Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:58:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:46:02 PM

I deleted ONE message because you didn't read the OP. I'm not going to get into a childish argument with you. You just reposted what i deleted and I let it stand so do whatever you'd like. What you posted is still here for all to see via your reposting of it.

Then don't.  You were less than transparent at the presale launch.  Simply stating that you won't issue refunds is not only unacceptable it is also illegal under UK and EU law.  If you have confidence in your product this shouldn't be a problem.

My responses are only defending the fact that all of this information is very clearly stated in the first page, and then again on the actual presale purchase page, and you didn't read.

No it's not.  A lot of our concerns have arisen out of information that has only been posted in these forums AFTER the presale began.  Anyway the way you are behaving doesn't exactly make for good PR.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

I'm sorry but you did not make it clear at launch that anyone buying into the presale will have no real advantage over anyone buying later.  If anything buying into it in the presale means that you take on the risk of failure with insufficient payoff to compensate for that.  I will see if Moolah have better customer service. Had you made this clear at the start of the presale I wouldn't have bought in.  Also deleting my messages and your defensive response is pretty much making it clear that this is not a coin to invest in.

how is it not a advantage, features have not yet been released. what do you think will happen when they are. its not a whitepaper its actual working features. there are many type of investors some take risk some wait for the real stuff to come out, they are whales, whales will eat this up once coins are out. look at drk, xc. even though it rose from 1700 to 100k, you saw the size of buys there right, why because it had the features working. this will be similar situation here. i would recommend for dev to release features once ipo is closed, also how is it risk, if dev does not deliver we get coins back. btc is by moolah not dev

Actually I've just spoken to Moolah.  They say it is completely out of their control and Syscoin have control of all the wallets etc - so only they can issue refunds.  It just gets WORSE.

The refund policy is pretty clearly stated in the OP:

[...]

PLEASE READ: Presale purchases are final. There will be no individual refunds unless the Syscoin Team does not deliver. Delivery is defined as: Syscoin as a universally merge-mineable coin with the 4 features outlined in preann (marketplace, certificates, name aliases, and data aliases). Double check your numbers before sending BTC! In the event the Syscoin Team does not deliver Syscoin, all presale purchases will be refunded. In that event Moolah will reach out to investors to verify the refund-address before issuing the refund.

[...]

Complete with bold, underlines and italics.

You (and everybody else) gets a refund if they don't deliver.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:47:21 PM

now that is FUD, how are you saying wallets are in syscoin control, when wallets are generated by moolah on their exchange also, moolah has confirmed by posting here that coins are with them. dev needs to talk to them if they want access to BTC. you do know what a escrow is right?

That's what Moolah told me themselves.  I think they would know better than you.
rycon87

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

Guys keep getting the word out about Syscoin.  The devs can't do it alone no matter how accomplished they are, it takes community support to make a coin successful.  This is the first true 2nd generation coin like Ethereum, but it's here NOW - so get the word out and let everyone you can know about it.
Is there any way I can get a refund for my presale?  I've changed my mind and would rather wait until release to invest.

Soul_eater just take some time to think about what's going on here. You acknowledged yourself that this is a truly innovative coin with huge potential, then within the span of 30 minutes changed your mind and want a refund. Dano and the team have already said they're going to be looking at the mining data and may make some tweaks, so at least wait to hear about that. Otherwise, at the very worst you can just dump your Syscoin at launch for near presale price so that others who do believe in this coin's potential can have a chance for cheap coins.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:48:39 PM

I deleted ONE message because you didn't read the OP. I'm not going to get into a childish argument with you. You just reposted what i deleted and I let it stand so do whatever you'd like. What you posted is still here for all to see via your reposting of it.

Then don't.  You were less than transparent at the presale launch.  Simply stating that you won't issue refunds is not only unacceptable it is also illegal under UK and EU law.  If you have confidence in your product this shouldn't be a problem.

My responses are only defending the fact that all of this information is very clearly stated in the first page, and then again on the actual presale purchase page, and you didn't read.

No it's not.  A lot of our concerns have arisen out of information that has only been posted in these forums AFTER the presale began.  Anyway the way you are behaving doesn't exactly make for good PR.

I added this already answered question to the FAQ to make even clearer a point that everyone else already clearly understood.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
fastminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:49:40 PM

now that is FUD, how are you saying wallets are in syscoin control, when wallets are generated by moolah on their exchange also, moolah has confirmed by posting here that coins are with them. dev needs to talk to them if they want access to BTC. you do know what a escrow is right?

That's what Moolah told me themselves.  I think they would know better than you.

well the user slex is  moolah on bitcointalk and he told me cannot refund the coins only if dev does not deliver moolah will refund users, so explain to me how moolah will refund if syscoin has coins. stop spreading lies. your posts deserve to be deleted
fastminer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:51:06 PM

the reason why refunds cannot be made is because its extra work. why invest if you wanted a refund. is it dev fault you can't read. nothing on the terms or info has not changed, so you will not get it. stop spreading lies.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

For the purposes of transparency to the rest of those posting here I am now actively DELETING posts made by user "Soul_eater_123" as they are now just spam at this point. This user failed to read the terms of the presale and is now trying to ruin our presale because of it. I'm sure I'll miss one or two where he may imply I'm a lying no good trickster or something of that nature (which is of course completely not true). This user (and any user for that matter) are always welcome to contact me directly either via pm or direct email dan@syscoin.org.

I apologize to other presale investors who may have legitimate questions and are being interrupted by this user. Thanks for your patience. This is why this topic is self-moderated.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
fastminer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:56:45 PM

For the purposes of transparency to the rest of those posting here I am now actively DELETING posts made by user "Soul_eater_123" as they are now just spam at this point. This user failed to read the terms of the presale and is now trying to ruin our presale because of it. I'm sure I'll miss one or two where he says I'm a lying scammer or something of that nature (which is of course a complete lie). They are always welcome to contact me directly.

I apologize to other presale investors who may have legitimate questions and are being interrupted by this user. Thanks for your patience. This is why this topic is self-moderated.

+1
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:58:08 PM

A few observations:

The general consensus around here appears to be that the IPO is overpriced. I personally feel the price is decent, but could definitely use a bit more room for growth one way or another (by reducing max coins is an interesting idea). However, the appearance of the IPO being overpriced is not good;

I was among those who had concerns about the IPO price based on some calculations I'd seen earlier in the thread - which were erroneous. Market cap was being calculated and compared against other coins based on the future absolute total number of coins, instead of the number of coins at launch. Coinmarketcap.com for instance lists marketcap based on current price x current number of outstanding coins (not current price x the final future absolute total number of coins that will ever be created).

If you look at the IPO price x coins at launch, the market cap looks a heckuva lot more digestable - more like a VOOT or KARMAcoin than a DRK. There's much more potential room for growth than some of those other figures suggested. It helps a lot if there are new features ready to go at launch - or at least demonstrable proof that progress on them is well under way.
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:02:32 PM

A few observations:

The general consensus around here appears to be that the IPO is overpriced. I personally feel the price is decent, but could definitely use a bit more room for growth one way or another (by reducing max coins is an interesting idea). However, the appearance of the IPO being overpriced is not good;

I was among those who had concerns about the IPO price based on some calculations I'd seen earlier in the thread - which were erroneous. Market cap was being calculated and compared against other coins based on the future absolute total number of coins, instead of the number of coins at launch. Coinmarketcap.com for instance lists marketcap based on current price x current number of outstanding coins (not current price x the final future absolute total number of coins that will ever be created).

If you look at the IPO price x coins at launch, the market cap looks a heckuva lot more digestable - more like a VOOT or KARMAcoin than a DRK. There's much more potential room for growth than some of those other figures suggested. It helps a lot if there are new features ready to go at launch - or at least demonstrable proof that progress on them is well under way.

Careful they might delete your message too.

Dude, you were in the wrong. Their refund policy was abundantly clear.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:03:43 PM

A few observations:

You are always going to have people trying to create FUD, just the nature of the game. Always a good idea to run your own numbers Smiley
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:08:47 PM

Specific details about valuations and their general attitude towards the presale were not.  I'm not saying there is anything bad about SYScoin and I agree I made a mistake in investing in the presale.  All I'm asking for is a chance to get out nothing can be set in stone like this.  I still believe SYScoin is doing a lot of great things.  I just don't think I was able to make an informed decision.

...but what if you made a GREAT decision? What if the IPO price is never seen again once it hits an exchange and it continues to grow, especially considering the low amount mined per day? Think of it that way. I still think you made a great decision, and only time will tell who's right.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

A few observations:

Yes you're correct there were some gross miscalculations being posted by users in earlier pages (one thought we had a 30k btc market cap...  Huh ). We have a 944k initial market cap if the presale sells out entirely. Less if not.

We are revising the mining rewards very slightly as well which should further increase room for investors to grow; will have an update on these figures within 48hrs.

Yes that would be useful actually.  It was some of this kind of stuff that made me a bit jittery.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:11:59 PM

Specific details about valuations and their general attitude towards the presale were not.  I'm not saying there is anything bad about SYScoin and I agree I made a mistake in investing in the presale.  All I'm asking for is a chance to get out nothing can be set in stone like this.  I still believe SYScoin is doing a lot of great things.  I just don't think I was able to make an informed decision.

...but what if you made a GREAT decision? What if the IPO price is never seen again once it hits an exchange and it continues to grow, especially considering the low amount mined per day? Think of it that way. I still think you made a great decision, and only time will tell who's right.

You're probably right.  I think if they deliver this will be huge.  I think there has been a lot of misunderstanding on this topic (a lot in the forum).  I apologise if I have caused misinformation.  Have just been concerned and any time I see that one of my messages has been deleted it is a warning sign for me.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:17:58 PM

Look we don't mind constructive criticism at all, but strait up FUD for the sake of FUD we cant allow.
Its really as simple as that

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:18:38 PM

Guys I think I've fundamentally misunderstood some postings by others (whom I mistakenly thought were part of the team).  This is one of the risks of reading forum posts when you are sleep deprived.  I'm still not happy about my posts being deleted but I am going to sit this out and keep my fingers crossed for everything to happen as planned.  Apologies if my "panic" rubbed off on anyone else.  I will ensure that I don't start reading the forums again when I am sleep derprived and running on 4 cups of coffee.  If the moderator can delete my previous messages and related messages I don't mind because I don't want anyone else getting in a similar state.  I think some more clarification in the OP post is great.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:19:34 PM

Guys I think I've fundamentally misunderstood some postings by others (whom I mistakenly thought were part of the team).  This is one of the risks of reading forum posts when you are sleep deprived.  I'm still not happy about my posts being deleted but I am going to sit this out and keep my fingers crossed for everything to happen as planned.  Apologies if my "panic" rubbed off on anyone else.  I will ensure that I don't start reading the forums again when I am sleep derprived and running on 4 cups of coffee.  If the moderator can delete my previous messages and related messages I don't mind because I don't want anyone else getting in a similar state.  I think some more clarification in the OP post is great.

Good man.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:22:01 PM

Look we don't mind constructive criticism at all, but strait up FUD for the sake of FUD we cant allow.
Its really as simple as that

Yes that was not my intention.  I'm not normally one to panic (in fact I'm usually a very steady hand) but have not been getting much sleep lately and running on caffeine hasn't helped.  There have been so many scams in crypto lately that I added 2+2 and came up with a million.   I have taken a step back and considered it - I have been following the developers for a couple of months so it's silly to have a knee-jerk response like this.  I will continue to support Syscoin - even if I don't make a profit, the concept itself is worth being a part of.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:23:44 PM

You've also contacted me via PM and I'll reply as soon as I have a moment, let the public thread refocus on questions from investors/presale purchasers. Please.

No need.  Just keep doing what you need to, to take things forward:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: