Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:27:26 PM

If I were greedy, I would squeeze NLG as much as possible.

If it's all about profit, why not give Guldencoin enough room to increase the price. Your auto sells suppress the price. You can choose for a tactic that you'll mine less NLG but profit more because the price raises more naturally. You need less hash power/NLG to get the same profit. You happy, we happy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:35:05 PM

Why not leave mining NLG, Terk?

What I can do is to try to coexist with dedicated miners and make our profits only moderately higher than theirs, instead of squeezing them and making our profits three times higher than theirs. I want to coexist and leave you some space.

That sounds already better, also look at comment of Frais above.
sven22

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:36:38 PM

If I were greedy, I would squeeze NLG as much as possible.

If it's all about profit, why not give Guldencoin enough room to increase the price. Your auto sells suppress the price. You can choose for a tactic that you'll mine less NLG but profit more because the price raises more naturally. You need less hash power/NLG to get the same profit. You happy, we happy.

Frais for President!

NLG Donations: GarNBSDLovSQgPKqhLSiSwGes85VrESgto
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:36:47 PM

So till the point when any coin-switching pool find a new coin that coin can be 2-3-5 times more profitable then Litecoin or Bitcoin mining, after that a strange thing happens, profitability decreasing to the level of Litecoin or Bitcoin level or 2-5% above.
This observation come from my own experience, I mined new altcoins from day 1, 1st minute and I offen made 100x more profit in the first day then later, or maybe the first week was ok as well. Then it went to coinwarz or other shit sites which discovered the coin and ruined it entirely.

This is exactly what all of you mean when you whine and insult me. You want to be the one who makes 100x more profit or even 2-3-5x more profit and you don't want the competition.

sven22

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:42:43 PM

So till the point when any coin-switching pool find a new coin that coin can be 2-3-5 times more profitable then Litecoin or Bitcoin mining, after that a strange thing happens, profitability decreasing to the level of Litecoin or Bitcoin level or 2-5% above.
This observation come from my own experience, I mined new altcoins from day 1, 1st minute and I offen made 100x more profit in the first day then later, or maybe the first week was ok as well. Then it went to coinwarz or other shit sites which discovered the coin and ruined it entirely.

This is exactly what all of you mean when you whine and insult me. You want to be the one who makes 100x more profit or even 2-3-5x more profit and you don't want the competition.

You just don't seem to get the bigger picture Terk.. It's ridiculous.. Look at where our price stands now. If everyday you mine about 300k coins and auto sell them on Bittrex, what do you think what will happen?

The price can't climb and since you left our price raised allready 60%, coincedence? Make the calculation yourself and stop putting yourself in such a bad picture

Terk

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:47:21 PM

You just don't seem to get the bigger picture Terk.. It's ridicolous.. Look at where our price stands now. If everyday you mine about 300k coins and auto sell them on Bittrex, what do you think what will happen?

I think that now I get what you don't understand. Please read carefully:

We're not the only one coin-switch pool. If we leave any coins at higher than ~103% LTC profitability, then amount of coins which we won't mine will be mined by other coin-switching pools and will be instasold on exchanges by them. This is how it works in 2015. There won't be any scrypt coin which will be significantly more profitable to mine than Litecoin. Period. All scrypt coins will be trending towards LTC profitability because several coin-switching pool exist. We are just the largest pool, but if we leave any more space than we do, then this space will be taken not by your dedicated miners but by other coin-switching pools. This won't solve your problem at all.

You need to learn to live in this reality, because there is nobody who could change it - not you and not even me. CleverMining is not your problem, all coin-switching pools are. I can adjust our algorithms to leave you some space and to earn less on NLG to allow dedicated miners earn more - and this is what I do! But I can do it only to a point where the profits which we leave are actually taken by dedicated miners. I am not interested in leaving profits which will be taken by my competition which are other coin-switching pools. And it won't even make your mining easier or more profitable if this profit will switch from CM to other coin-switching pool.

I adjusted our algorithms to leave as much as possible for dedicated miners without creating opportunity for other coin-switching pools and this is really the best what I can do - please, understand this. I really would leave you more space if it could actually be taken by dedicated miners. But if I leave any more space, it will be taken by other coin-switching pools because everything what is possible to mine above 103% LTC profitability will be taken by coin-switching pools. This is the reality.

sven22

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:51:29 PM

You just don't seem to get the bigger picture Terk.. It's ridicolous.. Look at where our price stands now. If everyday you mine about 300k coins and auto sell them on Bittrex, what do you think what will happen?

I think that now I get what you don't understand. Please read carefully:

We're not the only one coin-switch pool. If we leave any coins at higher than ~103% LTC profitability, then amount of coins which we won't mine will be mined by other coin-switching pools and will be instasold on exchanges by them. This is how it works in 2015. There won't be any scrypt coin which will be significantly more profitable to mine than Litecoin. Period. All scrypt coins will be trending towards LTC profitability because several coin-switching pool exist. We are just the largest pool, but if we leave any more space than we do, then this space will be taken not by your dedicated miners but by other coin-switching pools. This won't solve your problem at all.

You need to learn to live in this reality, because there is nobody who could change it - not you and not even me. CleverMining is not your problem, all coin-switching pools are. I can adjust our algorithms to leave you some space and to earn less on NLG to allow dedicated miners earn more - and this is what I do! But I can do it only to a point where the profits which we leave are actually taken by dedicated miners. I am not interested in leaving profits which will be taken by my competition which are other coin-switching pools. And it won't even make your mining easier or more profitable if this profit will switch from CM to other coin-switching pool.

I adjusted our algorithms to leave as much as possible for dedicated miners without creating opportunity for other coin-switching pools and this is really the best what I can do - please, understand this. I really would leave you more space if it could actually be taken by dedicated miners. But if I leave any more space, it will be taken by other coin-switching pools because everything what is possible to mine above 103% LTC profitability will be taken by coin-switching pools. This is the reality.

Well I'm done talking, so if you have read the last message so be it.

Terk

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:52:59 PM

So you're coming in again to continue the rape? Well well big boy.

You want to make higher profit than competition and when competition does it better you insult them. I'm done talking at this level. I already wrote everything I had to say.

Goodbye everyone.

sven22

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:56:12 PM

You want to make higher profit than competition and when competition does it better you insult them. I'm done talking at this level. I already wrote everything I had to say.

Goodbye everyone.

I never insulted anyone, I just disagree the way you work, period. It's frustrating to see how our coin gets abused for about 5months.. CM and yes, also other big pools are like a wall where we can't get through to get a healthy coin and THAT'S WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

So stop saying that! We do understand as we see where it got us the last 5months.

So if you really REALLY want to help, see where this coin will go, reduce your hashrate more so that also we can climb, other multipools won't come in when they know you are in, leaves no profit for them!

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:59:31 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 01:31:01 PM by veertje

Goodbye everyone.

It is not competition, you see it as competition? We want dedicated miners to get their fair share and not constantly autoselling.
Frais

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:05:12 PM

You want to make higher profit than competition and when competition does it better you insult them.

No, it's about stability. Guldencoin is more than a coin on Bittrex.
Frais

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:24:12 PM

Clever mined their first blocks: https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/Gf7wGAwJGDLfoHcNCRLKZqpk2EQU5ixA6c
sven22

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:27:43 PM

DIGI to the test, here we go! Now we can see what's going to happen!

Mesterlovesz74

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:28:59 PM

Terk, what are you talking about?? Competition? There is nothing wrong with competition, but simple mining competition meaning someone mining this coin 24/7 and have more miners then me, so he mine more coins daily! That is competition!

But if someone aiming only the low diff blocks and get almost ALL of them and leave the high diff blocks to others then mine only the low blocks again, that is cheating or a simple steal in my book!

If you want to be a competitor then come and mine Guldencoin 24/7!!

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 02:07:29 PM by veertje

@ Mesterlovesz74: Clever mined 5 months 24/7. Only with jumping in with more power at low diff and lowering hashrate at high diff. Hope Terk comes to conclusion that it is best to compromise and not raising hashrate to much on NLG.  

@Terk: 10%  is more than enough. 
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:41:05 PM

Great to see all this progress guys!  Loved the interview with buerra, Awesome!!  
I tipped buerra a good ammount of Digibyte to donate that to the collective mining and you can keep those mined NLG / give them to the collective miners.
And with the rise of *** i will donate some more today  Grin
Soon i will be back for something i'm working on / thinking about.

Enjoy!

Michael
House of blue jeans

Much appreciated Michael, I will convert them shortly and add it onto the mining pile Smiley I think everyone can agree that is very nice of you. Sure you don't want in for 0.1 BTC Wink?

Sell them now at cryptsy/bittrex, it's x3 from yesterday.  Sorry for spamming tho Wink

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Frais

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:53:45 PM

Digi looking good so far.  Smiley
sven22

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:55:10 PM

Digi looking good so far.  Smiley

Can't see how much HP CM is putting on the Network, you have an idea?

investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:16:06 PM

Goodbye everyone.

I don't think the message to you has been conveyed correctly even though it has been mentioned. I think the biggest complaints in September was long block times aswell as easy block discovery. By reducing your hash against the coin you certainly did help reduce the block times, but then it highlighted the fact that you were coming in for the easy blocks after DGW3 was implemented. Also in the last 2-3 months what also made a difference which people have forgotten about is the fact the community was renting rigs to put more hash against the network which would of offset profits from jump pools.

The biggest complaint is the fairness of dedicated miners vs jump pools. No one can complain if you putting a constant 20 GH/s against the NLG blockchain and taking 80% of the blocks because you are playing fair.

Terk you have setup your pool at this stage much better then other jump pools. The price has gone up over 50% since you have been off the network which is a fact and not a theory. It appears other jump pools aren't having the same effect as you so well done to you and your miners who are trying to ROI on those future ASIC coffee cup holders.

So where does this leave us? The best solution is to keep spreading the word about the coin and get more people involved. Dedicated miners need to mine for future profits and not current prices as I am sure most of them are doing. Miners who are desperate for funds will mine with Terk and other jump pools. We know going POS does not help as every coin that has switched has almost died or evaluation has gone down shortly after.

It would be great if the jump pools also supported the coins they making profits from in other ways by contributing towards projects that this great team and community are coming up with but once again this just shows what jump pools are all about. It's very destructive because it's a service that just takes without giving back.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:28:23 PM

Can someone provide me with a read only account to a block explorer sql database?  PM me if you can, please.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: