Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:15:40 AM

Finally got my backplane....

but it was Bitmine who shipped it all the way from Switzerland!

So looks you can bank on Bitmine to 'semi-support' the product.

Still can't test my system because it looks like my raspi got fried.

The good news is a raspi is an off the shelf item you can get on your own for 45 bucks. And the SDCard should still be good. Hopefully that wont be an issue. I can post the default AMT image if needed.

If we can get the daughter board from Bitmine and a back plane, then it may be possible to construct two servers with 2 or 3 boards.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:16:45 AM

+1 to Bitmine.ch for that!
If that appears to be a real RasPi, think you said you have another around right? Pull the SD card from the dead one and use it in a working Pi.

In fact, first use AMT's SD card in your Pi all by itself using 5v power fed through the micro USB - nothing else attached (aside from monitor/keyboard of course) and see what it does.

The AMT raspis are actually stock RasPI's. I already own an identical one I was doing some other work on. I am uploading the default AMT image up in the event its needed. I will post a link when its done. And a small readme on what to use to load it on an SDcard if you are not familar with the process. Its dead simple but still worth documenting.

Would you also be able to verify if the new Bitmine firmware will work?  The Bitmine stuff can be downloaded from here:

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5483

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:26:41 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 06:18:51 AM by AMT_miners

We're not gone, nor moving out right away. We're not running away with anyone's payment either. We've said numerous times that we're working on a upgrade/refund options for all of our clients, as such it requires a complete audit of the company's finances (needed for discovery during the litigation's investigative process anyway) and we're also restructuring of our current business model all together, gearing up to offer hosting as well hardware soon.

We have also been looking at a more adequate facility in Jenkintown and will probably be moving there within the next month. As we have subcontracted SMD services we've also used their facilities as well as other temporary rented facilities for assembly. We feel it's smarter to take a location where assembly and administrative operations can coexist and we're in the process of setting that up now. Also, due to numerous calls from random people asking if we are legitimate, if we exist, if we're a scam, and calls basically bothering the crap out of our neighbors, our landlord has asked to find another place of operations as well. So again thanks to all the wonderful investigative souls on this thread that helped facilitate that one.

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:40:07 AM

It's interesting but I see bitmine having alot of the same issues AMT has been having. Altho it seems less so. Refunds issues, delivery issues, all of the same. Like I said....seems like anything/anyone using A1's designs is having a ton of issues. Companies using other chips seem to be ok in terms of delivery. Something worth noting if you are looking for vendors. Just seeing a common thread here with the hardware is all. There is this race for a 28nm process, but at the same time with all the problems, it almost seems like the stable and already mature 55nm process or 40nm chips based solutions are better at this point to go with. They work they are stable....and most of all they are shipping and largely on time.
Realy Grin
My technobit boards A1 are working non stop. And same is happening to other A1 hex8/hex4 technobit clients
So do not speak bulshit please.
You can always asume that everyone has issues but facts are different Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hey Loshia,

So do ours.

opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:00:21 AM

If that appears to be a real RasPi, think you said you have another around right? Pull the SD card from the dead one and use it in a working Pi.

In fact, first use AMT's SD card in your Pi all by itself using 5v power fed through the micro USB - nothing else attached (aside from monitor/keyboard of course) and see what it does.

The AMT raspis are actually stock RasPI's. I already own an identical one I was doing some other work on. I am uploading the default AMT image up in the event its needed. I will post a link when its done. And a small readme on what to use to load it on an SDcard if you are not familar with the process. Its dead simple but still worth documenting.

Would you also be able to verify if the new Bitmine firmware will work?  The Bitmine stuff can be downloaded from here:

It won't. It will require some modification and addition of AMT's scripts. That said upgrading cgminer on the existing distro is certainly possible. I got a pretty good handle on the tools. The bitmine driver also get some upgrades which might benefit.

Also @AMT I think I may have figured out why the cards are dying but you can bring them back to life at your plant.....its the i2cdetect. FYI running that tool with certain parameters based on what I saw can actually cause firmware issues on the cards themselves. It can corrupt it which might explain why so many cards are dying. I dont know how to bring mine back to life (I have 5 dead cards) so this could be an issue. Might want to look into that side of it. The i2c piece can be very dangerous on firmware. There should be some sort of hook or shim in between to keep the low level access from potentially frying the cards. I have one confirmed dead card burned out. This was due to the default settings and it prevents the whole system from coming up. The other 4 cards however COULD work. I have one working miner at this point out of 2. I can provide you more details on what I found if this is something that can be documented and fixed. I think for the benefit of existing customers who are struggling.

I went through every bit of custom code on the distro and read through and saw these things that jumped out at me. What I didn't know i looked up and realized what could be the problem. The i2cdetect parameters can be very dangerous to run and can corrupt the running of the cards. That said if there is a way to "revive" them from a user standpoint I am all open for trying it out before I have to send those cards back.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:48:21 AM

It's interesting but I see bitmine having alot of the same issues AMT has been having. Altho it seems less so. Refunds issues, delivery issues, all of the same. Like I said....seems like anything/anyone using A1's designs is having a ton of issues. Companies using other chips seem to be ok in terms of delivery. Something worth noting if you are looking for vendors. Just seeing a common thread here with the hardware is all. There is this race for a 28nm process, but at the same time with all the problems, it almost seems like the stable and already mature 55nm process or 40nm chips based solutions are better at this point to go with. They work they are stable....and most of all they are shipping and largely on time.
Realy Grin
My technobit boards A1 are working non stop. And same is happening to other A1 hex8/hex4 technobit clients
You can always asume that everyone has issues but facts are different Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hey Loshia,

So do ours.

All right,  so from what you have posted, AMT now has a Technobit solution that has two PCI-E power connectors.

Finally some sanity in what you are doing.  AMT should have taken the Technobit route a long time ago.

Anyway,  what do customers who bought the 1.2 THs systems that do not hash expect to receive now?

Do we all expect to receive a 2.4 THs?   Should you communicate this development? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:52:17 AM

It won't. It will require some modification and addition of AMT's scripts. That said upgrading cgminer on the existing distro is certainly possible. I got a pretty good handle on the tools. The bitmine driver also get some upgrades which might benefit.

Also @AMT I think I may have figured out why the cards are dying but you can bring them back to life at your plant.....its the i2cdetect. FYI running that tool with certain parameters based on what I saw can actually cause firmware issues on the cards themselves. It can corrupt it which might explain why so many cards are dying. I dont know how to bring mine back to life (I have 5 dead cards) so this could be an issue. Might want to look into that side of it. The i2c piece can be very dangerous on firmware. There should be some sort of hook or shim in between to keep the low level access from potentially frying the cards. I have one confirmed dead card burned out. This was due to the default settings and it prevents the whole system from coming up. The other 4 cards however COULD work. I have one working miner at this point out of 2. I can provide you more details on what I found if this is something that can be documented and fixed. I think for the benefit of existing customers who are struggling.

I went through every bit of custom code on the distro and read through and saw these things that jumped out at me. What I didn't know i looked up and realized what could be the problem. The i2cdetect parameters can be very dangerous to run and can corrupt the running of the cards. That said if there is a way to "revive" them from a user standpoint I am all open for trying it out before I have to send those cards back.

Okay, not only does the current design not have enough power going into the board (1 PCI-E connector versus 2 for Technobit) but it appears to have firmware problems.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:56:01 AM

We're not gone, nor moving out right away. We're not running away with anyone's payment either. We've said numerous times that we're working on a upgrade/refund options for all of our clients, as such it requires a complete audit of the company's finances (needed for discovery during the litigation's investigative process anyway) and we're also restructuring of our current business model all together, gearing up to offer hosting as well hardware soon.

We have also been looking at a more adequate facility in Jenkintown and will probably be moving there within the next month. As we have subcontracted SMD services we've also used their facilities as well as other temporary rented facilities for assembly. We feel it's smarter to take a location where assembly and administrative operations can coexist and we're in the process of setting that up now. Also, due to numerous calls from random people asking if we are legitimate, if we exist, if we're a scam, and calls basically bothering the crap out of our neighbors, our landlord has asked to find another place of operations as well. So again thanks to all the wonderful investigative souls on this thread that helped facilitate that one.

Just because you are moving, does not mean that customers have no way to return defective products.  Explain to me why that was not done for mrpark?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:13:55 AM

Loshia,

I do not see your point in all this bashing of AMT.  I think you should leave this board.  Same with Phin.

All AMT customers want is some compensation for their investments.

We already have the legal aspects handled with the class-action lawyers.  If AMT want to work out a solution that gets everyone compensated then that's good for everyone.

The Technobit AMT board looks like a good step in the right direction.  Now we obviously can't trust AMT,  but there are already plenty of organizations that are monitoring AMTs every move.  

So your constant bashing of AMT does not help.   We already know that they have a very low competence level.  However, we want them to come up with a way to compensate everyone who lost money.

You are no help and should disappear!  You really are a nobody that just happens to own a techno-bit board.  Phin is a nobody who doesn't even mine BTC.   I think you folks over estimate your importance in this entire AMT fiasco.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:51:28 PM

Loshia,

I do not see your point in all this bashing of AMT.  I think you should leave this board.  Same with Phin.

We already have the legal aspects handled with the class-action lawyers.  If AMT want to work out a solution that gets everyone compensated then that's good for everyone.

The Technobit AMT board looks like a good step in the right direction.  Now we obviously can't trust AMT,  but there are already plenty of organizations that are monitoring AMTs every move.   

So your constant bashing of AMT does not help.   We already know that they have a very low competence level.  However, we want them to come up with a way to compensate everyone who lost money.

You are no help and should disappear!  You really are a nobody that just happens to own a techno-bit board.  Phin is a nobody who doesn't even mine BTC.   I think you folks over estimate your importance in this entire AMT fiasco.   

+1

The truth is out there we get it and have seen it at least 50+ times now, please stop with the bashing, what we need now is for them to refund or ship product, let them get to that part now.
opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:54:41 PM

Loshia,

I do not see your point in all this bashing of AMT.  I think you should leave this board.  Same with Phin.

We already have the legal aspects handled with the class-action lawyers.  If AMT want to work out a solution that gets everyone compensated then that's good for everyone.

The Technobit AMT board looks like a good step in the right direction.  Now we obviously can't trust AMT,  but there are already plenty of organizations that are monitoring AMTs every move.  

So your constant bashing of AMT does not help.   We already know that they have a very low competence level.  However, we want them to come up with a way to compensate everyone who lost money.

You are no help and should disappear!  You really are a nobody that just happens to own a techno-bit board.  Phin is a nobody who doesn't even mine BTC.   I think you folks over estimate your importance in this entire AMT fiasco.  

+1 to this. The goal here should be to get some productive results here. And hopefully getting AMT on here a bit more to comment on things vs us just speculating on whats going on. mrpark is on to something with the whole situation. The communication needs to improve. Even if its a quick update on things. Obviously some of the legal crap cant be commented on. But maybe we can get some updates on other things. A bit of transparency can go a long way in easing these tensions people are feeling right now over things.  But the useless poserko comments I assume loshia still posts serve no purpose any more. Or every did for that matter.

opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:00:57 PM

On a side note I am working on my "dead" miner to see if I can bring it back to life. The cards are there but they don't appear to be burned out. If I can get them back up and running it might be a benefit to those who are having issues as well. This might save people alot of the headaches they are dealing with now. I can't promise anything because I am still trying to figure it all out myself. It could just be the cards died and that's all there is too it. Right now its just dead cards. The rest of the components work.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:32:39 PM

Folks
Let me clarify two things
1. As i said i will not stop you can ignore me
2. If you ever happen to get original hex8 board + real heatsink + real assambly i can assure you that you can count on me in terms of help abut technicall stuff
BUT once again Poserkoto Zipkin will not deliver this board to you. If he does it will be to a few blessed ones. So do not count on it all.
Good luck to all of you who still do hope

What are your qualifications to do assembly?  What if we send you our bad AMT boards,  can you assemble and test them on the technobit boards?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:39:44 PM

Folks
2. If you ever happen to get original hex8 board + real heatsink + real assambly i can assure you that you can count on me in terms of help abut technicall stuff
BUT once again Poserkoto Zipkin will not deliver this board to you. If he does it will be to a few blessed ones. So do not count on it all.

What are your qualifications to do assembly?  What if we send you our bad AMT boards,  can you assemble and test them on the technobit boards?

considering he seems to have never posted anything technical or that contributes in any way, somehow I doubt it. He might know the basics of putting it together, but not likley the more advanced stuff to actually fix real problems. He just causes more problems with his nonsense. And obviously he won't stop...that is the definition of troll. He talks a mean game but if you have seen he cant walk the walk. Just talks alot of bs. He is a sadisic punk who obviously gets his jollies of others misery. He has on more than one occasion alluded to that. With his comments on wishing death on people and all that. And the fact that he keeps spouting the same old shit over and over again. poserko zipkin jail shit. Its the same tired crap over and over again. He will go away once everyone on here ignores him and stops giving him his soapbox. My suggestion just gloss over his comments and let him spew his nonsense. or just put him on ignore which is to the right right under his username. I put him back on ignore and is the only one I got on ignore BUT I see people quote his crap. It does not help to reason with him. You just cant reason with stupid. Oh and avoid quoting him. That helps diminish his perceived power.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

Folks

What are your qualifications to do assembly?  What if we send you our bad AMT boards,  can you assemble and test them on the technobit boards?
Did you checked technobit thread there is my reply you can check it again if you want.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

Realy Grin

Hey Loshia,

So do ours.

Hey AMT where's my refund? If you can afford to move to a new location you can afford to pay customers refunds.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

I ordered my miners on December 5th 2013. It is now May 2, 2014 - five months it has been since I placed my order. Five months it has been with nothing to show for it. Is this really how you want to treat your customers AMT?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 03:15:53 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

AMT_Miners: Ya know, your site still advertises the 520 miner as:
Product Description
Plug & Play Bitcoin Miner

520 GH/s nominal performance ( + / – 10% )

Included accessories: USB Cable and Power Cord
Chip: Asic 28nm
Weight: 16 lb.
Dimensions: 10.50 x 12 x 16 high

Warranty: This unit come with a lifetime warranty.

Product specifications may differ from  (+/- 10% running variance)
 Your order for this miner will ship  in  4 weeks or less.

Now considering I ordered at the end of Feb when it said the same time frame, with still no miner and many others far ahead of me in the queue that is blatant false advertising. No 'pre-order' wiggle room there. No mention of 'expected ship date' either. That is a firm statement which you have no ability to fulfill.

I highly suggest that you remove any shipping time frames from ALL your advertising...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

Oh for context:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg6176871#msg6176871

I quoted Phins comment as he caught the whole thing...I have loshia on ignore and no interest in unignoring him for this. But bottom line the context was that Jim Brown was apparently suck to the point where he almost had a heart attack.. That is Loshias everyone deserves what they get comment is directed at. After he caught shit for it he backed off that....just proves my point tho of what he is here for. And the kind of person he is. I thought it might be relevant for those who are not familiar with his nature. He revealed it in that single comment of wishing death on someone.

Even IF AMT is criminally liable or whatever, that is never an excuse to wish death on someone. They are not murdering people or anything that comes close to warranting their deaths. Whatever the case the point is he has shown his true colors as a sadistic human being and a troll. Hence why giving him any kid of a soapbox is just not worth it. quoting him is a waste even reading what he has to say is a waste.....in the words of the great saga of Billy Madison.....this applies "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

edit I will stop commenting on that now and go back to contributing.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

Ditto ^ ^
We now continue with our regular scheduled programming.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: