Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583013 times)
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:42:04 PM

Top 10 coins on Mintpal (by volume on 11.05.2014):

DarkCoin - X11, 22 mil. max coins. Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2). Dark send feature.
CinniCoin - PoS
BlackCoin - PoS
NobleCoin - scrypt (pump and dump for today)
WhiteCoin - PoS
NC2 - PoS
Litecoin - No Need to introduce
Zetacoin - SHA256
PandaCoin (PND) - Scrypt -N
Myriad - 1st Multi-PoWScrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Groestl

I will also include RDD Reddcoin, because they are implementing PoSV and they have more than 63 BTC volume on Cryptsy now and one among us like it a lot Grin.

So basically, without being litecoin, it is impossible to reach top 10 with Scrypt PoW.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

on that list.

could you make 3 different arrangement list with the same coins.

list what coin you think is legit on top and less legit to a scam on bottom.

then do an other list based on total number of coins mined already

then do a top list with the most instamined coin on the first 24 hr.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:07:41 PM

Top 10 coins on Mintpal (by volume on 11.05.2014):

DarkCoin - X11, 22 mil. max coins. Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2). Dark send feature.
CinniCoin - PoS
BlackCoin - PoS
NobleCoin - scrypt (pump and dump for today)
WhiteCoin - PoS
NC2 - PoS
Litecoin - No Need to introduce
Zetacoin - SHA256
PandaCoin (PND) - Scrypt -N
Myriad - 1st Multi-PoWScrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Groestl

I will also include RDD Reddcoin, because they are implementing PoSV and they have more than 63 BTC volume on Cryptsy now and one among us like it a lot Grin.

So basically, without being litecoin, it is impossible to reach top 10 with Scrypt PoW.

PND is switching from 100% POW to 100% POS - they are 0% premine, 0% IPO. It is the most similar coin to ours in terms of fundamentals EXCEPT it should be Karma going up not PND.

PND has gone up on the announcement that it is switching to POS in 10 days (now Cool.

Those are the facts. We need to commit to POS now or be left behind. Noble is doing a great job of collecting in all the BTC from the few who want to invest in a genuine coin with real projects and wheels in motion. There is no reason to expect KARMA to go up at this stage unless we say "OK, 100% transition to POS will be in X Days/weeks". No News - No publicity - No volume - Price won't go anywhere as the newly mined coins enter the market each day. 

Face it guys, we are NOT in the line of sight of 99.9% if traders - the volume speaks for itself. That we get excited when a 30LTC buy order pops up is proof of this - We should be seeing 20-30x the volume currently but we are invisible.

Please , Please; can we just get something decided here. I've read all the announcements and comments on the reddit subthread and still don't REALLY know where we are headed from here because of all the 'if's' and 'maybes' and ill thought out qualifiers before POS will be implemented.

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:56:21 PM

I was totally with you until this part.   People mined Karma because it was, and still is, a kick ass coin with 1 minute block time that started with massive early bonuses.  It was a miners dream mixed with a really great name and mission! Smiley

100% with you. Karma was, and still is, awesome! Smiley
But you should know that probably 90% of the miners out there don't give a shit about any coin but BTC and maybe one or two "pet" alts. They mine what is profitable and sell. If they can exploit a weakness/bug/hashrate advantage to make even bigger profit, most of them won't think twice. And while I am sure most miners are regular guys, have solid ethics and wouldn't ever dream of consciously damaging a coin, there will always be some that won't have a problem with it. The altcoin space is not called wild west without reason. There are heroes and there are bad guys. Just look at all the horrible scams, hacks, ddos attacks etc.

Let's say I was one of the early recipients of the new mega powered scrypt ASICs, and I point my new weapon at the Karmablockchain.  I immediately start doing 25-50-75% of all of the hashing.  I am providing a service to the network and helping the KARMs flow throughout the web.  I collect 25-50-75% of all the blocks.  I immediately dump them?  Sit on them?  Sell part of them?  Not sure what the big deal is or the threat that is coming.  If you can cite an example of the threat I would like to read more and share with the team. 

3 words: Time warp attack
"The time warp attack[1] is based on a bug in Bitcoin and Litecoin (and their forks) where the difficulty calculation is off by one block. This is an example of a flaw that affects all coins, especially ones with low network hash rates. " - Litecoin Wiki

Several coins have been hit by time-warp attacks already. I know at least one was attempted against UNO lately (though apparently it was unsuccessfull). Terracoin is a pretty well known example, check this discussion on it from "Let's talk bitcoin". Really, listen to it. The basic set up is very similar to the situation Karma and other Litecoin clones will be facing soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8ffDIw0J3Q
The relevant part is from 0:20 - 11:53

A quote from the show, right after they discuss the attack, how it happened, what made it possible to happen and how it could be prevented (from Andreas Antonopoulos): "Well, in this case, choosing SHA256 as a proof of work puts you right in the shark pool. [...] Use the PoW to carve out your own little swimming pool where you can survive [...] otherwise, the ASICs will come and swallow you."

"Scypt 2014" === "SHA256 2013"

Would someone invest $12k in the latest ASIC card to mine something and then fork the coin to oblivion?  Doesn't make sense to me. Normally someone investing that kind of money is fairly disciplined, intelligent, and is going to put his money to work in the most efficient, responsible manner.

Yes of course someone will get the idea to fork a coin into oblivion. Why wouldn't they if it makes them fast and easy BTC? Don't get me wrong, I love your optimism, but under which rock have you been hiding? Do you not see the shit that is constantly going on around us in these very forums? There are plenty of wealthy people in this space that only care about one thing - profits. They don't care about any altcoin, some even don't care about BTC.

Will Karma be a target? Who knows - I sure hope not! But there WILL be casualties.

Loving the discussion, and I can speak for the team when I say, we always want transparency in all that we do.  So please dont get down on any of this as indecision or confusion.   We are all on the same mission here and have the same goals for this crypto and the community. 

We have set a reasonable timeline to ensure that all options are considered and promise to be as transparent as possible.  Smiley

Well then good luck to us all I guess. If we get through all of this unscathed I will make a nice donation to the Karmafund.

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:01:13 AM

[snip]

Kosmost - Is the project "lill" your own development? How about the future projects? How are these projects going to be funded? Sorry if this had been answered before and I missed it.

I'm leading the following projects right now: Lill, Wespond, Hireplex. I'll release them into beta and see which developers are interested in taking over the projects. Then I will work on other projects. These three can serve as an example so people can see how iPOCOs will work, and how easy it can be to get projects going.

As mentioned, anyone can put up an idea on the subreddit. They or someone else can lead the team, and others can join the team.

For now, the projects are not "pre-funded". The community will decide how to reward the iPOOCO team members based on performance, momentum, and success.

This prevents us from spending money on projects that may not gain traction. We can probably do some pre-funding when our coin price is much higher, but it wouldn't be good now.

Hope this answers your question.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:37:03 AM

I think we should have up-to-dated wallet with integrated function for PoC. (like Coin age control.etc )
Does dev. them have any plan to update wallets?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:04:50 AM

I think we should have up-to-dated wallet with integrated function for PoC. (like Coin age control.etc )

We will use blockchain info for this.

If there are any additional changes that we need to make to the wallet because of it (unlikely) then it will be spec'd out in July probably.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:06:19 AM

Ok some idea :

Find a way to use karma to buy steam game or steam code.

Find a way to use karma on amazon and lot of website on internet.

Create somes games using karma (like karma world cup game, really nice idea), minecraft server, android game with karma ect.

Find a way to convert karma to $ or € and to have it on you bank account fast something like virwox.

Maybe a debit card or credit card with karma.

To have a place on the karma website where every body can view all the information like the number of coin mined, the number to mine, the price per karma coin in euro and usd with a calculator to do some calculations, the next block reward, the number of karma invested in karma share. Dont know if you understand what i mean, but a central webpage where you can find the most important information about karma.  (this is one of really important thing i think)

To have a real market about karm in bitcoin doge coin litecoin vertcoin ect every interesting coin. You can ask what is the interess i will answer.
The more market and the more place you have to spend or change karma the lowest wall you have and the higher the price can go.

Need a way to comunicate on twiter, youtube, facebook, yahoo, google, even linkedin.

If we really want some visibility we need to be accepted in KICKSTARTER, HUMBLE BUNDLE, MY MAJOR COMPANY, everything about crowdfunding can be interessting if karma can be use and have visibility.

As you know a lot of people buy ingame gold for game like diablo3, world of warcraft, elder scroll online, ect.. If we can find some gold seller website who can add karma as a way to pay it can be nice.

To have a way to buy karma by credit card without high taxe.

One interesting thing im thinking of, a way to transform an amount of karma in a link where the peoplewho received the ling  just have to click to receive the number of coin sended to his wallet.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

Good stuff! Thanks.. will add it to the list of future dev

sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:44:15 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 04:57:51 AM by sylph93

If there are any additional changes that we need to make to the wallet because of it (unlikely) then it will be spec'd out in July probably.

Thanks for reply. I also have ECCoin as well. It's new wallet has coin age control feature. So I can select which coin send first.
Younger coin should be sent first to keep old coin gaining ages.
plz refer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503236.0  Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

Thanks for reply. I also have ECCoin as well. It's new wallet has coin age control feature. So I can select which coin send first.
Younger coin should be sent first to keep old coin gaining ages.
plz refer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503236.0  Cheesy

Thanks for the link. It will be considered.

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:17:07 AM

here is one thing that probably has not been discussed yet.

we have a Karma wall right? where people can post comments.
we encourage people to send small donations to people for doing good.

we know that all altcoins can store a small message with transactions...

so how about we combine those ideas?

how about rather than just spreading Karma around as a token gesture... why don't we actually use it to spread real gestures.

and by that I mean... why not use Karma and the blockchain as the messaging system for sending nice messages of encouragement/feedback along with coins themselves.

we could then hook into the blockchain and pull out those messages and put them up on a website (or block explorer) so that people could actually see the positive comments that went along with the donations.. sort of like a the feedback system used in Ebay etc..

we could make it really easy so that if someone has a website that is accepting Karma donations... people could lookup that address and see the recent feedback (or see it shown on the actual donation page itself) which would give them a better indication of how legit/karma worthy that address actually was..

and ofcourse if someone had a scam donation address people could send negative feedback via a 1 Karma transaction which would mean that they get very little actual money but the negative Feedback is stored for others to see... this ofcourse would encourage Legitimate users of the system to keep their addresses clean so that they can keep collecting donations... and those who are scammers would have to keep changing addresses and thus would perpetually have very little positive feedback.

sounds like a good idea to me.. I give it to the Karma community for free... and if you guys don't implemented it then I may have to just implement it myself for one of my projects.

just think of it... Karma could be the very first crypto currency to have its very own address rating system.

PS.. and another thought.. to stop people from trolling addresses with abusive messages.. we could have a modest but  somewhat prohibitive Fixed transaction fee for negative feedback. (like the HashCash idea to stop email spammers)

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:35:37 AM

how about rather than just spreading Karma around as a token gesture... why don't we actually use it to spread real gestures.

and by that I mean... why not use Karma and the blockchain as the messaging system for sending nice messages of encouragement/feedback along with coins themselves.

we could then hook into the blockchain and pull out those messages and put them up on a website (or block explorer) so that people could actually see the positive comments that went along with the donations.. sort of like a the feedback system used in Ebay etc..

we could make it really easy so that if someone has a website that is accepting Karma donations... people could lookup that address and see the recent feedback (or see it shown on the actual donation page itself) which would give them a better indication of how legit/karma worthy that address actually was..

and ofcourse if someone had a scam donation address people could send negative feedback via a 1 Karma transaction which would mean that they get very little actual money but the negative Feedback is stored for others to see... this ofcourse would encourage Legitimate users of the system to keep their addresses clean so that they can keep collecting donations... and those who are scammers would have to keep changing addresses and thus would perpetually have very little positive feedback.

sounds like a good idea to me.. I give it to the Karma community for free... and if you guys don't implemented it then I may have to just implement it myself for one of my projects.

just think of it... Karma could be the very first crypto currency to have its very own address rating system.

PS.. and another thought.. to stop people from trolling addresses with abusive messages.. we could have a modest but  somewhat prohibitive Fixed transaction fee for negative feedback. (like the HashCash idea to stop email spammers)
I really like that idea. Inovative use of the blockchain is something that far too few coins are doing, despite the blockchain being the most brilliant feature of bitcoin and its clones.

altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:56:58 AM

I really like that idea. Inovative use of the blockchain is something that far too few coins are doing, despite the blockchain being the most brilliant feature of bitcoin and its clones.
agreed. the blockchain is the paradigm-smasher, the cryptocurrency only a sideproject.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

PS.. and another thought.. to stop people from trolling addresses with abusive messages.. we could have a modest but  somewhat prohibitive Fixed transaction fee for negative feedback. (like the HashCash idea to stop email spammers)

Good idea. It's actually a feature of the Lill search engine, as discussed before. We can annotate transaction IDs and wallet addresses for all coins (not just Karma) and attach notes, maps, videos, links and other media to them. Each can then be rated.

(This will be demonstrated along with the beta release to the Karma community in a couple of days. There's been some delay, as some db changes needed to be made. But automatic adding of each transaction ID will require even more db power, and this can be considered later.)

Putting them the positive comments for Karma sseparately is a good idea, too.

A fixed transaction fee for negative feedback is interesting but may be difficult to implement. Nonetheless it will be added as a possible future dev.

Thanks for the suggestions!

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:10:55 AM

Please reply with any problems with the Linux wallet (v0.8.6.2.5) - Thanks!

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:28:43 AM

Really nice website and nice design i will maybe try few buck for france ^^

Good job on the site.

Sorry, but no team from Europe will have the chance for the title. Grin Not in Brasil. Look at Argentina and Brasil. Spainiers are now two old to maintain the same class. Germans and/or the Portugese will hit semi, but that is it. Expect surprise from Belgium. Many says that Netherlands are strong for second final, but I disagree. I will bet for Argentina. If Messi is to be recognized as the best player ever walked on this earth, he got to win the title. You saw him sparing his power all half season in Barca, only with the WC in mind. And he is backed from Zabaleta, Mascherano, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain, Lavezzi, Maxi, etc. I see this team as far more stronger than the one from 1986 and 1990. But, no matter who will win WC, Karma will raise. So, GO KARMA!

I think a a South America team wins this year as well.  Do you really think Messi has been saving himself for it?  That's dedication to his country. 

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:21:49 PM

Good idea. It's actually a feature of the Lill search engine, as discussed before. We can annotate transaction IDs and wallet addresses for all coins (not just Karma) and attach notes, maps, videos, links and

yeah I understood that your search engine could rank and rate information...

I was thinking more along the lines of a cryptographically secure decentralised way of rating/verifying addresses and passing on encouraging messages through the Karma network itself (ie on the blockchain) so that your client or any blockchain aware app or website could simply tap into the feeds directly and display them live on any screen.

this has several advantages...

1) past feedback can't be tampered with by anyone and by using the hashcash model, bad actors are disincentivised from trolling or bashing competitors.
2) the messaging system cannot be easily blocked by firewalls unlike twitter and facebook.
3) compromised karma addresses can be sufficiently labelled so that people wishing to send to them would get a message in the Karma client itself warning them that their may be a problem as they try to send Karma.
4) anyone can scan the blockchain and find the people/organizations who are doing the most good... (and those doing the least) and contribute to their cause.

I know that a website can do most of that.. but the difference is that a website can be hacked, tampered with, taken offline etc... the block chain pretty much cant.

anyways I know you guys have a mountain of project so if you want to discuss the ideas in further detail at a later date.. its all good...

just imagine twitter + microtransactions on the block-chain that isn't run by anyone and can't be shutdown by anyone. a virtually free service without advertising that grows in value the more people use it.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:32:12 PM

Really nice website and nice design i will maybe try few buck for france ^^

Good job on the site.

Sorry, but no team from Europe will have the chance for the title. Grin Not in Brasil. Look at Argentina and Brasil. Spainiers are now two old to maintain the same class. Germans and/or the Portugese will hit semi, but that is it. Expect surprise from Belgium. Many says that Netherlands are strong for second final, but I disagree. I will bet for Argentina. If Messi is to be recognized as the best player ever walked on this earth, he got to win the title. You saw him sparing his power all half season in Barca, only with the WC in mind. And he is backed from Zabaleta, Mascherano, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain, Lavezzi, Maxi, etc. I see this team as far more stronger than the one from 1986 and 1990. But, no matter who will win WC, Karma will raise. So, GO KARMA!

I think a a South America team wins this year as well.  Do you really think Messi has been saving himself for it?  That's dedication to his country. 

Definitely. But I think it was more a consequence of his 2 months out injury, than dedication to Argentina. Speaking frankly, at least 12 countries have the potential to win the title. But I prefer Argentina.
ShawnLeary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:09:46 PM

I'm betting on Brasil, Argentina, and I'm trying to do one other team, for my big bets.  I figure I really just want to double my money so can't put the eggs in too many baskets, also want to help the charity so definitely going to throw some small wagers on a few more teams.  If somehow a team like Portugal or USA wins and you are the only one with, say, the minimum 100k wager on them, you win the entire pot!  Smiley 

ShawnLeary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:24:03 PM

Good idea. It's actually a feature of the Lill search engine, as discussed before. We can annotate transaction IDs and wallet addresses for all coins (not just Karma) and attach notes, maps, videos, links and

yeah I understood that your search engine could rank and rate information...

I was thinking more along the lines of a cryptographically secure decentralised way of rating/verifying addresses and passing on encouraging messages through the Karma network itself (ie on the blockchain) so that your client or any blockchain aware app or website could simply tap into the feeds directly and display them live on any screen.

this has several advantages...

1) past feedback can't be tampered with by anyone and by using the hashcash model, bad actors are disincentivised from trolling or bashing competitors.
2) the messaging system cannot be easily blocked by firewalls unlike twitter and facebook.
3) compromised karma addresses can be sufficiently labelled so that people wishing to send to them would get a message in the Karma client itself warning them that their may be a problem as they try to send Karma.
4) anyone can scan the blockchain and find the people/organizations who are doing the most good... (and those doing the least) and contribute to their cause.

I know that a website can do most of that.. but the difference is that a website can be hacked, tampered with, taken offline etc... the block chain pretty much cant.

anyways I know you guys have a mountain of project so if you want to discuss the ideas in further detail at a later date.. its all good...

just imagine twitter + microtransactions on the block-chain that isn't run by anyone and can't be shutdown by anyone. a virtually free service without advertising that grows in value the more people use it.

Sounds like the goal of a lot of the projects I read about on r/darknetplan.  Cool stuff. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: