Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][BITSTAR] POS ★ MULTIPOOL ★ ANON ★ In Wallet FIAT Exchange beta  (Read 151813 times)
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

It may not be a "game changer"

Ok, I want to clarify a few things here about what is happening with BITS, as I'm sure many of you are perking up at the idea of the coin finally being recognised for the commitment and effort the dev has been consistently giving these last few months.

Firstly, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just someone who threw a few ideas at him a while back to see how he would run with them as this coin has always struck me as solid, but oh-so-quiet.

I have to say, right out, I absolutely disagree with his comment that the new features will not be a "game changer". In my honest opinion, I believe they are going to do exactly that, for BITS and, when they can figure out how to do it, other coins that will no doubt want to snatch some ideas from the new BITS wallet.

Whilst I do not feel it is my place to discuss the specifics of what is coming, I am able to confidently state that some of the new features will blow your tiny minds.

To give you a better idea of the direction I believe this coin project is going to go in, I would say look towards those other, more well-known coins, that are bringing value-added services to their stable in order to provide better functionality and greater utility. Whilst some of the new features will be centralised and managed by the dev, for now, the long term goals are to incorporate them into p2p decentralised structures.

I am sure you will recognise that it is far more valuable to have the features made available now that can bring so much more value across the board, to this coin, than to hold back and wait until the p2p advancements allow them to be implemented.

Whilst some coins are obsessing about Anonymous transactions, the rest of us just want something we can use, that we can play with and create a market for. That isn't to say that Anon isn't going to happen, it's just not what is going to elevate this coin above the rest.

Speaking of Anon, I had already mentioned to the dev that his continued anonymity might cause some reservation in those who would otherwise back the project and, like most of us, whilst he did think about it, he has said he *really* would rather not have to 'out' himself on the internet. I think this aspect is still a little controversial but I do absolutely understand, given the nature of some of the psychologies on display around this forum.

What I would say, instead, is that maybe we need to help him out ourselves in this regard and find some people who would be willing to become the public face of this project. That way he could privately communicate with them and keep his personal details offline, while the coin would gain a better image.

No, I'm not doing it, you lot are 'mostly harmless', but some are batshit crazy. Cheesy

So, now you know that things are definitely going to step up a gear, it's time for you to do a little more than HODL, you are going to have contribute ideas and make a little effort to allow the dev to do his dev thing while the promotion and marketing and whole 'social network' stuff, can be down to the rest of the BITS community.

Well said. I think we need to wait for Dev to finish with the new wallet and to see his road map for the future.
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

It may not be a "game changer"

So, now you know that things are definitely going to step up a gear, it's time for you to do a little more than HOLD, you are going to have contribute ideas and make a little effort to allow the dev to do his dev thing while the promotion and marketing and whole 'social network' stuff, can be down to the rest of the BITS community.

Absolutely agree with this. A solid developer(s) is the cornerstone of any good crypto-currency, but no one person can do it all alone. We all know this coin needs more promotion, and with new features nearing release, it's a good time to tell everyone about it. Use your twitter accounts, chat up your friends on FaceBook, generate some excitement, and if you have something to contribute, do what you can. Merchants, web developers, coders, traders, miners, artists - whatever your talent(s) we can use the help.

And don't forget the multipool people. That's one of the simplest ways you can support the coin if you have the hash to spare.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

It's also worth reminding you all about this little fact:

Total amount of coins 54256119 (54.25 million) -  Currently 15.4m in circulation

Most of the coins not currently in circulation will be 'mined' by those who are staking over the next couple of years. That's like owning a mining rig, simply by buying and holding BITS.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
tim14

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:03:48 PM

1 million buy order at 600 bittrex

Nice to see trade volumes up on Bittrex & Poloniex but I still believe we could use (at this stage) one more exchange of size
to promote Bitstar and offer support for multipool buy orders, which brings me to the following point.... Grin

Get Bitstar added to the hitbtc.com coin voting list. You can register an account to get 10X vote/otherwise each vote = 1

1. https://hitbtc.com/vote  (Scroll to the bottom & suggest)

2. Add link     {  http://bitstarcoin.com/  } 

hitbtc.com compared to other exchanges  >>  http://www.exchangewar.info/

You can also PM hitbtc.com here on bct   >>  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378827
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

Nice to see trade volumes up on Bittrex & Poloniex but I still believe we could use (at this stage) one more exchange of size
to promote Bitstar and offer support for multipool buy orders, which brings me to the following point.... Grin

Get Bitstar added to the hitbtc.com coin voting list. You can register an account to get 10X vote/otherwise each vote = 1

You can also PM hitbtc.com here on bct   >>  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378827

new exchanges are always nice too have... but being on poloniex and bittrex is already good! not many coins are listed on both these days... Wink
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

No rush.....this is not a pump and dump coin(except this buy wall at 6btc that seems someones who want pump and then dump).
We have time to get listed on mintpal.  Wink
tim14

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:23:54 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 05:17:02 PM by tim14

No rush.....this is not a pump and dump coin(except this buy wall at 6btc that seems someones who want pump and then dump).
We have time to get listed on mintpal.  Wink

No offense to your comment,  but I don't think you have any understanding how close Bitstar was to being de-listed on Bittrex back in late May / early June. I have the 70 sat buy orders to show it. "Mintpal" is a nice fantasy that requires 20000 more votes to get to #1 (and yes I vote several times daily).

So......Instead of day dreaming about Mintpal >>  We can get this coin onto one or more exchanges that could help everyone out sooner rather than later. If you have been paying attention in the last week or so even Dev has had problems dealing with Poloniex and Bittrex for multipool purchases.

Show a little wisdom in understanding that options are a good thing instead of simply stating  "No rush.....this is not a pump and dump coin"   Roll Eyes
tim14

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:31:33 PM

new exchanges are always nice too have... but being on poloniex and bittrex is already good! not many coins are listed on both these days... Wink

Read my response to fabula and get a clue. Maintaining the "status quo" for the sake of familiarity and comfort is the epitome of ignorance and self delusion.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:42:44 PM

One of the reasons I encouraged the dev to let me speak about what is coming is because I wanted to give those who have been long-term supporters of this coin a chance to decide if they wanted to get in to this coin more before the new wallet goes live.

It is a way of rewarding your patience by giving you enough information to decide, but not too much that the short-term speculators jump all over it and push the price all over the place.

So there are two factors in play right now. How much you want to be in financially and how much you are willing to do your bit, organisation-wise, in letting him dev while we promote and build the coin's stature so that the new features get the attention they will, quite definitely, deserve.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
tim14

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:51:17 PM

One of the reasons I encouraged the dev to let me speak about what is coming is because I wanted to give those who have been long-term supporters of this coin a chance to decide if they wanted to get in to this coin more before the new wallet goes live.

It is a way of rewarding your patience by giving you enough information to decide, but not too much that the short-term speculators jump all over it and push the price all over the place.

So there are two factors in play right now. How much you want to be in financially and how much you are willing to do your bit, organisation-wise, in letting him dev while we promote and build the coin's stature so that the new features get the attention they will, quite definitely, deserve.

Noted & appreciated,  Smiley
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:28:36 PM

Thanks for the replies, Yes I may have undersold the new wallet features a little, mainly because I've seen so many times other coins over hyping features and I didn't want to accidently over hype it as we want to be a stable currency.

Like cryptodevil says, it is a big feature and it will open up bits so much and will move it forward and I do think a lot of other coins will try and copy or emulate it, hence the secrecy of the new features.

Yes I don't personally want to give out my ID, like most on here I like my privacy.  I would understand people asking for it early on when we had a lot of premine left, but I think we've proven many times we're here for the long term. 

Some of the new features will not be decentralised to start with, so to allay your fears I can tell you we have 3 main people working on the coin and also some other people helping with other services.  The 3 main people have access to keep this coin going no matter what.

Regarding promoting the coin, this bit is always the hard bit to get right, we tried huge give aways to start with, but that didn't seem to help, we then did large give aways on the multipool, again not a massive change, we've had a lot of offers of paid for adverts etc, but I've so far not answered any of these, maybe we should have gone via this method.  If any of you like this idea, we can set up a wallet btc and/or bits for donations towards paying for advertising.

Thanks for your continued support, now back on with coding...
raleit2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

I have had multiple requests to rate BITS for value and target price.

I will rate this coin soon!

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/

1GJ6MocSnEih1tjPstsCKBxgH2PRpdBnVB
raleit2014

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:03:00 PM

Thanks for the replies, Yes I may have undersold the new wallet features a little, mainly because I've seen so many times other coins over hyping features and I didn't want to accidently over hype it as we want to be a stable currency.

Like cryptodevil says, it is a big feature and it will open up bits so much and will move it forward and I do think a lot of other coins will try and copy or emulate it, hence the secrecy of the new features.

Yes I don't personally want to give out my ID, like most on here I like my privacy.  I would understand people asking for it early on when we had a lot of premine left, but I think we've proven many times we're here for the long term. 

Some of the new features will not be decentralised to start with, so to allay your fears I can tell you we have 3 main people working on the coin and also some other people helping with other services.  The 3 main people have access to keep this coin going no matter what.

Regarding promoting the coin, this bit is always the hard bit to get right, we tried huge give aways to start with, but that didn't seem to help, we then did large give aways on the multipool, again not a massive change, we've had a lot of offers of paid for adverts etc, but I've so far not answered any of these, maybe we should have gone via this method.  If any of you like this idea, we can set up a wallet btc and/or bits for donations towards paying for advertising.

Can someone (DEV, if possible) give me more details on the wallet? in forum message system works.
Raleit2014

Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:30:10 PM

Can someone (DEV, if possible) give me more details on the wallet? in forum message system works.
Raleit2014

Feel free to PM, but wont be able to release details on the new features quite yet.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

As this project has a smaller team behind it that some of the bigger names, I'd like to give forum members a chance to nominate themselves for tasks that would otherwise be covered by the 'extra' members of the dev team, namely, promotional aspects, such as Twitter, or even larger tasks if you are skilled enough, such as additional wallet platforms like Android or Apple OS, (you'd need to be able to work with the dev to create a wallet app that would carry the new features due).

I am willing to offer bounties for these things and I would also ask other coin holders to offer to chip in too.

We have a fantastic coin project here, let's all chip in and do our bit(s) <=-- See what I did there? Cheesy

QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:44:54 PM

As this project has a smaller team behind it that some of the bigger names, I'd like to give forum members a chance to nominate themselves for tasks that would otherwise be covered by the 'extra' members of the dev team, namely, promotional aspects, such as Twitter, or even larger tasks if you are skilled enough, such as additional wallet platforms like Android or Apple OS, (you'd need to be able to work with the dev to create a wallet app that would carry the new features due).

I am willing to offer bounties for these things and I would also ask other coin holders to offer to chip in too.

We have a fantastic coin project here, let's all chip in and do our bit(s) <=-- See what I did there? Cheesy

I agree that we need to create some good bounties (some of the premine should still be available for that) for the things this coin needs.

I'm moderating the subreddit already, but I'm willing to help in other promotional ways as well. I'm a programmer by trade (C++ for the last 14 years professionally) so I may be able to help out in that way as well.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:49:42 PM

Ok, let's have some numbers.

Dev, how much should the community pay for someone to create an Android or Apple OS wallet in partnership with you so we can see a release of the new wallet across platforms?

What's realistic in both cost and timeframe? Can we get this accomplished so the new wallet blows everybody away regardless of their O/S preference?

raleit2014

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

I like the concept of this coin and really love to know more.
it would not be fair to rate this coin based on what I know.
as development continues I will rate without bias.

Crypto Analytics

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:42:58 AM

BITS is starting to get noticed it seems. Slow & steady. Looking good. Grin Grin Grin

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:36:29 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 03:58:11 AM by jakiman

No offense to your comment,  but I don't think you have any understanding how close Bitstar was to being de-listed on Bittrex back in late May / early June. I have the 70 sat buy orders to show it. "Mintpal" is a nice fantasy that requires 20000 more votes to get to #1 (and yes I vote several times daily).

So......Instead of day dreaming about Mintpal >>  We can get this coin onto one or more exchanges that could help everyone out sooner rather than later. If you have been paying attention in the last week or so even Dev has had problems dealing with Poloniex and Bittrex for multipool purchases.

Show a little wisdom in understanding that options are a good thing instead of simply stating  "No rush.....this is not a pump and dump coin"   Roll Eyes

You don't need any votes to be added to Mintpal actually. You just need to be within top 3 of trade volume in Bittrex/Polo.
Also, if there are lots of buzz around it, they'll ninja add also. So once the dev starts revealing more, we'll get there. Smiley Smiley

Regarding exchanges, some Chinese exchanges (bter, beedui, btc38 etc) + MintPal/Cryptsy/Bittrex is all it needs IMO.
For now, just Bittrex alone is OK. Even few days ago, Bittrex had the same total trade volume as MintPal. All good. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: