Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490167 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:33:44 PM

Think it would take a lot more to "disappear" these days alright

Right now that's $611,000.  All it takes is 1 shady person...  IPOs have gotten such a bad reputation!  Plus, I have no BTC to invest. 

Well that's the think.. With syscoin there are no shady people. Our real names are know, checkout http://syscoin.org/#team.
Moolah is well know as is the directors and people running the place.

I hope so, and I do look forward to mining this coin!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

Think it would take a lot more to "disappear" these days alright

Right now that's $611,000.  All it takes is 1 shady person...  IPOs have gotten such a bad reputation!  Plus, I have no BTC to invest.  

Well that's the think.. With syscoin there are no shady people. Our real names are know, checkout http://syscoin.org/#team.
Moolah is well know as is the directors and people running the place.

I hope so, and I do look forward to mining this coin!!

Oh same as.. Even as a dev I'll be mining this baby (actually already have, sadly only in testnet)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Ok first let me address some questions I had to ask people to wait on (back @p75)

I know this might be comparing apples to oranges as Dano said in another post, but with regards to syscoin vs. ETH. For those like myself that are trying to understand both of these, is there a way someone could explain how these are different and or the same? Are features and concepts same or close, but different approach, or are these coins completely different in every way. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this coin can do, and differences between the two.

Talked with the team about this and its a hard question to answer. To be honest with you we don't want to make any technical comparisons between Ethereum and Syscoin. Ethereum is a completely different product, and isn’t out yet making it impossible to make real, accurate technical comparisons between the two. What we can say is that Ethereum is a product rewritten from the ground-up, it shares zero similarities with Bitcoin "1.0" as some people call it and runs on a completely different protocol. This is somewhat controversial because many think some of the goals they are attempting are either not feasible or are based on technologies/concepts algorithms that are immature, not widely used, or not well vetted. Huge amount of unknowns. This is not a knock again Ether, just the facts.

By contrast Syscoin is technically feature complete. It shares a large portion of its codebase with "Bitcoin 1.0" but brings in major pieces of Litecoin and Namecoin code. Using the potential discovered at the intersection of these 3 codebases, Syscoin builds on that foundation and provides new services in the form of the features being delivered at launch. There are benefits to not trying to "rewrite" things from the ground up. The codebases Syscoin descends from are well-vetted and the protocols it uses are standard in the altcoin world meaning the barriers to adoption are small/nonexistent. Additionally this means that out of the gate Syscoin will be able to leverage the huge developer community around the three codebases it descends from- if any issues are discovered in those codebases, the fixes can be easily brought over to Syscoin. Ethereum will have to build this developer ecosystem from scratch and it has taken Bitcoin many years to get its developer community to this scale.

When it comes to "goals" Ethereums goals are definitely different than those of Syscoin, and some might argue they are infeasible, definitely very tough challenges. Ethereum has smart people on their team, and I hope they accomplish what they've set out to do because if they do it really will be something cool and different (A turing complete currency- it has its own programming language you can build on and such, its a very bold undertaking). Syscoin on the other hand leverages potential that we're frankly surprised other's haven't leveraged already. We are seeing some other teams just now starting to recognize this potential albeit through other implementations (I'm thinking specifically about BitHalo here) but there is so much more that can be done with "Bitcoin 1.0" it doesn't require a rewrite. The Bitcoin foundation is very clear about their goals and they don't want to go into extending the core Bitcoin codebase in new directions ala Syscoin. That's why we're doing this- we see the potential, we don't see other teams acting on it fast enough, we know Bitcoin isn't going there (at least not yet/insofar as we know) so that's where we're going and we're tired of the clones when this potential is just sitting there, unrealized.

I hope that provides a little more insight  Smiley

When a certificate of ownership (or transfer of information) has been sent to 2nd party, who might be physically far removed, and let's for example say it is for the sale of a $1,200,000 yacht. How does this work for both parties end to end. My understanding is that the only cost to transfer ownership would be the transaction fee for the certificate (which would be collected and retained by the miners).

How does this tie into real world points of transaction at both ends? Will there be an API that allows innovative developers to create GUI's or further businesses/services that allow the seller to have the information inputted digitally - in this case the ownership of a superyacht - and then how does the buyer on another continent get the digital certificate of ownership and transfer that into a physical instrument. Is this something that sys dev's are working on internally, will it be a bounty(s), or will the API be put out there to be adapted to uses as required by parties? Or does it all stay digital?

I like the feature rich blockchain, and have invested, but trying to better grasp how this works end to end. In the video you used a simple example, but mentioned sending a concert ticket to someone. Can you provide a workflow or explanation of how that would take place end to end. I am assuming that a physical ticket is involved here.

GREAT question. So here we're talking about the paradigm shift that Syscoin is trying to bring about. Instead of a bank facilitating that title transfer on your yacht, or the boating administration more likely- the Syscoin network would. So what would happen is pretty much as you've outlined. If the Yacht Title is currently in a physical form it would have to be transferred to a digital form that is recognized by other legal entities.

To play this out proper lets start from the beginning- where you first purchased the yacht. So normally you'd take out a loan and the bank would hold the cert until you've paid it back, in which case the cert then transfers to you after fully paid off. Of course to do all this the bank charges you huge fees and there is a centralization of process. If you need the bank to loan you money they'd still hold the cert (can't avoid that) in this case and it would be digital. But the yacht dealership would be the certificate issuer, and would issue the certificate of ownership to the bank initially, the contents of the certificate would indicate that you own the yacht, but owe on it yet. Once you've paid off the yacht, the certificate contents are updated accordingly and then the bank transfers the cert to your sole ownership for a small fee (Syscoin service fee- as you stated). So now you own your yacht free and clear and this can be verified on the blockchain. Say you want to sell it, the same process plays out again but you do not need to register as a certificate issuer, you can just transfer your certificate of ownership once the buyer has sent you funds, or it can be transferred to another bank if another loan is involved, etc etc. Syscoin currently assumes the use of digital certificates but is extremely flexible as to their form and format- as you may have seen in the demo they can be as simple as a string or much more complex, even binary files up to a certain size.

This is a whole new kinda of feature/use case/paradigm for crypto currencies that we're talking about, so no doubt there will be some learning and adjusting we need to do as this plays out in the real world and that is what we are here to do. A benefit of this whole system is that there is no central authority enforcing the ownership of the yacht, the Syscoin network provides that and proof of ownership can be ascertained at any time as its all on the blockchain, decentralized and publicly visible (unless encryption is used, which can be used on the entire cert or just certain parts of it for privacy).

Regarding this part:
Will there be an API that allows innovative developers to create GUI's or further businesses/services that allow the seller to have the information inputted digitally - in this case the ownership of a superyacht - and then how does the buyer on another continent get the digital certificate of ownership and transfer that into a physical instrument. Is this something that sys dev's are working on internally, will it be a bounty(s), or will the API be put out there to be adapted to uses as required by parties? Or does it all stay digital?

Yes there are huge opportunities for developers to build on top of the Syscoin platform. All the commands are available through the JSON-RPC API and because the contents of certificates are so flexible it is entirely up to the implementing developer to decide what the contents will be.

We have heard the call to add tx ids to the public ledger for transparency and will have that up within 24hrs.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:34:41 AM

I am still unsure if it will reach its target too many variables .

Its going to be slow, the rise has just taken effect and a new shut off date, Now you have people who will invest but since there is hardly any volume they are not going to rush their investment in, Why would they invest now when they have over 2 weeks to turn their investment into a larger amount before the deadline. So there will be a lot of investment towards the end , just like we saw just before the end of phase 1.

Now we could see an increased interest with every update that comes out before the deadline. pushing the amount of investment up, forcing those who were waiting to invest later towards the end into investing before its too late.

But that would completely depend on what the updates are and how the community see's or feels about them in their own individual valuation of this coin.

Also if it was to get pretty close, say 700 btc in the next week or so, and they announce we can release as soon as IPO is over, that could very well bring in larger investments in an attempt to bring it out earlier than planned so they can see a return on investment sooner than expected

Very astute and accurate observations. I'd like to clarify the italicized portion. We are definitely launching on August16 I just want to make sure that's clear.

I think (if I understand correctly) the question is... if we sell out sooner, will we launch sooner? The answer to that is - it really depends on how soon we sell out. If it happens in the next day, we aren't ready to launch yet. If it happens in 2 weeks... we'll be in a very different place than and thusly the answer may be different!  Shocked

On another note here's some obfuscated proof we're working on escrow (which I'm really excited about!)- obfuscated so other's don't steal our designs! Wink

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:51:17 AM

ok so no one has really answered my question, wont the blockchain be absolutely massive with all these new features. even if everyone can upload max 256kb

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:01:06 AM

ok so no one has really answered my question, wont the blockchain be absolutely massive with all these new features. even if everyone can upload max 256kb

Because its already been answered I asked it a while back.

But the idea is that fees are paid if you use more features and not everyone will download all data.. you will have supernodes which will download and host all data and get paid fees for it. Thin clients may not need to download them if they dont need to use the service.

Also the goal is to keep growth under the growth of storage efficiency that we are seeing.. any growth under it will be acceptable long term kind of like how 1 gig was a big deal 5 yrs ago but normal now.
suchnekky

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:47:15 AM

But the idea is that fees are paid if you use more features and not everyone will download all data.. you will have supernodes which will download and host all data and get paid fees for it. Thin clients may not need to download them if they dont need to use the service.

Also the goal is to keep growth under the growth of storage efficiency that we are seeing.. any growth under it will be acceptable long term kind of like how 1 gig was a big deal 5 yrs ago but normal now.

What about longterm... would it be technically possible to implement some system that wipes old blockchain data, say once a year. This way keeping the wallet nice and small?

Ok so you have already developed a thin wallet? Is there going to be focus on design factors wth a sleek wallet?

And final question, is the marketplace completely decentralized?  And is it possible to trace funds to ip? Or is there some kind of anonymity? Sorry for all the questions im just checking what my 15btc will get me.

EDIT: also, wth the trading if title deeds or certs, whats stopping people from just uploading a random word document and saying it's the certificate? The middle man is there to check if the document is legit, thats why we have brokers. Im sorry if some of these questions are already answered.

And do we have an ETA on the escrow system?

Thanks guys doing a good job. Would be good to see some more progress tho, it seems were seeing a load of marketing and flashy design but no real code or sample wallet.

Cheers
suchnekky

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
realestmofo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:59:43 AM

What about longterm... would it be technically possible to implement some system that wipes old blockchain data, say once a year. This way keeping the wallet nice and small?

Ok so you have already developed a thin wallet? Is there going to be focus on design factors wth a sleek wallet?

And final question, is the marketplace completely decentralized?  And is it possible to trace funds to ip? Or is there some kind of anonymity? Sorry for all the questions im just checking what my 15btc will get me.

EDIT: also, wth the trading if title deeds or certs, whats stopping people from just uploading a random word document and saying it's the certificate? The middle man is there to check if the document is legit, thats why we have brokers. Im sorry if some of these questions are already answered.

Thanks guys doing a good job. Would be good to see some more progress tho, it seems were seeing a load of marketing and flashy design but no real code or sample wallet.

Cheers
suchnekky

I can answer some of those till a person comes by to answer the rest.

Don't think you want to wipe old blockchain data. Most people won't be needing to download everything though. What most people download will be nice and small.

I'm not sure what the wallet is like right now. Just know this isn't a 30 day project where they just stop and say this is the best it'll be. It'll be worked on for years as long as people use this coin.

An anon decentralized market place / exchange would be a nice option to add and will get more people to use the coin I would think. Adding a TOR option. Not sure if that has been talked about. Would be interested to know what the team thoughts are.

Escrow system is a work in progress. ETA sounds like it'll be after the launch. Just know it's being actively worked on.

With Syscoin you are buying into what is outlined in the first post. Anything other than that is extra and will help the price grow and get people to hold. People are apparently willing to throw bitcoins at anything (darkcash?? and all the other coins). There shouldn't be a problem getting the presale sold out.

More videos and other things coming out over the weeks. Just sit back and check this thread everyday.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:21:19 PM

Cheers
suchnekky

You need to keep old blockchain data in case people transfer wallets etc.. I dont think you would ever want to clear the slate. On Android with spv you only download data you care about anyway. I believe a few ofthe features will be available at launch including escrow.. It is in active development phase.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:49:05 PM

Cheers
suchnekky

Will get back to you a little later with an answer to this, busy busy busy
john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:29:21 PM

Main question: why would I buy now, if I can buy cheper on the exchange after the launch?
suchnekky

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:41:57 PM

Main question: why would I buy now, if I can buy cheper on the exchange after the launch?

haha good luck with that Wink if devs deliver whats described, you can think 10x the IPO price to start with. Have you heard of darknet markets?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

Hey guys sorry, been lots going on internally!

I'm not on my personal machine at the moment so I don't have the syscoin daemon handy to check the commands but I believe there is a block-height expiration on each setdata (data storage request), and that is used for expiration. Longer you want to store something for (and larger) the higher the fees. Let me double check this once I'm home (will be a few hrs).

We have not already developed a thin wallet. This is something we've discussed internally and have identified open source examples to reference in this sense so this may be easier to implement than expected. We'll still do our full due diligence as always. Miners would need to run the full wallet, but a thin wallet could be beneficial for others that aren't mining.

Marketplace is fully decentralized via the blockchain. Is it possible to trace funds to an IP? Maybe? There is no anonymity currently built into Syscoin (not that it can't be added...) but right now it is not currently implemented nor is it a high priority roadmap feature. We're looking to focus on decentralizing financial services/systems and features to support that (escrow, reputation, etc). Once we are done with those types of features we can focus on more fringe features like anon, but anon is not the core focus of Syscoin. Developers who build on top of Syscoin can of course introduce their own anon/mixing. The team may consider adding this down the line if there is a strong call for it, but Syscoin is flexible enough for devs to layer this on without it having to be "native" to Syscoin. Having native anon would quickly turn off mainstream markets to Syscoin, and those are the target demographic we're shooting for here in the long term; so gotta be careful with that.

You need to be a certificate issuer to issue certs. A word document may constitute a certificate between two parties- its really up to what the issuing party will honor. If a word document is the form of contract between two parties, this would be totally valid. If you were to issue a certificate that just had a bunch of garbage in it rather than the contents expected, the receiver would contact you to resolve the issue. It wouldn't make sense for certificate issuers to issue garbage certificates, receivers would know immediately and its all trackable via the blockchain so the integrity of the certificate issuer would come into question at that point imo.

Maybe you can elaborate on this use case a bit? Imagine I'm a yacht dealership and you bought a yacht from me. You can see i've issued yacht titles to many other buyers and the format of them. Then all the sudden I issue you a cert with entirely different content. Not only would this not make sense for me as a cert issuer because I'm sending you this I'm saying its a valid certificate from me which I honor (as a cert issuer, and certs can always be tied back to the issuer), but you as the receiver could immediately see the contents (garbage) and the discrepancy as compared to other certs... just wouldn't make sense unless the issuer wants problems.

Again I'm not at home so I can't dig into the syscoin commands and code right now for better answers, but from memory thats the best I can do Smiley

None that we want to call out now. We just started working on this a few days ago in earnest. We have other major features which we're hardening prior to release. We're building apps and websites to help support the Syscoin ecosystem and demo its capabilities and services as well in parallel. Extremely busy.

Would be good to see some more progress tho, it seems were seeing a load of marketing and flashy design but no real code or sample wallet.

There is a video of sample certs in action on the OP. As well as a quick screengrab from the daemon showing all the commands currently completed. We were going to release a video of offers (marketplace) just using the daemon as with certs but we decided to try and build a WebUI frontend first and then demo that as it will be more meaningful to users who aren't developers and developers alike. Releasing code before we launch Syscoin wouldn't make a bunch of sense so I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that? Also called this out on an earlier page we aren't doing any "beta wallet" program as we're just way too busy getting ready for launch on August16, and managing a beta programing incurs significant overhead.

We also mentioned on an earlier page all of these features are complete in the daemon but we're working on getting them displayed all nice and pretty in the QT Wallet. We'll try to post some pics of the wallet when we get a chance as soon as we have something we're comfortable releasing in that regard. We still have 3 weeks remember and we're working on a lot of different things right now all geared towards the launch.

If I discover any of my replies need correction once I'm home and have the client/code in front of me I'll do so.  Smiley

That is your assumption (that you can buy it cheaper on exchange after launch). You're free to wait and find out.

snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:45:44 PM

Yeps. Think its pretty clear what that will mean for syscoin Wink
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:50:03 PM

Mintpal will be a great compliment to what Moolah is already doing. I'm also happy they say they are going to clean up some of the scam coins on there, as all the pump and dumps and dodgy coins was really what put me off using Mintpal.

And of course that's all got to be good news for Syscoin!
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:33:47 PM

Thats a pretty good move.. wonder what it cost.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:27:19 PM

That is your assumption (that you can buy it cheaper on exchange after launch). You're free to wait and find out.

Based on all the other IPO's (that includes shit coins and innovative coins).
Don't get me wrong, I love what you are doing here, but isn't it always like that that after the launch the value plummets and then rebounces? Of course finally it will be worth much more than the presale price, however you can usually buy more for the same price after it hits exchange. Or am I wrong?
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:35:08 PM

Based on all the other IPO's (that includes shit coins and innovative coins).
Don't get me wrong, I love what you are doing here, but isn't it always like that that after the launch the value plummets and then rebounces? Of course finally it will be worth much more than the presale price, however you can usually buy more for the same price after it hits exchange. Or am I wrong?

some IPO hit exchanges and go below their IPO price, others dont.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

Mintpal will be a great compliment to what Moolah is already doing. I'm also happy they say they are going to clean up some of the scam coins on there, as all the pump and dumps and dodgy coins was really what put me off using Mintpal.

YES it is  Grin had to keep our lips sealed on that one but as we've stated, the partnership with Moolah goes beyond the presale, beyond what many people even know about Smiley good things!

cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:47:22 PM

and with this news my investment gets a little more excited. Can't wait to see how this plays out Smiley

YES it is  Grin had to keep our lips sealed on that one but as we've stated, the partnership with Moolah goes beyond the presale, beyond what many people even know about Smiley good things!
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: