Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
s1crow

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

ATM- Nobody wants your empty promises or your now outdated, improperly shipped, plagued with problems, "do our job and build it for us" Heap O Crap and/or kits.  We want our money refunded.  I no longer want your over-sized brick, I want my 10K returned to me along with these other customers who you have taken such good care of.  The customers that have given you more than the benefit of the doubt.   

AMT not keeping their promises?  SHOCKER!!  Oh by the way, if they don't come through for you tomorrow, WAIT LONGER!!  Also just so you know, NO REFUNDS!!  If you have a problem with that, call one of the many friendly customer service reps at AMT and they will answer your unanswered questions promptly.    If by chance, you get their answering machine, no worries, they will call you right back.  HAPPY HASHING!!

Kimberly M. Donaldson Smith
Chimicles & Tikellis LLP
One Haverford Centre
361 West Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA  19041
Telephone: 610-642-8500  Ext. 302
Fax: 610-649-3633
kimdonaldson@chimicles.com
www.chimicles.com

CALL THEM!!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:58:11 AM

no.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:07:01 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 07:41:50 AM by rik_khaos

So I got a GPIO cable from a third party.

For some odd only get two modules to come up. and of those two only one is hashing.

I'll be giving josh a not so happy call tomorrow asking for an immediate refund.  I know this isn't going to get me anything but I'll be asking him on the phone.

Looks like there is 1 chip on top board that is drawing power I can tell because the copper heatsink has darkened. and though ti's not recognized it still gets warm\

I'm going to lose my mind here. And when I do someone is going to be in a world of hurt.

Update 2 hashing modules working in tandem for 383GH a bit less than 1/4 of what I paid for.

Board three is reporting chips 3,4 and 5 broken with 0, 8 and 8 cores working on each respectively. but doesn't always get recognized.

I added two more fans.

Any tips on how I might get these other boards communicating? AMT give me a call about RMA because if you don't I'll be calling you.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:09:20 AM

For some odd only get two modules to come up. and of those two only one is hashing.

I'll be giving josh a not so happy call tomorrow asking for an immediate refund.  I know this isn't going to get me anything but I'll be asking him on the phone.

Looks like there is 1 chip on top board that is drawing power I can tell because the copper heatsink has darkened. and though ti's not recognized it still gets warm\

I'm going to lose my mind here. And when I do someone is going to be in a world of hurt.

Sad dude....

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:59:43 AM

Sad dude....

All I can hear is the sound of you wanking off wanking off to the thoughts you have of your self-perceived intelligence.

And that is Sad dude... it's funny because besides filing the reports that I mentioned you have absolutely no idea other courses of actions I have taken. Though my guess is you assume justice only happen when we have someone hanging by a tree from their neck, because if not you assume everyone is some sort weeping victimized child.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:13:37 AM

I'll be giving josh a not so happy call tomorrow asking for an immediate refund.  I know this isn't going to get me anything but I'll be asking him on the phone.

Sad dude....

All I can hear is the sound of you wanking off wanking off to the thoughts you have of your self-perceived intelligence.

And that is Sad dude... it's funny because besides filing the reports that I mentioned you have absolutely no idea other courses of actions I have taken. Though my guess is you assume justice only happen when we have someone hanging by a tree from their neck, because if not you assume everyone is some sort weeping victimized child.
Dude what I know is that Zipkin poserkoto can go to jail for life. Jus do not give up
Besides I explained very clearly why I beehive in such way with you. Zipkin deleted this also.
Again to make long story shout I am not happy about your position and I am NOT laughing at you in any way
But at the end if everything else fails a tree idea is worth to try Wink
I believe Zipkin can go to jail for hiding taxes also. But this will come along with investigation and suits
He offered money under the table here in public which means that he is hiding taxes for sure
Zipkin you will dream of Genno stakes very soon Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:18:33 AM

I'll be giving josh a not so happy call tomorrow asking for an immediate refund.  I know this isn't going to get me anything but I'll be asking him on the phone.

Update 2 hashing modules working in tandem for 383GH a bit less than 1/4 of what I paid for.

Board three is reporting chips 3,4 and 5 broken with 0, 8 and 8 cores working on each respectively. but doesn't always get recognized.

I added two more fans.

Any tips on how I might get these other boards communicating? AMT give me a call about RMA because if you don't I'll be calling you.

On the bad/slow board, I will guess it is the one with the discolored copper sink on top of one of the chips. Copper has to hit 600 or so to discolor like that.
Remove that board if so. Just run the two good ones till something else breaks, or the replacements finally come thru.
Try to learn the machines personality, it will be better if these come thru. If they do not - not only us, but bitcoin takes another hit on the chin.
It seems to be getting bad out in RL when I talk to outsiders now, they only know the bad stuff, and quite a bit of that.
Of the good, they know almost nothing.

Friction needs at least a resend of a complete kit, his was really broken up, power plugs missing. bent sinks ect. Casey and a few more all need parts.
Dunno, I would fight to get it working, no matter what, that is how I am I never give up. Even if it is My Dime getting spent.

OH... Never sued anyone in my life, never will.
I put three professions judged the same.
Doctors, Lawyers and Thieves.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:33:39 AM

ATM- Nobody wants your empty promises or your now outdated, improperly shipped, plagued with problems, "do our job and build it for us" Heap O Crap and/or kits.  We want our money refunded.  I no longer want your over-sized brick, I want my 10K returned to me along with these other customers who you have taken such good care of.  The customers that have given you more than the benefit of the doubt.  

AMT not keeping their promises?  SHOCKER!!  Oh by the way, if they don't come through for you tomorrow, WAIT LONGER!!  Also just so you know, NO REFUNDS!!  If you have a problem with that, call one of the many friendly customer service reps at AMT and they will answer your unanswered questions promptly.    If by chance, you get their answering machine, no worries, they will call you right back.  HAPPY HASHING!!

Chimicles & Tikellis LLP
One Haverford Centre
Haverford, PA  19041
Telephone: 610-642-8500  Ext. 302
www.chimicles.com

CALL THEM!!

Well, looks like I am one of those folks with a "oversized brick".

Looks like I don't have any other recourse but to talk to the attorneys.

AMT still owes me a working unit and a ROI on based on its MPP.

Just to add insult to injury,  AMT claims on their website:

AMT 3.2THs Bitcoin Miner

20 units left for April 15th, 2014 shipment.

It is now April 18th.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:59:40 AM

ATM- Nobody wants your empty promises or your now outdated, improperly shipped, plagued with problems, "do our job and build it for us" Heap O Crap and/or kits.  We want our money refunded.  I no longer want your over-sized brick, I want my 10K returned to me along with these other customers who you have taken such good care of.  The customers that have given you more than the benefit of the doubt.  

AMT not keeping their promises?  SHOCKER!!  Oh by the way, if they don't come through for you tomorrow, WAIT LONGER!!  Also just so you know, NO REFUNDS!!  If you have a problem with that, call one of the many friendly customer service reps at AMT and they will answer your unanswered questions promptly.    If by chance, you get their answering machine, no worries, they will call you right back.  HAPPY HASHING!!

Chimicles & Tikellis LLP
One Haverford Centre
Haverford, PA  19041
Telephone: 610-642-8500  Ext. 302
www.chimicles.com

CALL THEM!!

Well, looks like I am one of those folks with a "oversized brick".

Looks like I don't have any other recourse but to talk to the attorneys.

AMT still owes me a working unit and a ROI on based on its MPP.

Just to add insult to injury,  AMT claims on their website:

AMT 3.2THs Bitcoin Miner

20 units left for April 15th, 2014 shipment.

It is now April 18th.

Zipkin the cloun has no limits guys Grin
Soon he will own complete btc network Grin
Zipkin poserko
only thing which is leaving your office is a total crap except melbro miner
Melbro miner is a crap also assuming the fact that it is produced by you
but somehow it is making 520 g as advertised so there is nothing to complain in this case
as I said buy a ticket and dash off while yo stil can poserko Grin

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:30:48 PM

A full week has gone by, our office is closed today because of stock market holiday. I am losing money every day. Why did you not keep your word about Monday, if you were busy, why did you tell me this would be picked up right away? Not only did I lose money on this, I lost a lot of my time dealing with this. What could you be spending time on? My order is from 2013? I need you to make me priority for once. You say you would call Fedex twice to me, but no one has shown up.
Dude,
It is usless. Zipkin is not giving a fuck about you. He comes everyday and deletes my posts but he has not time to drop you a pm or say something to all af you?
I doubt...

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:39:29 PM

I'm poking around the A1 developers thread looking to see what we need to drive the blades. Good place there to start is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235.msg4815054#msg4815054

Have already found that a program called Hexminer http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product&id_lang=1 can be used to com with the blades via pc/'ux. good start.
what info does this give you? im using putty to com with the pi. and you killall cgminer after logging in. then type cgminer -DT and it will tell you how your cards are running. "found 8chips 256 active cores" or similar repeated 3/5 times dependant on how many you have.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:42:56 PM

I'm poking around the A1 developers thread looking to see what we need to drive the blades. Good place there to start is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235.msg4815054#msg4815054

Have already found that a program called Hexminer http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product&id_lang=1 can be used to com with the blades via pc/'ux. good start.
what info does this give you? im using putty to com with the pi. and you killall cgminer after logging in. then type cgminer -DT and it will tell you how your cards are running. "found 8chips 256 active cores" or similar repeated 3/5 times dependant on how many you have.

Guy's
Hexminer from Technobit has nothing to do with Zipkin A1 crap
However it ca be used with Technobit bitfury boards sold by Zipkin
Or it can be used with Technobit coincraft boards which have nothing in common with Zipkin  a1 crap
So do not loose your time with hexminer
There is a saying when hardware is broken you ca not fix it with software

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:55:11 PM

Haven't played with Hex yet. No boards, no chips Sad
Looks to be a fairy universal miner link between the ASIC's and your computer.

I'm looking at talking to the blades or even just the 2-chip DIY boards without the Pi as supplied by AMT. Assuming I actually get a miner from them that is. If not there is always the Open 2-chip reference version https://github.com/bitmine-ch/bitmine I can build. The CGminer port for the A1 chips is here https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:14:35 PM

Take a look at the coincraft a1 based Dragon Miner from china:

A couple of them are selling on eBay.

Anyway, you will notice the massive heat sinks on the component side of the boards. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:16:59 PM

I have got my 2 1.2 miners now. I am working on making sure everything is well tested and will post a review on the hardware. As I picked up my hardware I did not deal with the shipping issues so I won't speak to that. I am preparing all the info for the miners. I will be running them for a week in my home before moving them into a colo. As it happens I got lucky and my house has two 20amp dedicated circuits one of which that is being used by an electric scent candle and a night light lol. So I can easily do an apples to apples test at the same time.

The important thing here is to make sure that you have a 20amp at least to run one. I have already backed up the sdcard image with dd. I just made it a raw image with the default setting and another version with a reconfigured IP for most routers and DNS (/etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf). While in most cases DHCP is good enough for most people, I set up a static version that will have a standard IP on login. I still have to test it so I will post up a link this weekend for it this weekend, and a review in a separate thread.

I will post more once I have them up and running. I have been pretty quiet lately mostly because I have been addressing other things besides this. But I have the hardware and will post more once I have it fully operational in a dedicated post. I will keep it self-moderated. really really want to keep that topic on specifically the hardware itself and its merits (or flaws) and make it an actual thread people can talk about hardware. There are enough AMT hate/company threads here for the other stuff. My focus is the hardware at this point not the company at this point that horse is being beaten to death (or has been 10x over).....

Josh is the one who personally got the hardware to me. He was pleasant to talk to but I could see the stress on him regarding all this. I could tell he wants to get this stuff out there and in working order. But I got the impression that it was just one mess after another in a few areas out of his immediate control. I also know this can be the case as sourcing assembly can be a mess with the assembly companies even at the best of times (I have had the displeasure of dealing with companies like that for smaller scale things as well so I can sympathize with the pain) . He owned the fact that it sucks to have this happening to those who ordered and just wants working hardware to get to people. I am a pretty good judge of character and I could tell this was genuine. He did recognize the anger people are feeling and is just working to get things out. Might explain why we don't see alot of AMT posts right now as a result.

I wont speculate much beyond what I just did, just my own experience on what I dealt with while I was there. I know it's not much, but for those waiting hang in there your stuff is coming. Just follow up and keep things cordial It will ultimately help you get better results and keep their stress level down which helps you get better results lol not because they are retaliating or any such non. Their situation seems pretty rough right now but they are working hard on getting things out there based on what I could tell. I imagine once they got the orders out they will start addressing any other issues. It's not a consolation but its a hell of alot better than nothing or thinking they are scamming you. I did not get that impression at all. The other staff I saw (didn't get their names) just all looked stressed. Their body language betrayed it even if they didn't say it.

All said I got the DIY miners and will be posting more on their operation. I am hoping maybe with a few others who have working miners or can get them working we can all work together to make the most of the hardware. These kits really are DIY so if you are inexperienced (meaning you don't have actual experience beyond building a gaming PC don't mess with this option period). If you are expecting this to be as simple as assembling a PC be prepared for a very rude awakening. While the actual physical assembly is straight forward, there is also another piece to consider. For your own sake and sanity have a heatgun and DVM handy as well as a kill-a-watt to measure things. This is mostly to provide your own QA and protect your investment from getting fried (you have been warned). Keep a close eye on the temps of the individual boards after first powering it up. And if you are running in your home....cooling..cooling..cooling. These things are hot from all indications.  I will know more once I have them fully powered up and running and will post more in that thread likely over the weekend.

The real challenge is for those who are unfamiliar with linux. The initial network config is easy for anyone who uses linux. Just attach the sdcard into a linux pc or vm. Edit the /etc/network/interfaces file to reflect your network settings. But the real challenge is for anyone who knows nothing of commandline linux. Hopefully with the hardware thread we can all work together to get the most of out of this setup.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:26:53 PM

Can anyone recommend an alternative heat sink for the AMT boards?

There are a ton of different ones on eBay.

I'm looking for one to replace the puny heat sinks that come with the AMT board.  Also looking for one that will fit with the board.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:32:49 PM

Can people get their money back from AMT? What's their refund policy?

I suggest you join me in showing all US companies how things should be done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.0

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:46:52 PM

@opium2
Did you get psu's with your kits. Trying to figure out if they got in the power supplies. Are they shipping any complete units? sad that I have to ask but AMT has gone silent as we all know.

Starting this new thread so they could better communicate with their customers was genius.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

@opium2
Did you get psu's with your kits. Trying to figure out if they got in the power supplies. Are they shipping any complete units? sad that I have to ask but AMT has gone silent as we all know.

Starting this new thread so they could better communicate with their customers was genius.

Yes, I got a 1500 w silverstone power supply with the kit.

However, no backplane, cable, case or lcd.

The fact that they aren't even supplying the lcd with the DIY kits tells you that they are still trying to cut corners.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:01:53 PM

@opium2

Yes, I got a 1500 w silverstone power supply with the kit.

However, no backplane, cable, case or lcd.

The fact that they aren't even supplying the lcd with the DIY kits tells you that they are still trying to cut corners.

I may have misunderstood their previous post but I thought they said the lcd was removed from all the machines because the tape they were using was coming loose and the screen was falling over and shorting out the pi or something like that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: