Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:44:50 PM

I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

CryptoZoidberg, looking forward to you coming back!

Lol "scam artist", good characteristic for many adventurous people attracted by easy money in cryptocurrency.

Not to beat a dead horse, and speaking as someone that doesn't think zoidberg has handled his role as developer, spokesperson, and 1% tax collector very well, but cheesus that "white paper" was a load of bullshit. You're giving scam artists a bad name lumping then in with le blockologist Tongue
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:21:02 PM

I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

Lol "scam artist", good characteristic for many adventurous people attracted by easy money in cryptocurrency.

Not to beat a dead horse, and speaking as someone that doesn't think zoidberg has handled his role as developer, spokesperson, and 1% tax collector very well, but cheesus that "white paper" was a load of bullshit. You're giving scam artists a bad name lumping then in with le blockologist Tongue

Seems like sucking up to me, how can you say that after he abandoned the community and left the project in a stale state for over a yr, and all the time receiving a 1% tax on all coins mined?
crypjunkie

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:24:29 PM

Easy money in cryptocurrency would be taking 1% of a coin while away working on another project would it not?
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 11:34:16 PM

haha new investors love the research report. It was intentionally written the way it was so that people outside of cryptocurrency would stay interested in reading it till completion. it is still circulating, judging from the analytics on the company website

I get contacted by all sorts of people who had no idea this kind of technology already existed and was so advanced.

http://bbrproject.slack.com is the place to be, I didn't set that up, someone that read the research report set it up. We're going to continue the updates to the RPC server, build infrastructure, get listed on bitsquare and so on

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:49:36 PM

haha new investors love the research report. It was intentionally written the way it was so that people outside of cryptocurrency would stay interested in reading it till completion. it is still circulating, judging from the analytics on the company website

I get contacted by all sorts of people who had no idea this kind of technology already existed and was so advanced.

http://bbrproject.slack.com is the place to be, I didn't set that up, someone that read the research report set it up. We're going to continue the updates to the RPC server, build infrastructure, get listed on bitsquare and so on

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes

Yw, thanks for reminding me to remove it as well Roll Eyes Seriously, I hope it was a fucking joke, because it was nothing but memes and promising the fucking moon to "investors".

re: crypjunkie, I don't think I've ever really been anything but critical of zoidberg, and especially of the 1% dev tax, so I'm not sure how I'm sucking up.

Edit: removed blockologist as mod, unstickied his "white paper", and switched side bar link back to this thread on reddit. I will post a text sticky so people can make their opinions known there about if they think he should be mod and which thread should be official.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 12:04:34 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 12:19:50 AM by 1blockologist

Edit: removed blockologist as mod, unstickied his "white paper", and switched side bar link back to this thread on reddit. I will post a text sticky so people can make their opinions known there about if they think he should be mod and which thread should be official.

It should be based on consensus, maybe you'll bring some activity to the subreddit Smiley

you are the only one calling it a white paper at this point Huh    neither the sticky thread, the paper itself, or references to the paper itself call it a white paper.

no it wasn't a joke, people were asking what we planned to do and why, it clearly details the roadmap and why. pretty verbose to write over and over again in forums and chatrooms, it is 19 pages after all.

yours and others biggest gripe is my recognition of profit potential? I've seen that to be a recurring theme. It goes from benign software development contributions to an insidious scheme solely because of extrapolating what happens when you increase the utility and more people want it? Did you consider the alternate approach of thinking "hey yeah thats probably rational"

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:09:06 AM

OK, maybe I misused the white paper term in place of roadmap or whatever you want to call it. That's what I suggested in the reddit thread, re: consensus. Let me know when more that 50% of the clients on the network and 50% of blocks generated are coming from your version, and I'll gladly give you full control of subreddit again. You're free to post in the meantime, just not sticky your roadmap and change the links in the sidebar.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 12:12:15 AM

OK, maybe I misused the white paper term in place of roadmap or whatever you want to call it. That's what I suggested in the reddit thread, re: consensus. Let me know when more that 50% of the clients on the network and 50% of blocks generated are coming from your version, and I'll gladly give you full control of subreddit again. You're free to post in the meantime, just not sticky your roadmap and change the links in the sidebar.

Thanks, well I'd like to collaborate and I'm not trying to fork the network so users can run any client they want. It is just you and boolberry moderating the subreddit (there isn't much activity there regardless, even over the past few months). I think the community would like a steward of that subreddit that is committed to this project

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
crypjunkie

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:28:32 AM

BTW jwinterm thanks for mod status on /r/boolberry  Roll Eyes

Yw, thanks for reminding me to remove it as well Roll Eyes Seriously, I hope it was a fucking joke, because it was nothing but memes and promising the fucking moon to "investors".

re: crypjunkie, I don't think I've ever really been anything but critical of zoidberg, and especially of the 1% dev tax, so I'm not sure how I'm sucking up.

Sorry jwinterm, my apologies i picked you up wrong on your statement.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:47:07 AM

Thanks, well I'd like to collaborate and I'm not trying to fork the network so users can run any client they want. It is just you and boolberry moderating the subreddit (there isn't much activity there regardless, even over the past few months). I think the community would like a steward of that subreddit that is committed to this project

And I think your commitment to this project is in serious doubt. When I think of the "boolberry community", some names that come to mind are zoidberg, shojayxt, clintar, boolberry, and windjc. You seem to have done a pretty good job of alienating zoidberg, shojayxt, and boolberry, I'm not sure about clintar's feelings, and I don't have have a favorable impression of windjc, so his endorsement of you is actually a negative in my mind.

Like I said, you're free to post in the subreddit and increase activity there, or start your own subreddit, or petition the admins to have me removed as mod, but at this point you've delivered nothing except a meme paper and antagonized the most prominent contributors to the project (zoidberg has done nearly all/all the coding and shojayxt is the only person I'm aware that has ever produced a boolberry-only service), so I think it's only right to remove you as mod from /r/boolberry. PM me when something changes if you're interested in being mod again.
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:14:28 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 01:28:47 AM by no-ice-please

As an outsider who owns a small amount of boolberry, I'll point out some headscratchers, some previously mentioned.

1) Going to the original website, then to the downloads page, a person is warned that the file does contain malware, and they are asked if they want to download a file that contains malware. That doesn't seem bright.

2) Just about any person who invests in crypto will want to create offline wallets.And in fact among all of the crypto wallets I have tried, lots of algorithms, lots of very different coins from very different devs, there is only one wallet that you cannot put on an offline computer and generate a backup wallet for. Easy to do with bitcoin, litecoin, even any scamcoin you can easily create an offline wallet for. Only boolberry, of all coins, does not make that doable for a beginner. Last time I mentioned that I got a comment along the lines of "Yes you can, if you do this and that", and a comment "Yeah the ability to create offline wallets might be useful", both dishonest responses.

Cryptonote I followed for a while, I was trading Bytecoin from Maria 2.0 on cryptsy when suddenly other bytecoin links appeared and followed the initial confusion, as well as the obnoxiousness of the monero spam terrorists back then who harassed other threads in a very unpleasant way.

Boolberry seems to have a fair history, it was rated early as the most popular cryptonote currency among the most experienced users, somebody analyzed the threads to find out which coin had the most senior supporters. It has potentially a lot of credibility if bullshit is kept to a minimum and simple real development occurs. The 1% tax thing is absurd. Somebody is not willing to make money by buying their own coin, but rather they want users to pay tribute?

instead of running around in circles the focus should just be on producing an actual coin and wallet that works, that does not give "this is malware" warnings, and that has a useable wallet for new people who are not interested in tech stuff.

add
a comment about the 19 page blockology pdf.
Companies in the 'regular' economy have always had to balance between pressure from shareholders, and the interests of long term quality. The one thing that a person notices quickly in the pdf is reference to a $50m market cap target. The previous conversation on this thread sounds like maybe that was written semi seriously. it does look more like a crypto prospectus than anything serious, but a person has to wonder who the paper is written for, and why. It seems like a rough draft that did not get feedback, so use of pronouns like "we" and "our" sound kind of phony. bottom line, where is a workable wallet that simply is as good as the average wallet from any other currency. Whether from zoidberg or blockologist?
crypjunkie

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:21:41 AM

As an outsider who owns a small amount of boolberry, I'll point out some headscratchers, some previously mentioned.

1) Going to the original website, then to the downloads page, a person is warned that the file does contain malware, and they are asked if they want to download a file that contains malware. That doesn't seem bright.

2) Just about any person who invests in crypto will want to create offline wallets.And in fact among all of the crypto wallets I have tried, lots of algorithms, lots of very different coins from very different devs, there is only one wallet that you cannot put on an offline computer and generate a backup wallet for. Easy to do with bitcoin, litecoin, even any scamcoin you can easily create an offline wallet for. Only boolberry, of all coins, does not make that doable for a beginner. Last time I mentioned that I got a comment along the lines of "Yes you can, if you do this and that", and a comment "Yeah the ability to create offline wallets might be useful", both dishonest responses.

Cryptonote I followed for a while, I was trading Bytecoin from Maria 2.0 on cryptsy when suddenly other bytecoin links appeared and followed the initial confusion, as well as the obnoxiousness of the monero spam terrorists back then who harassed other threads in a very unpleasant way.

Boolberry seems to have a fair history, it was rated early as the most popular cryptonote currency among the most experienced users, somebody analyzed the threads to find out which coin had the most senior supporters. It has potentially a lot of credibility if bullshit is kept to a minimum and simple real development occurs. The 1% tax thing is absurd. Somebody is not willing to make money by buying their own coin, but rather they want users to pay tribute?

instead of running around in circles the focus should just be on producing an actual coin and wallet that works, that does not give "this is malware" warnings, and that has a useable wallet for new people who are not interested in tech stuff.

Welll said enuf of the BOOLshit.
You should join the slack...
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:32:18 AM

I don't know anything about tech and have no interest in the mechanics, but how can there be so many hours put into slack when a wallet, a basic wallet that even the worst coins has, is not simply downloadable without warnings, and if you download it you cannot even create a wallet unless you have a degree in figuring out confusing wallets? 
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:50:49 AM

Easy money in cryptocurrency would be taking 1% of a coin while away working on another project would it not?

If it's not broken it doesn't need fixing ....I've had zero problems with wallet or mining. The thing everyone seems to miss is that when CZ releases something it works. I have tested a version of his new project and it

looks great GUI wallet and all. I'm convinced that when he returns and brings new features that are in development it will blow people away. I have no problems with his 1%, he is working on new features. He does not

hype it up, just quietly gets on with his work. On the other hand all I see with 1blockologist is hype......if he thinks this is so broken he should go and code his own coin. No one paid huge amounts of BTC for some

dodgy ICO here it has been mined from day 1, many people in crypto have a very short attention span, unfortunately many of them seem to have the loudest voices

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:00:56 AM

I don't know anything about tech and have no interest in the mechanics, but how can there be so many hours put into slack when a wallet, a basic wallet that even the worst coins has, is not simply downloadable without warnings, and if you download it you cannot even create a wallet unless you have a degree in figuring out confusing wallets? 

Have you used

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boolberry/files/bbr-win-x64-v0.3.0.41%28abcdeab%29.zip/download

it worked for me no problems

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
xmr_eric

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:11:12 AM

1blockologist,

Stop, man. Just... stop. These endless veiled power plays make it obvious that you don't have BBRs long-term interest at stake. Everybody smells it. We're not idiots. All you're doing is making yourself look bad. Maybe you're still holding a ton of BBR and you need the "vision" to stay alive. Maybe there's some other valid rationale. I don't know.

In fact, I don't know you at all, as a real person, so what I say next is going to be a generalization only based on how you've communicated online: your words have started to sound kind of sad. Like "I wonder how much this guy hates himself" kind of sad. Man, life is bigger than this! You're obviously a very talented guy. It takes a lot of creativity and grit and courage to come as far as you did. But the music has stopped.

You kind of sound like someone who lost their center. Maybe you need to go get in touch with yourself, starting with a good nights sleep. And afterward, perhaps a humble bowl of peyote and a solo trek in the Nevada desert. Whatever you need to get back what you used to have, and now struggle to feel. I took a month to hike some monastic trails in Montserrat one time. That did the trick for me.

Whatever the case is, I hope you find it, and rediscover that thing you're looking for. I wish future work for you that both makes you feel alive and earns people's applause.

Best
Eric
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:14:40 AM

Here is my experience.

I go to the page you link and see

This file may contain malware and the automatic download has been disabled.

Are you really sure you want to download potential malware? Here's the direct link.

I'm not really sure I want to download potential malware, since I don't get that warning with any other coin, but okay, I download it.

Then I put it on a computer and it gives a "connecting" symbol endlessly, presumably refusing to do anything unless I let it connect to a network, unlike any other coin. Not good.

add
I'm sure you must know that people create offline wallets with cryptocurrencies? i can do that with any currency, but not boolberry? Why?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:32:11 AM

add
I'm sure you must know that people create offline wallets with cryptocurrencies? i can do that with any currency, but not boolberry? Why?

no-ice-please, I am familiar with your comments from the huntercoin thread, and I appreciate your user/non-crypto person perspective on things. If you want to create a cold wallet, just generate an address with simplewallet, and then send there; you don't need to sync or anything.
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:49:47 AM

add

no-ice-please, I am familiar with your comments from the huntercoin thread, and I appreciate your user/non-crypto person perspective on things. If you want to create a cold wallet, just generate an address with simplewallet, and then send there; you don't need to sync or anything.

I'm not going to push and push.

1) Download the wallet from the link.

2) Put it on a usb.

3) Then put it on an offline computer.

Opening the main program it says "connecting" forever. Clicking on simplewallet in the program file, it does not generate an address. Back when Qcn was on bittrex or polo I created wallets with simpleminer, but with boolberry it does not work. Long ago when aeon was cheap I created wallets with it. I have tried many times. Boolberry is the only coin, out of many, that I have never been able to create an offline wallet with. I've tried on several computers, several downloads, etc.

I'll drop it but I am baffled that there is no mention in  the thread of this issue, nor of the "Are you really sure you want to download potential malware?" issue.

I have some boolberry and hope the price goes up but I won't interfere anymore.

1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 03:05:55 AM

add

I'm not going to push and push.

1) Download the wallet from the link.

2) Put it on a usb.

3) Then put it on an offline computer.

Opening the main program it says "connecting" forever. Clicking on simplewallet in the program file, it does not generate an address. Back when Qcn was on bittrex or polo I created wallets with simpleminer, but with boolberry it does not work. Long ago when aeon was cheap I created wallets with it. I have tried many times. Boolberry is the only coin, out of many, that I have never been able to create an offline wallet with. I've tried on several computers, several downloads, etc.

I'll drop it but I am baffled that there is no mention in  the thread of this issue, nor of the "Are you really sure you want to download potential malware?" issue.

I have some boolberry and hope the price goes up but I won't interfere anymore.

What OS? Nobody is talking about it because nobody is experiencing that problem and talking about it

If the GUI isn't working for you, you can use boolberry from the command line just like other cryptonote clients. You launch boold, let it sync with the blockchain, but with simplewallet you need to also designate a new wallet file with the --generate-new-wallet command

maybe thats the answer you were looking for

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: