Major site update available!
First of all, thank you all for using BitMarket.eu to this day. There was many hiccups, but you guys were awesome and understanding, which is great. The all little things that irritated people gave us a reason to think what we can do to make the site better. There were some problems, that occurred very frequently, for example:
- people released their BTC funds too quickly, before actually receiving cash for them
- many times both parties wanted to cancel transaction for many reasons, which always had to be dealt by us
- some not serious members that were changing their minds regarding transactions, didn't reply to emails and such
All that has lead us to work on the new version of the site, which is very different from the old one in few key aspects. Biggest of them all is that all members have to be verified before making any offers
. This is a one-time process every member has to pass to be able to use BitMarket. The verification can be done in several ways:
- people that had sucessful transactions in the previous version with at least 2 people will be verified if they let us know of this
- through Bitcoin-OTC account. To do this, you need to have GPG Authentication
linked to your OTC profile
- providing us with a good history of CoinPal
- other means that we didn't think of yet
After successful verification you will be able to use BitMarket like you did before.And now for a (unordered) list of what has been added or changed on the site:
- Change of withdrawal address needs an email confirmation now. This is for security reasons to protect you against scams.
- You, as a BTC seller, can (and should) define a message that will be sent to the buyer when he/she buys your BTC. This is for conveinence, so you don't have to send info about your bank/Paypal details every time. You can do this in your Account Details page.
- You can now cancel transactions. To do this, both parties have to agree on this (when one request it, other one will be asked for confirmation). This is now all automatic, so you don't have to bother contacting us directly anymore
- When pushing "Send BTC" a dialog will show describing what you are going to do, asking you if you really want to send the BTC to buyer (i.e. if the buyer already paid you)
- We revamped FAQ section, so now it's easier to find information about how the site works. We also added many more information to it
- The required number of confirmations for your funds to show up on the site is now 2.
- The minimum offer amount is now 1 BTC
- I probably forgot some small things, it's for you to discover them
- And hey, did I mention we're still 100% free?What to expect
We haven't done yet. In near future we'll introduce member rating system, linked Bitcoin-OTC one. We'll also export your rating to the Bitcoin-OTC, so you will be able to use trust you've built on other sites. We have also other plans, but we can tell you all now
.Like our service?
If yes, we kindly ask you to:
- leave a feedback on what do you like (and what you don't like) about the site
- use the address at the bottom of the site if you have some spare BTC