Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:39:39 PM

@Fuse can I ask you to stop complaining at Terk? It is what it is, nothing in the near future will change that! Now it's our turn to do something else again! Would be great to see more dedicated miners join in. Allready send a message to Life4mining, but no response so far.

I think it was some kind of test that is, or maybe to get another reaction from us. Let's try to ignore the bad monkey!

You're right.  I'll back off.  I've deleted my post in his thread, and no one has quoted it to this point.

I know we need to grow our user base.  I 100% agree.  I'm not a marketing genius, so if someone has some suggestions on how to bring in more miners, I'll do what I can do to make it happen.

In the meantime, the Criptoe team is working on tweaking our simulator so we can publish it to the community soon.  Here's an updated view:

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

-Fuse

Community > Devs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sven22

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:41:17 PM

Thank you very much Fuse, we're in this together and we all appreciate the work you do! I'm just happy to be a little part in this!

NLG Donations: GarNBSDLovSQgPKqhLSiSwGes85VrESgto
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:41:55 PM

@Fuse can I ask you to stop complaining at Terk? It is what it is, nothing in the near future will change that! Now it's our turn to do something else again! Would be great to see more dedicated miners join in. Allready send a message to Life4mining, but no response so far.

I think it was some kind of test that is, or maybe to get another reaction from us. Let's try to ignore the bad monkey!

You're right.  I'll back off.  I've deleted my post in his thread, and no one has quoted it to this point.

I know we need to grow our user base.  I 100% agree.  I'm not a marketing genius, so if someone has some suggestions on how to bring in more miners, I'll do what I can do to make it happen.

In the meantime, the Criptoe team is working on tweaking our simulator so we can publish it to the community soon.  Here's an updated view:

-Fuse

This is really good stuff fuse, how did you guys build a simulator so fast?
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:55:14 PM

Lets get that monkey of our back Grin

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
thsminer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:09:23 PM

You're right.  I'll back off.  I've deleted my post in his thread, and no one has quoted it to this point.

I know we need to grow our user base.  I 100% agree.  I'm not a marketing genius, so if someone has some suggestions on how to bring in more miners, I'll do what I can do to make it happen.

In the meantime, the Criptoe team is working on tweaking our simulator so we can publish it to the community soon.  Here's an updated view:

-Fuse

Thats a good question. It isn't rocket science and sometimes the aswers are so easy to find... The first version took at most 24 workhours to build, looking for the right calculations in the original code included.

This is a quick and dirty version, it does what it has to do so thats fine for now. It's tested plain mining and with the NLG digi version. It shows the same results as we see right now in real life. The one page version Fuse posted is nearing it's completion and there is also a new algo built in that we have to test. Porting it to C++ in the near future is on the wishlist to be able to throw in complete unmodified routines from the github sources.

But at first we have to fix the algo in a way it holds for the next months. Crypto is a fast moving operation and it's not an option to sit and wait for months to fix something.

Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:35:41 PM

You're right.  I'll back off.  I've deleted my post in his thread, and no one has quoted it to this point.

I know we need to grow our user base.  I 100% agree.  I'm not a marketing genius, so if someone has some suggestions on how to bring in more miners, I'll do what I can do to make it happen.

In the meantime, the Criptoe team is working on tweaking our simulator so we can publish it to the community soon.  Here's an updated view:

-Fuse

Thats a good question. It isn't rocket science and sometimes the aswers are so easy to find... The first version took at most 24 workhours to build, looking for the right calculations in the original code included.

This is a quick and dirty version, it does what it has to do so thats fine for now. It's tested plain mining and with the NLG digi version. It shows the same results as we see right now in real life. The one page version Fuse posted is nearing it's completion and there is also a new algo built in that we have to test. Porting it to C++ in the near future is on the wishlist to be able to throw in complete unmodified routines from the github sources.

But at first we have to fix the algo in a way it holds for the next months. Crypto is a fast moving operation and it's not an option to sit and wait for months to fix something.

This is exciting news for us all, did I read it correctly that you building a algorithm for NLG?
markanth

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 07:47:43 PM

Found this when googling for large hash scrypt pools: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

thankfully the pools at the top mine the honest way.  Continuing to bite my tongue about how we arrived at diff 9125................................. moving on.................... 

interesting story of bad luck / good luck today on the Guldencoin blockchain.

Took neogulden pool an hour and 25 minutes to solve block 197236 with difficulty 881

Took neogulden pool less than 9 minutes to solve block 197368 with difficulty 9125

@Fuse: Nice simulator!  Can you tell us how many blocks per 24 hours you get in it with no jump pool involved but just dedicated miners with a constant hash rate?  I understand we shouldn't be wrapped around this 576 number.. but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 07:55:51 PM

@Fuse

Your opinion on this?

https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php?topic=850.0

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:02:57 PM

Found this when googling for large hash scrypt pools: https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

thankfully the pools at the top mine the honest way.  Continuing to bite my tongue about how we arrived at diff 9125................................. moving on....................  

interesting story of bad luck / good luck today on the Guldencoin blockchain.

Took neogulden pool an hour and 25 minutes to solve block 197236 with difficulty 881

Took neogulden pool less than 9 minutes to solve block 197368 with difficulty 9125

@Fuse: Nice simulator!  Can you tell us how many blocks per 24 hours you get in it with no jump pool involved but just dedicated miners with a constant hash rate?  I understand we shouldn't be wrapped around this 576 number.. but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

LTC1BTC:

Only in China.  We need someone to secure a partnership with some Chinese ASIC manufacturers.  You know they're putting out gear that can't be gotten over here.  Anyone want to go to China with me and smuggle back some miners?

Markanth, as soon as thsminer finishes his latest updates to the code, I'll let you know what we get as far as tested blocks per day.

I'm down with using any device to get a payout in NLG, without changing NLG's codebase, if I'm reading that right.  I might just dust off my GPUs and get back to old school mining.  If Cystem can help miners get NLG, and it can help thwart asshats(sorry, I had to say it) like Terk, then I'm all for it.  I might even look at those SP35s I've been eying lately.... LTEX, I'm looking at you  Wink

My only concern would be how we were obtaining the NLG.  If we're doing the same thing CM is doing with altcoins, I don't know if I feel right about that.  I would want to see the mining breakdown, and the effect on the altcoin ecosystem.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:13:08 PM

Yes the Sterlingcoin developers' multipool Cystum runs on a different kind of profit. The way I see it, if some big hash goes towards that pool (can be X11 or SHA or Scrypt, which most of us can mine here I think) and payout in NLG you have an effect on price which makes it profitable to more miners. Now if we lose the price due to a 'dump' the profitability goes, but it will also go for pools like CM. It's more or less a solution to becoming bigger by attracting bigger miners without having to invest a lot of cash by a small group of people to keep investing in major hashes.

For example if I can get the payout of NLG to go up with the collective mining by using the Cystum pool, regardless of me pointing the hashes at the NLG chain that is good. Now, if NLG is the most profitable coin and we're paying out in NLG then Cystum will mine NLG and straightup payout NLG to the miners that mine Scrypt and pay out in NLG (minus a standard poolfee of course).

So you either help make it more profitable for smaller miners or more miners or you sustain the chain with more hashes through a system that takes the hassle out of having to check what coin you need to mine or if it's profitable at all to mine NLG right now or not.

I think that's a good way of combatting stuff like the CM issue ánd helping NLG both with price stability and increased hashrate as it's either buying coins from the market to pay you as a miner or you mine NLG through the pool. Very cool opportunity for us and I am very happy that Matt and Spencer and Steven finally got that pool done. At least it's worth a shot Smiley
Jero

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:30:04 PM

Only in China.  We need someone to secure a partnership with some Chinese ASIC manufacturers.  You know they're putting out gear that can't be gotten over here.  Anyone want to go to China with me and smuggle back some miners?

Go with me to Thailand. I will arrange some guys smuggle it from China and we fly Bussiness class with our bargains from Bangkok back to home. No sweat  Cool

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:47:46 PM

Only in China.  We need someone to secure a partnership with some Chinese ASIC manufacturers.  You know they're putting out gear that can't be gotten over here.  Anyone want to go to China with me and smuggle back some miners?

Go with me to Thailand. I will arrange some guys smuggle it from China and we fly Bussiness class with our bargains from Bangkok back to home. No sweat  Cool

Sold!  I've always wanted to go to Thailand anyway.  I've got a buddy from another coin that has a pretty nice vacation house in Phuket.  Maybe I should hit him up and pay him a visit.

If I can smuggle a couple of these out too, I'm down:

Oh, and maybe I'll bring back a harem of nice Thai women.  I'm sure the wife would love that one lol.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jero

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:51:39 PM

PRICE REDUCED ON CRIPTOE SERIES 1 GULDENCOINS:

I have reduced the price of the Criptoe Series 1 Guldencoins by €5 across the board.  Coin numbers below 50 are now €20, and coin numbers above 50 are €15.

Cheers,

Fuse

https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434][url]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434[/url]

Will there still be a refferal program? In the meantime I continue to promote but for sure more will follow then...

Jero

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:54:40 PM

Sold!  I've always wanted to go to Thailand anyway.  I've got a buddy from another coin that has a pretty nice vacation house in Phuket.  Maybe I should hit him up and pay him a visit.

Oh, and maybe I'll bring back a harem of nice Thai women.  I'm sure the wife would love that one lol.

-Fuse

Phuket is nice but I know some better places to stay...
If you like these drinks, we go to Ho Chi Minh City (former Saigon) for the weekend. They manufacter these by the millions ;-)

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:06:19 PM

I have reduced the price of the Criptoe Series 1 Guldencoins by €5 across the board.  Coin numbers below 50 are now €20, and coin numbers above 50 are €15.

Cheers,

Fuse

[url]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434][url]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434[/url]

Will there still be a refferal program? In the meantime I continue to promote but for sure more will follow then...

TBH, I haven't looked into the referral program for some time now.  With all the commotion with algo changes and such, I never got back to it.  Let me see if I can get the gears turning again in my head to get this going.

-Fuse

Phuket is nice but I know some better places to stay...
If you like these drinks, we go to Ho Chi Minh City (former Saigon) for the weekend. They manufacter these by the millions ;-)

I'm sure anything over there is better than where I am in California.  I'm pretty sure I'll be living through this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9e0PGSDeU one day out here.

My dad was in the Navy stationed in Da Nang during the war.  He said he and his buddies used to drink that stuff.  I've always wanted to try it, but I've never found a reliable source.  I've got a bottle of Habu Sake from Okinawa that a friend brought me this last year, but you can't bring one with the snake in it into the states.  So I've been holding on to it, saving it for a special "let's get naked and steal a cop car" kind of night.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
sven22

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:19:40 PM

That's some creepy shit

NLG Donations: GarNBSDLovSQgPKqhLSiSwGes85VrESgto
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:53:29 PM

That's some creepy shit

Agreed.  It's not something you would want to see in someone's liquor cabinet if you didn't know it was there.

Supposedly, if the venom isn't dissolved properly, your face goes numb when you drink it.  I'm told it's one hell of a hangover though.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
real789

Activity: 294

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:29:09 AM

GULDENCOIN TO THE MOON  Shocked

===Sempak===
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:28:04 AM

Cheers,

Fuse

[url=https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434][url]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434][url]https://twitter.com/GuldencoinWeb/status/565250690701074434[/url]

TBH, I haven't looked into the referral program for some time now.  With all the commotion with algo changes and such, I never got back to it.  Let me see if I can get the gears turning again in my head to get this going.

Update for the referral program:

I added a very simple referral program to the store.  It will allow you to email up to 5 people to refer.  They will get a 2 euro voucher if they order, and you get a 2 euro voucher.  So you could essentially refer 5 people and get 10 euro in vouchers for a future purchase.  You need to have made at least 1 purchase to be able to refer people.

Additionally, I have set up a loyalty rewards program that gives 1 point for every euro spent on the site.  Every point is worth 0.1 euro in rewards vouchers, which can be redeemed on any order.  So for instance, if you spent 50 euro on the site, you would get 5 euro in rewards points to spend on a future purchase.

You can find the referral and loyalty rewards pages under your account info when you log in to the site:

I haven't tested it all yet, but worse case scenario, I will issue a voucher manually if something doesn't work.  Those of you who have made purchases, please let me know if your account is showing points available.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:20:49 AM

<snip>

-Fuse

This is exciting news for us all, did I read it correctly that you building a algorithm for NLG?

Along the way of finalising the simulator a test algoritm is build in that gives us the opportunty to change a broad spectrum of parameters without changing the code every time. So with that we should be able to devellop a stable algo that is pretty jumppool resistant on short notice.

@ Markanth: I ran a testrun with a stable hashrate and Digi in its present form should give around 450 Blocks a day. Problem with the current Digi  is that it has no backward visibility so it compensates where it's designed for but does not compensate the shortage. Second problem that amplifies this behaviour is the fact that it starts oscilating the moment the hashrate differs. Also those oscilations are not compansated.
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: