Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:00 PM

Joshua Zipkin is not a criminal mastermind, he is simply a lazy fraud.

This guy took a shitload of everyones' money; then based on the complaints in this forum, cherry picked who they'd send miners to, to shut them up. They probably planned on just keeping the rest of the pre-order money of those who hadn't inquired about their missing or late miners. Example: They GAVE Phinneus Gage a miner just for visiting them, and he didn't even PREORDER. How do you explain that?

Simple: It's called paying someone off with hardware to shut them up.

Now they are getting sued, and have abandoned everyone - along with any chance of getting a refund. It's almost like they gambled on the fact that most people wouldn't pursue legal action if they "took everyones' money and never delivered" - which is why everyone needs to get on this class action suit.

Like I've said from the beginning, I believe they have set themselves up to fail from the get-go and wanted to work it out in a way where they walk away with a huge pay day, and little loss from non-existent or long drawn out legal action.

You guys want to stick up for them? well then you deserve to be ripped off. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I feel this way about some of you, what will it take to pull your heads out of your asses and realize what has been done here?

Every facet of this "operation" has been screwed up in one way or another. I've never operated an ASIC Manufacturing company, but I guarantee you I can run one better than these clowns.

Pro tip AMT isn't a ASIC Manufacturing company.

Now I know shit starts getting tricky when it gets international but I wonder if bitmine can be a co defendant. If they had agreements that were broken tat stopped amt from being able to produce AMT can probably sue them for some sort of breach just like everyone is suing AMT.

I just don't know if we have any legal action we can take against bit mine. But they made sure to tout that they were backed by money of some sort. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a logical extension.

Now unless they paid ahead and ordered all their parts in advance, really stupid for a non-final product, there isn't any reason that they shouldn't have some sort of money stored. My guess is that is their legal war chest.

Now, I would have and still would gladly take a refund back, But they don't appear to be offering them, legalities or not. I'd much prefer my money than a miner that is 3/5ths non-operational.

in reference to the co defendant bit......

bitmine issues. reality of which is almost a carbon copy of the amt issues. lacking psu and cases

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.2680 - thread read yourself

snippet

Giorgiomassa,
BITMINE give me back my money! And I'll forget about you forever!

ID - 315! Date of the request for return - March 5.
Messages sent to You - remain without response!

BITMINE! GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!

did you open a ticket @ info@bitmine.ch?
yes. my id < 5500

Well if the AMT problems are the fault of bitmine then its on AMT to go after bitmine which may or may not happen. Technically speaking we cannot (AFAIK) bitmine does not sell directly in the us. They utilize resellers like AMT. That could be just for the chips tho. Besides suing a company in europe is VERY time consuming. Could be years before someone even looks at the case and starts any kind of proceedings. Not sure if it works like that in switzerland, but that is what I have read about with other cases.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:44:21 PM

I send this whole hunk of junk back. They can just give me my 1.2 th with that new style pbc, where the chips aren't daisy chained. I don't know how many chips on that board but if it works any better and if they've received them I'd love to see if they run as they should.
New board?
Could you provide some refs,to this info?
no offense here but what is your order number? your miner? your pool graph?
i know you have had nothing bad to say about me but i see you confronting people every day.
if you don't have a miner or expecting one then why do you insist on trolling people here?
the people with miners want to get them working with help from others but there is a select few who keep spamming this thread for the fun of it.
yes we got ripped off in terms of delays/broken miners but we have to deal with it and make the most of what we got.
if you have no miner or order with amt then why are you here?

EDIT wrong quote but still meant for you loshia
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

Yes it terms of customer service they may be alike but georgio stuff works Grin
that is one of 5 threads related to bitmine they too had to shut threads due to trolls and bad customer relations.. if the parent company experiences issues the sister/child/reseller inherits this. that is my point. plus stands to reason bitmine would sent out good stuff to their cust and ship amt the fud lol.

Well if the AMT problems are the fault of bitmine then its on AMT to go after bitmine which may or may not happen. Technically speaking we cannot (AFAIK) bitmine does not sell directly in the us. They utilize resellers like AMT. That could be just for the chips tho. Besides suing a company in europe is VERY time consuming. Could be years before someone even looks at the case and starts any kind of proceedings. Not sure if it works like that in switzerland, but that is what I have read about with other cases.
chips and boards in my rig. clearly says amt-bitmine on the backplane and board. if amt made the board and back plane it would just say amt i believe

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:47:27 PM

Just curious, does anyone actually have a verified working 1.2T miner yet?

Mostly. Mine mines at 1.2Ths for a while but I noticed some power sags. My guess is that the PSU is not up to snuff despite the wattage on it. Each rail is getting fed around 20A-25A which may not be enough. The PSUs that AMT recommended have the following +3.3V@25A,+5V@25A,+12V1@110A,+12V2@50A, -12V@0.5A,+5VSB@3.5A noting the 2 12V rails being at 110A and 12V2 at 50A. This should resolve the issue. It appears that the AMT systems are volted differently than the stock coincraft machines which I think was mentioned in this thread or another one. So it might make sense why it would work like this.

But as far as reliable and consistent mining I have not experienced that quite yet. I want to test with AMT's recommended PSU's before saying its 2 faulty miners. I have been working at this trial and error. If the PSU's work then I will get a 24/48/72 hour test out with stats from that. I will have them tomorrow so I can start posting some preliminary results then. I figure if I use AMTs recommended setup then there is no excuse why it should not work. The chips are being detected and the hardware is showing up...its just not hashing due to the power issue. Casey also had a similar problem and just added more problem and it worked for him.

But because poserko loshia is withholding information and does not want to share his vast knowledge with the world, it appears we will never see them fixed /sarcasm

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:49:44 PM

Mostly. Mine mines at 1.2Ths for a while but I noticed some power sags. My guess is that the PSU is not up to snuff despite the wattage on it. Each rail is getting fed around 20A-25A which may not be enough. The PSUs that AMT recommended have the following +3.3V@25A,+5V@25A,+12V1@110A,+12V2@50A, -12V@0.5A,+5VSB@3.5A noting the 2 12V rails being at 110A and 12V2 at 50A. This should resolve the issue. It appears that the AMT systems are volted differently than the stock coincraft machines which I think was mentioned in this thread or another one. So it might make sense why it would work like this.

But as far as reliable and consistent mining I have not experienced that quite yet. I want to test with AMT's recommended PSU's before saying its 2 faulty miners. I have been working at this trial and error. If the PSU's work then I will get a 24/48/72 hour test out with stats from that. I will have them tomorrow so I can start posting some preliminary results then. I figure if I use AMTs recommended setup then there is no excuse why it should not work. The chips are being detected and the hardware is showing up...its just not hashing due to the power issue. Casey also had a similar problem and just added more problem and it worked for him.

But because poserko loshia is withholding information and does not want to share his vast knowledge with the world, it appears we will never see them fixed /sarcasm
im running 3 boards and pulling 610w at the wall with a corsair RM 1000w psu so i cant see it been the wattage of your psu as my 3 cards can run on a 750w psu with the same hash rates (im in uk so dont know if that makes a difference)
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

its not just voltage man. the coincraft desk rigs have been run at 1v+ by users at a clock speed of 16000:1000000:8000,  

amt machine runs 0.81v-0.86v at speeds of  16000:750000:4000

i presume these are the a1 options like icarus options on the block erupters

voltage and clock speeds keep temps down nicely. if you used the coincraft desk options and voltages on the amt machine it would be like chinese new years on the equator. hot hot fireworks

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:55:53 PM

Yes it terms of customer service they may be alike but georgio stuff works Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say. I am not a corporation. I don't have any promises to fulfill. Noone is paying me. But I do take great joy in making you look like the sadistic ass you are. You have wished death on people. You have practically loled at the misery of the AMT customers. I want to make you look like the pathetic sack of shit you are. Since you love taking pleasure in other peoples pain I will make sure you feel some too. Like I said I will make it my fucking mission to discredit you in every fucking thread.

For the record I am fucking relentless when I want to be. You will know the meaning of pain with me following your every move on this forum. Consider that. You will lose ALL credibility with your stupid ass hero status. I warned you I will be your personal fucking troll UNLESS you post something useful. And you have not yet.

sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:57:23 PM

AMT is probably ignoring this thread now so that they can say in court that they were not monitoring this thread so they didn't know issues were going on.

So, I would say everyone should regularly copy each page and copy and paste it into an email to AMT and politely say, hey, just in case you didn't notice, here is the thread link and there are customers that need your attention.

That way, when the case goes to discovery mode, they cant say they didn't see these emails and all these comments in this thread will be discoverable.

I'm sending them a friendly email right now copying this pages thread Smiley If everyone else can as well that may make them at least start replying to items in this thread as they cant say "they didn't know".  But I'm sure they'll begin blocking my email address so if everyone does it, they cant block everyone.

Loshia, you need to keep off this thread as you have no useful comments, and as I said before, you are the one giving AMT ammunition in court to say they were harassed by you which is the reason they are not replying in this thread.
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:57:52 PM

I send this whole hunk of junk back. They can just give me my 1.2 th with that new style pbc, where the chips aren't daisy chained. I don't know how many chips on that board but if it works any better and if they've received them I'd love to see if they run as they should.
New board?

you know the board the squared off one they were posting in the other thread that you made a big stink about. I don't believe I saved a picture of it, but I'll look through and post it as an edit to this post if I find it.

dont bother doing it for him. He is just a useless non-contributor here. What have you seen him post that has been of actual use besides implying I told you so type comments and calling Josh Poserko? That pretty much his whole motto may as well make it his signature.
A lot of things dude but you are not reading. This board is comented 200 pages ago. I am not gona repeat myself. Will you post your pool graph or it is a top secret?
Show some facts here and stop to leak amt ass Grin
The facts we know so far
A lot of money spent for psu plus two diplomas which mean you are educated person :
Start to act such some Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say.
Pathetic. Your behavior reminds me promised vide from poserkoto Zipkin
What I can say that you are intentionally hiding that crap is not working Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say. I am not a corporation. I don't have any promises to fulfill. Noone is paying me. But I do take great joy in making you look like the sadistic ass you are. You have wished death on people. You have practically loled at the misery of the AMT customers. I want to make you look like the pathetic sack of shit you are. Since you love taking pleasure in other peoples pain I will make sure you feel some too. Like I said I will make it my fucking mission to discredit you in every fucking thread.

For the record I am fucking relentless when I want to be. Consider that. You will lose ALL credibility with your stupid ass hero status. I warned you I will be your personal fucking troll UNLESS you post something useful. And you have not yet.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:00:09 PM

AMT is probably ignoring this thread now so that they can say in court that they were not monitoring this thread so they didn't know issues were going on.

So, I would say everyone should regularly copy each page and copy and paste it into an email to AMT and politely say, hey, just in case you didn't notice, here is the thread link and there are customers that need your attention.

That way, when the case goes to discovery mode, they cant say they didn't see these emails and all these comments in this thread will be discoverable.

I'm sending them a friendly email right now copying this pages thread Smiley If everyone else can as well that may make them at least start replying to items in this thread as they cant say "they didn't know".  But I'm sure they'll begin blocking my email address so if everyone does it, they cant block everyone.

Loshia, you need to keep off this thread as you have no useful comments, and as I said before, you are the one giving AMT ammunition in court to say they were harassed by you which is the reason they are not replying in this thread.

Well too late on that. they are the authors of this thread. There is no way that claim would fly. They created another thread I am sure anyone with a halfway decent computer skills will figure out how to use httrack to download the thread or look at the historical forum as well.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:07:44 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 08:35:56 PM by opieum2

New board?

you know the board the squared off one they were posting in the other thread that you made a big stink about. I don't believe I saved a picture of it, but I'll look through and post it as an edit to this post if I find it.

dont bother doing it for him. He is just a useless non-contributor here. What have you seen him post that has been of actual use besides implying I told you so type comments and calling Josh Poserko? That pretty much his whole motto may as well make it his signature.
A lot of things dude but you are not reading. This board is comented 200 pages ago. I am not gona repeat myself. Will you post your pool graph or it is a top secret?
Show some facts here and stop to leak amt ass Grin
The facts we know so far
A lot of money spent for psu plus two diplomas which mean you are educated person :
Start to act such some Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say.
Pathetic. Your behavior reminds me promised vide from poserkoto Zipkin
What I can say that you are intentionally hiding that crap is not working Grin

First find the quote that states I have two diplomas in anything. You won't because I haven't.

For the record I am fucking relentless when I want to be. You will know the meaning of pain with me following your every move on this forum. Consider that. You will lose ALL credibility with your stupid ass hero status. I warned you I will be your personal fucking troll UNLESS you post something useful. And you have not yet.

sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

Well too late on that. they are the authors of this thread. There is no way that claim would fly. They created another thread I am sure anyone with a halfway decent computer skills will figure out how to use httrack to download the thread or look at the historical forum as well.

Yes, they are the authors, but company email is their actual property and once you have a lawsuit, it is illegal for them to delete any emails that pertain to the lawsuit. So from a legal perspective, its fully discoverable. So any messages can be used by the legal team to show the judge or jury for the case.

For the thread to be discoverable, bitcointalk would probably have to get a subpoena as well to lock the thread and to copy and send everything in it to the legal team. Or they could say its not their property as they are not the true owners of this forum. I just don't know the rules for these types of forums but I'm sure they can wiggle out of it, but I know the rules for email quite well.
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:08:55 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 08:35:31 PM by opieum2

Yes, if possible I would like a refund. I see they have stopped selling the 1.2T miners, and hope they will just refund the money.
The simple truth is that they are selling total crap dude. 1.2 3T or whatever you can call it
That is what is called a scam....

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:12:48 PM

Yes, they are the authors, but company email is their actual property and once you have a lawsuit, it is illegal for them to delete any emails that pertain to the lawsuit. So from a legal perspective, its fully discoverable. So any messages can be used by the legal team to show the judge or jury for the case.

For the thread to be discoverable, bitcointalk would probably have to get a subpoena as well to lock the thread and to copy and send everything in it to the legal team. Or they could say its not their property as they are not the true owners of this forum. I just don't know the rules for these types of forums but I'm sure they can wiggle out of it, but I know the rules for email quite well.

There is precedent. Yelp cases against reviewers are one instance which can be used as an example here. While its vendors against customers the legal part of note is the fact that the yelp posts at all could be used. So if the legal team decide to do discovery to identify who said what, that can be the case there. But its going to be very well established that AMT_Miners is AMT. And all the posts are already archived so the mods just have to hand it over. Also depends on legal jurisdiction on where bitcointalk is. And if they are willing to give that info up. Lotta unknowns in that. BUT could be workable with what is as it is now.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

He doesn't care. he is a sadistic asshole who only just trolls and wishes death on people (the old thread he makes the comment then backs off it claiming he never said what he actually said). I read other posts in other threads and its alot more of the same thing. I warned him....now I am going into anti-troll mode. I wont stop until everyone knows the deal with him. There are a few other people who have put him on ignore. But that doesn't matter. People like him just have to be pushed out and fed their own medicine so to speak. He likely will just create another account but his shitty English will just reveal who he is.

That all said your idea is actually quite good. Makes alot of sense if people need to do that. Also depends on their data retention of their email as well. And if they are hosting or local. There are a number of things that could go south here. But either way if that is the route people are going then yea likley things could play out with the discovery of emails.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Query: With all these unknowns regarding PSU's, has anyone yet actually measured the supplied voltage at the cards power connectors (under load of course)? The ATX spec calls for +12vdc +/-5% at the load for each output. That equates to a range of 11.4-12.6vdc. If you have a recording DVM even better so it can record any sags. Frankly with my background +/-5% is damn sloppy but the spec is what it is.(most industrial supplies are at worst +/-1% and usually more like a 1/10th of that...)

If a rail/cabling can't support the load voltage will dip well below that range. eg, I had a Corsair CX600M (modular cables) power an Ant. Total load 'only' 410-415w and yet at the connector voltage was down to 11.15vdc. The cable was noticeably warm as well from the power drop. The non-modular CX600's are giving 11.6 at the connector because they use separate cabling for PCIe power

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:30:35 PM

Query: With all these unknowns regarding PSU's, has anyone yet actually measured the supplied voltage at the cards power connectors (under load of course)? The ATX spec calls for +12vdc +/-5% at the load for each output. That equates to a range of 11.4-12.6vdc. If you have a recording DVM even better so it can record any sags. Frankly with my background +/-5% is damn sloppy but the spec is what it is.(most industrial supplies are at worst +/-1% and usually more like a 1/10th of that...)

If a rail/cabling can't support the load voltage will dip well below that range. eg, I had a Corsair CX600M (modular cables) power an Ant. Total load 'only' 410-415w and yet at the connector voltage was down to 11.15vdc. The cable was noticeably warm as well from the power drop. The non-modular CX600's are giving 11.6 at the connector because they use separate cabling for PCIe power

Well from what I am seeing different PSUs have different amp ratings per rail. They likely were picked for the fact that they can supply alot more power per rail. Least that is how it looks like. I will post up some findings tomorrow. If I still have the power problems well...you will know that too. Then at least we can all be in the same boat. I will attempt to reach out to AMT though just the same in the event I can get some support on this.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:48:44 PM

I still say the best solution for AMT & Bitmine would be to just use a REAL 1.5-2kw +12v server supply like in the link I've given further back. Bolt PCIe pwr cables to the buss lugs and then just a simple tab or other small regulator fed from the 12v rail to give the 5v needed for the Pi & backplane. Whole PSU issue solved.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:31:07 AM

I still say the best solution for AMT & Bitmine would be to just use a REAL 1.5-2kw +12v server supply like in the link I've given further back. Bolt PCIe pwr cables to the buss lugs and then just a simple tab or other small regulator fed from the 12v rail to give the 5v needed for the Pi & backplane. Whole PSU issue solved.

We're working on something like that yes.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:31:24 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 01:06:07 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

+10 for ya then! ^ ^
Along those lines, design tip for AMT: if the watts per GH/s of the A1's stays the same for the 2-3 TH/s rigs... Then using off-the shelf PC psu's made primarily for gamers is certainly not going to cut it. At simple scaling we are looking at what, 3-4kw? Better plan on spec'ing only 208-240vac in.

Yes they can provide x number of kw but - the loading from graphics cards (doing video, not CUDA or other such things) is highly dynamic ranging from not too bad, say 50% or less up to hitting max for maybe several minutes before dropping again.. The PSU's currently used are designed with that in mind. opieum2, if ya gt a chance it would be nice to have some actual voltage measurements close to the PCIe plugs to see if/how much this is currently a valid concern..

Not the case with miners. Once miners get their rear in gear and start hashing it is a continuous load. No loafing times. 24x7x365. Ya' know. Like servers?
http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/hot-swappable-rcp2000.shtml
1.2kw per module would be a good start. I've seen others that are 3kw/module @12vdc and Platinum rated (96% efficiency) ta boot.

edit: found the link to the 3kw modules http://www.artesyn.com/power/power-supplies/websheet/529/DS3000TE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: