Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145882 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:23:01 PM

I'm trying to make MON transfer but the wallet wants to charge a huge fee of 0.25MON for 200 coins or 0.67 for 377 transfer wtf  Huh Huh Huh

Like the op states, there are no free transactions, and the minimum fee is 0.01 mon (can be more depending on transaction size, inputs etc). This is so that users will get used to the higher fees that will be needed later to offer incentive for people to mine the coin, once the block reward goes to zero. All fees are paid directly to whoever mines the block including your transaction.

Alright, already paid 0.7 MON in fees to get my coins on Poloniex, the show is starting and I want to play the ups and dows to increase my holdings  Cool
ozie

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:45:05 PM

VTC/MON P2Pool Node
Mining on the first VTC P2Pool Network
Fee: 0%

Frontent:
http://mon.qemulab.com

To connect your miner use the following setting:

"url" : "stratum+tcp://mon.qemulab.com:9555",
"user" : "<Vertcoin Address>",
"pass" : "<Monocle Address>"

jch9678

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:15:25 PM

So I installed my own p2pool node using these instructions

http://coingolem.com/how-to-setup-your-own-p2pool-node-windows-212/
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24vpgf/how_to_mine_vtcmonplx_all_3_simultaneously/

and everything is working properly.  I'm getting paid, however my rejection rate is really high.

Usually between 17% and 20%.  No matter what I try on my miners I cannot reduce it.  Is there something I'm missing on setting up my p2pool node?  I've opened up the ports in my router and firewall for the blockchain sync.  Would having my node set up on a wireless connection to the router cause a latency problem?  Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

High rejection rate isn't unusual. What is your hash rate, and how many VTC per day are you getting? You should be getting around 4 VTC/Mh/day.

My hash rate is roughly 8.5 MH/s as indicated on my local stats page with around 17-22% DOA.  I've been getting around 30 vtc per day so that seems more or less in line taking into account my rejection rate.  

I was mining with vtcpool.co.uk and my rejection rate there was around the pool rejection rate, which was around 10-11% (though the pool rate seems to be running high around 15% currently)  I was under the impression that using my own node I would see a lower rejection rate.  I'd like to get down to the pool rate.  

From this page
http://everythingdoge.com/2014/02/complete-guide-dogecoin-p2pool-mining-part-2-p2pool-performance-tuning/

I changed expiry to 1, queue to 0, scantime to 1.  Have you made any changes like those?  Thanks for helping.

I set up a second node on one of my miners to see if the wireless was a problem.  High rejection rate also.  I moved one miner back to vtcpool.co.uk and the rejection rate settled around 16% which is near the pool rejected rate the first network.  Right now my rejected rates are off the charts at around 40% on the second network.  Does being on the right network matter?  I have 4 rigs that hash around 2 Mh/s each.  Each one has it's own vtc address so I assume each one is getting it's own difficulty from the 2nd network.  Or is the difficulty given out by IP address?  Could that have an affect on rejection rate?  This is getting frustrating.  

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A
Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:01:21 PM

Although it seems to counter logic, a high rejection rate doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong or missing some kind of detail. It means there COULD be something wrong, sure, but it can still happen even if everything is fine. If you're getting 8.5MH then you should pull 34 VTC in a day. If that's what you're mining, you're fine.

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

http://new.hashharder.com/scrypt-n/vertcoin%20merged

Hash Harder Triple Mining. VTC/MON/PLX.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
jch9678

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:04:09 AM

Although it seems to counter logic, a high rejection rate doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong or missing some kind of detail. It means there COULD be something wrong, sure, but it can still happen even if everything is fine. If you're getting 8.5MH then you should pull 34 VTC in a day. If that's what you're mining, you're fine.

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I ran a couple speeds tests and noticed I wasn't getting what I was supposed to so I called my ISP and they did something but wouldn't tell me and that brought me back down to a normal range, still higher than I'd like to be but better.  Thanks again.

pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:36:10 AM

http://new.hashharder.com/scrypt-n/vertcoin%20merged

Hash Harder Triple Mining. VTC/MON/PLX.

Well Done  Cool
Kartoffelknilch

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:14:38 AM

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I ran a couple speeds tests and noticed I wasn't getting what I was supposed to so I called my ISP and they did something but wouldn't tell me and that brought me back down to a normal range, still higher than I'd like to be but better.  Thanks again.
Try changing the wireless channel if you are connected wireless. Perhaps one of your direct neighbours is using the same channel. i'm getting a reject of max 5% on my node connected via wire.
Coelacanth

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:42:57 AM

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I ran a couple speeds tests and noticed I wasn't getting what I was supposed to so I called my ISP and they did something but wouldn't tell me and that brought me back down to a normal range, still higher than I'd like to be but better.  Thanks again.
Try changing the wireless channel if you are connected wireless. Perhaps one of your direct neighbours is using the same channel. i'm getting a reject of max 5% on my node connected via wire.

Wired connection is best way to stay away from connectivity problems. Some may find it is not practical due to distance or obstacles then only have wireless option.

Sometimes the wireless receiver also plays a part if it an external usb receiver.

As Kartoffelknilch said you need to think about what channel you are using if using 2.4GHz range coz there are only 3 non-overlapping channels (1,6,11) and in a scan if many people utilizing the same channel (ex. 6) use a different channel in your setup (ex. 1 or 11).

Best way is using 5GHz range since there are many non-overlapping channels and low noise/interference from other sources.

All above can be a reason for connectivity and therefore rejections.
wwzoon

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:17:59 PM

why there is a problem with the wallet? when fix it?

bitboat.net - Compra Bitcoin in contanti; semplice, veloce e sicuro!
bengtåke

Activity: 309

confused developer

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:37:10 PM

Care to elaborate a bit on that?

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

Care to elaborate a bit on that?

That actually made me chuckle. Legit.

prometheianz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:22:15 PM

Whatever the issue is it's only affecting Poloniex, they've frozen their market while they find the problem.
jamesholodnak

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:53:28 PM

My p2pool vertcoin node now includes Monocle support.  No stats yet (like most) but I am working on making a stats page from the data stored in the redis database used for payouts.

stratum+tcp://nesemu2.com:9555

user: vertcoin address
pass: monocle address

Thanks

You can find a stats page here: https://github.com/Cooba13/proxypool-simplestats/

Works quite well, you can see it in action on my node. (see signature)

Thanks!  Works great!  New stats page is located...

http://poolstats.nesemu2.com

Much appreciation for the nice stats page.
jch9678

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:58:01 PM

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I ran a couple speeds tests and noticed I wasn't getting what I was supposed to so I called my ISP and they did something but wouldn't tell me and that brought me back down to a normal range, still higher than I'd like to be but better.  Thanks again.

Wired connection is best way to stay away from connectivity problems. Some may find it is not practical due to distance or obstacles then only have wireless option.

Sometimes the wireless receiver also plays a part if it an external usb receiver.

As Kartoffelknilch said you need to think about what channel you are using if using 2.4GHz range coz there are only 3 non-overlapping channels (1,6,11) and in a scan if many people utilizing the same channel (ex. 6) use a different channel in your setup (ex. 1 or 11).

Best way is using 5GHz range since there are many non-overlapping channels and low noise/interference from other sources.

All above can be a reason for connectivity and therefore rejections.

Great points.  I just checked with inssider and there is an AP on the same channel as me with the same strength.  I'm changing it now.  I tried a node on a wired computer and I didn't see much improvement but that was before I talked to my ISP so maybe I'll try again.  I hover around the pool reject rate now, I guess someone has to bring up the rear though. 

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:40:04 PM

Whatever the issue is it's only affecting Poloniex, they've frozen their market while they find the problem.

Now MON is unfrozen.
Rhel HerreraABB

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:38:06 PM

MON and other coin a difference? If there is no difference must be good publicity, more applications to be successful
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:09:05 PM

I am still at http://hk.vertco.in  waiting for them to start offering the " bonus of MON and PLX " not sure how they will pay me this if the pool only lets me put in a VTC address. I would like a pool that does all 3 coins or atleast VTC / MON and that i can keep track of whats going on and not just a random point your miner to us and we pay you  Lips sealed

We are still fixing bug in both stratum server and payout system. So, right now it doesn't support both MON and PLX yet. We wish it will be done before Sunday as we promise with miners that we will make it in this week.

Vertco.in - Vertcoin Pool
just checking in how is it going when will we start getting the MON and PLX coins as bonus for mining VTC with you all

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
buttonmc

Activity: 277

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:14:55 AM

Can we get MON on coinmarketcap?
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:58:26 AM

MON and other coin a difference? If there is no difference must be good publicity, more applications to be successful

MON is VTCs brother with a lower coin supply and "high" transaction fees to encourage mining after the PoW stage is over.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: