Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:29:36 PM

Hence my last post, getting two Antminer S2's at 2599 each would be 2Ths for us. And they pocket 500 bucks actually (I am correcting myself as its 5599). we paid alot of money for this hardware. They still have to deal with the logistics of getting the money back from the SMD house who fucked up their production. But that's not to put it coldly our problem. Ours is to get what we paid for. BUT if AMT wants to make this right with a minimal loss, going the S2 route for us would be the best. And I imagine buynig them in bulk results in some kind of discounts which mean they can pocket that discounted amount while still giving us the THs we paid for adn then some. We all win under this scenario. I presume 2199 based on the 4 dollar discounts they give for existing customers. Buying in bulk likely they would provide some discount there.

@AMT Hitting up bitmaintech for info might not be a bad idea to get this done. We all win here and you start to win credibility with delivery. You maintain yourself as a reseller. The rebuild of hardware might be more costly presuming not to mention time consuming. This would at least act as a stopgap until you can restructure or redevelop the hardware and come back stronger later on. But for now this might at least legally satisfy everyone here.

Buying Antminer rigs to compensate customers implies that they have the cash to buy them.

I don't think they have the cash,  all they have are a bunch of coincraft A1 chips and technobit boards.

I suggest you all take them up on the offer to get the coincraft A1 chips because it looks like they won't even have the money to assemble the technobit boards!

An assumption considering they collected quite a bit from all the orders. Sure some got spent on operating costs, but they should have money on hand. But the chips will involve more expense for us to get those assembled into a miner. We already paid out for the hardware. We have defective hardware for those that received it, at this point the burden is on them to give us working miners from someone not chips. That is a retarded compromise that absolves them of any responsibility and its costly for us on top of that. They win we lose huge. We would be paying 50 percent of the original miner cost just to get those turned into boards.....That is a huge loss. Did you take math at the midvale school for the gifted?

Notice how quick they were to grant your request to get you those chips. They know that is an advantage for them and a loss for you. You aren't just taking a "haircut" you are getting cut off at the knees. You essentially are paying close to 9k for 1.2ths if you count what you paid PLUS what you tack on for assembling the chips into a miner.

Personally getting the existing hardware replaced for working reliable and tested hardware (a community vetted vendor like technobit) OR if they bought up and provided us with replacements like S2s would be an acceptable settlement for everything. Depending on what option they are taking at this point. Honestly if they want to get us hardware quick and get this over with the S2 option would be the fastest. If they are assembling based on parts, then the technobit option (since they seem to be the only ones I know of doing this for the community) will take some more time that really is hurting us and them at the same time.

Point is all we want is the THs we paid for or better. We cant settle for broken hardware or compromises any more. It is not acceptable to anyone really. Would you pay for a hot dog and then haggle with the guy when he gives you half a hot dog or just the bun or just the hot dog with no bun? this is no different just on a different scale. We paid X for Y and should receive Y not Z or W. Plain and simple. I am not interested in the logistical hassle of getting chips assembled most people on here I dont think are either (chime in if you feel different). Those chips wont hash in my hands. I am not interested in investing another dime into getting this working. No one should. We paid for a WORKING 1.2Ths per miner period. That is what we should be getting. If AMT is facilitating that now somehow or are soliciting suggestions on how to get that, then I think that is a more than fair situation. But they need to tell us more about the situation before we honestly can sign off. They did solicit our opinions on it.

But getting chips might be good for you....you can blow the extra money on it. Not for me. I already spent more time and money on this than I wanted to. I think ALL of us feel the same way. We just want working hardware. I am willing to offer up solutions to AMT to make that happen (one of which is the S2 option) but its on them to do the proper execution on it.

Yes, I am completely aware that just getting the chips is a completely bum deal.   But if you did notice,  even with such a disadvantaged deal... AMT could not agree on actully doing it.  Why is that?

I know we all want to be compensated completely,  but I think it is *NOT* realistic anymore.

So my instincts tell me that I should try to grab whatever is left from the company.  That most likely are those A1 chips that are lying in their plant unassembled.  

There is already a very long line of customers waiting for AMT to deliver anything.   The folks at the end of that line (those folks who keep chiming in wondering what happened to the shipment) are all going to get nothing!  

The problem is for them that's not legally viable. They need to fulfill at least the bare minimum on this or else it will be a much worse for them. Realistically they have the hardware already to reassemble. They have options to make this get turned around. chips is more expensive for everyone but them. and that is not acceptable. Might be for you so you can go that route. They were talking to you about the 40+10 options. You were trying to milk them for more than that and that is why that option was shut down...dont misrepresent the situation. They accepted, you just decided to take advantage for more of them and they declined as they can really as its their option.

Realistically speaking we know we are not getting refunds at this point....so if we have to settle on something then its to get WORKING hardware we paid for regardless of the source. If they want to truly make it up to us then getting us more THs for the money we paid would go a long way to addressing the already damaged customer relations situation they have here.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

The problem is for them that's not legally viable. They need to fulfill at least the bare minimum on this or else it will be a much worse for them. Realistically they have the hardware already to reassemble. They have options to make this get turned around. chips is more expensive for everyone but them. and that is not acceptable. Might be for you so you can go that route. They were talking to you about the 40+10 options. You were trying to milk them for more than that and that is why that option was shut down...dont misrepresent the situation. They accepted, you just decided to take advantage for more of them and they declined as they can really as its their option.

Realistically speaking we know we are not getting refunds at this point....so if we have to settle on something then its to get WORKING hardware we paid for regardless of the source. If they want to truly make it up to us then getting us more THs for the money we paid would go a long way to addressing the already damaged customer relations situation they have here.

Milk them for more?  I asked for 40+10 chips,  however, I did not accept that I ship back their miner first.   The logical thing to do since they have a habit of not accepting returns.

Ideally, we all want more THs for the money.  That would be inline with what was promised by the MPP.

However,  I have no idea of how many more months we all have to wait to receive hardware.         

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:58:57 PM

Milk them for more?  I asked for 40+10 chips,  however, I did not accept that I ship back their miner first.   The logical thing to do since they have a habit of not accepting returns.

Ideally, we all want more THs for the money.  That would be inline with what was promised by the MPP.

However,  I have no idea of how many more months we all have to wait to receive hardware.        

And that's what my questions are for....a call to get them to answer exactly that. How long? Commitment to a timeline. And also what are they doing. Some transparency in the process will give us an idea realistically what they will be able to do and how long it will take. If they are going the technobit route why would you want chips? I saw your comments in there. They would be doing the same thing you would wind up having to pay for. OTOH if they are offering pre-assembled hardware like an S2 that would be a viable option that allows them to win moneywise and us with THs and getting what we paid for. Win-win. Far better than chips. I cant hash with chips nor am I interested in spending more money on mounting them on something. We should not have to have spent more money on any of this. But getting something back for the money we were forced to spend to make their hardware work (even out of spec) is something worthwhile. The 2x S2 to replace the 1.2Ths miner option gets us something (this presumes they actually consider this option).

The people wanting miners now with the current hardware design are in for a game of Russian roulette as the miner could just as easily go bad or be bad leaving the assembly plant. I already had that experience. So has pretty much everyone else here. At this point getting hardware that works in my hands is all I care about. 1.2Ths of working hardware at this point would be nice. Since I ordered 2 miners I would obviously expect 2.4Ths of working hardware. But like I said if they go the route of getting us equivalent hardware and are able to save a few bucks going that route AND gets it to us fast...that would settle things really quick for them on alot of levels and we all get to move on. Lawsuit goes out the door (and sends a big fuck you to clenell with all your spamming insults in my inbox over my comments).

The MPP can be fulfilled if not fully but at a lower cost. 2Ths over 500 bucks less than what we paid.....4Ths for those who bought 2 miners. Unless they have a considerably better arrangement its going to be hard to beat that. Bitmaintech also likley will provide bulk discounts so drives the price even lower. If they have the money to get teh chips reassembled they have the money to get new miners and settle this with everyone here right quick.

Hopefully we see a response from them soon on this.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:29:00 PM

The people wanting miners now with the current hardware design are in for a game of Russian roulette as the miner could just as easily go bad or be bad leaving the assembly plant. I already had that experience. So has pretty much everyone else here. At this point getting hardware that works in my hands is all I care about. 1.2Ths of working hardware at this point would be nice. Since I ordered 2 miners I would obviously expect 2.4Ths of working hardware. But like I said if they go the route of getting us equivalent hardware and are able to save a few bucks going that route AND gets it to us fast...that would settle things really quick for them on alot of levels and we all get to move on. Lawsuit goes out the door (and sends a big fuck you to clenell with all your spamming insults in my inbox over my comments).

There's no way to predict what the end game is going to be here.

Yeah,  I guess it sucks to have $12,000 worth of equipment that does absolutely nothing.

Well,  I feel half or your pain.  I have $6,000 worth of equipment sitting doing nothing in my basement.

Anyone want to buy this junk from me?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

Amt-
I understand that you're trying to keep it simple and I appreciate the honesty. I would however like to ask about the MPP, a reason why I chose to buy from AMT in the first place. I can purchase a 1th machine for now around $3,000. $6,000 was a fair price to pay when I ordered back in January and I understand that. I expected miners almost 2 months ago and did not receive. I have lost money waiting this long and would like some resolution. I understand how hard it is and everything that is going on, I really do. All I ask is for 100% honesty. If there is no MPP like stated, well fine. At least I'd like to know that to help me better decide what I'd like to do with my $12,000 investment.

My question exactly.  with the changing MPP story, I'm getting close to the newly stated "mine with your machine for 6 months, and if it hasn't ROI'd we'll upgrade" point.  which is complete and utter BS, but still, which one is it?  the falsely advertised one, or the new one that was made up to buy another 6 months?

The MAIN reason i made my purchase, was because of the MPP.  putting such an offer as a selling point, and then not following through on it is a perfect example of false advertising.

i started this post with the intention of being nice, since  the "nice" people  people get preferential treatment over those that make noise about wanting to get what they've paid for.  which also is complete BS.  

I really feel for you guys that are on the hook for many thousands of dollars.

the MPP was the only thing that made the extra cost of these miners "seem" like they would be worth it, and they are showing no signs of making good on that promise.  what does that say?

The new plan they've laid out is less than palatable.  I'd shit myself if that's what i was being told were the options for my $6000 spent.
If thy still have your money, they are using it to further their business, instead of making good to the orders already placed.  Why not ship what's been paid for, zero out the obligations and start over with what's left, if any.  if nothing left, then walk away and lick your wounds.

do the right thing AMT.  for once.  so far, not so good.

Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

Rik: You said it's good AMT is trying to solve these problems instead of "going out of business" because if they do so "people won't receive a dime".

This is pure unfounded bullshit.

A judge can demand garnishment the wages of those responsible to get the plaintiffs paid back. They can also take control of their assets in order for these monies to be paid back.

You all have become so desperate for a solution from AMT, you are about to let them get away with not delivering on what they promised.

Believe it or not, I'm sure they will walk away with money in their pockets from this "solution" for you all. AMT wants you to believe they are going bankrupt, and will do whatever it takes to appease their customers. I am not buying it for one second. I think if the reality was that AMT was hemorrhaging money, they would've already claimed bankruptcy.

They are simply trying for a solution that let's them keep some profits, and keep you all from continuing to pursue legal action and hold them accountable for this fraud.

Better off letting the courts decide what should happen. This will likely award you all for being decepted, as well as keeping AMT from ripping off new clients in the future.

Interesting how they are offering a "hosted mining solution" for some of you, yet they claim they don't mine. I wonder how they are going to go about mining for customers then. Oh wait, I know! They've been mining all along with whatever working hardware they DO have. They just sent all the non working/miners with issues to customers.

the last paragraph is awesome.  why any of you would EVER consider sending them MORE money, on top of what you've already lost is beyond me.  you like getting screwed so much, that you're going back for 2nds or 3rds?  

you've got to be out of your cotton pickin mind to continue a business relationship with these guys.  

AMT, sorry about the health and other issues, but you are obligated to give the people what they've paid for, or give them their money back.  Kudos to a creative solution to try to suck more money out of them.  shit happens, take your lumps and pay up.
mdiggy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

Hello everyone,
I just noticed something very very interesting. On the AMT website, there are new, more in detail pictures of the lower power miners.
1. How could they possibly sell any of these for such a high price?
2. Why would they want to try to sell more of them if no one will buy them???
3. Does this mean that they're trying to make themselves look more professional?
4. Coincraft chip page is also updated and moved to the front of the list. Maybe they want to sell out all of the chips?
What do you guys think?

Also to AMT-
If you hadn't received my last message I will go with option 1. Please confirm. Thanks. (Order #1275)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:16:13 PM

Hello everyone,
I just noticed something very very interesting. On the AMT website, there are new, more in detail pictures of the lower power miners.
3. Does this mean that they're trying to make themselves look more professional?
4. Coincraft chip page is also updated and moved to the front of the list. Maybe they want to sell out all of the chips?
What do you guys think?

Also to AMT-
If you hadn't received my last message I will go with option 1. Please confirm. Thanks. (Order #1275)

The prices are completely out of whack with reality.

The only logical reason why they are not reducing the price is this.  If they say they reduce their 1.2 THs to a competitive price of $3,000, then all those who have ordered a miner and not received one will demand 2 miners instead of 1.

The chip price is also bogus.  Coincraft A1 chips are going for around $40 per chip now and asking double is also ridiculous.

At this time it is becoming more and more pointless trying to negotiate with them.   It is probably best to just talk to the lawyers,  let them handle the ugly details.

AMT at this time is not operating like any normal company.  The entire website has not been updated and what they are selling right now are completely bogus and mis-priced.  Think about it, Cointerra is selling a 1.6THs system for immediate delivery for $3,500.   Why would anyone buy what AMT is selling?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:25:58 PM

Amt-
I understand that you're trying to keep it simple and I appreciate the honesty. I would however like to ask about the MPP, a reason why I chose to buy from AMT in the first place. I can purchase a 1th machine for now around $3,000. $6,000 was a fair price to pay when I ordered back in January and I understand that. I expected miners almost 2 months ago and did not receive. I have lost money waiting this long and would like some resolution. I understand how hard it is and everything that is going on, I really do. All I ask is for 100% honesty. If there is no MPP like stated, well fine. At least I'd like to know that to help me better decide what I'd like to do with my $12,000 investment.

My question exactly.  with the changing MPP story, I'm getting close to the newly stated "mine with your machine for 6 months, and if it hasn't ROI'd we'll upgrade" point.  which is complete and utter BS, but still, which one is it?  the falsely advertised one, or the new one that was made up to buy another 6 months?

The MAIN reason i made my purchase, was because of the MPP.  putting such an offer as a selling point, and then not following through on it is a perfect example of false advertising.

i started this post with the intention of being nice, since  the "nice" people  people get preferential treatment over those that make noise about wanting to get what they've paid for.  which also is complete BS.  

the MPP was the only thing that made the extra cost of these miners "seem" like they would be worth it, and they are showing no signs of making good on that promise.  what does that say?

The new plan they've laid out is less than palatable.  I'd shit myself if that's what i was being told were the options for my $6000 spent.
If thy still have your money, they are using it to further their business, instead of making good to the orders already placed.  Why not ship what's been paid for, zero out the obligations and start over with what's left, if any.  if nothing left, then walk away and lick your wounds.

Hence why if they are looking to do the right thing the best option is the bitmain s2's Since they would be buying them in bulk it would be simple to have them also shipped directly to the customers with outstanding complaints and zero out the obligation completely. Consider the fact that if they do that they can at least start over and do it right. Get the rest of us customers with issues off their backs.

Its dead simple. We get what we paid for plus a little extra on their end they pay ALOT less for each miner and we all walk away from this with something instead of negotiating subpar parts and assembly and less than what we got. Otherwise the situation just turns into something uglier for everyone and we all lose. But you are right Stan...they do need to do the right thing. And that means honoring the MPP...hence my suggestion for the Antminer S2s. easily the best option to run with to get this all done. After they fulfill that with existing customers they can get rid of the MPP and do what they wish from then on.

mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:36:07 PM

Amt-

Hence why if they are looking to do the right thing the best option is the bitmain s2's Since they would be buying them in bulk it would be simple to have them also shipped directly to the customers with outstanding complaints and zero out the obligation completely. Consider the fact that if they do that they can at least start over and do it right. Get the rest of us customers with issues off their backs.

Its dead simple. We get what we paid for plus a little extra on their end they pay ALOT less for each miner and we all walk away from this with something instead of negotiating subpar parts and assembly and less than what we got. Otherwise the situation just turns into something uglier for everyone and we all lose. But you are right Stan...they do need to do the right thing. And that means honoring the MPP...hence my suggestion for the Antminer S2s. easily the best option to run with to get this all done. After they fulfill that with existing customers they can get rid of the MPP and do what they wish from then on.

+1

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
mdiggy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:45:04 PM

Amt-

+1

Thanks for understanding and agreeing guys, it means a lot. An even easier option than the s2 would be to get the Chinese dragon miners. I have some and they run great at 1th and seem to be the best price on the market. As low as $2800 a terahash seems pretty good to me... Much better than $6,000. I would accept 3 of these machines for the 2 terahash amt miners I have on order. 2800*3=8400. I spent 12000 with you and have lost revenue in the two months I could've been mining. But I'll take what I can get.
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:01:22 AM

Amt-

+1

Thanks for understanding and agreeing guys, it means a lot. An even easier option than the s2 would be to get the Chinese dragon miners. I have some and they run great at 1th and seem to be the best price on the market. As low as $2800 a terahash seems pretty good to me... Much better than $6,000. I would accept 3 of these machines for the 2 terahash amt miners I have on order. 2800*3=8400. I spent 12000 with you and have lost revenue in the two months I could've been mining. But I'll take what I can get.

At this point in the game, S2s are $2500 retail. Now minus coupons and bulk pricing, probably $2000 each 1T miner. This sucks ..

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:26:01 AM

At this point in the game, S2s are $2500 retail. Now minus coupons and bulk pricing, probably $2000 each 1T miner. This sucks ..

Heck,  I got quoted from a Chinese manufacturer of coincraft A1 systems.... 1 THs for $2,000.  Bulk

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:31:04 AM

wait what? what sucks? Our hardware? yes I would agree. The dragon miner would still command a much higher premium. I would rather have stable miners that work at their advertised rate than something that is overclocked and prone to failure. All said and done lets see where AMT weighs in on this. Hopefully its just to get replacement hardware to get us off their backs.

ALso the comment on the dragon miners is not workable. Again doing the math. The idea is to make this something that is a win-win for everyone. IF they go with this proposal, we would get two antminers for every 1.2THs miner bought which at the FULL retail would be 5198 for both....Thats 400 bucks they get to pocket...if they can work out some kind of bulk discount with bitmaintech......they get to pocket over 1k of the money we paid them......AND they fulfill the MPP at the same time by giving us 2Ths in the process. Its not a perfect solution but a much better one. The dragon miners are 2800....that is not a workable number here. The sweetspot would be for them to be able to gain something but also allow us to gain as well. This is the idea. Everyone wins. Again this is something AMT would have to weigh in on. Hopefully we hear from them tonight on this. It would be interesting to hear details on the individual options. I think really option 2 is the only viable one at any rate. Anything else is going to cost us or them more money to do. Option 1 still opens them up to legal issues as they are basically sending out hardware that is known to already be defective. The other options would be far too time consuming to implement.

opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:32:26 AM

Heck,  I got quoted from a Chinese manufacturer of coincraft A1 systems.... 1 THs for $2,000.  Bulk

Again if those would be good and have already been in the wild and are a reputable source then sure...the concern becomes how long before we get them. For extra measure AMT would do good to just have them shipped straight to us and be done with them. Cuts down shipping costs considerably. This way they can now pass the support buck to the supplier they ordered from. Again yet another win-win for everyone. It also gets us off their back in a number of ways. They used our money to get us something that just works. Again getting two of those at 2k is easy. 4k. They win out even better. Looking at about 1.5k in pocketed money per miner. And they fulfil the MPP at the same time. Its hard to stare at this and say its not workable. This addresses all the concerns with RMA and all that crap. we send back the old hardware...they scrap it and do whatever they need to do to recoup the cost, or write it off as a tax loss, get us working hardware and rework the design and start selling that instead.  

opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:42:56 AM

Bottom line its not totally about price but about what we are getting that SHOULD be closest to what was advertised originally. At least to compensate for the fact that what we got vs what we were paying for IS not even close. A bare open system with no powersupply (which by itself is a $350) is a major comprimise. Most of us who went the DIY kits had little choice int he matter. As it is no one got working miners in any case. Least none that worked for more than a week even. The fact that SMD is being sued for that is proof of that situation.

The only reason why the antminer S2 is a solid option is because A: as a company they have an outstanding track record in delivery and customer service., B: they make stable hardware that works as advertised. C: Price.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:52:47 AM

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n email with a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.
I don't think a public forum is the place to book peoples preferences as I know of at least one customer in the upper 600's who doesn't fallow this forum and has not received any kind of response to his 3 non-harassing phone messages, left over the last several months.

if you don't plan on compensating people who have waited the longest with extra hash power at least make them your top #1 priority.

Thanks

opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:01:16 AM

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n email with a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.
I don't think a public forum is the place to book peoples preferences as I know of at least one customer in the upper 600's who doesn't fallow this forum and has not received any kind of response to his 3 non-harassing phone messages, left over the last several months.

if you don't plan on compensating people who have waited the longest with extra hash power at least make them your top #1 priority.

Thanks

This is a fair point. But again the simplest thing would be to just get third party miners as suggested.

FYI good job for all keeping things civil. There are certain people who I will name publicly (clenell) who hate that we are having a civil discussion. He keeps pming me and apparently others about how we are "sucking AMT's dick" Mostly referring to me really. I do happen to think having a civil discussion is necessary to get results. And AMT has been more forthcoming because of it. Hopefully now tho we get actual tangible results from it.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:05:36 AM

Hello everyone,
What do you guys think?

Also to AMT-
That is the same page they have had up for months. here is a wayback from a week ago http://web.archive.org/web/20140501001729/https://advancedminers.com/ , was the same when I ordered in late Feb as well.

Yes the prices on it are insane but have not changed on the smaller ones in months.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:26:11 AM

@AMT

Thanks

This is a fair point. But again the simplest thing would be to just get third party miners as suggested.

FYI good job for all keeping things civil. There are certain people who I will name publicly (clenell) who hate that we are having a civil discussion. He keeps pming me and apparently others about how we are "sucking AMT's dick" Mostly referring to me really. I do happen to think having a civil discussion is necessary to get results. And AMT has been more forthcoming because of it. Hopefully now tho we get actual tangible results from it.
Ditto all around.
As for clenell, considering he is lawyered up already he should ask them about guidance regarding the laws against cyber harassment... A 'difference of opinion' and 'Freedom of Speech' is one thing - continued targeted harassment of people over it is a whole 'nother matter and in most locations is a civil offense. Report him to the Forum Admin at least.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: