Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:47:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145884 times)
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:05:47 PM

My p2pool node finally found a MON block with its lowly ~200kh/s, so the first MON payments have gone out Cheesy

There are a few addresses in the unpaid list with <1.0 MON due that aren't being paid atm because the minimum transaction is set to 1.0MON.

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

HashHarder Still Supports VTC/MON

Sadly, we haven't been able to add VTC/MON/PLX as yet. However, considering PLX current value, this is not a big problem. We are still looking into ways to implement the triple merged mining. In the meantime you can mine VTC/MON with consistent payouts, and a simple, clear interface.

http://www.hashharder.com/scrypt-n/monocle%20merged

Spread the hash.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
jiwany

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:22:25 AM

does anyone actually who tried merged mining get 100% VTC/MON/PLX equially according to their hashrate? I go less with merged mining so I gave up. It looks suspicious to me I got half as much as I expected for each coin.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:36:36 AM

does anyone actually who tried merged mining get 100% VTC/MON/PLX equially according to their hashrate? I go less with merged mining so I gave up. It looks suspicious to me I got half as much as I expected for each coin.

Early miners on proxypool never received their coins, this is how it works. You have to stay there for long time due to pool payout nature. Also, there was worst payout bug ever. My worst pool experience.
jiwany

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:43:43 AM

Early miners on proxypool never received their coins, this is how it works. You have to stay there for long time due to pool payout nature. Also, there was worst payout bug ever. My worst pool experience.

well i mined for 2 days straight to be sure.. was a waste (or theft) of my hash
svk31

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:00:42 AM

You're not talking about the same thing though are you? If you tried triple mining you either did so on a centralized pool or solomining by running a p2pool node. So jiwany I'm guessing you feel you wasted your time on a centralized pool, while sammy didn't get his due from a proxypool?

The proxypool payout script was indeed quite buggy in the beginning, it did pay out but didn't mark transactions as paid, and because of how the payout scheme works this meant you had to keep mining there to get paid. If you were on a big node early on then jumped ship, you basically got pushed back to the end of the queue for payments, as they go out to the most recent shares first. As no shares were being tagged as paid, your initial hash most likely got wasted unless the operator fixed his backlog.

What this means is that the ones who stayed on those nodes most likely got paid multiple times for their shares once the pool hit a lucky streak. Once the backlog bug was fixed, unless the operator had already fixed his backlog database like I did, those shares most likely got paid once again as the script worked it's way back through the shares.

So to summarize: the payout script was buggy until ~Thursday 9th of May, some people got paid too much, some people too little, and mining on a proxy p2pool requires patience as variance can be high and payments go out on a last come, first serve basis!

hammerbrain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:32:29 AM

You're not talking about the same thing though are you? If you tried triple mining you either did so on a centralized pool or solomining by running a p2pool node. So jiwany I'm guessing you feel you wasted your time on a centralized pool, while sammy didn't get his due from a proxypool?

The proxypool payout script was indeed quite buggy in the beginning, it did pay out but didn't mark transactions as paid, and because of how the payout scheme works this meant you had to keep mining there to get paid. If you were on a big node early on then jumped ship, you basically got pushed back to the end of the queue for payments, as they go out to the most recent shares first. As no shares were being tagged as paid, your initial hash most likely got wasted unless the operator fixed his backlog.

What this means is that the ones who stayed on those nodes most likely got paid multiple times for their shares once the pool hit a lucky streak. Once the backlog bug was fixed, unless the operator had already fixed his backlog database like I did, those shares most likely got paid once again as the script worked it's way back through the shares.

So to summarize: the payout script was buggy until ~Thursday 9th of May, some people got paid too much, some people too little, and mining on a proxy p2pool requires patience as variance can be high and payments go out on a last come, first serve basis!

I can confirm this. I did very well early on on a proxy p2p mining just vert and mon. I was surprised at the payouts. (diff was a lot lower also)

I have almost 4000 khs so that probably helped. Smaller miners seemed to have had more trouble due to variance.

Coelacanth

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:19:44 AM

My p2pool node finally found a MON block with its lowly ~200kh/s, so the first MON payments have gone out Cheesy

There are a few addresses in the unpaid list with <1.0 MON due that aren't being paid atm because the minimum transaction is set to 1.0MON.

Set it to 0.4MON
Coelacanth

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:22:31 AM

Is this fix merged to github proxypool?
svk31

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Is this fix merged to github proxypool?

Yes, the latest version works fine.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:30:32 AM

Been tri-mining VTC/PLX/MON on simplevert since Friday, and it works like a charm!

Just a shame PLX is worth f@ck all! Cheesy
svk31

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Set it to 0.4MON

That would mean a 2.5% fee on every transaction, it's too high IMO. I'll leave it at 1.0 for now, but if after a few weeks those miners never come back to "fill up" their unpaid balance to 1 i'll trigger the bigger of the unpaid transactions by temporarily lowering the minimum transaction size.
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:50:39 AM

Cube Pool (stratum+tcp://vtc.cubeconnex.com:9555) Update

We are migrating to a new server. You may be experiencing some disruptions due to this migration.  This is temporary as the new DNS address will take some time to propagate. If you have problem connecting to the server, please use point your miner using IP address to

stratum+tcp://128.199.246.177:9555

mfedorov

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

Used to mine around 150MON per day using my own p2pool node and now nothing for 36 hours... Difficulty is still around 80 so no changes there. Did I get unlucky all of a sudden? Smiley
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:09:10 PM

Used to mine around 150MON per day using my own p2pool node and now nothing for 36 hours... Difficulty is still around 80 so no changes there. Did I get unlucky all of a sudden? Smiley

Can't crack a block with 12 GPU, so you are not alone. MON carried on the wings of VTC so I don't expect low diff.
mfedorov

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

Can't crack a block with 12 GPU, so you are not alone. MON carried on the wings of VTC so I don't expect low diff.

My VTC output got better now though @60 per day.
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

How much cards you got and where you are mining?
mfedorov

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

I lost count. I have about 16Mh but cards go bad here and there. Just RMAed 5 cards and holding them to resell later.
jch9678

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:31:50 PM

I was wondering too for both of you.  What are your hashrates (or WU)? And where are you mining?  I've been on vtcpool but my vtc output over the last 20 hours was terrible.  I'm running about 8000 WU (10,000 kh/s).  Should be better (cards are not tuned). 

I'm thinking about running my own node but wanted to make sure I can hit a MON block.

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:33:17 PM

I am still at http://hk.vertco.in  waiting for them to start offering the " bonus of MON and PLX " not sure how they will pay me this if the pool only lets me put in a VTC address. I would like a pool that does all 3 coins or atleast VTC / MON and that i can keep track of whats going on and not just a random point your miner to us and we pay you  Lips sealed

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: