Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:25:39 AM

Why not give NLG to the other people you think deserve it like you would of for the developers?

There is also topic in English section with updates if you have missed them.

https://community.guldencoin.com/t/guldencoin-development-updates/899/27

He wouldn't because the development team determines the early success of a coin. Do you think Dash formally known as Dark would be at it's current price without Evan Duffield? Let me answer this for you. NO!

pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:33:19 AM

Do you really want me to put a list together with all the donations I have already given to the members of this community? Come on, this is about what would have been wise for the dev team to do, don't twist it around!

No need to put a list together because I have read the forums and see you have donated and it's very kind of you.
No twisting from me I am just seeing that some posts are best left unsaid? Was there reason to put the devs profile on your post and make him look like he does not care?

Further digging into the pandacoin thread and you will see a different picture painted about MaNI.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg10820584;topicseen#msg10820584

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg10821305#msg10821305

I hope for all our sakes the second poster is right, so why would you want to chase this dev away?

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 09:39:40 AM

Do you really want me to put a list together with all the donations I have already given to the members of this community? Come on, this is about what would have been wise for the dev team to do, don't twist it around!

No need to put a list together because I have read the forums and see you have donated and it's very kind of you.
No twisting from me I am just seeing that some posts are best left unsaid? Was there reason to put the devs profile on your post and make him look like he does not care?

Further digging into the pandacoin thread and you will see a different picture painted about MaNI.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg10820584;topicseen#msg10820584

I hope for all our sakes the second poster is right, so why would you want to chase this dev away?

Oh, but I'm in no way posting against Malcolm! And i seriously don't want to chase him away! I already said in the dutch reply he deserves to be paid for all I care!

This is not about MaNI is's about the way the DEV team choses to communicate and act within a very small and closed circle! I just read that even Cookie, the main admin and founder of the Guldencoin forum, was not told about the new forum as well. It was a complete surprise to him also! How in Satoshi's name can you justify that !?!?!?Huh

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:47:36 AM

And yes, I have invested thousands of Euro's and hundreds of hours into this project. That makes me a shareholder, just like all the other members who have given their fair share. And shareholders do tend to think they have a right to speak when they think their investment is being ill-managed!

You may think what you want of me, but know that I am here to support this project so we can achieve great things together. Thats why I will not accept that the lousy way this dev team tends to communicate does more harm to this community that it has already done!

Quote edited for brevity but LTEX is 100% right.  I'm not Dutch, never will be but I did hold a fair amount of NLG. I sold out a few weeks ago when I realised it was a boys club.  Not a "boys club" for the Dutch, just a boys club for the privileged few that "run" the coin. Lots of people put a lot of time, effort and money into supporting this coin, but if you aren't Rijk, /GJ or a friend, you get nothing.  If you are in the club - happy days - at everyone elses expense.   
pijpenstelen

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

Oh, but I'm in no way posting against Malcolm! And i seriously don't want to chase him away! I already said in the dutch reply he deserves to be paid for all I care!

This is not about MaNI is's about the way the DEV team choses to communicate and act within a very small and closed circle! I just read that even Cookie, the main admin and founder of the Guldencoin forum, was not told about the new forum as well. It was a complete surprise to him also! How in Satoshi's name can you justify that !?!?!?Huh

I can't comment much on this but that was not good if previous forum owner was not told.I agree with this if true.

I am just pleased that the development team is looking world class now and hope we don't demotivate their efforts and them getting involved in debates when they should be working on upgrading the coin.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
pijpenstelen

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:53:08 AM

And yes, I have invested thousands of Euro's and hundreds of hours into this project. That makes me a shareholder, just like all the other members who have given their fair share. And shareholders do tend to think they have a right to speak when they think their investment is being ill-managed!

You may think what you want of me, but know that I am here to support this project so we can achieve great things together. Thats why I will not accept that the lousy way this dev team tends to communicate does more harm to this community that it has already done!

Quote edited for brevity but LTEX is 100% right.  I'm not Dutch, never will be but I did hold a fair amount of NLG. I sold out a few weeks ago when I realised it was a boys club.  Not a "boys club" for the Dutch, just a boys club for the privileged few that "run" the coin. Lots of people put a lot of time, effort and money into supporting this coin, but if you aren't Rijk, /GJ or a friend, you get nothing.  If you are in the club - happy days - at everyone elses expense.   

@ veertje.

All I'm hoping is that people focus on what is important now.  It appears to be really hard to convince those that make the decisions to take the first obvious step, which is to dump DGW3.  If we can make that happen and /GJ's simulator is all that it is cracked up to be, then I can see an argument for a multi POW version of NLG in the future.  

Hell, I personally support 24Kilo's idea of a reduced block time and reward but I can also see that it a step too far at the moment considering the conservative nature of the devs.  I'll happily take an algo change to Digi ASAP and argue about block times and muti POW at a later date.  

All I want is for SOMETHING to happen really soon to stop Terk raping the coin.

Are you also member of team Criptoe that left few weeks ago?

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:58:36 AM

You seem to know a lot about the internal workings of the coins community for a person that claims he doesn't know much. Wink Trying to get more people to dump out or making sure the coin doesn't succeed because you dumped out. It would be a real shame if the price had to go to 1000 if you dumped out a few weeks ago.

Smoke and mirrors here.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:19:44 AM

YADAYADAYADA

You can snip my story into little pieces and pull things out of context by putting a question disguised as an answer on top of it all you like Rijk.

Fact remains, I'm fed up with the way you manage things! Please step down and become the treasurer of the coin or something. This is not about me mistrusting you with the pre-mine, it's mistrusting you with the responsibility that comes with steering this coin and it's community into the real world, that goes beyond that thick glass wall you live behind!

And NO I don't say this because I want your job! I just want someone on it that knows how to lead a community. And before you come up with another question like "what was I not clear about when talking about decentralized community", there is no such thing as a decentralized community! The coin might be decentralized, the community isn't! And leading is also not the same as controlling! A leader listens to his community and then helps it to chose the right path, there is no centralizing in that at all!

Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 10:20:11 AM

You seem to know a lot about the internal workings of the coins community for a person that claims he doesn't know much. Wink Trying to get more people to dump out or making sure the coin doesn't succeed because you dumped out. It would be a real shame if the price had to go to 1000 if you dumped out a few weeks ago.

Smoke and mirrors here.

Bluestreet gets my respect for his post. It looks to me as if there is a power struggle to gain control of Guldencoin, all I say is don't mess with something that is not broken... the coin has lasted and grown stronger over the last year why would anyone want to fuck with it now and change things?
Dawson

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 10:34:24 AM

YADAYADAYADA

You can snip my story into little pieces and pull things out of context by putting a question disguised as an answer on top of it all you like Rijk.

Fact remains, I'm fed up with the way you manage things! Please step down and become the treasurer of the coin or something. This is not about me mistrusting you with the pre-mine, it's mistrusting you with the responsibility that comes with steering this coin and it's community into the real world, that goes beyond that thick glass wall you live behind!

And NO I don't say this because I want your job! I just want someone on it that knows how to lead a community. And before you come up with another question like "what was I not clear about when talking about decentralized community", there is no such thing as a decentralized community! The coin might be decentralized, the community isn't! And leading is also not the same as controlling! A leader listens to his community and then helps it to chose the right path, there is no centralizing in that at all!

Iam 100% agree with LTEX here,.

Make a list how many dedicated members left the coin aside because of the same reasons!
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:00:53 AM

As much as I would like to believe that, I have to ask why it is then that you are already coming up with conspiracy theories about my work.

e.g. That I am supposedly having problems with scrypt, the only reason the possibility of dropping scrypt when multi-algo kicks in has come up at all is because some community members asked (on both this and the other forum) whether it is possible.
This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with technical limitations in either frank or mines code - in fact the scrypt code is already working, it would need to be in order for the port to be testable and for the current block chain to remain usable.
Dropping scrypt saves me exactly 0 work, if it is going to be dropped it will be based on a proper discussion about the merits of various algorithms and which ones we want to keep, a discussion we have already stated multiple times we want to have very soon on the community forums.

While I certainly don't expect people to accept the work I do without question - on the contrary I would find it quite unsettling if there was no input on various things, and have very little patience for yes men; suck-ups or fanboys - I certainly find it somewhat distasteful to have people already spreading rumours after such a short period of time and with no facts to back them up.

While I personally am not phased by such things, you may want to at least wait until I miss the first deadline or the first bug is found before you start casting stones or you may find it harder to attract developer talent in future, not all developers have a thick skin and most of us have 100s of projects begging us to join them, generally we want to get on with actual work and not be dragged into political battles (or whatever it is going on here).

Know that I am on probation, as you the Guldencoin community are with me, if the community doesn't like my work, or me, once I have actually delivered it, they are welcome to tell me to take a hike, likewise if I as a developer don't feel the community is one I see a future in I will be equally quick to move on elsewhere.
I'm not getting any further involved in this fight except to say that in the end it is the community that is getting harmed when things like this happen, perhaps this should be considered before turning every little discussion into a fight over the same thing and using bystanders as ammunition in that fight.
johndec2

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:02:37 AM

@ veertje.

All I'm hoping is that people focus on what is important now.  It appears to be really hard to convince those that make the decisions to take the first obvious step, which is to dump DGW3.  If we can make that happen and /GJ's simulator is all that it is cracked up to be, then I can see an argument for a multi POW version of NLG in the future.  

Hell, I personally support 24Kilo's idea of a reduced block time and reward but I can also see that it a step too far at the moment considering the conservative nature of the devs.  I'll happily take an algo change to Digi ASAP and argue about block times and muti POW at a later date.  

All I want is for SOMETHING to happen really soon to stop Terk raping the coin.

Are you also member of team Criptoe that left few weeks ago?

Interesting that you pull two posts four months apart (probably my only posts here) that make no mention of Criptoe and draw that conclusion? Besides quoting two known members of Criptoe, where is your evidence. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, does that change the fact that you didn't contradict my "boys club" accusation?  Nice try Sherlock Smiley
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:03:57 AM

YADAYADAYADA

Iam 100% agree with LTEX here,.

Make a list how many dedicated members left the coin aside because of the same reasons!

Dawson why not come to AUR and for everyone else that wants LTEX as a leader of a coin. Dump your Guldencoins now and come to AUR!!!

Hi Danslip,

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for Auroracoin, I would like to ask you not to suggest this here. It's not decent. Rest assured, I'm dedicated to both coins, no reason to worry...

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:05:06 AM

Just to clarify. Nocks was funded out of pocket by me and Patrick. Guldenbuy got 1 million NLG in funding as a buffer to the volume that me and Cookie (who runs Guldenbuy and Paysafegulden with me) are getting on those sites to help grow to support the demand from people outside crypto. New people.
johndec2

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:07:40 AM

Smoke and mirrors here.

Umm. Where did I say I didn't know much?  Please quote me?  I seriously hope the coin does go to 1000.  I made a profit when I sold out, I hope you do too. 
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:14:11 AM

As much as I would like to believe that, I have to ask why it is then that you are already coming up with conspiracy theories about my work.

e.g. That I am supposedly having problems with scrypt, the only reason the possibility of dropping scrypt when multi-algo kicks in has come up at all is because some community members asked (on both this and the other forum) whether it is possible.
This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with technical limitations in either frank or mines code - in fact the scrypt code is already working, it would need to be in order for the port to be testable and for the current block chain to remain usable.
Dropping scrypt saves me exactly 0 work, if it is going to be dropped it will be based on a proper discussion about the merits of various algorithms and which ones we want to keep, a discussion we have already stated multiple times we want to have very soon on the community forums.

While I certainly don't expect people to accept the work I do without question - on the contrary I would find it quite unsettling if there was no input on various things, and have very little patience for yes men; suck-ups or fanboys - I certainly find it somewhat distasteful to have people already spreading rumours after such a short period of time and with no facts to back them up.

While I personally am not phased by such things, you may want to at least wait until I miss the first deadline or the first bug is found before you start casting stones or you may find it harder to attract developer talent in future, not all developers have a thick skin and most of us have 100s of projects begging us to join them, generally we want to get on with actual work and not be dragged into political battles (or whatever it is going on here).

Know that I am on probation, as you the Guldencoin community are with me, if the community doesn't like my work, or me, once I have actually delivered it, they are welcome to tell me to take a hike, likewise if I as a developer don't feel the community is one I see a future in I will be equally quick to move on elsewhere.
I'm not getting any further involved in this fight except to say that in the end it is the community that is getting harmed when things like this happen, perhaps this should be considered before turning every little discussion into a fight over the same thing and using bystanders as ammunition in that fight.

Fair enough Malcolm. Again, this has nothing to do with you! You haven't been here long enough to be even bothered with it, so you can expect nothing but my support here as long as you deliver good work. From what I've read in the Panda forums, I do trust you are going to. The fact I took over 4 hours of back-tracking you has nothing to do with mistrust or hostility, it's just me, a shareholder of Guldencoin, doing Due Diligence.

vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:15:42 AM

oops just to break the argument. i sent my coins to trex almost 30 mins ago and it still isnt in trex. is there something wrong? or sending really takes time?
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:30:31 AM

oops just to break the argument. i sent my coins to trex almost 30 mins ago and it still isnt in trex. is there something wrong? or sending really takes time?

sometimes it just takes longer
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:31:51 AM

sometimes it just takes longer

investigated already.

there are still no confirmations and at the explorer, my transaction doesnt exist
johndec2

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:34:24 AM

NLG is supposed to solve 576 blocks per day, currently it is solving a little over 10% of that. See http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/  So it will take a lot longer for transactions to confirm.  Why? Above my pay grade. Ask the devs...
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: