Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583013 times)
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:25:57 AM

[iPOCO] I am proud to announce our new IPOCO.

///Goal?
* Provide an online place for buying Karma related clothes/items.

///How?
* Using Spreadshirt platform, they take care of everything (printing, sells, invoices, customer support)

///What are the benefits?
Each item is set at a minimum price + our benefit.

Our net benefits are :
Full K-tee : 3 euros
Simple K-tee : 2 euros
K-Ecobag : 3 euros
K-Cap : 3 euros
K-Tie : 2 euros
Keddy Bear : 2 euros
Chill Out : 2 euros
K-Mug : 2 euros
K-chain : 1 euro
K-Badge : 0.50 euro
KPhone Kase : 1 euro

///What will you do with benefit?
-All benefit goes to KarmasharesLLC, all will be transparent as usual.
With benefits in Euro, we will buy BTC at best market rate then distribute BTC to KarmasharesLLC shareholders.

///What do we need for this IPOCO?

-People making fun Karma designs, best ones will be available on our Shop.

///Costs?
-One cool .com domain name
-60 euros to have the premium account for 6 months, or 100 euros for 12 months.

///Who is in?
-Delaforetnoire, project leader
-you?

///FIRST DRAFT : We found a cool name, FABRI₭ , what do you think?

http://fabrik.spreadshirt.net/

We must find a good domain name for our shop, any ideas?

Hey, count me in! Is it possible to sell HAND PAINTED item, it will be limited in production but every piece will be personalized and unique! Very professional looking lay out you got there man. And to think it is not even the final web design. Go karma!

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:36:59 AM

To get a better idea of what people think about the PoS announcement. The key questions/variables for the announcement are as follows:

1. Should PoS it be implemented at all?

Estimated date:
2. July 28, 2014

Conditions for the change:
3. PoS tests before implementation date go well; and
4. The price of Karma remains below a certain threshold for the July 14-July 28 period.

PoS details:
5. "Interest" of approximately 6.26% per annum (0.5% per 30 days)
6. Holding period of 30 days
7. Coin cap, 92 billion? "until no further coins remain to be discovered"
8. An unknown amount of KarmaShares for holding the coins in the wallet for 30 days.

My thoughts:
1. Yes it should be implemented.
2. It is best to let the people who are implementing the change set this date to make sure it can be done correctly. The sooner it can be done the better.
3. Of course.
4. The decision as to whether the coin goes to PoS should not be based on current or future prices at all.
5. I consider the interest to be similar to inflation, only the holders purchasing power remains the same (all other things being equal). For anyone not holding the currency it would appear as the inflation rate is 6%. The inflation rate should be more in line with developed economies at around 1.5-2.5% per annum.
6. Reasonable.
7. I do not believe there should be a coin market cap. If inflation works up to the market cap it should work beyond it. There is no need to make a two stage process three stages. Either go PoS with no inflation or go PoS and keep inflation. I believe PoS and keep inflation is better.
8. I don't have an issue with a company giving me some of its shares for free. However, Karma LLC should not piggy back on Karma's announcement that it might be going to PoS. The entities should be kept as separate as possible to prevent the value of Karma being pegged against a start-up company. I mean no offense but most start-up companies fail.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:14:06 AM

To get a better idea of what people think about the PoS announcement. The key questions/variables for the announcement are as follows:

1. Should PoS it be implemented at all?

Estimated date:
2. July 28, 2014

Conditions for the change:
3. PoS tests before implementation date go well; and
4. The price of Karma remains below a certain threshold for the July 14-July 28 period.

PoS details:
5. "Interest" of approximately 6.26% per annum (0.5% per 30 days)
6. Holding period of 30 days
7. Coin cap, 92 billion? "until no further coins remain to be discovered"
8. An unknown amount of KarmaShares for holding the coins in the wallet for 30 days.

My thoughts:
1. Yes it should be implemented.
2. It is best to let the people who are implementing the change set this date to make sure it can be done correctly. The sooner it can be done the better.
3. Of course.
4. The decision as to whether the coin goes to PoS should not be based on current or future prices at all.
5. I consider the interest to be similar to inflation, only the holders purchasing power remains the same (all other things being equal). For anyone not holding the currency it would appear as the inflation rate is 6%. The inflation rate should be more in line with developed economies at around 1.5-2.5% per annum.
6. Reasonable.
7. I do not believe there should be a coin market cap. If inflation works up to the market cap it should work beyond it. There is no need to make a two stage process three stages. Either go PoS with no inflation or go PoS and keep inflation. I believe PoS and keep inflation is better.
8. I don't have an issue with a company giving me some of its shares for free. However, Karma LLC should not piggy back on Karma's announcement that it might be going to PoS. The entities should be kept as separate as possible to prevent the value of Karma being pegged against a start-up company. I mean no offense but most start-up companies fail.

Chargin.

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:22:30 AM

Thanks for those who replied to my inquire about the amount of coins I would expect from mining this coin.

So, I downloaded the wallet, but there are not active connections to the network!!  So no sync.

Any help appreciated.

Mind you, it is a bit concerning when there are no connections to a wallet for a coin I'm thinking of mining.

This problem came up a couple of pages back. You'll need a new peers.dat file. Please refer from this post; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg6588934#msg6588934

We will include this shortly in the new wallet file for new wallet downloaders (most of us already have peers)

Our apologies for the inconvenience

Thanks for the help.  I will mine this coin now...

*Image Removed*
altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:56:38 AM

Thanks for those who replied to my inquire about the amount of coins I would expect from mining this coin.

So, I downloaded the wallet, but there are not active connections to the network!!  So no sync.

Any help appreciated.

Mind you, it is a bit concerning when there are no connections to a wallet for a coin I'm thinking of mining.
this node is always up: altcoin.dk:9432

you can just add it in the console.
Iris Cea7k5

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:43:03 AM

Great job karm Team! your hard work is reflected in the recent price hike. Keep up the good

work!
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:02:38 AM

So, the answer to the question:

"Can I Become a Shareholder Without Exchanging Coins?" - Of course. Starting around May 11 if you keep 10,000,000 coins in your wallet for 30+ days you'll automatically be eligible for membership. (In fact, we'll put you down as a shareholder even if you forget to notify us.) The exact date this will begin will be posted to this website (http://karmashares.com/).

Is between 14 and 28 July. Or am I missing something.
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:21:17 AM

"Can I Become a Shareholder Without Exchanging Coins?" - Of course. Starting around May 11 if you keep 10,000,000 coins in your wallet for 30+ days you'll automatically be eligible for membership. (In fact, we'll put you down as a shareholder even if you forget to notify us.) The exact date this will begin will be posted to this website (http://karmashares.com/).

Hi, I think it means that after May 11,2014 if somebody keeps 10M + in his Karma wallet he will automatically be eligible for the corresponding profit share for the succeeding quarter of Karmashares LLC, which has nothing to do with the decision whether to push thru with PoS or not, which is slated to be decided in July 2014.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
Delaforetnoire

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:39:55 AM

Hi, I think it means that after May 11,2014 if somebody keeps 10M + in his Karma wallet he will automatically be eligible for the corresponding profit share for the succeeding quarter of Karmashares LLC, which has nothing to do with the decision whether to push thru with PoS or not, which is slated to be decided in July 2014.
That is true, thank you  Smiley

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:56:17 AM

I see a debate is going on about switching to POS. Mahatma Gandhi says "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching". I am saying that if somebody continue to do what he is doing, he will continue to achieve what he is achieving. Act now. There is a lot of preaching to do or do not. To that I say -  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. We are not in the era of Bitcoin anymore. I don`t understand why this is not clear to somebody. The times when we where mining with cards in plastic crates into basements are over. Gone. The rules are different. Things just have to change way more faster. No coin has 4-6 years like Bitcoin. Now is a matter of days, weeks and in worst case scenario - months. The coin with less than 10GHs network can not be visible. Why are you continuing to insist that POW should continue? The big idea is to develop big doing good corporation by Karmashares. This is my perception of Karma. And believe me, this guy kosmost can do it. He just can. I don`t care if somebody share this opinion. Meanwhile, it is imperative for Karma to be visible. And this can only be achieved through constant changes. We should not be afraid of changes, this is what the leaders do. We don`t need to invent something to raise Karma, just do little constant innovations with short term clear and visible results. And innovation is very simple thing - to add the missing to already existing, in order to send it into the area of success. POS is just one of the missing things that we need to add. I am sure that it is not the last. Don`t be afraid of the change, embrace it.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

I see a debate is going on about switching to POS. Mahatma Gandhi says "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching". I am saying that if somebody continue to do what he is doing, he will continue to achieve what he is achieving. Act now. There is a lot of preaching to do or do not. To that I say -  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. We are not in the era of Bitcoin anymore. I don`t understand why this is not clear to somebody. The times when we where mining with cards in plastic crates into basements are over. Gone. The rules are different. Things just have to change way more faster. No coin has 4-6 years like Bitcoin. Now is a matter of days, weeks and in worst case scenario - months. The coin with less than 10GHs network can not be visible. Why are you continuing to insist that POW should continue? The big idea is to develop big doing good corporation by Karmashares. This is my perception of Karma. And believe me, this guy kosmost can do it. He just can. I don`t care if somebody share this opinion. Meanwhile, it is imperative for Karma to be visible. And this can only be achieved through constant changes. We should not be afraid of changes, this is what the leaders do. We don`t need to invent something to raise Karma, just do little constant innovations with short term clear and visible results. And innovation is very simple thing - to add the missing to already existing, in order to send it into the area of success. POS is just one of the missing things that we need to add. I am sure that it is not the last. Don`t be afraid of the change, embrace it.

I agree!
CatKiwi

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:17:58 AM

We are seeing large dumpings from single persons here - This is good! These people likely bought hundreds of millions when the coin was worth 14-15 Litoshi - by dumping we now have people that have bought those coins at 34-40 Litoshi. With each dumping we thin out the sell walls a little bit more. Most people who buy for say 34 wouldn't consider selling until they at the very least doubled their money based on what they have seen happen with PND and PANDA and the other coins that went up 200-400% in the matter of a day or two.

p4r4m0un7

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:37:49 AM

So, on 11 June or so we shall be able to see this addresses here http://karmashares.com/explorer-v01?
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:55:29 AM

Binding Karma POS with future price is the same as not deciding what to do. This is strong negative signal to the markets. It is the same as saying "OK, maybe we will try". Personally, I prefer what Yoda said "No, try not. Do or do not. There is no try". Do not bind going to POS with future price. It is a huge mistake. If you decide not to go POS, OK, say we shall not POS. Or we will do it. It is really confusing for everyone, when there is announcement for going to POS, and then we are reading that it may not happen if price is X. This must not happen.
CatKiwi

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:32:59 PM

Binding Karma POS with future price is the same as not deciding what to do. This is strong negative signal to the markets. It is the same as saying "OK, maybe we will try". Personally, I prefer what Yoda said "No, try not. Do or do not. There is no try". Do not bind going to POS with future price. It is a huge mistake. If you decide not to go POS, OK, say we shall not POS. Or we will do it. It is really confusing for everyone, when there is announcement for going to POS, and then we are reading that it may not happen if price is X. This must not happen.

It must happen. We have voted on it and it has been announced with a block target and an estimated date, any attempt to go back on that would be catastrophic. I also agree that is a bad move to instill doubt by making polls and asking questions like "At what price level do we decide not to go POS when the time comes?" I guarantee you it will be manipulated one way or the other come the day of reckoning. We MUST have a solid set of details set in stone for the POS transition. No if's, no buts, no 'let's see what the price is' nonsense. In the words of Captain Picard - "Make it so."

jcsc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:54:38 PM

+1
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:11:12 PM

It must happen. We have voted on it and it has been announced with a block target and an estimated date, any attempt to go back on that would be catastrophic. I also agree that is a bad move to instill doubt by making polls and asking questions like "At what price level do we decide not to go POS when the time comes?" I guarantee you it will be manipulated one way or the other come the day of reckoning. We MUST have a solid set of details set in stone for the POS transition. No if's, no buts, no 'let's see what the price is' nonsense. In the words of Captain Picard - "Make it so."

I meant putting doubts on the table must not happen. I am strong POS supporter. But keep in mind that this transition is very, very complicated. So we are not into position to demand POS. And if you ask me we are not into position to demand anything. If it can happen, it will be good. If not, other suggestions will be welcome. After all we are just brainstorming here. I now saw that Alphi involved the word "greed" into one of his posts, so let me put my point of view. I am mining from zero hour (day one). When we were at 8-11 litoshi I was buying, because I wanted to support Karma and this was my part. At 73 litoshi I didn`t sell. You will not see my coins on the market when the price is 73 satoshi also. I was ready to give big part of my wallet to someone who was able to push Karma on Mintpal. The coin should flow, not stay in several hands. Many coins in one hand is really bad for itself. Most people do not understand it, but it is true. When it flows into stupid hands though, we see sell walls, which is worst. By holding some coins I see my part of preventing downtrend inspired by such dumb morons, that are undermining our biggest goal - Karmashare. So this is not greed. It is a common sense.

P.S. I`ve lied about not selling at any price. I will have to sell some at 500 satoshi, so kosmost can go on a nice vacation, as I have promised.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

I meant putting doubts on the table must not happen. I am strong POS supporter. But keep in mind that this transition is very, very complicated. So we are not into position to demand POS. And if you ask me we are not into position to demand anything. If it can happen, it will be good. If not, other suggestions will be welcome. After all we are just brainstorming here. I now saw that Alphi involved the word "greed" into one of his posts, so let me put my point of view. I am mining from zero hour (day one). When we were at 8-11 litoshi I was buying, because I wanted to support Karma and this was my part. At 73 litoshi I didn`t sell. You will not see my coins on the market when the price is 73 satoshi also. I was ready to give big part of my wallet to someone who was able to push Karma on Mintpal. The coin should flow, not stay in several hands. Many coins in one hand is really bad for itself. Most people do not understand it, but it is true. When it flows into stupid hands though, we see sell walls, which is worst. By holding some coins I see my part of preventing downtrend inspired by such dumb morons, that are undermining our biggest goal - Karmashare. So this is not greed. It is a common sense.

I would add that Karmashare's biggest goals are the growth of the Karma economy, the widespread adoption of Karma, and the rewarding of coin-holders.

P.S. I`ve lied about not selling at any price. I will have to sell some at 500 satoshi, so kosmost can go on a nice vacation, as I have promised.

Smiley

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:33:41 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 01:48:17 PM by kosmost

It must happen. We have voted on it and it has been announced with a block target and an estimated date, any attempt to go back on that would be catastrophic. I also agree that is a bad move to instill doubt by making polls and asking questions like "At what price level do we decide not to go POS when the time comes?" I guarantee you it will be manipulated one way or the other come the day of reckoning. We MUST have a solid set of details set in stone for the POS transition.

Time will tell.

The poll to which you are referring is here, for the curious: Should Karmacoin change its code to decrease the total # of coins from 92 billion?

If we held the same poll today we would have different results, guaranteed.

(This was before Karmashares changed the nature of 92 billion coins being "a lot of coins". Karmashares is also one solution for the large number of coins. It does not interfere with the fundamentals of the coin code, nor does it pose much risk. Note that this does not imply that we are against PoS.)

No if's, no buts, no 'let's see what the price is' nonsense. In the words of Captain Picard - "Make it so."

The higher our price, the less of a need for PoS. (All coins do not "need" to go PoS, right?) It makes more sense at 10 litoshi than it would at 10 satoshi. (I am not implying that if our coin price is 10 satoshi then there is no need for PoS.)

Again, we are taking a cautious approach to a fundamental change. Anything else would be foolish. (There are a handful of PoS proponents on this thread. Can you imagine what kind of backlash there would be if shifting to PoS messed us up? How many more people would be outside with pitchforks?)

We have a long-term vision, not a short-term one.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:34:43 PM

So, on 11 June or so we shall be able to see this addresses here http://karmashares.com/explorer-v01?

There will be a new address for the Share Explorer. In it you will be able to see your wallet addresses and the percentage(s) of the company and shares associated with them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: