Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:26:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:06:40 PM

and this thread really got derailed a long time ago. Could talk about unicorns rainbows and football in here would not likely change much at this point.
Who am I to argue?

thats not football. thats some gay touch and pass wear pads rugby. lmao

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:07:39 PM

As I said ... you will not get ROI on any  SHA256 miner.  

That depends on your assumptions.

If you assume non-stop 20% difficulty increases and that BTC prices are stuck at 450, then you are 100% correct.

If you assume 10% difficulty increases and BTC prices of 500, you can ROI on the Spondoolies (at least at the GB price, which expires today) and probably the S2 and Dragons as well.

However, difficulty seems to be at a plateau (next estimated difficulty jump is only a little over 9%), which makes sense.  Especially when you consider that we appear to be hitting a hard stop on Gh/watt per dollar.  E.g., the hashrate increases that are coming online now in 20nm and 28nm chips cannot be improved on much as those chips turned out to be very difficult to make because of heat issues.  Absent a new technology or groundbreaking solution to heat dissipation, there probably won't be a 15 or 10nm process.  If I am right about that, then what you should see is 20 and 28nm products replacing less efficient ones, and upping the hashrate, but long term that should be a more linear growth rather than the constant near exponential growth of hash rate that you saw when BTC moved from GPU -> FPGA -> 60nm -> 28nm

As far as BTC price, who can say.  I run my numbers at 500 worst case and 700 best case.  I believe the current drop to below 500 is going to be short lived and is the result of a number of items of bad news that all hit at once (mt gox, chinese government decision, shutdown of silk road last year and maybe also amazon's announcement that they would not move to BTC).  Also in my consideration here is that BTC price is determined in part by miner orders which for many miners must be placed in BTC.  When lots high end new miners hit the market, esp on pre-orders, that creates demand for coin and pushes prices up... when miners are shipped prices go back down.  I believe the 20-28nm process miners coming out will be generating a lot more sales as folks replace miners that can no longer operate property.  I could be wrong of course, but I think 500 as a low end long term (1 year out) is reasonable.  

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:16:17 PM

[/quote]

As I said ... you will not get ROI on any  SHA256 miner.   
[/quote]

+1
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

Here is how to get your ROI if you can only afford a small miner right now.

1) buy whatever hardware ware you can afford, even its a small miner.
2) save the bitcoins you mine, and hope the price goes up in 1-10 years.

I know it may sound stupid, but that's all I got for you as far as ROI goes.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:29:01 PM

AMT,

I ordered two miners from you, one on January 16, 2014 and the other on February 4, 2014.  I have yet to receive either of them.  After requesting a refund, you have gone completely silent, leaving me out $12,000.  I've attempted the multiple email addresses I have for you, phone calls, etc without any recent responses.  I have also heard from staff that you are essentially about to go out of business.  

What are my options?  It is not acceptable to treat business partners and generally people in this manner.

-Mark

Out of curiosity, what staff said that?

If you think I'm going to put the name of someone that actually tried to help me out on this board, then you are mistaken.  Since AMT doesn't have the integrity to actual respond to my requests, then it will leave only legal action as an option.  I posted on this board as a last ditch effort to try and get some information on whether the miners will actually ship or a refund is possible.  

So essentially you are spreading a rumor that they are going out of business....because there is nothing else to substantiate it. That being said it does not mean it isnt true, but it would be good to know as A: you have not gotten anything and if they are going out of business, that is not good for you and your 12k (which is partially my issue with a busted 6k brick). So not sure how they are "helping" you. I too get replies. I have been trying to be a voice of reason on the forum discarding the crap and focusing on the facts and what really needs to be done. But at the same time its on us to protect ourselves financially as well.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:32:18 PM

The shining light in this advice is that with all the new investment money coming into bitcoin development and products around bitcoin, 2. is a very likely scenario. 100s of millions of dollars are being poured into bitcoin related products. Mining, ATMs, payment systems, POS systems (point of sale not piece of shit), exchanges. So there is alot of money floating. Plus its gotten a bit more legitimacy being on bloombergs tickers as well. So its a likely scenario its going to pick up in price again despite the current plateau its hit.

opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:33:32 PM

and this thread really got derailed a long time ago. Could talk about unicorns rainbows and football in here would not likely change much at this point.
Who am I to argue?

And the internet officially can make a meme out of just about anything......lol nice

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

The shining light in this advice is that with all the new investment money coming into bitcoin development and products around bitcoin, 2. is a very likely scenario. 100s of millions of dollars are being poured into bitcoin related products. Mining, ATMs, payment systems, POS systems (point of sale not piece of shit), exchanges. So there is alot of money floating. Plus its gotten a bit more legitimacy being on bloombergs tickers as well. So its a likely scenario its going to pick up in price again despite the current plateau its hit.

There is probably some equilibrium point in the very near future where you can't create new hardware that is orders of magnitued faster than anyone else.  We are near that point.   Spondoolies is showing that they can take 40nm based hardware and run it competively compared to 28nm hardware.   Let extrapolate that Spondoolies takes their hardware down to 20nm, how much faster will these be?

The scenario though will mirror the time when Litecoin was at $2-3,   that is, you could not get hardware better than AMD Radeon GPUs. 

Looking from this perspective, it may be wise in the next 2-3 months to invest in state of the art hardware with the expectation of selling the hardware when BTC prices jump.   Of course, a better investment would be to stick to BTC.  When LTC jumped from $2 to $50 the prices of hardware doubled.   So you trade off a 2000% gain for one with a 100% gain.  Mining is just a horrible business.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jorgebonilla

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:59:31 PM

AMT,
         Don't you think its been long enough since you last provided your customers a shipping timeline on your 1.2 TH miners? You mist have some notion on when you believe the units will truly be able to begin shipment?

Everyone knows our units have been shipping. Please stop instigating.

What order number are you at right now?
Is it really shipping?
I'm order 789 and 880 and i have not received anything yet.
Please provide more information on where are you at on shipping, you cannot claim your units have been shipping without a hard proof. Empty statements once again.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:07:01 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 05:29:47 PM by ISAWHIM

anyone know of a guide to mine solo with the rigs? id like to try a lesser sha coin than mining on cex i hvae the wallets ready is it just the same as solo gup or eruptor mining. open wallet with allow ip 127.0.0.1 port 1234 and just point miner at the same?

You have to set the config file for the wallet you want to mine to, with those settings.

When you install a wallet, and run it to get "caught-up"... after it has caught-up, you need to locate the folder where the "wallet.dat" file is, and create an appropriate config file, which will not be created for you. (Wallets are setup, by default, to listen on a specific port-number, I assume on the loopback IP of 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0)

For example... If you mined BITCOIN solo...

The folder containing the wallet.dat on windows 7 would be here...
"C:\Users\*YourLoginName*\AppData\Roaming\bitcoin\"

In that folder, you need to make a new file (text file), that you save as "bitcoin.conf" (this changes per wallet, but you can force any name you want, from launch-switches for the wallet)

In that file, you need settings like this...
Code:
splash=0
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
daemon=1
maxconnections=100
listen=1

rpcuser=SomeNameForYourMiners
rpcpassword=SomePasswordForYourMiners
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=1234

You appropriately launch the miner, with similar settings for NAME and PASS.

If you wallet is not connecting, it may not be "using" the configuration file. You create a shortcut on your desktop to the wallet, and change the "TARGET", to look like this...
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\bitcoins\bitcoin-qt.exe" -conf=bitcoin.conf

It is the end-part that you add "-conf=bitcoin.conf", the rest should already be there. That tells the wallet to launch with that conf file.

You can make all your wallets launch with similar settings... However, you can not launch more than one wallet at a time, because it will have conflicts listening to the same port-numbers. To mine another coin, you just shut-down your miner, shut down the wallet, then launch another wallet, and then fire-up the miners again. (You must shut-down the miners first, or the wallet will not actually shut-down, it will stay stuck running invisibly in the background. You would have to use TASKMANAGER "CTRL + ALT + DEL", to kill the other wallet, before firing-up a new wallet.)

If you want to use many wallets, having them all open at once, they all have to have a unique port-number. Then you can just launch a BAT file to connect to the different wallets, which is just changing the port-number that the miner points to. (That is how a multi-pool works, or a "crypto-switcher". It just changes the port-forward-number to the "most valuable coin of the minute".)

When it comes to actually solo-mining for "long term gains"... You want to sort-of ignore the "price now", as you will never get that price "later". You want to focus on the DIFFICULTY. You want a coin that has low difficulty, so low, that when you mine it, you force the price higher just by mining it. that is called "choking the rewards". Just prior to that, you actually want to buy a bunch of cheap coins... Then, mine it steady for at-least a month or two, which should cause the price to rise. If not, be patient, someone will pump it for you. You have to remember, by you raising the diff, you are making those other guys earn less coins per day, so they HAVE to ask for higher prices, eventually. But that only works if you stay steady on the coin. If you leave, they are back to earning more coins that can be sold cheaper. That is why pool-hopping programs all fail. They are the reason they never actually get the value they THINK they are mining for. Because, in the future, they just end-up getting less, from leaving the coin back in the hands of those who cashed-out, or because they cashed-out, driving the value down and the diff up, which caused the steady miners to leave.

That is why BTC constantly rises, because diff constantly rises. It does not usually go down at all. This is what keeps the "floor" higher and higher and the peaks higher and higher, exponentially by a factor of 10. (Thus the next linear-exponential peak is $10,000/BTC, but it will fall short of that target. Because in reality, it is actually going down in value. Thus it will hit only about $8,000 to $6,000, for a loss of $2/$4-thousand on this next projected high.)

You really have to look at a logarithmic chart, from the earliest date, to see that this low of $450-$350 is "normal", and to see the next "peak", which had NOTHING to do with any news or even with GOX. BTC is as normal as it has been since the day it started. Predictable and damn near linear in habit.

NOTE: This chart should come-up as LOG scale... But you may have to "refresh" once it loads. Seems to fall-back to linear-scale for some reason.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#tgTzm1g10zm2g25zvzl

What are you looking at? That is the whole history of BitStamp's USD value. (If you don't see a pattern there, you really need to stop investing. A bitcoin year is not the same as a physical year. It is a little shorter. The next HIKE to the peak of about $10,000-$6,000 should start within a few weeks, take about a month to get there, and then settle back down to a smaller second long peak/hump of about $4,000, and then a third wave of $1200-$800, before the next years peak of $40,000/BTC begins. Falling way short of the projected $100,000/BTC mark. Though, it could just as well hit $12,000 this season, and $150,000/BTC the following season. It depends how much more interest grown in BTC. In any event, we have about 6 more seasons before BTC finally reaches a "I'm not paying that much for a BTC", plateau of stable rise. It will just not rise as high in those years, but also not fall as low as before, in those years. But that is a long way away.)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:15:24 PM

To put things in perspective about LTC, if you had three 290X GPU's with a total hash power of 2.4Mh/s you would earn about .29c a day combined income for all 3 cards at the current difficulty of 7,000. You would need a seriously heavy machine for it to be even worth it the way LTC difficulty has doubled in only a short time.

That is because people now have Scrypt based ASIC miners.

GPUs are essentially now obsolete in the Litecoin space.

I have several GPUs and have them turned off for more than a month now.  Just not worth it!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:22:31 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:46:55 PM by regtable69

anyone know of a guide to mine solo with the rigs? id like to try a lesser sha coin than mining on cex i hvae the wallets ready is it just the same as solo gup or eruptor mining. open wallet with allow ip 127.0.0.1 port 1234 and just point miner at the same?

You have to set the config file for the wallet you want to mine to, with those settings.

thanks i will try this.

it didnt work the miner just hangs. no idea how to make the miner seek the work.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

any one got any contact with amt Huh have they picked up any packages we sent back ?? I have emailed them serveral times a day no response . I even emailed them like if i wanted to buy a miner and also no response .. .. ? Are they still operating ...  I 'll ask fedex to send the boards back if thats the case at least the chips are worth something if they work ..
opieum2

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:28:11 PM

I might do the whole technobit thing. That sounds like a viable option. Hopefully not an expensive one. Can you link it? Or PM it to me? I would be interested in going that route. Thanks for the potential solution and contribution Cheesy certain poserkos I won't name by name do nothing to contribute help its nice to have people who do contribute solutions Wink

Here is the assembly service for an 8 chip board,  209 EURO:

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=67&controller=product&id_lang=1

The owner (marto74 )  is in BTT.  So we can ask if we can send the AMT boards and they can 'mine' it for parts.

Please reach out to marto74  to see if he can accomodate this.

THanks I am going to reach out and see what can be done. While it adds more expense at least we have a chance at getting working hardware with documentation and support behind it.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2543

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:05:47 PM

thanks i will try this.

it didnt work the miner just hangs. no idea how to make the miner seek the work.
Have you looked at QT's Help>Command-line options?
Huge list of info there.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:16:38 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 12:30:49 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

I might do the whole technobit thing. That sounds like a viable option. Hopefully not an expensive one. Can you link it? Or PM it to me? I would be interested in going that route. Thanks for the potential solution and contribution Cheesy certain poserkos I won't name by name do nothing to contribute help its nice to have people who do contribute solutions Wink

Here is the assembly service for an 8 chip board,  209 EURO:

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=67&controller=product&id_lang=1

The owner (marto74 )  is in BTT.  So we can ask if we can send the AMT boards and they can 'mine' it for parts.

Please reach out to marto74  to see if he can accomodate this.

THanks I am going to reach out and see what can be done. While it adds more expense at least we have a chance at getting working hardware with documentation and support behind it.
And have ya looked at the enlarged pics of the boards layout Technobit is using? Massive more cooling on the chip side vs lil' stick-on chipsinks made easier by the CORRECT cluster placement of the asic's, much better core power VR layout as well not to mention using 2 pcie power connectors per/board vs only 1 (easier to divvy up the PSU outputs). Even are using what appeares to be Bergquist Blue thermal filler putty to suck out all the heat possible from the chip body Smiley http://www.bergquistcompany.com/thermal_materials/gap_filler/gap-filler-3500S35_properties.htm

Overall a very superior power/thermal layout. Looks very nice and per 'my spec' iff'n I was to do it. Icing on the cake would be if the board was Tlam vs FR4 fiberglass Cheesy

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Finally got my backplane....

but it was Bitmine who shipped it all the way from Switzerland!

So looks you can bank on Bitmine to 'semi-support' the product.

Still can't test my system because it looks like my raspi got fried.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:48:22 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 12:18:48 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

+1 to Bitmine.ch for that!
If that appears to be a real RasPi, think you said you have another around right? Pull the SD card from the dead one and use it in a working Pi.

In fact, first use AMT's SD card in your Pi all by itself using 5v power fed through the micro USB - nothing else attached (aside from monitor/keyboard of course) and see what it does.

opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:11:51 AM

The good news is a raspi is an off the shelf item you can get on your own for 45 bucks. And the SDCard should still be good. Hopefully that wont be an issue. I can post the default AMT image if needed.

opieum2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:15:06 AM

+1 to Bitmine.ch for that!
If that appears to be a real RasPi, think you said you have another around right? Pull the SD card from the dead one and use it in a working Pi.

In fact, first use AMT's SD card in your Pi all by itself using 5v power fed through the micro USB - nothing else attached (aside from monitor/keyboard of course) and see what it does.

The AMT raspis are actually stock RasPI's. I already own an identical one I was doing some other work on. I am uploading the default AMT image up in the event its needed. I will post a link when its done. And a small readme on what to use to load it on an SDcard if you are not familar with the process. Its dead simple but still worth documenting.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: