Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:50:25 AM

Hey there folk!
How's it going ?

Zoidberg

It's going well.  I thought you might show up after the recent post about a takeover.  So can you provide us with any insight into this collaboration 1blockologist is speaking of?

write code, make pull request, repeat

I'll be evaluating what kinds of updates are planned for Boolberry now that the sole developer has returned after a 5 month hiatus, and after the operator of the reddit and twitter page said there was no developer. These updates can potentially conflict with the rebasing that is planned

Before you made an appearance, I had sent Crypto Zoidberg and message that he might want to say hi to the community because a lot of people were asking about him.

Unless you have spoken to him and been told otherwise, I wouldn't assume CZ is coming back right away to code. He has told me that he would like someone to come and take over in his absence, just that he didn't know anyone versed in Cryptonote to do it.

I would suggest you and your team move ahead as aggressively as possible. I am sure CZ will participate and help at what ever point he can.

I concur.  Most of us would welcome some aggressive development of Boolberry.   
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 02:05:05 AM

Hey there folk!
How's it going ?

Zoidberg

It's going well.  I thought you might show up after the recent post about a takeover.  So can you provide us with any insight into this collaboration 1blockologist is speaking of?

write code, make pull request, repeat

I'll be evaluating what kinds of updates are planned for Boolberry now that the sole developer has returned after a 5 month hiatus, and after the operator of the reddit and twitter page said there was no developer. These updates can potentially conflict with the rebasing that is planned

Before you made an appearance, I had sent Crypto Zoidberg and message that he might want to say hi to the community because a lot of people were asking about him.

Unless you have spoken to him and been told otherwise, I wouldn't assume CZ is coming back right away to code. He has told me that he would like someone to come and take over in his absence, just that he didn't know anyone versed in Cryptonote to do it.

I would suggest you and your team move ahead as aggressively as possible. I am sure CZ will participate and help at what ever point he can.

I concur.  Most of us would welcome some aggressive development of Boolberry.    

Glad to see that. I had also assumed he had disappeared, and didn't initially plan on making pull requests to his repository

This can be a really professional outfit, and I am going through the process of setting that up

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:24:11 AM

Hey there folk!
How's it going ?

Zoidberg

Hey there crypto jewish space lobster!
How much of your 1% ongoing premine have you been holding? Dumping all the time, or just socking it away?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:50:25 AM

How much of your 1% ongoing premine have you been holding? Dumping all the time, or just socking it away?

Unless he owns 1% premine of Bitcoin, I don't think there is much to be "dumping all the time" for the past 2 years...
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:53:03 AM

Unless he owns 1% premine of Bitcoin, I don't think that is enough to be "dumping all the time" for the past 2 years...

Just curious if he's holding or selling his founder's rewards. Of course whatever he soaks up is enough for him to be "dumping all the time".
SDFG

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:57:21 AM

Other workers pools except http://bbr.mbkpool.info/#     Huh
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:18:33 AM

Hey there folk!
How's it going ?

Zoidberg

good to hear from you.....wish you good things with your new project

Cheers Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
@bb

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:50:27 AM

Hey there folk!
How's it going ?

Zoidberg

Hi Boss,

The BBR is under attack, all pools ddosed, I can't mine BBR unless solo mining, right now selling my etc to buy BBR.
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:23:01 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 06:47:10 AM by boolberry

had BBR devs kept at least a minimum of development effort, this would be their time to shine too but now I have to agree with this tweet: https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/770149257705721856

#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon.

Pump other coins under their thread/ twitter handles. These kind of posts/ tweets only serve to undermine the coin you're trying to promote... particularly if they are sent from twitter accounts that are falsely representing themselves as being associated with Boolberry.

Before you criticize me for that Tweet or lethos for sharing it here please try to understand my perspective. I spent a lot of time trying to build interest in Boolberry and grow its community but ultimately abandoned it after not seeing the level of interest I had hoped for. GitHub has not been active for a long time.

I have never claimed to officially represent Boolberry in any capacity. The Twitter account was made in attempt to revive the community (largely unsuccessful unfortunately) because this original account was abandoned 2 years ago. Speaking of Twitter @damashup I believed in the potential of your creation popboolr. What happened to it?

Before the crypto_zoidberg post I had no reason to believe the recent increase in BBR price and trading volume was not just a spillover in interest from Monero. If crypto_zoidberg, the 1blockologist or someone else starts developing BBR then I may be willing to become more active again. For now I share the caution or the ph4nt0m and plan on taking a wait and see approach.

I and my organization Blockchain Development Company will be taking over development of Boolberry.

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

Announcement thread incoming, the tl;dr is that I am a moderator of cryptonote, redditor for 2 years, never made a bitcointalk account as bitcointalk became irrelevant for blockchain projects sometime mid 2014 at the height of the altcoin mania, but now that cryptonote is gaining market attention I need to reach out to you all.

Spread the news, in the mean time I'll work on getting my post count up on bitcointalk so my legitimacy goes unquestioned.

What's your real account on GitHub to see your commits and evaluate your coding skills?

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:25:16 AM

had BBR devs kept at least a minimum of development effort, this would be their time to shine too but now I have to agree with this tweet: https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/770149257705721856

#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon.

Pump other coins under their thread/ twitter handles. These kind of posts/ tweets only serve to undermine the coin you're trying to promote... particularly if they are sent from twitter accounts that are falsely representing themselves as being associated with Boolberry.

Before you criticize me for that Tweet or lethos for sharing it here please try to understand my perspective. I spent a lot of time trying to build interest in Boolberry and grow its community but ultimately abandoned it after not seeing the level of interest I had hoped for. GitHub has not been active for a long time.

I have never claimed to officially represent Boolberry in any capacity. The Twitter account was made in attempt to revive the community (largely unsuccessful unfortunately) because this original account was abandoned 2 years ago. Speaking of Twitter @damashup I believed in the potential of your creation popboolr. What happened to it?

Before the crypto_zoidberg post I had no reason to believe the recent increase in BBR price and trading volume was not just a spillover in interest from Monero. If crypto_zoidberg, the 1blockologist or someone else starts developing BBR then I may be willing to become more active again. For now I share the caution or the ph4nt0m and plan on taking a wait and see approach.

I and my organization Blockchain Development Company will be taking over development of Boolberry.

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

Announcement thread incoming, the tl;dr is that I am a moderator of cryptonote, redditor for 2 years, never made a bitcointalk account as bitcointalk became irrelevant for blockchain projects sometime mid 2014 at the height of the altcoin mania, but now that cryptonote is gaining market attention I need to reach out to you all.

Spread the news, in the mean time I'll work on getting my post count up on bitcointalk so my legitimacy goes unquestioned.

What's your real account on GitHub to see your commits and evaluate your coding skills?

I know it's hard to believe and I know how you feel as I feel the same but I remain optimistic. If deving starts again then BBR will rise fast. It still has a following among JL777 supporters as well. It just a matter of having devs to move it along.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:07:32 PM

Unless he owns 1% premine of Bitcoin, I don't think that is enough to be "dumping all the time" for the past 2 years...

Just curious if he's holding or selling his founder's rewards. Of course whatever he soaks up is enough for him to be "dumping all the time".

I don't think one block a day is a big deal at the prices we saw this year. I recall miners can vote to reduce Zoidberg's reward down to 0% if they really want to.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:14:34 PM

I don't think one block a day is a big deal at the prices we saw this year. I recall miners can vote to reduce Zoidberg's reward down to 0% if they really want to.

I haven't followed BBR in over a year, so not sure what the 1% business is about, but to me a 1% stake of a coin is an entirely FAIR reward for someone who actually develops the coin. I swear people in btctalk expect developers to work for free just to make traders money. Lack of funding is usually the number 1 reason honest coin devs leave their project. What gets sticky with the issue of premines is when devs reward themselves obscene amounts like 50% for instance.

But like you said, at these prices I don't see how a 1% cut of a 400k marketcap is debilitating.
frankstine

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:18:49 PM

well keeping a close watch
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:23:28 PM

did this just rise because monero did. boolberry should be where monero is
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

I don't think this is correct, in fact, there was quite a bit of discussion about it a year or more ago. I think they can vote to delay them, or something, but I believe in the end it always comes out to 1%. Anyway, I guess miners can vote to reduce Zoidberg's rewards by just hardforking his ongoing mine dev address out of the source code if they were so inclined.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:54:13 PM

I don't think this is correct, in fact, there was quite a bit of discussion about it a year or more ago. I think they can vote to delay them, or something, but I believe in the end it always comes out to 1%. Anyway, I guess miners can vote to reduce Zoidberg's rewards by just hardforking his ongoing mine dev address out of the source code if they were so inclined.

That's also true. If Zoidberg says bye to us all and takeover happens, this will be one of the first things to do. No problem paying for the work done, but there wasn't much of it in the past year or so.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:23:59 PM

That's also true. If Zoidberg says bye to us all and takeover happens, this will be one of the first things to do. No problem paying for the work done, but there wasn't much of it in the past year or so.

This coin's biggest asset and it's greatest headache has been the talented, but mercurial dev.

Zoidberg should definitely be chief coder (if he wants to), but someone else should take over the day to day running of it, someone less ephemeral.  Wink

The Louisd'or project that Zoidberg was working on also seems to be dead in the water with a beta release promised six months ago and, since then, nothing at all. I'm sensing deja vu here.

If some set-up could be organised where Zoidberg was overseeing BBR, but still be able to come and go as he pleases whilst others take care of the stuff he finds boring... we might be on to something and the prospects for BBR could only improve.

As for the 1% dev fee, I'm happy for Zoidberg to keep what he has (it's well deserved) and he should continue getting it if he can find a way to become involved again. Otherwise, I think the fee should be raised to 2% and used for the betterment of BBR, be it promotion, buying in expertise, whatever.

Finally, before anyone starts again, the name is cool.  Grin
VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:04:03 PM

So after all that shit, we can see a perfect true that anyone realises:

A BIG COMMUNITY OR A TALENTED DEV, DOESN'T CARE AT ALL IF THERE'S NOT A WHALE BEHIND  

BBR was dead just a week ago, and now everyone wants to restart with it and become illusional.

Me and other large holders have injected a lot of $$$ here, we expect you to put BBR where it belongs and everyone will be happy. Wink Wink

And then, people saying that we are the cancer of crypto... Huh Huh Grin
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:24:13 PM

Pools are under constant DDoS attacks. And this situation lasts for over a year.... Shame  Sad
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:17:18 PM

This coin's biggest asset and it's greatest headache has been the talented, but mercurial dev.

Zoidberg should definitely be chief coder (if he wants to), but someone else should take over the day to day running of it, someone less ephemeral.  Wink

The Louisd'or project that Zoidberg was working on also seems to be dead in the water with a beta release promised six months ago and, since then, nothing at all. I'm sensing deja vu here.

If some set-up could be organised where Zoidberg was overseeing BBR, but still be able to come and go as he pleases whilst others take care of the stuff he finds boring... we might be on to something and the prospects for BBR could only improve.

As for the 1% dev fee, I'm happy for Zoidberg to keep what he has (it's well deserved) and he should continue getting it if he can find a way to become involved again. Otherwise, I think the fee should be raised to 2% and used for the betterment of BBR, be it promotion, buying in expertise, whatever.

Finally, before anyone starts again, the name is cool.  Grin

I know 1% isn't a huge amount, especially in dollar terms for a low market cap coin, but it just smells bad, imo. I also think Monero has pretty conclusively demonstrated that their voluntary contribution forum funding system is a better model for getting shit done.
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: