Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down  (Read 203824 times)
LovelyDove

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:57:38 AM

You utilized your clients funds to invest in high speculative leverage items on the little bit coinOrdollar price? You refer to this as a hedge account? Next time purchase lotto tickets! I'd sue you if I had any bitcoins to obtain of your stuff. Who within their correct mind would trust a child like you with an additional nickel?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:03:54 AM

You used your customers funds to invest in high speculative leverage products on the bit coin/dollar price? You call this a hedge fund? Next time buy lottery tickets! I would sue you if I had any bitcoins to get from you. Who in their right mind would trust a child like you with another nickel?
jonathan3307

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:17:30 AM

well, immediate in the sense of "immediate when the quetionnaire is over AND the investment has been done". Lets actually see how many 30% requests we have and if we could keep this with a bitcoin price of 25 USD....
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:40:10 AM

The majority of the underdeveloped nations are facing these issues like poor economy problems, unemployment etc. My nation is also dealing with exactly the same issue although not that much, ideally it'll improve in couple of years.
our nation faces the same thing dealing day by day
with unemployment rate,but since bitcoins and the whole
crypto is popularized from social media,to news media and
any form of advertisements now many of our countrymen
relying and supporting this community,so i know in just a
short time unemployment will be lessen.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:39:45 PM

Market is always up and down and it will continue to do so , big whales will continue to play with market.
Oh hello bot, how did you get lost in this sad thread with 18878  Bitcoins gabled way.
Here that what criminals look like
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441.msg5344257#msg5344257
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

Can someone update the situation? What is the status of refunds? These people can be found..
I think there is only one attempt to break the market. Now the whole question asked by the bitmarket is empty so he could just sell some of his coins for a higher price. I think he will never pay. If he does not pay tomorrow he may be banned? That will not be good for the community as well as the market.
unixdude

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 11:52:13 PM

Just revisiting this old thread - if it wasn't for that scammer who stole 50 BTC from me I would be a millionaire now Smiley - I never saw a penny from him.

Why has the guy not been given a scammer tag yet or banned?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 12:59:44 AM

That's assuming you wouldn't have sold too early, 50 BTC was worth only several hundred dollars when bitmarket.eu went down.

Scammer tags are not a things anymore and scamming never was a bannable offense. He still logs in from time to time it seems: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4554

There was something being done to raise the money back, what happened to that? It would seem that whoever recovers Bitcoinica's from Mt. Gox money will recover BItMarket.eu's money, too.

Signature space available for rent.
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 12:02:21 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to say we're terribly sorry that you had to wait so long us to come through. While unfortunately the BTC from the exchange were never fully recovered, over the years we finally did manage to secure (hopefully) enough funds to reimburse the users as was initially promised - using the account value from the day the exchange closed down.

We've already started emailing everyone who had accounts on the exchange to let them know about this, but this process will take some time, plus I've already got few emails bounce back because the accounts don't longer exist or due to anti-spam measures. If you had a account Bitmarket.eu account with a non-zero balance when it closed please reach out to us at bitmarketreimbursements@gmail.com with a cryptocurrency address where you'd like us to send your reimbursement. If you're using a different email address than the one registered on the exchange please also send the username you used along with the exact balance the account held.

It does not matter whether you've already partially received your refunds (most people who we managed to get in contact before received up to 40% of their refunds already), please consider that an interest over all those years we failed to repay you.

There is no catch to this, we just want to finally set the matters straight and return the money to our users who trusted us with their funds, the trust we ultimately betrayed. Everyone please accept our apologies that this took so long.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2021, 12:41:14 PM

Hello all. I'm terrible sorry for not responding to this earlier. A mix of personal issues with searching for a solution prevented me from it.

Unfortunately, I have very bad news. I cannot currently proccess your withdrawals. The situation is very complicated and it's all my fault, that's why I feel terrible about it. I tried to make this up, to keep the site afloat and somehow recover the funds, but it's not possible anymore. Right now there are 1786 BTC pending withdrawal, which I can't honor...

Earlier this year, I had this "genius" idea which led me to making a fatal mistake. I thought I could provide a hedge fund service for Bitmarket users. There were other sites providing this service so I guesses that it could be successful. I had experience in trading before, all I needed is a platform. And there was one - Bitcoinica. I was so convinced with this idea (and sooo wrong in hindsight) that for a while I kept majority of "offline" Bitmarket funds there. What I didn't expect was that one day it could just dissapear - taking all the money with it. What's worse, the funds were shorted when it happened (converted to USD and sold) - and after Bitcoinica dissapeared BTC price rose by about 250% until now. So while there is still chance to recover the funds (there is an appointed liquidator assigned to this case and I've already sent in claims) it will be not enough to cover all people's funds. For the record - there are 20161 18787.72139217 BTC missing (edit: I subtracted my funds that also were deposited on Bitmarket), and Bitcoinica claims total for around 50K USD (the exact amount is uncertain because the liquidators haven't yet stated at what rate they will liquidate positions).

Sadly, I alone, I'm out of options. I don't have own money to pay for this loss (Bitmarket never made any real profit and I make up for a living by part-time web/mobile programming). The options for making this up for everyone as I see are:

- find an investor (or investors) that is willing to cover at least part of is debt. I would transfer all rights to the website software, servers and database to him and also work as a technician, possibly also implementing features he'd wanted. If you reading this have the funds necessary to make this work, PLEASE contact me on this.
- freeze all current funds and "start over" trading with explicit fees, implementing much-needed features like rating system and others. All profits from the fees would go directly to a fund for repaying the debt. I'm afraid that this option alone is not enough though - many people won't (and have full right to do so) trust the site again...
- something else?

Again, I would like to deeply apologize to everyone involved with this. I'm really sorry Sad. I made a fatal mistake and I have to deal with it now. If you thinking about sueing me about this - you have full right to do so, but I don't think it's a good idea - I don't have any money so winning a case will get nothing for you and possibly ruin my life Sad. It also would prevent me from doing anything to alleviate this situation, and I really want to make this up for everyone and I'm willing to do anything in my power to do this. I had many sleepless nights thinking about how I can make this tight. I just need some help with this.

Last, but not least...
If you have any bitcoin you can donate to help users that have locked funds, please send them here: 1Km5GFMat1DXcbvMTeH9ZvLGKvFCLBA9dM
All received Bitcoins will go directly to process withdrawals. I will update how much is left in this thread.

Have you ever thought about getting all stolen coins back via combined action and fully compensate ppl?

https://tokenrecovery.org/

I m sure many will like that one most 

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2021, 01:10:25 PM

What's with the whole witch hunt?

Whenever you feel like releasing blockchain transactions supporting your initial story about gambling at Bitcoinica, please do so.

While it's almost impossible for me to find all of them, most of it (17000 BTC) were coming from Bitmarket's cold storage. I finally found the address (it was 1.5 year ago, so it wasn't easy to find). Here you go:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/12uHQUnvPujBE21oxfRVz7dMpVkPfHoefo

Here, you can see 170000 BTC deposited (it was sent directly from Bitmarket to this address) in september 2011. And then, in january 2012 I started to withdraw the funds gradually directly to Bitcoinica.

I don't have access to this offline keys at this moment, but I can sign any message from any address that this one received Bitcoins from. For example, the one that sent 2000 BTC (second one in the table): 1GzAtdtg78AkNHHYUW69GBeTAqhMf1Uc4V.

Code:
Signature: HJoXHWuPMND0Cz9d0yqHgGbHL16KcmDkOGEjAfvpXpvRvwpQLFsSeUmuVRoppgW/GhCueK/mY5i/eaEwZWS+gQs=

Why not start here ?  You must be able to proof ownership, and off you go. After all the stolen funds. It's worth doing and possible, cause still - even in this techy world - its all about real ownership ant how to enforce it, not just dumb keys

You might ask also for legals, try https://uk.ontier.net/

and watch what cases they running today

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62]
  Print  

Jump to: