Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

i'm here tonight http://www.p3purmerend.nl/memphis-maniacs  Cool Cool
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

Are there any Anon plans with this coin?
Sorry, to busy atm to check whole thread

What kind of anon-plans do you mean?
xtrix

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

Still waiting for the final iPhone app.  Tongue

The current test version v0.6 works fine, but this week I got a problem with the indicated value in Euros. value '<0,01 euro' was displayed while the wallet has a lot of NLG. Does any one know what the reason and/or solution is for this problem? Can it be fixed  Huh

The NLG iPhone app 'Guldenwallet' should be accepted by Apple because there is also a wallet called 'bread wallet' (that works for the bitcoins) and looks exactly like the NLG wallet and is free to download from the app store as a bitcoin wallet.

markanth

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 05:01:20 AM

Wow, this low hashing power of Clevermining is exceptional...

Just played a little. I have added around 1GH hashing power to the network, preventing the diff drops below 400. That worked out fine.
Clever didn't lower the hashing power, but Clever will only jump in when the diff is low. At current price (445 @ Bittrex ATM) that diff level is around 400.

Last blocks found by Clever: https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/Gf7wGAwJGDLfoHcNCRLKZqpk2EQU5ixA6c
(Explore only the received transactions)
2014-11-14 12:39:11 +0100 diff: 357
2014-11-14 12:33:27 +0100 diff: 361
2014-11-14 12:33:23 +0100 diff: 362
2014-11-14 12:07:01 +0100 diff: 366
2014-11-14 12:06:57 +0100 diff: 366
2014-11-14 12:06:44 +0100 diff: 365
2014-11-14 12:06:31 +0100 diff: 362
2014-11-14 12:06:16 +0100 diff: 365
2014-11-14 11:52:35 +0100 diff: 366
2014-11-14 11:19:19 +0100 diff: 354
2014-11-14 11:18:09 +0100 diff: 351
2014-11-14 11:13:08 +0100 diff: 345

Monitoring is time consuming. Are here some python programmers? I see possibilities to make a bot.

CIG - Can you expand on what you're thinking? There are lots of possibilities to keep clevermining out of mining NLG, problem is none of them are profitable. Although some techniques could help minimize an NLG miner's losses. Are you thinking about a trading bot that would monitor NLG difficulty and sell NLG when necessary to keep the bittrex price just below clevermining's profitability threshold to mine NLG?   that would be pretty ambitious considering how quickly the difficulty swings.

If you want a place where you can see for each block solved by clevermining, the difficulty of that block along with the highest bittrex NLG buy rate and quantity at the time the block was solved, that's probably easy enough to host at nlgstats.  let me know how you'd want it presented I can whip something up.  It would be interesting to try and figure out if clever compares NLG profitability strictly to LTC profitability when making a decision to mine NLG, or also the other alt-coins they are targeting.  I assume the latter.  The better we reverse engineer clevermining the better we can design an approach to minimize their impact to the coin.

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:23:56 AM

The current test version v0.6 works fine, but this week I got a problem with the indicated value in Euros. value '<0,01 euro' was displayed while the wallet has a lot of NLG. Does any one know what the reason and/or solution is for this problem? Can it be fixed  Huh

The NLG iPhone app 'Guldenwallet' should be accepted by Apple because there is also a wallet called 'bread wallet' (that works for the bitcoins) and looks exactly like the NLG wallet and is free to download from the app store as a bitcoin wallet.

Let the devs know in this topic https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php?topic=508.0 about your iOS-issue please. ANN stuff might get lost along the way.

Your logic of it should be accepted by Apple due to the fact they've accepted Breadwallet is one I can understand, unfortunately it does not work that way. Chances of Apple accepting Guldenwallet straight into the App Store are slim, even if the app is 100% solid and up to their standards they can deny access because it is not a Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin app (yes, they can be that illogical). Be prepared for a big fat no, if it's a yes then we have all the more joy and less disappointment Wink
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:27:42 AM

I want to make three points about the idea of price manipulation to combat our problems right now:

First- price manipulation will never work properly.  There are too many variables, and too much outside influence on possible outcomes.

Second- people were opposed to IP banning a single pool because it was too "centralized", but they aren't opposed to price regulation similar to what governments do?  I'm lost in the rational behind that reasoning.

Lastly- I, and I'm damn sure a lot of other business minded NLG holders, won't sell NLG at lower prices to fund projects for NLG.  There are a ton of project ideas I have for this coin, but I'm not selling out large portions of my wallet to make them happen.  I took fiat loans from family members to fund my current project because of the low NLG and BTC trading prices.  It's bad business, but I had to do it.  The price needs to go up.  If we can let that happen naturally by eliminating the 50% daily insta-sell, I think we'd be seeing a lot more community involvement.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
strataghyst

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:40:43 AM

I want to make three points about the idea of price manipulation to combat our problems right now:

First- price manipulation will never work properly.  There are too many variables, and too much outside influence on possible outcomes.

Second- people were opposed to IP banning a single pool because it was too "centralized", but they aren't opposed to price regulation similar to what governments do?  I'm lost in the rational behind that reasoning.

Lastly- I, and I'm damn sure a lot of other business minded NLG holders, won't sell NLG at lower prices to fund projects for NLG.  There are a ton of project ideas I have for this coin, but I'm not selling out large portions of my wallet to make them happen.  I took fiat loans from family members to fund my current project because of the low NLG and BTC trading prices.  It's bad business, but I had to do it.  The price needs to go up.  If we can let that happen naturally by eliminating the 50% daily insta-sell, I think we'd be seeing a lot more community involvement.

-Fuse

I totally agree with you price manipulation is never a good idea. I also changed my mind about banning I was never a fan but in this case especially with the solution thsminer brought up this might work out wright
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

strataghyst my guldencoin adress can get out of your signature
CIG

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:02:09 AM

CIG - Can you expand on what you're thinking? There are lots of possibilities to keep clevermining out of mining NLG, problem is none of them are profitable. Although some techniques could help minimize an NLG miner's losses. Are you thinking about a trading bot that would monitor NLG difficulty and sell NLG when necessary to keep the bittrex price just below clevermining's profitability threshold to mine NLG?   that would be pretty ambitious considering how quickly the difficulty swings.

If you want a place where you can see for each block solved by clevermining, the difficulty of that block along with the highest bittrex NLG buy rate and quantity at the time the block was solved, that's probably easy enough to host at nlgstats.  let me know how you'd want it presented I can whip something up.  It would be interesting to try and figure out if clever compares NLG profitability strictly to LTC profitability when making a decision to mine NLG, or also the other alt-coins they are targeting.  I assume the latter.  The better we reverse engineer clevermining the better we can design an approach to minimize their impact to the coin.

You 're right. Mining isn't profitable. And still it's very important we keep mining. I see possibilities to get close to break-even. All well known hashrentals are offering API's. It's a matter of smart hiring hashpower: at the right time for the lowest price. The right time is when the diff trends to drop below the point where Clever jumps in. The lowest hiring price doesn't need explanation. If we succeed in preventing the diff dropping to low, then we got a double-edged sword. A drop in the diff is always followed by a spike. Thus if we level out the drops, we level out the spikes. Since the dedicated miners are mining the spikes, it is easier (meaning with less power) to mine the spikes. Because Clever is mining only when it's profitable and if we mine just above that point, we can get close to break-even.

The price on Bittrex is an important variable. It determines at what diff Clever jumps in. I don't believe in price manipulation on Bittrex. Although it helps if the marketprice is low, in the long run the market trend always wins.

I'm not a programmer. Thus I need help on automating the smart hashpower buying. I figured out some game rules. I can explain that to the developer of the bot. An important variable is the difficulty level at which Clever jumps in. Fantastic if you can work on that Markanth.
xtrix

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:03:45 AM

Let the devs know in this topic https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php?topic=508.0 about your iOS-issue please. ANN stuff might get lost along the way.

Your logic of it should be accepted by Apple due to the fact they've accepted Breadwallet is one I can understand, unfortunately it does not work that way. Chances of Apple accepting Guldenwallet straight into the App Store are slim, even if the app is 100% solid and up to their standards they can deny access because it is not a Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin app (yes, they can be that illogical). Be prepared for a big fat no, if it's a yes then we have all the more joy and less disappointment Wink
Thanx Buerra, I placed the message at the other forum.

It would be very sad when the app is not excepted. It is the only way to do the payments at subway or other commercial businesses.  

strataghyst

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:51:43 AM

strataghyst my guldencoin adress can get out of your signature

Done Grin
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:55:04 AM

It would be very sad when the app is not excepted. It is the only way to do the payments at subway or other commercial businesses.  

People who have the Guldenwallet on their iPhones now can use it though. So you should be good if the issues you raised are fixed Wink
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:57:51 AM

-Fuse

I wouldn't sell mine either. I've paid for my projects out of my own pocket too, if the business is good I'll make that back anyway without putting a strain on the NLG price Smiley. Hope to have more details soon on my launches. Lot's of bugs to be fixed before I'm comfy launching Smiley
OpenforBusiness

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:13:14 PM

-Fuse

I wouldn't sell mine either. I've paid for my projects out of my own pocket too, if the business is good I'll make that back anyway without putting a strain on the NLG price Smiley. Hope to have more details soon on my launches. Lot's of bugs to be fixed before I'm comfy launching Smiley

Just to let everyone know, I am working with Buerra on these projects... coming up with the ideas and getting 3rd party developers doing the work, all Dutch and we get them invested in NLG in the process. Service updates, new projects and fun stuff coming in the near future. All profits we make from these projects are going back into developing more systems for Guldencoin. We make a little bit of profit on these projects to make sure we can keep 'm running and keep developing more features and services to benefit the entire NLG economy.

markanth

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:08:05 PM

CIG - Can you expand on what you're thinking? There are lots of possibilities to keep clevermining out of mining NLG, problem is none of them are profitable. Although some techniques could help minimize an NLG miner's losses. Are you thinking about a trading bot that would monitor NLG difficulty and sell NLG when necessary to keep the bittrex price just below clevermining's profitability threshold to mine NLG?   that would be pretty ambitious considering how quickly the difficulty swings.

If you want a place where you can see for each block solved by clevermining, the difficulty of that block along with the highest bittrex NLG buy rate and quantity at the time the block was solved, that's probably easy enough to host at nlgstats.  let me know how you'd want it presented I can whip something up.  It would be interesting to try and figure out if clever compares NLG profitability strictly to LTC profitability when making a decision to mine NLG, or also the other alt-coins they are targeting.  I assume the latter.  The better we reverse engineer clevermining the better we can design an approach to minimize their impact to the coin.

You 're right. Mining isn't profitable. And still it's very important we keep mining. I see possibilities to get close to break-even. All well known hashrentals are offering API's. It's a matter of smart hiring hashpower: at the right time for the lowest price. The right time is when the diff trends to drop below the point where Clever jumps in. The lowest hiring price doesn't need explanation. If we succeed in preventing the diff dropping to low, then we got a double-edged sword. A drop in the diff is always followed by a spike. Thus if we level out the drops, we level out the spikes. Since the dedicated miners are mining the spikes, it is easier (meaning with less power) to mine the spikes. Because Clever is mining only when it's profitable and if we mine just above that point, we can get close to break-even.

The price on Bittrex is an important variable. It determines at what diff Clever jumps in. I don't believe in price manipulation on Bittrex. Although it helps if the marketprice is low, in the long run the market trend always wins.

I'm not a programmer. Thus I need help on automating the smart hashpower buying. I figured out some game rules. I can explain that to the developer of the bot. An important variable is the difficulty level at which Clever jumps in. Fantastic if you can work on that Markanth.

Understood.. definitely an interesting idea to discuss.  thanks for the clarification.  It's good of you to try and help those who are mining at a loss to keep the block gaps low.  My humble point of view:  Whether someone is adding a little more hashing power to keep the difficulty just above clever's mining threshold, or someone is selling a few pennies worth of NLG on bittrex to keep the price just below clever's mining threshold, it's essentially accomplishing the same thing.. keeping clever out, thus creating a fair playing field for the dedicated miners.  So do we call this difficulty manipulation and everyone gets upset? Smiley eventually the person renting the hashing power is going to be selling that newly acquired NLG anyway to cover the hashrate rental costs. 

A software program that will dynamically keep the balance of NLG price to hashrate ratio just above where clever would jump in by adding additional hashrate to the network is interesting.  I'm not sure how responsive and accurate these mining rental apis are.. Other potential factors:

- The amount of hashing clever has at it's disposal   This changes over time.
- The price to hashrate ratio of other alt-coins clever is jumping in and out of.
- The price of hashrate rentals

I'm on holiday with the family presently, but expect a 'clever watcher' tab at nlgstats over the next few weeks that will attempt to track exactly under which circumstances clevermining will jump in at..  Hope to have the info available by the time the simulator is released so this could help simulate a jump pool's behavior.  I'll try to record:

- difficulty of block clever solves
- highest buy on bittrex (let me know if this is best)
- network hashrate as reported on guldenpool.nl? (is there an api for this? I think so)
- clever's total hashrate (published hourly, may have to webscrape this one)
- a few litecoin profitability stats for comparison (anyone have a good source for this?)

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
xtrix

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:10:33 PM

People who have the Guldenwallet on their iPhones now can use it though. So you should be good if the issues you raised are fixed Wink
Very true  Grin

But I like to be able to convince my friends to download the guldencoin wallet as well. And they mainly have iPhones.
When they pay my bear at a pub in Euros, I would like to instantly pay them back in Guldens  Cheesy. How more people have Guldens in there wallets, how better the gulden is distributed, how better the future for the Gulden. Therefor, it is important that the App is accepted by Apple.

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:10:44 PM

Just to let everyone know, I am working with Buerra on these projects... coming up with the ideas and getting 3rd party developers doing the work, all Dutch and we get them invested in NLG in the process. Service updates, new projects and fun stuff coming in the near future.

What a great job you are doing guys!
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:25:40 PM

Very true  Grin

But I like to be able to convince my friends to download the guldencoin wallet as well. And they mainly have iPhones.
When they pay my bear at a pub in Euros, I would like to instantly pay them back in Guldens  Cheesy. How more people have Guldens in there wallets, how better the gulden is distributed, how better the future for the Gulden. Therefor, it is important that the App is accepted by Apple.

You can ask them to download it through the Guldenwallet website now so more people have the app, and use it. The more users sign-up through Testflight, the better case we can present to Apple. My girlfriend has the app on her iPhone as well, helped her a little with the Testflight route though, but it's easy enough.
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:27:14 PM

Just to let everyone know, I am working with Buerra on these projects... coming up with the ideas and getting 3rd party developers doing the work, all Dutch and we get them invested in NLG in the process. Service updates, new projects and fun stuff coming in the near future.

What a great job you are doing guys!

This sounds very great! I feel somewhere 2015 will be the year of Guldencoin.

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:06:47 PM

- network hashrate as reported on guldenpool.nl? (is there an api for this? I think so)

I already looked this up:
http://guldenpool.nl:27100/global_stats
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: