Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:12:13 AM

I'm sure most are in or watching CLOAK pump. Seems to have hit almost a 5 million dollar market cap based on the decentralized market speculation. They are calling it a decentralized ebay. Not sure when it is launching since it is still in beta. Once it comes out another pump?

Syscoin launching with a million dollar market cap and low mining rewards. Just hold like what the cloak people are doing and you see what happens.  

Sounds like you can add anon on top of syscoin too and not wait for the devs. Syscoin should be able to compete with cloak and hopefully in price too.

Just my 2 cents, too many anon coins, and if you followed cloakcoin they have the best tech of all, and will do awesome. Not sure syscoin really should go down that road. Cloak is on target to take darkcoin market cap plus probably more. I think time would be better spend on finanical, escrow, or a decentralized exchange. Doesn't have to be anon, cloak is doing that. Maybe down the road it's not bad idea, but really cloak has been doing this and testing now for awhile to perfect their system.

I love what syscoin is doing and think adding anon tech would just be jumping on the anon bandwagon which is already many players. Just my 2 cents and if they do that's fine, but really why do it, at least right now when there is so much other stuff to focus on that is innovative?

I agree, Syscoin should definitely target regular business rather than dark markets. In any case as soon as you try to say you've got an anon coin every hacker in the world is trying to break it; so many have claimed to be anon and been debunked it seems like there is just too much risk, especially when you are also increasing the chances that a casual observer may miss the additional Syscoin features and think that its just a cloakcoin copycat.
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:59:53 PM

You convince me Cheesy, I put 1BTC and filled the form for the goodies, do you know when you will start shipping?

Shipping will be free? If not, do you know how much will cost? I'm from south america.

Dont you worry about shipping, as an appreciation for investors to the Presale - We'll take care of that  Wink
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:07:03 PM

Devs, I hope you're very mindful of the darkening climate out there regarding scamcoins - there seems to be intensifying outrage over the recent wave of scamcoins (DarkCrash looking the most egregious) that compelled even bittrex to propose new reforms recently.

Your execution needs to be flawless - or as close to flawless as possible. It's a climate where you need to avoid making any promises you aren't absolutely sure you can keep (also, even when it comes to the things you're absolutely sure about, leave room for positive surprises).

It's dump first and ask questions later out there. The opportunity for syscoin of course is to offer a refuge from crap that *many* people are desperately looking for right now.

To be honest, I think this has been going on for months. Sh*t/Scamcoins has been in the scene for a long time, always been amazed that people actually mine/support/buy these.
We have publicly stated what we will deliver and this will be done. Are there features that we wish we could bring to the table from launch? Yes of cause there is, but our main priority is for the features we already bring to the table to be as stable as possible. And then we can start on the feature roadmap we have mapped out. We are in this for the long haul.

How do you critisize the Shi*t/Scam coin provided by yourself,
KittenCoin
The team behind Syscoin  is the same team behind KittenCoin

Okay, this is a moderate thread so you do know we can remove screaming and shouting right?.. I have no problem with you saying the above, what I do have a problem with is that you are doing it in big fonts and colors..
Change it and I'll reply.. If not it will be moderated and removed..
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:23:49 PM

Ridiculous coloring and sizing removed.

The team behind Syscoin  is the same team behind KittenCoin

No. The team behind Syscoin is a subset of the team behind Kittehcoin. The backstory here is we came in to save Kittehcoin because it was a fun project (like DOGE). We did what we could but the initial spec was incorrect from the start (100billion coins in 7yrs or something like that) and by the time I/we stepped in it was too late (too many coins on the market). We still managed to get Kittehcoin to 120satoshi (up from 1 when we stepped in...) but ultimately we came to the realization which we've stated multiple times- Kittehcoin is a clone coin. We wanted to innovate.

We never would just "up and leave" even though we were just a few of the many developers working on that open source project; the community had come to see us as THE Kittehcoin Dev team because out of the entire community, we were the only ones that took appreciable action (and a few others, for a while). When we decided to move to Syscoin we wanted to make sure Kittehcoin would be ok. First we asked the community to help and got little to no response but pursued community support for a full month and nothing. Then we stepped back from Kittehcoin w/a formal announcement to focus solely on Syscoin but still provided support to anyone in the community who wanted to continue with Kittehcoin.

Anyone who follows/followed Kittehcoin knows all of this. because all of this was very clearly communicated to the community via Kittehcoin related threads. This team lost a significant amount of time and expenses trying to save Kittehcoin, but it was doomed from the start and ended up being entirely a labor of love (we learned a lot too).

Syscoin is the first coin we are actually "behind" from the start; we're doing it right, and it is unlike any other coin.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
rycon87

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:42:37 PM

Hey guys,

I started looking into CloakCoin a bit and am beginning to notice some parallels between what they’re doing (especially with their "One Market") and what Syscoin is looking to accomplish. Could anyone give a brief overview of the differences between these two projects (other than PoSA)? One post that caught my eye was this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8105764#msg8105764

Are these the basic functions that Syscoin is looking to perform? I'm just hoping that Syscoin's thunder isn't being stolen before it even launches…
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:12:48 PM

Hey guys,

I started looking into CloakCoin a bit and am beginning to notice some parallels between what they’re doing (especially with their "One Market") and what Syscoin is looking to accomplish. Could anyone give a brief overview of the differences between these two projects (other than PoSA)? One post that caught my eye was this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8105764#msg8105764

Are these the basic functions that Syscoin is looking to perform? I'm just hoping that Syscoin's thunder isn't being stolen before it even launches…

Just to be clear the functions outlined in our preann are completed; not functionality we're hoping to complete. We're just hardening at this point.

Regarding CloakCoin I find it highly coincidental that as Syscoin starts getting attention, all the sudden they are "working on" a marketplace offering and even call it "offers" just like us... Not saying they didn't have such an item on their roadmap as I don't follow CloakCoin, just seems conveniently timed.

I did give their PDF a quick 5min look and from what I can tell its still very much in the figuring stuff out mode, and as such I am going to withhold any technical comparisons as there isn't anything tangible yet for me to technically compare to... just a PDF and some images. I saw a beta wallet zip floating around but I need code to do a real technical comparison. When something more tangible comes out we'll definitely talk about Syscoin vs. OtherCoin, but until then its just too speculative.

That being said their proposed implementation seems pretty invasive imo, at least on my quick read (country, state, etc. required on each offer? For a coin that boasts about anon?). Also, the decentralized marketplace is but ONE of FIVE (if you count universally merge-mineable) features that Syscoin is feature-complete on- these features compliment each other in a way that makes Syscoin far more robust than anything currently on the market or even speculatively on the market like CloakCoin (w/ these future features they're no hyping). Not only that but we have additional features in the pipeline to bolster the whole financial infrastructure angle we're targeting, we aren't just slapping a marketplace into the feature set "just because"- its a planned feature with complimentary features to support it (name aliases, data storage/aliases, and certificates).

We do and always will keep our eyes out for competition, which I should say isn't a bad thing- it forces each party to innovate even more which imo is a great thing for the altcoin space. That being said, we're watching CloakCoin and will be reviewing any code posted and providing more in-depth technical comparisons if/when these speculated features roll out.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:48:30 AM

I'm new on this thread - sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the difference between Sys vs Ether? I'm about to change some litcoin to BTC for an investment. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you want to see your investment this year, then sys coin it is.

the amount of ether that will be mined every year is dependent on how many they sell during IPO. so the more they sell the more that will be mined the year of release, giving a bigger dilution to the already mined/bought coins.

Sys coin will be released fully working with apps and working code by 16th of august.

Ether you have another 12 days to purchase at this price and then another 28 days after that to further buy some. then you have to wait till at least December/January to see anything if at all.

Sys coin offers refund on failure to deliver (escrow thru moolah)

Ethereum team are allowed to use upto 5000 btc before anything is even done properly or working and if it is a complete failure not a single refund.

Thanks I've done my research and I invested 1 BTC into Sys. I'll hold off with Ethereum for now...
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:12:30 AM

Can not open https://moolah.io/syscoin
Seems work now.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
kitey

Activity: 331

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:18:14 PM

am in for 1 BTC - like what i see
Aru Hasa-Special

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

am in for 1 BTC - like what i see

Good luck Roll Eyes

eXo:Powerful coin, developer is concerned about the community.   Hold it, because there are a lot of people want it.
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:16:30 PM

Man this is gonna be the longest 16 days ever...need moar Syscoin action!

Maybe I'll look into cryogenically freezing myself until August 16th...
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:28:16 PM

Want to thank everyone again for the support, the team has been super busy ramping up for the launch I don't want anyone to take a lack of posts from the team in the last day or two as an indication of anything negative- quite the opposite actually Smiley there aren't as many questions coming in so we're focusing on services, testing, and other items that go along with a fair launch.

I had some time to read the Cloakcoin whitepaper in more detail last night and have some thoughts I'll post later today. Its defintitely not the same as Syscoin and our implementation of markets and escrow (as we're currently planning to implement it and as compared to what is outlined in their whitepaper) is more flexible than that of CloakCoin. I will elaborate on this shortly- just tied up at work right now.

Korean translation is now posted Smiley thanks to everyone who has been helping with the translations! We're still looking for help with Japanese, Chinese, and Turkish translations- 10k SYS as a bounty!  Grin

You're telling me! We can't wait to launch this thing but at the same time the we need the next 16days to finish some of these front-ends we're building on top of Syscoin services to make it even easier for people to run with this stuff straight from launch-day.

I'm working on a Twitter Bootstrap + AngularJS front-end for interacting with a marketplace built on top of the Syscoin marketplace API. Our team will offer this via github as an of open-source template exemplifying how to build on top of the Syscoin marketplace API. This is just one example, these front-ends can be created a number of different ways (AngularJS is not required, just what I'm using) but at the bare minimum this should allow devs to start standing up their own marketplaces very rapidly. We're planning on using this implementation ourselves to sell Syscoin shwag (tshirts, branded stuff) all via the blockchain Smiley

Finley

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:29:16 PM

seems like good! i just invest 1 btc.good luck to myself Grin
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:00:22 PM

I bet there are some big buyers waiting until just before the sale closes to buy in order to create maximum buzz.  I'm pretty sure it will sell out on the night!  Looking forward to the 16th:)
LOL1993

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

Good project!!!!
seems i have missed the early bird..well it is not too late Tongue
huntoxx

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:06:37 PM

Posting to tell I will do the Portuguese translation.
Here we go...  Grin
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:48:12 PM

Want to thank everyone again for the support, the team has been super busy ramping up for the launch I don't want anyone to take a lack of posts from the team in the last day or two as an indication of anything negative- quite the opposite actually Smiley there aren't as many questions coming in so we're focusing on services, testing, and other items that go along with a fair launch.

I had some time to read the Cloakcoin whitepaper in more detail last night and have some thoughts I'll post later today. Its defintitely not the same as Syscoin and our implementation of markets and escrow (as we're currently planning to implement it and as compared to what is outlined in their whitepaper) is more flexible than that of CloakCoin. I will elaborate on this shortly- just tied up at work right now.

Korean translation is now posted Smiley thanks to everyone who has been helping with the translations! We're still looking for help with Japanese, Chinese, and Turkish translations- 10k SYS as a bounty!  Grin

You're telling me! We can't wait to launch this thing but at the same time the we need the next 16days to finish some of these front-ends we're building on top of Syscoin services to make it even easier for people to run with this stuff straight from launch-day.

I'm working on a Twitter Bootstrap + AngularJS front-end for interacting with a marketplace built on top of the Syscoin marketplace API. Our team will offer this via github as an of open-source template exemplifying how to build on top of the Syscoin marketplace API. This is just one example, these front-ends can be created a number of different ways (AngularJS is not required, just what I'm using) but at the bare minimum this should allow devs to start standing up their own marketplaces very rapidly. We're planning on using this implementation ourselves to sell Syscoin shwag (tshirts, branded stuff) all via the blockchain Smiley

Posting to claim Chinese translation, will be done by Aug 2 Smiley

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:52:15 PM

Posting to tell I will do the Portuguese translation.
Here we go...  Grin

Posting to claim Chinese translation, will be done by Aug 2 Smiley

Reserved and reserved! Thanks! Cheesy

chinchs

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:21:35 PM

You convince me Cheesy, I put 1BTC and filled the form for the goodies, do you know when you will start shipping?

Shipping will be free? If not, do you know how much will cost? I'm from south america.

Dont you worry about shipping, as an appreciation for investors to the Presale - We'll take care of that  Wink

There is an ETA to deliver goodies? Thanks
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:16:43 AM

There is an ETA to deliver goodies? Thanks

Every package comes with a hard wallet, this holds the key to your actual Syscoin Wallet - That's something that cannot be added until after the wallets have been released to you all, it's from that point that the packages will all be sent out  Wink.

You also have to think of the investors topping up there syscoin investment, this may change there tier level.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: