself

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

I have a bad feeling most of these accounts are mp talking to himself
Including you - don't forget.

Lol

velacreations

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:36:30 PM

Does it really matter if MP is talking to himself?  There's ignore buttons for a reason, folks.

You know how to tell if someone isn't MP?  They criticize MP.  MP doesn't criticize himself (though, he'll start, now), because his ego can't handle it.

Regardless, the best way to handle MP is to ignore him, if he annoys you.

SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

Another problem is things labeled "FUD" turning out to be accurate accounts of reality.

FUD is never based on reason and context, FUD spreads on emotions, and you know that very well.
One can spread FUD when using true or half-true statements.

Very much like what is going on with most of the securities in the world, not just the coinworld.
A small post lookup can help one see that some of the FUDsters around this have spent some time and effort in this work.

I can see users selling shares, tanking the prices and buying them again in buy/sell threads.

FUD was spread, people panicked, they sold, and some wiseguys among us have acquired a shitload of cheap shares in
a project they call a scam.

Now, why would one attack a project, and buy in at the same time...

Priceless.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
Luttinen

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:38:40 PM

Please show evidence for "small outstanding debt"

I would call 1 month unpaid wages and other such small expenses very small debt.

A new owner wouldn't take on a lot of debt, by the contrary. Neo package comes with claim on the frozen Bitfunder IPO funds.
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:42:12 PM

We don't have a problem with FUD here, we have a problem with pumpers who'd love to be dumpers, and with messenger shooting.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:43:26 PM

- what did you expect putting your digital dollar out into the ether? this is the thing that surprises me the most about anyone "investing" in anything bitcoin related at the moment. You all should know the risks considering the amount of shit that goes down in this space, you would be one of the lucky ones to reap the major rewards, but don't expect them or you will sorely be mistaken.

This man right here.
Thank you sir.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
waveofuture

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

...In terms of removing the shackles of usury/banksters...

>hates banksters.
>sends coin to a bankster wannabee to start a bank.

Smart.

Touche. Although, I don't think that's an entirely accurate characterization, but more a twisting of the issue and circumstances. Maybe you know more than I do, but we all work on different and incomplete information - hence, the illogical human. Hence, your illogical snipe at me.
Luttinen

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

We don't have a problem with FUD here, we have a problem with pumpers who'd love to be dumpers, and with messenger shooting.

Your MP lovefest on twitter shows and it's pretty disgusting display for the casual audience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: