Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:57:44 AM

I just finished listening to Bitcoins and Gravy and there were a few mentions of the work David (TheLittleDuke) has been doing with a bit of good and watch my bit. They may accept Karma coins in the future. I think that could be a huge opportunity for Karmacoin. I know there are mixed feelings toward David and his involvement with Karma but this kind of awareness for the coin has to be a good thing.
Using Karma for http://www.watchmybit.com/ would be awesome.

It's not that there is a lot of mix feelings but mostly people are tired of David mocking Karma's "Team" and tired of seeing him comparing his 2givecoin with Karma any moments he sees the opportunity. 

I mean i get it, he is fond of his hard work. But its tiresome having it mentioned on every single post of his. especially its unethical to promote other coins in a thread mainly subject to a specific coin.

Also , no one really controls Karma and dictates how it is used. No one is stopping anyone from using Karma coin and its blockchain to use it for any service or for any other use as they wish. Really. there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. Its open source.

Therefore if David wants to implement Karma for Watchmybit.com , he is more then welcome to do so. No one can stop from doing so anyways.  As a matter of a fact, as we can see above. Some the people here are excited when he mentioned that he would or what it seems like it already does.

Regarding his IDcoin project. I don't still understand what exactly he needs that he keeps asking if Karma should be used for it.

Here are two examples how anyone can do something about Karma:

1. Create the service/project and then declare it publicly . Ie:
       Guys i made this karma game/site/donation. If anyone is interested on using it, here it is ____________!

2. Bring a paper napkin idea to this community and ask for help:
       Dear Karma community. I would like to create such ___  service but i would need help first with A & B.

Of course there goes more to these then that basic steps but the main massage is that they usually follow that path.

We got a working blockchain. It's moving smoothly.
We got a good community. recently in tough times.

We have all the core basics to build a future. We just need to realize that it can not be a 5 people effort

I have mention before and i will keep mentioning in hopes more people will understand it.

The basic steps to a good coin:
1. Age
2. Adaptation
3. Liquidity
4. Utility

To me, the most important is Adaptation. A coin with a good adaptation will have an easier time building liquidity and utility. Adaptation is the key point. Since we lost our good initial distribution due to low coin prices and low miners we have to rethink how to best distribute the current coins. Some one can buy millions of coins with just few bucks. This should not ever be the option. No one should own more then few millions. This is the biggest elephant in the room. : ) 

There fore we should think hard how to resolve this issue. We fix this issue and we loose a lot a weight that is keeping us from going forward.

So what do we do?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:19:45 AM

Anyone who would like to get involved in trying out and building some APPs with KARMA API please send Andre (scryptminer) a message.

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:26:37 AM

Was anyone ever able to withdraw any coins from Mintpal v2 before they went MIA???
easteagle13

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:09:16 AM

The claim that they don't know whose coins belong to whose account is NOT TRUE.

The blockchain is invented for that purpose.

If they do have the access, they don't have to ask whose coins they got, they only have to send it back to the DEPOSITING address recorded on the blockchain.

-east

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:04:50 PM

I just finished listening to Bitcoins and Gravy and there were a few mentions of the work David (TheLittleDuke) has been doing with a bit of good and watch my bit. They may accept Karma coins in the future. I think that could be a huge opportunity for Karmacoin. I know there are mixed feelings toward David and his involvement with Karma but this kind of awareness for the coin has to be a good thing.
Using Karma for http://www.watchmybit.com/ would be awesome.

It's not that there is a lot of mix feelings but mostly people are tired of David mocking Karma's "Team" and tired of seeing him comparing his 2givecoin with Karma any moments he sees the opportunity. 

I mean i get it, he is fond of his hard work. But its tiresome having it mentioned on every single post of his. especially its unethical to promote other coins in a thread mainly subject to a specific coin.

Also , no one really controls Karma and dictates how it is used. No one is stopping anyone from using Karma coin and its blockchain to use it for any service or for any other use as they wish. Really. there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. Its open source.

Therefore if David wants to implement Karma for Watchmybit.com , he is more then welcome to do so. No one can stop from doing so anyways.  As a matter of a fact, as we can see above. Some the people here are excited when he mentioned that he would or what it seems like it already does.

Regarding his IDcoin project. I don't still understand what exactly he needs that he keeps asking if Karma should be used for it.

Here are two examples how anyone can do something about Karma:

1. Create the service/project and then declare it publicly . Ie:
       Guys i made this karma game/site/donation. If anyone is interested on using it, here it is ____________!

2. Bring a paper napkin idea to this community and ask for help:
       Dear Karma community. I would like to create such ___  service but i would need help first with A & B.

Of course there goes more to these then that basic steps but the main massage is that they usually follow that path.

We got a working blockchain. It's moving smoothly.
We got a good community. recently in tough times.

We have all the core basics to build a future. We just need to realize that it can not be a 5 people effort

I have mention before and i will keep mentioning in hopes more people will understand it.

The basic steps to a good coin:
1. Age
2. Adaptation
3. Liquidity
4. Utility

To me, the most important is Adaptation. A coin with a good adaptation will have an easier time building liquidity and utility. Adaptation is the key point. Since we lost our good initial distribution due to low coin prices and low miners we have to rethink how to best distribute the current coins. Some one can buy millions of coins with just few bucks. This should not ever be the option. No one should own more then few millions. This is the biggest elephant in the room. : ) 

There fore we should think hard how to resolve this issue. We fix this issue and we loose a lot a weight that is keeping us from going forward.

So what do we do?

+1 but I think you mean Adoption. Adoption and broad distribution are key to any successful economy.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:15:37 PM

If they do have the access, they don't have to ask whose coins they got, they only have to send it back to the DEPOSITING address recorded on the blockchain.

-east

at Moolah the server that had the Karma coins failed to migrate. moolah is in control of Mintpal.com

the people who previously owned Mintpal have retrieved a backup server. they know who owns what but they cannot return the coins because they don't have access to the withdraw addresses which are controlled by Moolah and stored on mintpal.com. The problem is that Withdraw addresses are not always the same address as the one used to send the coins to Mintpal in the first place.

Now they are stuck in a legal battle so the chances of them working together any time soon are very slim.
it is possible that Moolah could fix the failed migration but I doubt they will be willing to do it with every coin community screaming at them.

both Moolah and Mintpal are probably in control of the private keys for those coins so in theory they could both attempt return the coins but it wouldn't be an easy process for either side and if they tried to do it without cooperating with the other side then half the people could end up getting double coins and the other half getting no coins.

that is why this whole situation is a huge mess.

we can push the old Mintpal owners to just send coins back to where they came from but that would mean that some people will miss out getting their coins back because they would have sent coins from another exchange and not from personal wallets. (this would mean that the coins would go back to the other exchange and not to the user)

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:23:49 PM

Hola

Getting your Karma coin's back is not that difficult.  Your dev - manager (someone you trust) have to contact Ferdous.  He can do so with Twitter.  Or he can contact me and I'll help him with reaching Ferdous. 

Ferdous is pretty cooperative and fair.  He just want everyone to get their money back.

The recovery process is not perfect.  As you know, we have to use V1 DB, so any transaction done in V2 is not included.  So the balance won't be as accurate as we would like, but still, I do prefer 100% getting 90% of their coins back then 0% getting any.

Soltantgris, TeamFLT
easteagle13

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

Hola

Getting your Karma coin's back is not that difficult.  Your dev - manager (someone you trust) have to contact Ferdous.  He can do so with Twitter.  Or he can contact me and I'll help him with reaching Ferdous. 

Ferdous is pretty cooperative and fair.  He just want everyone to get their money back.

The recovery process is not perfect.  As you know, we have to use V1 DB, so any transaction done in V2 is not included.  So the balance won't be as accurate as we would like, but still, I do prefer 100% getting 90% of their coins back then 0% getting any.

Soltantgris, TeamFLT

We would trust Bitwho for the coordination of this matter, thank you very much. Please course everything about this issue with him, and the community would work out everything with him.

-east

socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:51:33 PM

-east

at Moolah the server that had the Karma coins failed to migrate. moolah is in control of Mintpal.com

the people who previously owned Mintpal have retrieved a backup server. they know who owns what but they cannot return the coins because they don't have access to the withdraw addresses which are controlled by Moolah and stored on mintpal.com. The problem is that Withdraw addresses are not always the same address as the one used to send the coins to Mintpal in the first place.

Now they are stuck in a legal battle so the chances of them working together any time soon are very slim.
it is possible that Moolah could fix the failed migration but I doubt they will be willing to do it with every coin community screaming at them.

both Moolah and Mintpal are probably in control of the private keys for those coins so in theory they could both attempt return the coins but it wouldn't be an easy process for either side and if they tried to do it without cooperating with the other side then half the people could end up getting double coins and the other half getting no coins.

we can push the old Mintpal owners to just send coins back to where they came from but that would mean that some people will miss out getting their coins back because they would have sent coins from another exchange and not from personal wallets. (this would mean that the coins would go back to the other exchange and not to the user)

Sending coins back is worng, I bought KARM, it is mine, not the dumpers guy. I never loaded KARM there, only LTC which I exchangged for KARM. They can easyly solve problem with who is the owner. There was almost no volume traded during v2 runtime, so their old database from V1 is more than 99% correct. Nobody was able to withdraw KARM during V2 beeing online.  Also, there is an easy way how to solve the problem with 100% accuracy. They have login&passwords to old accounts, they can ask people to send them login&pass to v2 version. They can compare logins and send money to addresses filled in v2 version. Everyone has already or can now fill there his withdrawal address. Easy work, it can be even done via some scrapping script, which will log in to v2 version and check the amount and withdrawall address. They only need to create some form, where people can fill in their v2 login and password. Creating such form + such script can't take longer than 1 day work.  There is no excuse for not doing that.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:59:17 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 12:19:49 AM by bitwho

-east

Sending coins back is worng, I bought KARM, it is mine, not the dumpers guy. I never loaded KARM there, only LTC which I exchangged for KARM. They can easyly solve problem with who is the owner. There was almost no volume traded during v2 runtime, so their old database from V1 is more than 99% correct. Nobody was able to withdraw KARM during V2 beeing online.  Also, there is an easy way how to solve the problem with 100% accuracy. They have login&passwords to old accounts, they can ask people to send them login&pass to v2 version. They can compare logins and send money to addresses filled in v2 version. Everyone has already or can now fill there his withdrawal address. Easy work, it can be even done via some scrapping script, which will log in to v2 version and check the amount and withdrawall address. They only need to create some form, where people can fill in their v2 login and password. Creating such form + such script can't take longer than 1 day work.  There is no excuse for not doing that.

interestingly enough charging also recomanded we collect people pass and username so we can log in into mintpal and verify their account holdings.

Question is : Will people be okay with sharing their mintpalV2 password?

If everyone is comfortable with giving up their password it would make the whole process move along extremely fast/easy. It is the best solution for sure. But it would have to be a unified agreement(high majority) .  
lineagespook

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:02:43 AM

Hey guys,

Just launched a new forum www.bitcointelevision.ca (still new, you will definitely see some wix ad's till I subscribe to a package)

Added Karma coin under the "channels" section (see it to the right)

Feel free to post
Alphi

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:17:56 AM

If everyone is comfortable with giving up their password it would make the whole process move along extremely fast/easy. It is the best solution for sure. But it would have to be a unified agreement(high majority) .  

I am all for the coordination to get our coins back but giving your password and userID to anyone is a very bad idea.

as socoban said the previous mintpal owners should be able to verify addresses and accounts provided they have access to the old V1 database so creating scripts and a front end should not be too difficult a task. this will cancel out all trades that happened on the V2 servers in the days prior to the massive shitstorm but I guess that cant be helped.

if we can get a broad community agreement that we are willing to forget any and all transactions that happened on V2 then that will bring us a few steps closer to getting our coins back at least.

I know I made some trades during that period but from memory it was only a few million coins... im happy to lose those and also happy to contribute a portion of the coins I get back towards the fund to fight that douche bag Alex green.

what does everyone else think? how about we all donate 10% of the coins we get back to have the courts kick Alex greens ass.
i am happy to go higher if everyone else wants to, but I think we should ALL make a commitment to donate considering these people are going out of their way to save our asses.

Alphi

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:22:59 AM

Sending coins back is worng, I bought KARM, it is mine, not the dumpers guy.

socoban I meant that if you sent some Karma to mintpal then they can use that address to send your balance back to you. (not the coins you sent them)
of course like you said this method doesn't work for people who didn't send any karma to mintpal and so there would be some people that would need to register to withdraw their coins. but I would say that more than 50% of people would have sent coins to mintpal from a Karma address so they should have at least one Karma address on file for each user account with a karma balance.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:42:35 AM

I am all for the coordination to get our coins back but giving your password and userID to anyone is a very bad idea.

as socoban said the previous mintpal owners should be able to verify addresses and accounts provided they have access to the old V1 database so creating scripts and a front end should not be too difficult a task. this will cancel out all trades that happened on the V2 servers in the days prior to the massive shitstorm but I guess that cant be helped.

if we can get a broad community agreement that we are willing to forget any and all transactions that happened on V2 then that will bring us a few steps closer to getting our coins back at least.

I know I made some trades during that period but from memory it was only a few million coins... im happy to lose those and also happy to contribute a portion of the coins I get back towards the fund to fight that douche bag Alex green.

what does everyone else think? how about we all donate 10% of the coins we get back to have the courts kick Alex greens ass.
i am happy to go higher if everyone else wants to, but I think we should ALL make a commitment to donate considering these people are going out of their way to save our asses.

well. as long as people agree to sticking with v1 data then its fine. Perhaps those few who did trades in V2 can volunteer to give up their info so we can log in and verify their claim too.

this is all open to any suggestions. I am already in talks with v1 guy that has the wallets and the users database. But i will not ask him to give me the wallet until we have all agreed(majority) on a timely solution.
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:20:47 AM

Forget any V2 action.  Ryan Kennedy won't assist in any way, don't lose your time !

socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:04:05 AM

well. as long as people agree to sticking with v1 data then its fine. Perhaps those few who did trades in V2 can volunteer to give up their info so we can log in and verify their claim too.

this is all open to any suggestions. I am already in talks with v1 guy that has the wallets and the users database. But i will not ask him to give me the wallet until we have all agreed(majority) on a timely solution.
+1

KARM trading on V2 version was very short and low volume. Many of accounts was not accessible for many days, like mine. When they enabled my account after many days, I immediately tried to withdraw 5000 KARM as test. I never received them, and there is nobody I know about able to withdraw KARM from V2. I think this means KARM withdrawals were not possible since V2 started. V1 data are for sure 99% accurate. Easy solution is, they should create a form, where people will sigh in using V1 login&pass and fill in their KARM address.
If they want 100% accuracy, they can ask people to fill in their KARM amount they see in v2 version + confirm it with screenshot upload or V2 password. In case v1 value is different from V2 value, simply send minimum of both values. This way they will never send more than they should and remaining KARM can be in some fund for later claims. Everything will be on blockchain, so they will have a proof, they never paid more than they should.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:30:32 PM

Just a fyi, I'm shutting down http://www.karmagames.info, The costs of running the site have been out of pocket and I can't justify keeping it going with very little traffic. So if anybody has any coins held there it would be wise to withdraw them before the shutdown. I'm planning to shut it down effective January 1st, 2015 so 45 days from the time of this post. Any remaining coins not claimed by then will be re-purposed for the sole use of spreading awareness of karma/donated to any projects that are in the works at that time.

I have not had a reply off spitfire1337 yet but I am publicly offering use of my companies hosting services (CryptoCloudHosting) and (Currently private) VPS business services to ensure continued running of http://www.karmagames.info. I can also personally help with maintenance if required.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
easteagle13

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:33:36 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 09:55:06 AM by easteagle13

Just a fyi, I'm shutting down http://www.karmagames.info, The costs of running the site have been out of pocket and I can't justify keeping it going with very little traffic. So if anybody has any coins held there it would be wise to withdraw them before the shutdown. I'm planning to shut it down effective January 1st, 2015 so 45 days from the time of this post. Any remaining coins not claimed by then will be re-purposed for the sole use of spreading awareness of karma/donated to any projects that are in the works at that time.

I have not had a reply off spitfire1337 yet but I am publicly offering use of my companies hosting services (CryptoCloudHosting) and (Currently private) VPS business services to ensure continued running of http://www.karmagames.info. I can also personally help with maintenance if required.

Can you also quote a price for KARMA API hosting?

-east

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

Can also quote a price for KARMA API hosting?

-east

Do you have a rough specification for your requirements or an estimate of requests per hour for the API?

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
easteagle13

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:04:49 AM

Do you have a rough specification for your requirements or an estimate of requests per hour for the API?

Let's say 400 users how much will be per hour?

Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: