Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:58:32 AM

oops just to break the argument. i sent my coins to trex almost 30 mins ago and it still isnt in trex. is there something wrong? or sending really takes time?

NLG is supposed to solve 576 blocks per day, currently it is solving a little over 10% of that. See http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/  So it will take a lot longer for transactions to confirm.  Why? Above my pay grade. Ask the devs...

I think the Criptoe team pushed for a Digishield change, on DGW3 we were getting around 576 blocks a day. Although something needed to be done but I remember /GeertJohan advising against going digishield. I will try find the post where this was made.

Litesire

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:02:36 PM

Fuse makes VALID points. From reading how things have been posted lately, I feel he's been shunned and targetted for trying to help, and he's the only one from the outside trying to help!!! So what gives?

I'm not going to deny that the way the errors were presented weren't a little upsetting to me and my team.  When /GJ and I were discussing the issues in IRC, he asked if we should make a post about not moving forward with the change yet.  I suggested that we state that the code still needed to be worked on, improved and tested, and that my team would provide full support with testnets, hashrate, etc.  What the community got was a little different from that.  My team wasn't exactly happy about it.  We worked to provide support when support was lacking, and we made a single line code mistake that ended up causing this delay.

That being said, I don't see it as a shunning so much as another excuse to delay a change.  /GJ said himself the only reason he's going forward with it is because the community demanded it:

Understand that if it were up to me, we'd take more time to develop and test a better solution. But it seems the majority of the community wants to try Digishield..

A better solution.  Not DIGI.  A better solution.

I understand that things take time.  I understand that things need to be tested, including the validity of the simulator.  But you aren't going to find a more effective method of dealing with CM any time soon that doesn't involve a massive overhaul of the entire codebase, or an extremely long period of testing.  If you want to test DIGI against the simulator, so be it.  I'm all for seeing if it can accurately simulate real mining.  But don't delay what has already been delayed for 4 months while we wait for a tool that won't fix the issue.  And let me be clear- I wholeheartedly want the simulator to succeed.  But it's a long term project that doesn't need to be mutually exclusive of the algo change.  Fix the mistake that was made when DGW3 was implemented, and work on whatever you want to work on for the future of the coin.  In the meantime, without a code change, we're dealing with this still:

While the code we uploaded had a small error, the algorithm was in fact providing results.  If the devs don't trust the results, I suggest they start up a testnet and test it themselves.  Or the community.  Or anyone for that matter.  Real mining data that can be quantified and examined in real-time by anyone.  Just don't sit around playing it ultra-conservative because you want to wow the community with some new innovative idea or tool.  Push forward, make the changes that need to be made and refocus on the your future goals.  This change doesn't need to be the last change this coin ever makes.  If we have to push out another update at a later time, so be it, but at least we didn't sit around while 45 million more NLG get mined by CM.

Implementing Digi in NLG isn't even that much work, no need to ask the Digi dev's to do that for us.
What IS a lot of work is proving that Digi will actually protect us from a jumping pool, that's why we need to run these simulations. We need prove that the algorithm adjusts properly, and we must be able to explain HOW and WHY the algorithm is adjusting properly.

Two things I take from this post, and I could be extremely wrong, but I'm going to take a stab at it anyway.  First, DIGI isn't hard for /GJ to implement.  So he could have it done now if he really wanted to.  Second, there is already live blockchain data out there, and my "erroneous" testnet data, that proves DIGI works to mitigate jumping pools like CM.

Why delay if you have both parts of the equation?  Just solve for X already.

-Fuse

Here is a post I found where /GeertJohan wasn't happy about Digishield. We should have more faith in this dev team.

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:15:43 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 01:10:54 PM by LTEX

Fuse makes VALID points. From reading how things have been posted lately, I feel he's been shunned and targetted for trying to help, and he's the only one from the outside trying to help!!! So what gives?

I'm not going to deny that the way the errors were presented weren't a little upsetting to me and my team.  When /GJ and I were discussing the issues in IRC, he asked if we should make a post about not moving forward with the change yet.  I suggested that we state that the code still needed to be worked on, improved and tested, and that my team would provide full support with testnets, hashrate, etc.  What the community got was a little different from that.  My team wasn't exactly happy about it.  We worked to provide support when support was lacking, and we made a single line code mistake that ended up causing this delay.

That being said, I don't see it as a shunning so much as another excuse to delay a change.  /GJ said himself the only reason he's going forward with it is because the community demanded it:

Understand that if it were up to me, we'd take more time to develop and test a better solution. But it seems the majority of the community wants to try Digishield..

A better solution.  Not DIGI.  A better solution.

I understand that things take time.  I understand that things need to be tested, including the validity of the simulator.  But you aren't going to find a more effective method of dealing with CM any time soon that doesn't involve a massive overhaul of the entire codebase, or an extremely long period of testing.  If you want to test DIGI against the simulator, so be it.  I'm all for seeing if it can accurately simulate real mining.  But don't delay what has already been delayed for 4 months while we wait for a tool that won't fix the issue.  And let me be clear- I wholeheartedly want the simulator to succeed.  But it's a long term project that doesn't need to be mutually exclusive of the algo change.  Fix the mistake that was made when DGW3 was implemented, and work on whatever you want to work on for the future of the coin.  In the meantime, without a code change, we're dealing with this still:

While the code we uploaded had a small error, the algorithm was in fact providing results.  If the devs don't trust the results, I suggest they start up a testnet and test it themselves.  Or the community.  Or anyone for that matter.  Real mining data that can be quantified and examined in real-time by anyone.  Just don't sit around playing it ultra-conservative because you want to wow the community with some new innovative idea or tool.  Push forward, make the changes that need to be made and refocus on the your future goals.  This change doesn't need to be the last change this coin ever makes.  If we have to push out another update at a later time, so be it, but at least we didn't sit around while 45 million more NLG get mined by CM.

Implementing Digi in NLG isn't even that much work, no need to ask the Digi dev's to do that for us.
What IS a lot of work is proving that Digi will actually protect us from a jumping pool, that's why we need to run these simulations. We need prove that the algorithm adjusts properly, and we must be able to explain HOW and WHY the algorithm is adjusting properly.

Two things I take from this post, and I could be extremely wrong, but I'm going to take a stab at it anyway.  First, DIGI isn't hard for /GJ to implement.  So he could have it done now if he really wanted to.  Second, there is already live blockchain data out there, and my "erroneous" testnet data, that proves DIGI works to mitigate jumping pools like CM.

Why delay if you have both parts of the equation?  Just solve for X already.

-Fuse

Here is a post I found where /GeertJohan wasn't happy about Digishield. We should have more faith in this dev team.

The current extremely long block times are more the result of dedicated miners having left the playing field, leaving us with only multipools.

It's guys like Biomike that kept things rolling when the multipools were raping the coin, they have left now partially due to the one sided enforcements of the Dev team you try to defend. The way G-J was "progressing" on his sim, we would still be on DGW3 now and at current low dedicated hashes, we would be stuck in total...

Just to prove my point I just doubled the entire net's hash rate through Criptoe for a while...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Litesire

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:04:59 PM

The current extremely long block times are more the result of dedicated miners having left the playing field, leaving us with only multipools.

It's guys like Biomike that kept things rolling when the multipools were raping the coin, they have left now partially due to the one sided enforcements of the Dev team you try to defend. The way G-J was "progressing" on his sim, we would still be on DGW3 now and at current low dedicated hashes, we would be stuck in total...

Having had a quick look at AUR again something doesn't quite add up. The dev has not responded in almost a year, no updates to the coin in ages and your still waiting for the developer to take action while threatening to take over the coin.
It takes many minds and many opinions to make something work, the dev team is trying to be inclusive as possible and if you look at any other coin there is no democracy like you have with Guldencoin.

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

Please not the discussion about GJ and Criptoe again.

LTEX I understand some points about leadership and equal aknowledgement of members you are worried about. (Gizfreak en Lejenk kom er maar in  Wink)

But the current devs are doing a good thing atm as I see it. Communication also improved a lot about the algo change.
So please join forces again. You have made your point and it is good that you want to defend some respected members, but let them do it for themselves.

Rijk is not leading because of decentalisation, he says. But sometimes he is leading, but doing as if he is not leading, as I see it.
That is not always clear and consistent. That needs to be more clear, that's all, I think and is the reason you have mistrust also. I think both you and Rijk want the best for Guldencoin.

Let this thunderstorm lead to fruitfull talks about leading this coin instead of fingerpointing.  My wish.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:16:40 PM

Please not the discussion about GJ and Criptoe again.

LTEX I understand some points about leadership and equal aknowledgement of members you are worried about. (Gizfreak en Lejenk kom er maar in  Wink)

But the current devs are doing a good thing atm as I see it. Communication also improved a lot about the algo change.
So please join forces again. You have made your point and it is good that you want to defend some respected members, but let them do it for themselves.

Rijk is not leading because of decentalisation, he says. But sometimes he is leading, but doing as if he is not leading, as I see it.
That is not always clear and consistent. That needs to be more clear, that's all, I think and is the reason you have mistrust also.

Let this thunderstorm lead to fruitfull talks about leading this coin instead of fingerpointing.  My wish.

Your wish will be granted Sir!

Congrats on the promotion mr' HeroMember!  Grin

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:23:19 PM

Having had a quick look at AUR again something doesn't quite add up. The dev has not responded in almost a year, no updates to the coin in ages and your still waiting for the developer to take action while threatening to take over the coin.
It takes many minds and many opinions to make something work, the dev team is trying to be inclusive as possible and if you look at any other coin there is no democracy like you have with Guldencoin.

The reason I'm with Auroracoin from zero hour is simply because I think it represents a country that is by far the best place on earth to successfully implement Cryptocurrency. I therefor have supported it all the way, even when things got bad and rough. We are now forming a completely new DEV team that already has a registered foundation in Reykjavik, so we are getting rid of all the secrecy and make it transparent like NLG.

This might also give you an insight why I'm struggling so hard to keep supporting NLG as well. I'm here to seriously turn NLG (and AUR) into the most successful coins around. That's where my drive to fight for improvement on the dev side comes from!

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:26:16 PM

Congrats on the promotion mr' HeroMember!  Grin

Thanks. Never would have thought that a year ago that I would become a "hero"  Grin

Litesire

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:27:20 PM

The reason I'm with Auroracoin from zero hour is simply because I think it represents a country that is by far the best place on earth to successfully implement Cryptocurrency. I therefor have supported it all the way, even when things got bad and rough. We are now forming a completely new DEV team that already has a registered foundation in Reykjavik, so we are getting rid of all the secrecy and make it transparent like NLG.

This might also give you an insight why I'm struggling so hard to keep supporting NLG as well. I'm here to seriously turn NLG (and AUR) into the most successful coins around. That's where my drive to fight for improvement on the dev side comes from!

I can respect that, is the dev team going to be from Iceland and will they be using the code that the NLG developers bring out to use on AUR?

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:31:30 PM

I can respect that, is the dev team going to be from Iceland and will they be using the code that the NLG developers bring out to use on AUR?

Yup, one of the most important things was getting local people involved. We are very lucky to have found some excellent guys with good track records! We have a different, but very dedicated dev team there...

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:34:16 PM

Just to prove my point I just doubled the entire net's hash rate through Criptoe for a while...

There you go ;-):

Litesire

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:02:39 PM

Yup, one of the most important things was getting local people involved. We are very lucky to have found some excellent guys with good track records! We have a different, but very dedicated dev team there...

Enough talk though, get those Icelander devs to release some updates and PM me when they do and I will take look.

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:03:39 PM

As a silent supporter of Guldencoin I will raise my suspicions on what I am seeing unfolding. LTEX has a conflict of interest between AUR and Guldencoin and I do think he wants both coins to succeed. AUR just does not have the support Guldencoin has, not even close. So causing a bit of shit here and there and getting a few ex guldencoin supporters to switch coins will be a benefit to him.

As per the post below by a ex Guldencoin supporter.

I have been in close contact with Balduro from the beginning. It has always been clear to me that his plan was to launch this project and setup the initial parameters, but he also made it clear he was not intending to run or manage things forever. He wanted to create a community that would take over for he was trying to make this a truly decentralized coin. That's why I still believe he will deliver on his promise to destroy the pre-mine once this community has proven to be able to be selfsupporting. This is what will happen shortly as Dinobotta described above...

Still, if nothing happens in a decent timeframe, we also have the opportunity to rule out the pre-mine addresses during the inevitable hard fork. So either way, we're good...

Interesting to see you here as well. I am looking around a bit, this last week, a bit tired of that nationcoin we were both interested in. Actually I am still am, when things change. I really hated the way the devs treated you, after doing so much for the coin. Btw,  I am still holding some aurora and after seeing you here, I am holding even longer, I guess. I really like your marketing performances. Something else, I found another interesting cheap coin MAGI (xmg) which looks very good, I think. At the moment, I am unloading the nationcoin ( you know which one I am talking about) a bit and investing in MAGI.
Well, best of luck with your projects.

Expect the flaming against the founders and devs to continue until AUR is able to get enough of a community to start itself up again.

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:07:09 PM

Brito hits the nail on the head here.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:25:25 PM

As a silent supporter of Guldencoin I will raise my suspicions on what I am seeing unfolding. LTEX has a conflict of interest between AUR and Guldencoin and I do think he wants both coins to succeed. AUR just does not have the support Guldencoin has, not even close. So causing a bit of shit here and there and getting a few ex guldencoin supporters to switch coins will be a benefit to him.

I have been in close contact with Balduro from the beginning. It has always been clear to me that his plan was to launch this project and setup the initial parameters, but he also made it clear he was not intending to run or manage things forever. He wanted to create a community that would take over for he was trying to make this a truly decentralized coin. That's why I still believe he will deliver on his promise to destroy the pre-mine once this community has proven to be able to be selfsupporting. This is what will happen shortly as Dinobotta described above...

Still, if nothing happens in a decent timeframe, we also have the opportunity to rule out the pre-mine addresses during the inevitable hard fork. So either way, we're good...

Interesting to see you here as well. I am looking around a bit, this last week, a bit tired of that nationcoin we were both interested in. Actually I am still am, when things change. I really hated the way the devs treated you, after doing so much for the coin. Btw,  I am still holding some aurora and after seeing you here, I am holding even longer, I guess. I really like your marketing performances. Something else, I found another interesting cheap coin MAGI (xmg) which looks very good, I think. At the moment, I am unloading the nationcoin ( you know which one I am talking about) a bit and investing in MAGI.

Expect the flaming against the founders and devs to continue until AUR is able to get enough of a community to start itself up again.

Please LTEX don't do more damage here with comments, no fact AUR will be success where Guldencoin has 90% chance and you might end up with empty hands. It's like man who play two woman and they find out you been playing them and you lose both. Just advice.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

What, I'm now all of a sudden a troll in your Eyes? How convenient this must be to your small inner circle here! Fuck this! I have been and still am one of the biggest supporters and contributors of NLG. You of all people knows that extremely well Roel!!!

And it has never been a secret I have strong ties with Auroracoin, that has always been open on the table. The fact that I chose to support two coins the best way I can should not be held agains me!

Shame on you!

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 03:43:53 PM

Interesting to see you here as well. I am looking around a bit, this last week, a bit tired of that nationcoin we were both interested in. Actually I am still am, when things change. I really hated the way the devs treated you, after doing so much for the coin. Btw,  I am still holding some aurora and after seeing you here, I am holding even longer, I guess. I really like your marketing performances. Something else, I found another interesting cheap coin MAGI (xmg) which looks very good, I think. At the moment, I am unloading the nationcoin ( you know which one I am talking about) a bit and investing in MAGI.

Please LTEX don't do more damage here with comments, no fact AUR will be success where Guldencoin has 90% chance and you might end up with empty hands. It's like man who play two woman and they find out you been playing them and you lose both. Just advice.

Listen guys, I never started bringing up Auroracoin here, it is the fudfucks like Brito that do that. I simply have tried to answer politely to direct questions asked my NLG members here and even asked members from auroracoin who came here to stop that! Since MaNI joined NLG we have seen some PND guys here as well, are we going to hold that against him as well? Be reasonable please!

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:50:12 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 04:04:42 PM by veertje

What, I'm now all of a sudden a troll in your Eyes? How convenient this must be to your small inner circle here! Fuck this! I have been and still am one of the biggest supporters and contributors of NLG. You of all people knows that extremely well Roel!!!

And it has never been a secret I have strong ties with Auroracoin, that has always been open on the table. The fact that I chose to support two coins the best way I can should not be held agains me!

+1 LTEX.

Try to calm down all and tomorrow discuss as adults again. It is about trust and transparency. LTEX has some good points, I understand it. I also understand that some dev feel offended by LTEX with some words of mistrust. So I suggest let it rest for a day.

When this hot discussion is over Guldencoin will be stronger than ever, I am sure. United!

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 04:02:56 PM

I see you moved your assumptions to Bitcointalk before replying at our official forum. That's fine, I will give some insight here aswell.

But how do you think guy's like Meije feel, who have invested way more hours than Malcolm so far on his GuldenCoin app and was completely ignored in his cryout for help from Rijk to get the costs for it funded.

Did you personally keep track of Meije's and Malcolm's invested hours? If so, how did you do that? Or did you make this statement out of perception?
It also seems you've missed this topic I started for Meije's GuldenCoinApp funding: https://community.guldencoin.com/t/jaarlijkste-kosten-guldencoinapp/867

Or what about Frais who has been totally ignored over and over with his offer to help put a good forum together, only to find a new forum shoved down the communities throats without any consultation?

As you are also aware, we've publicy discussed the fact that we did make a mistake here by not discussing the implementation of the new forum with the community first. After that we've started a poll to let people vote for the forum. Even you voted for the new forum, together with the majority, so what more would you like us to do about this subject?

Or what about CoinFreak who was on a roll getting a radio campaign funded, only to see he needed to sort it out himself, no help again, just ignored.

You are also aware that CoinFreak proposed his plan to the community at our official forum, we have a special section for that called "Community Projects Funding". The majority decided against funding of the project. But maybe that was because of a misunderstanding from CoinFreak's side about C.P.F. The way it works is that you present your project and ask for funding, not that you present your project and expect other people to do it for you.

Roel had Nocks funded with 1 million within 4 hours after the CPF saw daylight. Not that I think Nocks shouldn't have been funded, but I do see a pattern where the inner circle is getting their way, while the rest of the community gets ignored over and over again!

Roel is a perfect example of how C.P.F. works. He proposed his plan, asked for funding, community decided and he received it. After that he went to work and finished it.

But here we are, three dev's getting 1mm

Again you are aware, that I only proposed this publicy to the community at the CPF section. I explained why and let the community decide. Nothing has been given.

If Rijk would have consulted me on this

Well I did didn't I? Is there a specific reason that I should only ask you about this? Because I think the right path is asking the entire community, which you are a part of.

Advised against proposing this to the community

I thought you were the one who is against backchannels and behind the scenes decisions. Nobody is stopping you from paying for development or giving out other rewards.

It causes trouble in a community if you rule by diversion

What causes trouble is people ruling a decentralized project. I am not ruling or leading anything: it's decentralized. Everyone can decide for themselves if and how they help Guldencoin. If people need help or funding, we have a perfect place where they can ask for it. And we have lots of members who can help.

Thats why I will not accept that the lousy way this dev team tends to communicate does more harm to this community that it has already done!

What really does harm to the community, is you making such trouble about a simple question. I only proposed that we reward the three developers for their hard work. What you did is making the assumption that I proposed that because our developers asked for money. They have never asked for money or rewards. I asked. I asked the community, publicly. And you could have simply said: No.

Still a few questions here for you to answer LTEX

I'm done playing that game with you Rijk. I'm out of here for now. Focus on your team and take care of your community!

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:07:31 PM

Shame on you!

The leadership of Guldencoin has been exemplary, since you are running AUR it must of dawned on you by now that running a successful project is not a easy feat and would surely take a united community to do this? Your actions are not uniting the community even if you truly believe your intentions are good.
It would be interesting to see the power you would have when your actions and feedback is done in a more positive and constructive demeanor, you might find you will have more ears that stand to attention and take note.

Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: