Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667220 times)
kn7777777

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:16:03 PM

Hi,
I sent 10 XMR to bittrex at 23 09 2014. Now xmr wallet at bitrex is offline (dev requested).I use 3 as mix parameter,,but I still don't  receive any XMR coins. Is 2 days  normal time for transaction?
May be I have to contact bittrex for more information?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:20:23 PM

Hi,
I sent 10 XMR to bittrex at 23 09 2014. Now xmr wallet at bitrex is offline (dev requested).I use 3 as mix parameter,,but I still don't  receive any XMR coins. Is 2 days  normal time for transaction?
May be I have to contact bittrex for more information?

Bter and Bittrex disabled deposits.
Mintpal opened, but doesn't work.
Only Poloniex and Hitbtc accept coins.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:37:56 PM

Atrides: Could you perhaps add exchange monitoring to forkguard?  Smiley
Cheers!

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:44:27 PM

who is worried about the prospect of emission being as fast as it is.

If the solution for future adoption is to slow it down though.  The later that conclusion is reached - the more damage has been done.

This is only true if there is a discontinuity in the emission.  If instead, there were a redenomination of the extant emission, the damage to adoption would not be an issue.
Current holders would be sacrificing some small present value in favor of anticipated future gains due to enhanced adoption.

Haha, no way. What you're describing is the Voldemort case of any respectable crypto. I shan't even paraphrase it to a more understandable form Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

A security issue that may affect crypto-currency users on Linux or Macs: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2heu88/if_you_are_storing_bitcoins_on_a_linuxmac_system/
Atrides

Activity: 658

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:58:00 PM

Atrides: Could you perhaps add exchange monitoring to forkguard?  Smiley
Cheers!

For that I need API on nodes with wallets, but I don't think exchanges open such sensitive information.

But if they will use my scripts to send data, it will work.
I'll write this suggestion to exchanges.

BTW, Mintpal works now.

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened?About twenty-four hours ago,I sended 10 XMR to my account on mintpal plartform ,but I still don't  receive any XMR coins,What happen?please help me,thanks

Did you check if transaction is in the blockchain?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:11:39 PM

if Monero changes the emission I'm out.

The main body of XMR emission is set in stone and not going to change.

The tail-end emission has yet to be determined.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:14:23 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened?About twenty-four hours ago,I sended 10 XMR to my account on mintpal plartform ,but I still don't  receive any XMR coins,What happen?please help me,thanks
Atrides is saying that Mintpal isn't working correctly, that's probably why. Try contacting their support to see if they can help you out.
dpcoinz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:17:59 PM

Is moneropool.com down?
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

I am harping on a broken chord maybe...... Kindly induge me once more. Of all the ideas floating around, one that may find least resistance is one which devs keep getting a portion of of mining blocks.... Smooth and fluffypony have underscored the problems with regards to this..... But can the emission size and spacing between them be moderated so as to address those problems?
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

Is moneropool.com down?

seems it is to me.  bcx is gonna redeem our popcorn show afterall.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:38:31 PM

Is moneropool.com down?

seems it is to me.  bcx is gonna redeem our popcorn show afterall.

http://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/trolls-just-want-to-have-fun.pdf
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:01:06 PM

what about icebreakers proposal for some kind of an postmine, which could be auctioned for financing development? For some reason I did not make entirely clear for me I think this is quite a good solution

Thanks, I'm glad you like the idea.

Politics and BCX's forced evolution supervillain antics aside, the main technical obstacle preventing bootstrap is lack of a final emission schedule.

Once we decide on tail-end emissions, 1% or 2% of total coin supply can be moved into the Bootstrap Block, and then auctioned.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:01:49 PM

I have no patience for reading the complete thread of 775 pages (and also my time is limited).
However, when it comes to emission curve, ideally it should go along with adoption.
When adoption is 5 times, also the emission should be 5 times.

What we see now is the lack of capability of absorbing the coins (the price is declining slowly).
Price is the best indicator wether the emission is ideal or not - and it is retarded to maintain something that is not ideal just because it is "holy and unquestionable like the Pope". When they decided the emission rate earlier in the voting, the decision was made on based on the best knowledge of that time - however now we are in September and over 20 % of coins mined, now it is the moment of truth: is the current emission rate ideal for status quo?
Do we have adoption enough to maintain the price (or prefertably even increasing it slowly so that the investors will continue being interested in buying the coins - personally I am not buyer at this moment - I am not dumper neither but I have a stack that I am satisfied and I do not see any reason to increase it especially if there is no incentive for such).
I am dumper if the price starts drastically decline from the current and when I dump, I most likely will never touch the coin anymore.

Ideally the coin should serve all the stakeholders: miners, developers, investors.
The "ever increasing price trend" serves all these stakeholder groups, miners get more money from their mined coins, developers get more donations/their stack grows in value and investors get their annual rate of return.

The blockreward should be dimished or make a stash from each block, for example 25 % of each block rewards goes to the escrowed fund that finances the development and pays after something has achieved according to the burden.
The other way is simply to lengthen the emission curve, it can be done wether making a block to appear every 3 minutes instead of every 1 minute or it can be adjusted by decreasing the block reward for example 33 % the latter will give more time for development and is more gracious towards adoption, it means the later adopters get also relatively long not too expensive coins.

The lowering of blockreward is not bad for later adopters IMO as long as the total coin supply stays constant, it just gives more time for people to join in to the party.

My 0.02 XMR. Peace.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:08:50 PM

Is moneropool.com down?

[21:38] <xnbya> dEBRUYNE: the pool is still working, only the webservers broken

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

when it comes to emission curve, ideally it should go along with adoption.

What we see now is the lack of capability of absorbing the coins (the price is declining slowly).
Price is the best indicator wether the emission is ideal or not - and it is retarded to maintain something that is not ideal just because it is "holy and unquestionable like the Pope". When they decided the emission rate earlier in the voting, the decision was made on based on the best knowledge of that time - however now we are in September and over 20 % of coins mined, now it is the moment of truth: is the current emission rate ideal for status quo?
Do we have adoption enough to maintain the price (or prefertably even increasing it slowly so that the investors will continue being interested in buying the coins - personally I am not buyer at this moment - I am not dumper neither but I have a stack that I am satisfied and I do not see any reason to increase it especially if there is no incentive for such).
I am dumper if the price starts drastically decline from the current and when I dump, I most likely will never touch the coin anymore.

Ideally the coin should serve all the stakeholders: miners, developers, investors.
The "ever increasing price trend" serves all these stakeholder groups, miners get more money from their mined coins, developers get more donations/their stack grows in value and investors get their annual rate of return.

The blockreward should be dimished or make a stash from each block, for example 25 % of each block rewards goes to the escrowed fund that finances the development and pays after something has achieved according to the burden.
The other way is simply to lengthen the emission curve, it can be done wether making a block to appear every 3 minutes instead of every 1 minute or it can be adjusted by decreasing the block reward for example 33 % the latter will give more time for development and is more gracious towards adoption, it means the later adopters get also relatively long not too expensive coins.

The lowering of blockreward is not bad for later adopters IMO as long as the total coin supply stays constant, it just gives more time for people to join in to the party.

Tail-end aside, the emission curve is what it is.  The market has already priced XMR accordingly and it's not going to change.

You have to accept the volatility and occasional pumps/dumps.  It's economically impossible for something to only go up and never down.

Two steps forward one step back Fibonacci retrenchment/fortification is the healthiest way to grow with true strength.

A 25% devtax on mining is politically impossible and guaranteed to result in a fork.

The devs will never agree to change Monero as a result of, or in attempt to manipulate, transient market conditions.  That's why we love it!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

I have no patience for reading the complete thread of 775 pages (and also my time is limited).
However, when it comes to emission curve, ideally it should go along with adoption.

Agreed on emission ideally following adoption, but not agreed that it should be changed to match it.
The fact that your exact argument could be made in 6 months again if a changed was applied now, strongly undermines its relevance.

And no, saying "we sear it will only happen once" is not going to give holders back the confidence they'd be losing.

Saying "retarded" does not help anything.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:52:01 PM

If it is declining sell now and buy back later. In order for the price to go up we need bigger community and more places to actually spend the coins. We dont need forced slower emission.

And price isnt really declining because of the emission.
We need better optimized miners and without the 5% fee. This will reduce dumps and bring more miners.
Price felt because bitcoin also felt and we know that we are far from being independent from btc price.
Price took a hit because of the alleged attack. There was a shitstorm of FUD. People still arent sure if a bug existed or not, if there is an ongoing attack or not, if BCX can do what he claimed or not.

We need more adoption. And adoption wont come because someone on trollbox said that monero is best coin ever. Actually these days coins must start thinking about adoption outside of bitcointalk forums.

The fact that it is cheap for more time  because of high emission is good. And it is not too cheap either. There is time for more people to get involved. We should be probably asking people to mine the coin. And keep what they get for some months.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

A post mine is completely out of the question in my book.

Jesus. This isn't the USD where the government just tries to solve it's problems by printing more money. I mean wtf.

The only option is to change the emission schedule.
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: