Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:38:25 PM

In its current stage it isnt even desired for MRO to be at exchanges.

We are weeks away from a proper wallet, other tech issues, etc...

Personally, I'd rather the price drift down and accumulate on Polo...
As opposed to having an overpriced coin trading on MintPal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:47:11 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 01:21:59 PM by surfer43

All IPs attepmting to mine with the HTTP protocol have and will be automatically blocked from MoneroPool.org. They were flooding the server and causing the connection between the pool software and daemon to break. In a few days the IPs will be unblocked to see if they are using stratum yet. Be sure to use only cpuminer with stratum+tcp://. Please contact support@moneropool.org (or PM me) if you wish to have any specific IPs unblocked.

This should fix the periodic outages we were having.  Smiley
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:50:10 PM

What is the point of money if you can't spend it/exchange it? Nobody will want to use your currency if it has been horded by miners since day one. That will mean terrible distribution and miner top heavy control of the currency and nobody can trust it. Exchanges are the single best promotional tool that coins have. If they are not worth money, how can they be expected to be money?

None of these coins are "currency". The IRS has ruled they are virtual "commodities"... which is exactly what they are.
If CryptoNote anonymity does not become a standard, turns out to have issues... this all goes to zero eventually. Look
at the other 3 CryptoNote coins... death spiral to zero.

MRO ran up to 398 an hour ago. This is amazing.

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

What is the point of money if you can't spend it/exchange it? Nobody will want to use your currency if it has been horded by miners since day one. That will mean terrible distribution and miner top heavy control of the currency and nobody can trust it. Exchanges are the single best promotional tool that coins have. If they are not worth money, how can they be expected to be money?

None of these coins are "currency". The IRS has ruled they are virtual "commodities"... which is exactly what they are.
If CryptoNote anonymity does not become a standard, turns out to have issues... this all goes to zero eventually. Look

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

LTC adds no value at all.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:56:52 PM

Why Cryptsy and Mintpal didn't add MRO to coin voting?

Because they don't want to do the work to integrate a coin that isn't bitcoin clone.

They will come around, Its a matter of stability at this point. They dont want to jeopardize it if something bad were to happen.

Yes I agree, but exchanges are always going to make different tradeoffs, take different risks. That's why MRO is on polo now (and is usually their highest volume coin). In fact I would guess that Polo has gained quite a few new user accounts from people who specifically want to trade MRO

Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:32:41 PM

I sent some Monero to my wallet yesterday before hearing about needing to update my wallet, the Monero still haven't arrived. Should I be worried? will updating my wallet fix this and have them show up?

According to IRC you'll have to wait for it to kick out of the mempool or be mined by miners on the old code, there's literally nothing you can do but wait.
I have the similar problem, sent few monero with new wallet to https://cryptonote.exchange.to/ , still haven't arrived, after over one hour, but yesterday with same wallet version everything went smooth. Maybe it is due to exchange? Luckily it is just a few monero, but hope it will show up  Grin

This exchange doesnt have automatic withdraws. He does it manually so i guess you will be fine after a few hours ...
they showed up  Cool

If anyone still hasn't received the Monero they tried to withdraw from Poloniex during the necessary wallet update, just go to support and explain your situation. Support was able to cancel my withdraw and allow me to re-withdraw my Monero. It was very quick to resolve once I messaged them.

On another note, I hope everyone is happy with the rising value  Tongue

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:41:20 PM

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

Yeah, that's what people always say...
But for some reason LTC has dramatically outperformed BTC durung the 18 month big run...
LTC (0.065 to $11.00, +17,000%)... BTC ($16.00 to $650, +4,000%).... Why?

Probably LTC adds much needed LIQUIDITY to an ecosystem...
That revolves almost entirely around mining equipment, hoarding wealth, trading, speculation...
equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 02:48:35 PM

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

But for some reason LTC has dramatically outperformed BTC durung the 18 month big run...

That revolves almost entirely around mining equipment, hoarding wealth, trading, speculation...
Or it was "lol, LTC is going to Huobi" thing.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:00:21 PM

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

That word liquidity, does not mean what you think it means.
Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:16:35 PM

Download link for Linux binaries doesn't work.  Cry

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

othe

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:17:39 PM

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

I agree, LTC is important for the market.

However the percentage numbers are a bit misleading because its far easier for "cheaper" coin to double and triple in price then for something that is already worth a lot more - thats also the reason i see an enormous growth potential in MRO as its still pretty "cheap".

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:30:27 PM

LTC $11.00. MRO $2.70

I agree, LTC is important for the market.

However the percentage numbers are a bit misleading because its far easier for "cheaper" coin to double and triple in price then for something that is already worth a lot more - thats also the reason i see an enormous growth potential in MRO as its still pretty "cheap".

The bigger point is that MRO can do everything LTC does, and more.

The best reason I've seen for LTC to have any value is that people want alternatives, someplace else to go if BTC runs aground. MRO does that better  because LTC shares too much in common with BTC, a big monoculture problem that MRO does not share.

This ignores the added appeal of enhanced privacy. Even without those MRO has the potential to easily surpass LTC.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:33:27 PM

Remember guys the future battle isn't between some scam coin (XC, Dark) or even a real coin like Litecoin, but the battle will be between the great four (as I have came to call them).

Bitcoin.
Ethereum.
Nxt.
Monero.

I'm still on the lookout for anything else to add to this list.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:42:24 PM

Remember guys the future battle isn't between some scam coin (XC, Dark) or even a real coin like Litecoin, but the battle will be between the great four (as I have came to call them).

Bitcoin.
Ethereum.
Nxt.
Monero.

I agree with you for the most part except that I'd consider LTC to be one of the biggest scam coins of them all. Just because it got big does not mean it wasn't a scam.

But since it isn't on your list (or mine), I guess it doesn't much matter any more.

Patejl

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:49:38 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 04:02:07 PM by Patejl

How to run new version of Monero in Ubuntu 13.10? I don't get it.
I got some error about boost 1.55. WTF? My old version compiled from source worked great, btw.

libboost_system.so.1.55.0 : cannot open shared object file

nevermind, im compiling from source again. Those binaries sucks.

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

monero (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:18:23 PM

Breaking news: you can get free pizza delivered!

All you have to do is be one of the first 5 to post in this thread - be sure to read the rules first:)

- updated by fluffypony
TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

Is there any ETA for when will block time be increased to 2 or 3 minutes ?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

Bitcoin.
Ethereum.
Nxt.
Monero.

Oh, I forgot that the internet only has 4 players. It must be the "network effect".

This is no longer a serious discussion...
When Google, Amazon, Apple, the banks start to play Crypto Currency for real...
Nothing coming out of BitcoinTalk will matter.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:13:16 PM

Bitcoin.
Ethereum.
Nxt.
Monero.

throw NEM onto the list. it will be a player
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

So would there be a way to create a checkpoint within the daemon that splits the blockchain into multiple files at a certain heights. The splits would be catelogued and organized and sit in limbo waiting to be called for if needed. Lowering the need for high memory due to increased blockchain size over time.
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: