Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:22:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will be the outcome of this fight?
Errol Spence ko/tko
Errol Spence decision
Keith Thurman ko/tko
Keith Thurman decision
Draw

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing: Errol Spence vs Keith Thurman  (Read 7294 times)
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 11:24:54 AM

Yes, for us it's not really fair to see this fight at 154 lbs and without any belt of Spence in line for the Thurman. But since they are in the same stable and control by Haymon, Thurman can't do anything about it. What the boss says will take into effect and it seems that the body is willing to give this exception for Spence to fight without any belt unless it's Crawford. So this could be very well a done deal already as it is reported by many insider. I haven't heard anything from the camp of Thurman though, but as I have said, he is the B-side so no complaint from him whatsoever.

If you guys remembered, I asked if the Thurman vs Spence will be a title fight but it seems it's not.

Then just recently, the fight was sanctioned as a mandatory defense for Spence by the WBC.

A bit confused here, I thought they were fighting at 147 and not on 154. But why there's a term that no belt at stake here? Am I hearing it right?

Then what's the purpose of this fight especially it was sanction by a higher boxing authority?

I'm confused as well, if there's no belt involved, then we cannot call it a mandatory fight and Spence could say no if he wants to. Well, even if there's no belt involved, it will be okay for fans that are desperate to see some action as we will definitely see a real action of these two.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 12:18:02 PM

Yes, for us it's not really fair to see this fight at 154 lbs and without any belt of Spence in line for the Thurman. But since they are in the same stable and control by Haymon, Thurman can't do anything about it. What the boss says will take into effect and it seems that the body is willing to give this exception for Spence to fight without any belt unless it's Crawford. So this could be very well a done deal already as it is reported by many insider. I haven't heard anything from the camp of Thurman though, but as I have said, he is the B-side so no complaint from him whatsoever.

If you guys remembered, I asked if the Thurman vs Spence will be a title fight but it seems it's not.

Then just recently, the fight was sanctioned as a mandatory defense for Spence by the WBC.

A bit confused here, I thought they were fighting at 147 and not on 154. But why there's a term that no belt at stake here? Am I hearing it right?

Then what's the purpose of this fight especially it was sanction by a higher boxing authority?

I'm confused as well, if there's no belt involved, then we cannot call it a mandatory fight and Spence could say no if he wants to. Well, even if there's no belt involved, it will be okay for fans that are desperate to see some action as we will definitely see a real action of these two.

What's this an exhibition like fight? Just kidding, but without the belt there's no pressure for both sides and it will be more in the money
side, like the statement above both are under Haymon.

What the boss wants will probably take place, an arrange fight to make money right? there are still fans who will buy tickets and watch it via PPV.

Let see if what will be the update about this fight and how both camps will promote it.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 01:33:13 PM

What's this an exhibition like fight? Just kidding, but without the belt there's no pressure for both sides and it will be more in the money
side, like the statement above both are under Haymon.
There's a pressure on Spence because he will be staking his undefeated record, and maybe if he will lose, he would be eager to fight Crawford for an undisputed fight but the fans will not forget how Thurman beat him, so most likely a title fight will also be scheduled over time.

What the boss wants will probably take place, an arrange fight to make money right? there are still fans who will buy tickets and watch it via PPV.

Let see if what will be the update about this fight and how both camps will promote it.

Undefeated boxers does not take chances against a fighter that has a decent chance of beating them. I'm sure Spence knows how dangerous Thurman is, he beat the fighter that gave him a problem, I'm talking about Shawn Porter.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 06:36:59 PM

Here's what I found when I was browsing Spence's request to the WBA to contest the fight at 154 pounds.

It’s highly unlikely Spence (28-0, 22 KOs) will bother come back down to 147 and get filleted by Boots & Crawford. Spence isn’t another General McArthur who once said, “I will return.”
Spence isn’t returning to 147 after he faces Thurman at 154 because there’s too much risk involved at welterweight, and he’s not about to want to deal with all the danger, especially if he’s drained.
Source

I think this is the most desperate move that I witnessed in the whole history of boxing industry. Errol Spence Jr. and Al Haymon was really too desperate to get themselves out of the welterweight just to maintain Spence's value and record. Also, the governing bodies shouldn't just agree with their request to make the Thurman-Spence fight at 154 lbs. because their image will be scathed as it looks to the public that they are eating their words that they said in the previous months.

If I were Thurman, I wouldn't take this fight because it's not what I wanted in the first place as there will be no belts on the line.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2023, 08:20:35 PM

Here's what I found when I was browsing Spence's request to the WBA to contest the fight at 154 pounds.

It’s highly unlikely Spence (28-0, 22 KOs) will bother come back down to 147 and get filleted by Boots & Crawford. Spence isn’t another General McArthur who once said, “I will return.”
Spence isn’t returning to 147 after he faces Thurman at 154 because there’s too much risk involved at welterweight, and he’s not about to want to deal with all the danger, especially if he’s drained.
Source

I think this is the most desperate move that I witnessed in the whole history of boxing industry. Errol Spence Jr. and Al Haymon was really too desperate to get themselves out of the welterweight just to maintain Spence's value and record. Also, the governing bodies shouldn't just agree with their request to make the Thurman-Spence fight at 154 lbs. because their image will be scathed as it looks to the public that they are eating their words that they said in the previous months.

quote author=Vaculin link=topic=5420331.msg61605581#msg61605581 date=1673894219]
If I were Thurman, I wouldn't take this fight because it's not what I wanted in the first place as there will be no belts on the line.

I think he (Thurman) can take the fight and give his own condition.  Reading the article is just confusing.  How could a mandatory title defense @ 147 lbs or welterweight division be done in 154 lbs or jr. middle weight division?  Isn't that ruling a joke?  It looks like Spence and his promoter is more influential and has more authority than the governing bodies. 

Yeah the current situation looks like a circus.  Because Spence doesn't want to give Thurman a chance to fight in a title match he moves the fight to 154 lbs, while the governing bodies order a mandatory title defense.  How ironic when the sports authority issue a mandatory title defense and the fight will be done on a different weight division,  doesn't that makes the governing bodies a joke?
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 10:40:03 PM

Source

quote author=Vaculin link=topic=5420331.msg61605581#msg61605581 date=1673894219]

I think he (Thurman) can take the fight and give his own condition.  Reading the article is just confusing.  How could a mandatory title defense @ 147 lbs or welterweight division be done in 154 lbs or jr. middle weight division?  Isn't that ruling a joke?  It looks like Spence and his promoter is more influential and has more authority than the governing bodies. 

Yeah the current situation looks like a circus.  Because Spence doesn't want to give Thurman a chance to fight in a title match he moves the fight to 154 lbs, while the governing bodies order a mandatory title defense.  How ironic when the sports authority issue a mandatory title defense and the fight will be done on a different weight division,  doesn't that makes the governing bodies a joke?

And it boils down again how corrupt this governing bodies, issuing mandatory fights and yet they can't even imposed it to boxers with influential promoters such as Spence (PBC/Al Haymon).

I don't think though that Thurman can give his own condition in this fight though. He is the B-side here, they have the same promotion, so he will be under what conditions they set on him and even the purse split. And that goes to show how powerful Al Haymon is as a promoter as his influence to his boxers and governing bodies as if he has total control of them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MiliMil

Activity: 126
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 10:49:45 PM

Do people not forget how hard Thurman ducked Spence when he was the champion? He avoided him for years and used every excuse not to fight him. I don't blame Spence for giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Spence would knock Thurman out easily in my opinion.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 16, 2023, 11:59:52 PM

If just for fans' satisfaction then that fight is a waste of fight if no belt will be at risk.

Keith Thurman is clearly just being toyed and no point in risking his life for nothing.

He has a good portfolio in the first place so if that fight doesn't have a stake in line, it's a clear disrespect for Thurman just for Spence to have a fight after a long period of rest.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 09:09:58 AM

If just for fans' satisfaction then that fight is a waste of fight if no belt will be at risk.

Keith Thurman is clearly just being toyed and no point in risking his life for nothing.

He has a good portfolio in the first place so if that fight doesn't have a stake in line, it's a clear disrespect for Thurman just for Spence to have a fight after a long period of rest.

Might possible that he will still take this fight even it is a disrespectful for him, both are handled by same people and
most of the time those people behind are all after the money.

Both fighters will be earning decently, so no matter what just bring the fight to the fans, and it will be an easy money to bank.

Looking forward seeing any update in regard to this fight, if both Thurman and Spence will say a word about it.
inthelongrun (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 12:53:07 PM

Do people not forget how hard Thurman ducked Spence when he was the champion? He avoided him for years and used every excuse not to fight him. I don't blame Spence for giving him a taste of his own medicine.

I don't think Thurman was ducking Spence some years ago. I haven't seen a video or an article from a reliable source that Spence personally challenged Thurman. Maybe it was the time when Spence was not yet a champion? I do feel that many people from PBC hate Thurman because of his rebellious attitude and for being too vocal, especially on Mayweather Jr. Thurman was probably the only young and prime fighter at PBC that wanted to get a shot at Mayweather since most of them are too respectful to voice out a challenge. I can understand the frustrations of Thurman at that time though. He was an interim champion for years and after that, he was only given a shot at the regular WBA belt which was another garbage and fake championship belt. He was wasting a lot of those years and was denied his shot at the WBA super belt.

But I agree that this current version of Thurman is easy work for Spence.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1849

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2023, 02:29:34 PM

To be honest, I would like Thurman to win, he is a complete boxer, I also think he needs him much more than Spence himself, and I would also like him to win so that Spence can give a rematch to a CRAWFROD that he has fought a lot so that he can have a better life and open the doors to him, of course when someone like Crawford can beat a Spence who does not want anything with him, the fans automatically make Spence himself feel forced to accept Any challenge, this is one of the advantages that Thurman can cause, although it is not something that is very safe, he has everything to be able to win.

Crawford will not anymore fight Crawford if Thurman would win in this fight, he will directly go to the champion and would try to take the belt. What's the purpose of fighting Spence? That's too risky for him and he won't be getting a good reward as the attention of the fans will surely be transferred to Thurman.

Well, in my personal opinion, I think Crawford has been training very hard since last year to fight Spence, it's not so much for the money, nor for the business model they may have associated with it, it's because of the immense pique that Crawford has against Spence, he knows very well that the doors of boxing will not open for him in a big way if he does not get a rematch against him and win it, some may see it as a difficult thing to do, difficult to overcome, but I think the desire What Crwaford has are many, and that alone means that Crawford does not rest day and night until he meets those objectives, I think everything is based on that.

Errol Spence Jr vs. Keith Thurman sanctioned by WBC

By Adam Baskin: Errol Spence Jr’s fight against Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman at 154 in April will reportedly be sanctioned by the WBC as a mandatory defense for Errol’s welterweight title with the organization. To be sure, it doesn’t make much sense for the WBC to sanction Spence’s non-title fight at junior middleweight as counting as a mandatory defense for his 147-lb belt, but it’s being done.

Source: https://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/01/errol-spence-jr-vs-keith-thurman-sanctioned-by-wbc/

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 17, 2023, 05:54:15 PM

Source

And it boils down again how corrupt this governing bodies, issuing mandatory fights and yet they can't even imposed it to boxers with influential promoters such as Spence (PBC/Al Haymon).

I don't think though that Thurman can give his own condition in this fight though. He is the B-side here, they have the same promotion, so he will be under what conditions they set on him and even the purse split. And that goes to show how powerful Al Haymon is as a promoter as his influence to his boxers and governing bodies as if he has total control of them.

Well, it really shows in this particular situation that Al Haymon really have a lot of control towards the governing bodies because he can influence them to change the first order that was given to the Thurman-Spence fight and make the fight happen in Jr. Middleweight division. I don't know man, this is so untrue to me because boxing industry isn't the same anymore.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
mirakal
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1290

View Profile
January 18, 2023, 08:17:14 PM

Errol Spence Jr vs. Keith Thurman sanctioned by WBC

By Adam Baskin: Errol Spence Jr’s fight against Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman at 154 in April will reportedly be sanctioned by the WBC as a mandatory defense for Errol’s welterweight title with the organization. To be sure, it doesn’t make much sense for the WBC to sanction Spence’s non-title fight at junior middleweight as counting as a mandatory defense for his 147-lb belt, but it’s being done.

Source: https://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/01/errol-spence-jr-vs-keith-thurman-sanctioned-by-wbc/

This got me really confused, why would the WBC sanction a mandatory defense of Errol Spence if he doesn't have any titles that belongs at 154 pounds? I mean, is this a new thing now, that someone could take their belts at the next division and have a title defense? I guess, I'm not the only one here who got questions because I think this is the first time I've been hearing about this kind of situation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
January 18, 2023, 10:46:32 PM

This got me really confused, why would the WBC sanction a mandatory defense of Errol Spence if he doesn't have any titles that belongs at 154 pounds? I mean, is this a new thing now, that someone could take their belts at the next division and have a title defense? I guess, I'm not the only one here who got questions because I think this is the first time I've been hearing about this kind of situation.

Yes, mate it's really confusing because they sanction the fight between the two and yet Spence find a way to not just lay his belt on the line, but move up to the next weight classes, hehehe, I guess the simply question is that the promoter is very powerful that he can bent the rule of this sanctioning bodies in their favor. Or probably this is another classic example of how corrupt WBC. And I will admit that we love boxing, but sometimes this is the main reason why it is becoming trash, with all the politics and so we haven't see the fight that we want.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
January 18, 2023, 11:03:39 PM

Or probably this is another classic example of how corrupt WBC. And I will admit that we love boxing, but sometimes this is the main reason why it is becoming trash, with all the politics and so we haven't see the fight that we want.

Hope that boxing fans will not support that fight lol.

Defending a 147lbs title in a 154lbs fight, there's even no need for an explanation on this on why it becomes a bullsh*t match.

A clear ducking to the supposed mandatory fight. Can't blame Spence's camp only as they are just being under but the whole WBC themselves are ruining the fun.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 18, 2023, 11:55:43 PM

This is the first time I think that kind of boxing match is set up. Keith Thurman even participated in that without even questioning some terms of that fight. Maybe just money before a sweet retirement. I'm sure this was even set up for Spence to win the fight.

Now that Spence is now fighting in the environment in the 154, I hope he will meet soon some good contenders here.

Just curious here, why other top names in boxing don't have any feedback or statements regarding that fight?
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
January 19, 2023, 01:49:30 AM

Or probably this is another classic example of how corrupt WBC. And I will admit that we love boxing, but sometimes this is the main reason why it is becoming trash, with all the politics and so we haven't see the fight that we want.

Defending a 147lbs title in a 154lbs fight, there's even no need for an explanation on this on why it becomes a bullsh*t match.

A clear ducking to the supposed mandatory fight. Can't blame Spence's camp only as they are just being under but the whole WBC themselves are ruining the fun.

So there's a chance now that this fight will not happen again? If this would be true, then I guess people will start blaming the camp of Spence again as he is good at ruining a fight that he thinks he can lose. He grab an easy win on Ugas but made excuses on Pacman, LOL, this champion is hilarious.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
January 19, 2023, 02:13:44 AM

I don't think Thurman was ducking Spence some years ago. I haven't seen a video or an article from a reliable source that Spence personally challenged Thurman. Maybe it was the time when Spence was not yet a champion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyHnCwJuutM&t=924s

Go forward  55:52, Spence calls Thurman after he beat Kell Brook for the IBF belt, and Manny Pacquiao too.

But I agree that this current version of Thurman is easy work for Spence.

Yes, with this version of Thurman now? inactive and very fragile and it looks like he is always getting injured or something. Could be an easy fight for Spence, Thurman doesn't seems that heart, unlike before wherein he can grind hard and has power. So let's hope that this fight will happen and let Thurman be another victim of Spence and put him in his resume.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 19, 2023, 02:22:51 AM

If he is being toyed, can he refused this fight or not?

It's clearly disrespect, but he is also under the stable of PBC, and chances are, he will and might accept it without any resistance from him. He can't go against the wishes of Haymon because they are trying to milk their cash cow Errol Spence and for sure Keith knows that for sure because he was once their banner fighter at 147 lbs until he got injured and lost the fight to Manny. So I think this will still be a go fight for Keith.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1344

View Profile
January 19, 2023, 03:03:08 AM

I am confused, much like everyone else here. Doesn't make any sense, right? How can a mandatory title defense for the welterweight (147 lb) division be moved to Lightweight (154 lb) category? WBC is setting up a bad precedent here. What will happen if the other boxers also demand the same? If these two want to move to 154 lb, then let them do that. But don't term the fight as a title defense. It would mean that Errol Spence Jr. is forfeiting his 147 lb title and moving on to another division, after refusing his mandatory defense. As simple as that. Here the WBC is creating an exception for a single boxer and it will backfire on them in the future.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: