Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:31:27 AM

So your problem is that the price of this coin may go up, is that correct?

No, that's incorrect.

Because JL777's poll is trending heavily towards 'no name change' I just re-bought the BBR stack I rage-dumped yesterday.

I want the three best CN coins to first dominate crypto-space, then the world!   Cheesy

You problem is your so entrenched in the status quo, you'd be happy if the coin continued as it as Which is silver to Monero's Gold. I don't hear anything innovating from you. How do you propose to promote BBR? How do you propose to raise BBR's market cap? All I hear from you are rude comments when anybody disagrees with you. The way you wax poetic about the Boolberry name makes you sound like a biblical fundamentalist. I don't see anything constructive coming out of your mouth.
There are others trying to do something positive to move this coin forward, and you doing nothing but gripe about the goddam name, and putting people down that don't share your opinion. While I agree you have the right to oppose a name change, you’re not the only one this coin effects. OK WE GET IT already! You want to keep the name, now shut up and let’s move on!

You and sussex seem have no respect for CZ and what he puts into this coin, it’s like you'd rather see the coin destroyed before you'd let it be renamed.  Really? Can't you think of just one other name other than Boolberry that you like? Why are you so disaffected by change? All I really care about is the coin and moving it forward, and you’re not doing a damn thing towards that goal. Really you dumped the coin? A rage dump? The stupidest thing I've ever heard. You’re like a little kid that doesn't get his way and throws a temper tantrum. Get over your hurt feelings and do something constructive. Seems to me you care more about your ego than you do with this coin. I don't know about others, but I'm sick and tired of your constant rants.

I'd love to hear others opinions, am I being unreasonable? How can we move forward and put an end to all this bullshit?

[emphasis mine *above*]

tljenson, you ask "am I being unreasonable?".

No, tljenson, you are being completely reasonable. iCEBREAKER is a total troll and everything you said about him is correct. He led thousands of investors to losses through iCEDRILL.

I hold both BBR and XMR, however I feel dirty that iCEBREAKER holds the same coins I do, he is that bad.

My advice, ignore this spiteful little child who has nothing worthwhile to say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:41:25 AM

So your problem is that the price of this coin may go up, is that correct?

No, that's incorrect.

Because JL777's poll is trending heavily towards 'no name change' I just re-bought the BBR stack I rage-dumped yesterday.

I want the three best CN coins to first dominate crypto-space, then the world!   Cheesy

You problem is your so entrenched in the status quo, you'd be happy if the coin continued as it as Which is silver to Monero's Gold. I don't hear anything innovating from you. How do you propose to promote BBR? How do you propose to raise BBR's market cap? All I hear from you are rude comments when anybody disagrees with you. The way you wax poetic about the Boolberry name makes you sound like a biblical fundamentalist. I don't see anything constructive coming out of your mouth.
There are others trying to do something positive to move this coin forward, and you doing nothing but gripe about the goddam name, and putting people down that don't share your opinion. While I agree you have the right to oppose a name change, you’re not the only one this coin effects. OK WE GET IT already! You want to keep the name, now shut up and let’s move on!

You and sussex seem have no respect for CZ and what he puts into this coin, it’s like you'd rather see the coin destroyed before you'd let it be renamed.  Really? Can't you think of just one other name other than Boolberry that you like? Why are you so disaffected by change? All I really care about is the coin and moving it forward, and you’re not doing a damn thing towards that goal. Really you dumped the coin? A rage dump? The stupidest thing I've ever heard. You’re like a little kid that doesn't get his way and throws a temper tantrum. Get over your hurt feelings and do something constructive. Seems to me you care more about your ego than you do with this coin. I don't know about others, but I'm sick and tired of your constant rants.

I'd love to hear others opinions, am I being unreasonable? How can we move forward and put an end to all this bullshit?

[emphasis mine *above*]

tljenson, you ask "am I being unreasonable?".

No, tljenson, you are being completely reasonable. iCEBREAKER is a total troll and everything you said about him is correct. He led thousands of investors to losses through iCEDRILL.

I hold both BBR and XMR, however I feel dirty that iCEBREAKER holds the same coins I do, he is that bad.

My advice, ignore this spiteful little child who has nothing worthwhile to say.

iCEBREAKER

Threatening to dump ✓
Ad hominem reasoning ✓
Voicing his opinions over others ✓
Spamming the thread ✓

Well as drawingthesun suggested above the best thing anybody can do is to put iCEBREAKER on ignore.

Nothing personal, I'm just not interested in accusations and flaming.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

Your bet with smooth is off?

It wasn't a bet it was just a friendly conversation about how the amount of general hostility on the forum seemed to be a bit much.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:45:30 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 11:56:43 AM by sussex

Well, since you ask............

CZ is a top notch dev, a reasonable guy (most of the time) and clearly committed - I respect him hugely for all of this, he does the work of three devs.

However, I'm not so sure he's cut out to be a promotional guru as well, that would be asking for too much. This is where, in my and other's opinion, there is/was a weakness in the management of Boolberry and virtually all other coins.

That is all I have been trying to say.

Your reasoning that I cannot have respect for CZ is unsound, mis-judged, partisan and very slightly insulting - are you sure you read my posts?

Edit:

Also slapper's posts don't help - perhaps if he could just ease up on the "fag" accusations..... or at least find a synonym?
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:03:31 PM

I just wanted to set something straight. I don't dislike like the name Boolberry. I just think we have to make BBR exciting again, I really believe that it is the community that in the end makes or breaks a coin. We all need to feel proud of the name and what it stands for, so whatever we decide to call it we need to believe in what it stands for. I've already given my opinion so I'm done talking about talking about the name. I will support whatever we choose.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

Jon stumbled on it the way Penzias and Wilson stumbled on the CMB.

It's always been right there under the droppings!

Hedge!

Hedgecoin's supporters can hijack this word the way "gay" was hijacked decades ago.

Hedge funds.
Hedging your bet.
Trimming the hedge.

Hedge!!!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

How do you set the data directory for boolb-qt? I tried adding -datadir=d:\WhereIWantItToGo\data but it just immediately crashes.

Also tried running qt-boolb.exe --help from cmd, and it also immediately crashes.
jperkins

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:16:35 PM

I'm sorry to interrupt the current discussion but I have a technical question regarding Boolberry/Rune or whatever it's going to be called.

Is there a method for changing wallet passwords?  Or do I need to create a new wallet and transfer the coins?  If I have an alias attached to the wallet I want to change the password on is there a way to transfer that to the new wallet if that is what I need to do to change the password?

Thanks

Does anyone have an answer or is there some location I can go to find this information?

If I missed a reply I apologize but I couldn't stand reading through the last pages of posts.  I hope you understand.

Thanks
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:19:26 PM

I'm sorry to interrupt the current discussion but I have a technical question regarding Boolberry/Rune or whatever it's going to be called.

Is there a method for changing wallet passwords?  Or do I need to create a new wallet and transfer the coins?  If I have an alias attached to the wallet I want to change the password on is there a way to transfer that to the new wallet if that is what I need to do to change the password?

Thanks

Does anyone have an answer or is there some location I can go to find this information?

If I missed a reply I apologize but I couldn't stand reading through the last pages of posts.  I hope you understand.

Thanks

No, it's not possible yet. It's not hard to implement, but too much work ahead and this feature seemed to be rare needed.

Zoidberg

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

How do you set the data directory for boolb-qt? I tried adding -datadir=d:\WhereIWantItToGo\data but it just immediately crashes.

Also tried running qt-boolb.exe --help from cmd, and it also immediately crashes.

Hi jwinterm!

It's not crushed, it exit right after start, because you passed wrong command line parameter, since this is not console but GUI application, it can't write messages in console. Anyway, this issue should be handled somehow, in future, i'll add this in todo list.

Anyway, here is command line for launching with specified data dir:
Code:
qt-boolb.exe --data-dir=C:\home\tmp

Zoidberg

jperkins

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:25:51 PM

Thanks

Thanks

No, it's not possible yet. It's not hard to implement, but too much work ahead and this feature seemed to be rare needed.

Zoidberg

Thank You very much for answering.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 09:11:26 PM

https://github.com/fluffypony/bitmonero/commit/014708fe71c1379af281ca9ac17e82c159e98e6d

lol Smiley

Monero devs (particular fluffypony) have no idea what they do Smiley

sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Off topic but interesting
http://kryptoradio.koodilehto.fi/
sonoIO

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:17:50 PM

https://github.com/fluffypony/bitmonero/commit/014708fe71c1379af281ca9ac17e82c159e98e6d

lol Smiley

fluffypony, isn't he lead dev of XMR?
Check Descryption column in row with his name here
https://privacysolutions.no/
 Grin
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

Isn't anoncoin different than monero?

Lead for the Abscond BB. PR. Active developer on i2pd. Lead dev for Anoncoin.
sonoIO

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:33:32 PM

Lead for the Abscond BB. PR. Active developer on i2pd. Lead dev for Anoncoin.

https://privacysolutions.no/
In first row is Meeh. Third is fuffypony, and he:
Keeps track of administrative issues, PR, and law. Lead dev for the Monero coin.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:08:29 PM

lol Smiley

fluffypony, isn't he lead dev of XMR?

No that is a mistake on the privacysolutions web site. Now that you've pointed it out I'm sure he will have it corrected.

fluffypony made a mistake thinking the BBR commit was a general cryptonote exploit issue.

In the current environment being a bit on edge is understandable.

I see that it has has been reverted.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

Of course. It is my understanding that both anoncoin and Monero are working with privacysolutions but I'm not really up on it so I could be wrong.

clintar

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:11:04 PM

cncoin.farm has been updated to use fancoder's cryptonote-universal-pool. I added cryptic, hard to understand options for donations and fixed diff comes with fancoder's code. You can set them using the login in your miner. Check page for hard to understand instructions. Please let me know if you have any questions.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 10:13:58 PM

cncoin.farm has been updated to use fancoder's cryptonote-universal-pool. I added cryptic, hard to understand options for donations and fixed diff comes with fancoder's code. You can set them using the login in your miner. Check page for hard to understand instructions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for this hard to understand announce! Great job!  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: