Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:34:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669573 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 11, 2024, 07:47:19 AM

Expect that most of the countries and exchanges will be delisting XMR. This has been ongoing for years and there's no way that these exchanges want to sacrifice their business for XMR. This is actually sad to see that the best privacy coin is being collaboratively clamped down by different governments of countries.  Lips sealed

Don't forget to fuck the system

The system that we've once trusted in but they're the one that's also taking back our trust on them.  Lips sealed
Why they're too afraid about monero and any other privacy matters? Fiat is also used for those reasons that they might say about the crack down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
johnfoss

Activity: 135
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 12:06:09 PM
Merited by paid2 (1)

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 66) IS OUT NOW! Like, share, subscribe, and spread the word about Monero as it continues to grow and offers unmatched financial privacy.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-66
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 982
Merit: 421

Eclipse™ Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2024, 03:57:49 AM

══ ══ ════ ⋆⋆ ════ ════ ⋆⋆ ════ ════ ⋆⋆ ════ ════ ⋆⋆ ════ ════ ⋆⋆ ════ ══ ══

Hello Friends,

Exciting news from Eclipse! We've just listed a very limited collection of 2020 LEALANA .25 XMR tokens for sale exclusively on eclipsepayments.com. This special release is prioritized for our valued Bitcointalk community members.

To explore and purchase from this exclusive collection, you can create an account here: https://www.eclipsepayments.com/

Setting up an account with Eclipse is simple and secure, requiring just an email address and a password. For enhanced security, we recommend using a password manager like KeepassXC to store your login credentials.

Each of these Monero coins is priced at only $200 and comes loaded with .25 XMR. Additionally, every coin has been professionally graded and encapsulated by PCGS, ensuring both authenticity and quality.

You can reach me via direct messages or on Telegram at @eclipsepayments.

At checkout, we accept a variety of payment methods including debit cards, credit cards, Bitcoin, Monero, and several other altcoins.

Hoping to see you over at our website!

Eclipse© - PCGS sunrise.

Eclipse© - Slabs do the talking.

Eclipse© - Mirrored reverse.

Eclipse© - Line of ecash.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
johnfoss

View Profile
May 21, 2024, 10:10:49 AM
Merited by Eclipse33 (2), Hueristic (1)

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 67) NEWSLETTER IS OUT NOW! Like, share, subscribe, and spread the word about Monero as it continues to grow and offers unmatched financial privacy.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-67
acme89

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 08:24:30 PM

Excuse me my ignorance. But I must ask this.

Are all transactions on Monero chain private? And if I would send XMR from one cex to another cex, would these two addresses be visible in the transaction hash?
Mate2237

Activity: 756
Merit: 593

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 09:08:45 PM

Are all transactions on Monero chain private? And if I would send XMR from one cex to another cex, would these two addresses be visible in the transaction hash?
If Monero network is a decentralized project then all it transactions must be private but if you are using centralized exchanges to make transaction with themselves then the privacy is no more because the CEX third party most see the transaction and can even freeze the coin if their is any suspicious movement of the coins. And I think the two addresses would be visible because and that is where people can track the location of the transaction.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 4995

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 10:21:17 PM

If Monero network is a decentralized project then all it transactions must be private but if you are using centralized exchanges to make transaction with themselves then the privacy is no more because the CEX third party most see the transaction and can even freeze the coin if their is any suspicious movement of the coins. And I think the two addresses would be visible because and that is where people can track the location of the transaction.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Ahh, I think I know what your trying to say.

You mean if you use a service to buy say 100 monero with coins that are being traced and then immediately send the same amount from that service to a kyc exchange then they are going to connect those coins even though they cannot be traced on the chain, correct?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
paid2

Activity: 728
Merit: 2276

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2024, 10:21:56 PM
Merited by d5000 (1)

Yeap XMR is an efficient privacy coin. If you don't use a P2P service but a regulated/KYCed CEX; it would be better to buy BTC or LTC (or any coin listed almost everywhere you like) and swap it for XMR via a privacy friendly service (like the one I have in my signature for example or some other DEX). There is no point to buy or use XMR on a plateform which does have your identity. You can use Feather to store XMR outside your CEX if you want, which is an open source electrum-like wallet for XMR.

If you want to learn more about how XMR works:
How does Monero's privacy work?
Introduction to Monero and how it’s different

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2024, 10:25:01 PM
Merited by jwinterm (3), paid2 (1)

Yeap XMR is an efficient privacy coin. If you don't use a P2P service but a regulated/KYCed CEX; it would be better to buy BTC or LTC (or any coin listed almost everywhere you like) and swap it for XMR via a privacy friendly service (like the one I have in my signature for example or some other DEX). There is no point to buy or use XMR on a plateform which does have your identity. You can use Feather to store XMR outside your CEX if you want, which is an open source electrum-like wallet for XMR.

Actually that point is debatable, if you buy monero from kyc locations then you never have to explain where it came from. Wink

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6548

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 29, 2024, 12:06:12 AM

If you want to really commit to privacy, then please do not send XMR directly from exchange to exchange. Google the EAE or EABE attack, here is a short description. This is something that can happen if you often transfer money directly from one CEX to another CEX, even with a single intermediate step: Using statistics, if both exchanges are cooperating in some way (for example, due to regulatory requirements, or if a chain analysis service knows deposit/withdrawal addresses from these two exchanges) then they can, in some cases, detect that it was the same person who has withdrawn the Monero from the first CEX and deposited it to the second CEX. And if they have your KYC data then they can know that's you.

However, you will have to do several transactions between the same two CEXes for this to work and even then there can be false positives/negatives. In addition, this will probably not be possible if you make more intermediate transactions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
acme89

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2024, 08:06:05 AM

Thank you all for the replies. I will take look at this eXch exchange.
Mek

Activity: 72
Merit: 6

mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2024, 06:41:04 AM

Monero's price has risen pretty dramatically last few days, what could be the reason, are there any news in development or new exchange listings?

My Scrabble game: skrebl.eu
My database of electronic parts: elparts.mekweb.eu
My DIY electronic kit - mega transistor clock: mtc.mekweb.eu
2Q9acN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 07:31:38 AM

Monero's price has risen pretty dramatically last few days, what could be the reason, are there any news in development or new exchange listings?

This black market exchange seems to be the reason, it launched some weeks ago:
https://github.com/retoaccess1/haveno-reto
https://haveno.exchange/

More info and guides on this blog: https://blog.nihilism.network/servers/anon.html
johnfoss

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 08:32:04 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 68) NEWSLETTER IS OUT NOW!

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-68
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 01:02:17 PM

Binance delisting helped us due to them not being able to sell fake coins and stop the Rehypothecation, now if we can only get off Poloniex.

The market has been artificially depressed due to these exchanges creating fake books because Monero cannot be traced.

MeGold666

Activity: 70
Merit: 49

View Profile
June 05, 2024, 04:10:39 PM
Merited by d5000 (2), Hueristic (1)

What about other EU countries, will XMR still be available on kraken?

It's already gone in Spain, UK, and some other countries.

It's not gone, it's just not listed  Grin

It is still being used at large as it cannot be banned.

In order to actually ban Monero you would need to:

• Ban all the other coins on CEX that are interchangeable with Monero on DEX, including Bitcoin.
  • Close possibility of making and receiving wire transfers in FIAT banks as there is no way to know if it's not being used to pay for XMR on DEX.
  • Ban physical cash to prevent "cash by mail" payment for XMR on DEX or other P2P exchanges like in person.

And.... Monero would only get stronger because now XMR would be used without exchanging to FIAT (circular economy).
So the only way would be to close the Internet and I'm not that sure about it either as other dark networks would emerge.

Government trying to "regulate" AKA control it, is pathetic  Cheesy

I ignore everyone that has ads in their signature.
Gambling is a cancer and I don't care about your exchanges.
devil-soul

Activity: 207
Merit: 15

For Rent

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2024, 06:01:43 PM

For those who want a high degree of privacy, monero is the best choice but it is not completely anonymous if you use centralized channels, slowly the large exchanges are starting to delist it under pressure from various governments but it still remains a good alternative for those who don't want to show their financial movements

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
2Q9acN

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 05:56:08 AM

For those who want a high degree of privacy, monero is the best choice but it is not completely anonymous if you use centralized channels, slowly the large exchanges are starting to delist it under pressure from various governments but it still remains a good alternative for those who don't want to show their financial movements

It is the best choice among existing coins that already have significant adoption. That said, after Monero becomes delisted and perhaps banned in the future by governments, some governments may be interested in co-opting it by mining it in a pool in order to gain majority hashpower. As the emission part of the block reward does not contribute to the censorship resistance, an upgrade that cap / stop the emission of new xmr would make Monero more censorship-resistant and would make dealing with hostile miner attacks easier. Recall the attack on Grin). The developers of the coins like Kaspa or Wownero understand this threat - there is no tail emission of these coins.
MeGold666

Activity: 70
Merit: 49

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 08:05:44 AM

It is the best choice among existing coins that already have significant adoption. That said, after Monero becomes delisted and perhaps banned in the future by governments, some governments may be interested in co-opting it by mining it in a pool in order to gain majority hashpower. As the emission part of the block reward does not contribute to the censorship resistance, an upgrade that cap / stop the emission of new xmr would make Monero more censorship-resistant and would make dealing with hostile miner attacks easier. Recall the attack on Grin). The developers of the coins like Kaspa or Wownero understand this threat - there is no tail emission of these coins.

Tail-emission is one of the best features of Monero, what you're saying is pure nonsense.

I ignore everyone that has ads in their signature.
Gambling is a cancer and I don't care about your exchanges.
2Q9acN

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 10:09:29 AM

Tail-emission is one of the best features of Monero, what you're saying is pure nonsense.

If the US government obtains 70% of hashpower and use it to mine mine empty blocks, effectively censoring
the users of Monero. Would you like to pay the government 0.6 XMR for every block in which you were not able
to transact? I think that the majority of users wouldn't like to pay a dime for censorship.

Emission of new coins should only be the means of permissionless distribution of coins and thus should last for a limited
number of months / years. It is a fallacy to claim that it ensures security.
Pages: « 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 »
  Print  

Jump to: