Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:22:25 AM

I was talking about current value..

not like future 20 years thats unrealistic like most would probably sell by then.

At least read the thread title if you want to contribute. The amount of people who post without thinking on here really makes me have second thoughts about bitcoin...
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:57:10 PM

well topic is about retire not where to invest bitcoin.... anyway the only bad thing is no one can preditc bitcoin worth on the next 20 years.... but i believe it will go high ,for sure above 400 dollars

400 dollars within two decades? Steady on, dude.

well i dont know when the bitcoin mining will be over but i expect it to reach it around 2030 btc mining over.... soo the real trades and real worth of bitcoin will be show and know ,soo pretty sure bitcoin will reach a new rank above the current one that keeps with the mining making btc steady on 200 250 dollars
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:26:37 PM

well topic is about retire not where to invest bitcoin.... anyway the only bad thing is no one can preditc bitcoin worth on the next 20 years.... but i believe it will go high ,for sure above 400 dollars

well i dont know when the bitcoin mining will be over but i expect it to reach it around 2030 btc mining over.... soo the real trades and real worth of bitcoin will be show and know ,soo pretty sure bitcoin will reach a new rank above the current one that keeps with the mining making btc steady on 200 250 dollars

In about 2130 or something like that, none of us will survive that age, but we can survive yearly 1% inflation, which is dust and tolerable.

If bitcoin survives until then than the economy will grow by 50x more than the inflation so no worries!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 10:30:07 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

100BTC  Grin
you can buy anithyng you want if price going to 1000$ again like januari 2013  Grin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:39:56 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 10:57:38 PM by bit1

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

3 bitcoins is a good deal. Have 1 for emergencies, 1 for luxuries and 1 for financial security.

3 bitcoins wont get you any of that lol.

If anything it`ll buy you a iphone 6, and some change to buy some food at mcdonalds.  Cheesy

It could, bitcoin has a potential to hit 1 million $. And then 3 of it is pretty enough.

But yea, more likely to hit 20k by my estimates.

So you will need atleast 100 of it!

With new altcoins each day anything can happen,even a altcoin could exceed value of bitcoin someday...........

but on next couple of years peoples could prefer BTC instead of GOLD,by the way, just now GOLD support fiat,fiat support BTC, therefore GOLD support BTC........  

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:31:36 PM

Given that there are max 21 million BTC and over 100 trillion dollars worth of money and a quadrillion dollars in the derivatives market, even 1 bitcoin will be enough to retire with eventually. By the early 2030's 1 BTC should be enough to retire on, assuming you are living someplace moderately priced, not Los Angeles, NYC or SF. If you move to another country it will go even further. 
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:37:47 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

3 bitcoins is a good deal. Have 1 for emergencies, 1 for luxuries and 1 for financial security.

If anything it`ll buy you a iphone 6, and some change to buy some food at mcdonalds.  Cheesy

It could, bitcoin has a potential to hit 1 million $. And then 3 of it is pretty enough.

With new altcoins each day anything can happen,even a altcoin could exceed value of bitcoin someday...........

but on next couple of years peoples could prefer BTC instead of GOLD,by the way, just now GOLD support fiat,fiat support BTC, therefore GOLD support BTC........  

yes, now go invest in doge coin and almost every alt coin.

I think the worst move anyone can do is to start investing their time in alt coin. Apparently you havent seen enough pump dumps.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:07:47 AM

yes, now go invest in doge coin and almost every alt coin.

I think the worst move anyone can do is to start investing their time in alt coin. Apparently you havent seen enough pump dumps.

Well, In fact looks that BTC and Gold are better choices just now
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kim-dotcom-buy-bitcoin-gold-grexit-will-cause-market-crash-1507380
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:15:35 AM

In about 2130 or something like that, none of us will survive that age, but we can survive yearly 1% inflation, which is dust and tolerable.

If bitcoin survives until then than the economy will grow by 50x more than the inflation so no worries!

More practical scenarios are if some bigger merchant promotes it in a form of a discount.

so it forces users to find out how and where they can get that bitcoin.

GreenStox

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:19:04 AM

More practical scenarios are if some bigger merchant promotes it in a form of a discount.

so it forces users to find out how and where they can get that bitcoin.

Or many smaller merchants do the same, its the small merchant that needs market share, because the big guys have no reason to innovate, they are already very profitable.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
knowhow

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:58:57 AM

well 2130 sounds far away to store my bitcoins lol bettter use or spend them at somewhere before those lol
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:05:59 AM

You dont need a lot only a number between 0.xxxxxxxx and 0.xxxxxxxx  BTC.........   
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:06:48 PM

well 2130 sounds far away to store my bitcoins lol bettter use or spend them at somewhere before those lol

time is relative but i agree 50-50 in my case. Half is spend on something and other half invest.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bananadines

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:36:12 PM

it depends to you, but if you ask me i need more than 1k to retire Cheesy
knowhow

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:50:51 PM

well to live on the next years im pretty sure you will need something like 2000 dollars to live without problems
GreenStox

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

1K bitcoin or 1K dollar?

By the time you retire 1k bitcoin will be worth atleast 1000x more, i am very confident about it.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:31:41 AM

well to live on the next years im pretty sure you will need something like 2000 dollars to live without problems

2k dollars seems a bit too low, unless you don't have no family to sustain, in the next years the inflation will continue to kill fiat value, so you will probably need more than that

on the other and bitcoin value will keep increase, so it is inversely proportional to the one of fiat
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:19:55 AM

1K bitcoin or 1K dollar?

By the time you retire 1k bitcoin will be worth atleast 1000x more, i am very confident about it.

It's okay if you expect much bitcoin to needed when retire then, but the more important thing is what you will do to get bitcoin and collect it as much as you want. And also, it will be useless if we have much bitcoin in future but the price is drop a lot at the time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:18:59 PM

1K bitcoin or 1K dollar?

It's okay if you expect much bitcoin to needed when retire then, but the more important thing is what you will do to get bitcoin and collect it as much as you want. And also, it will be useless if we have much bitcoin in future but the price is drop a lot at the time.

I guess there are so many things out there that you can do to earn bitcoin, you just need to search it, and stop using it for unuseful things so you will

save a lot until your retirement time come. Many prediction said that in 10-20 years bitcoin price will hit around $1,000 so it is worth a try. Although it is

not hit that number, it should be around $500 so you will get profit too, it is just lower than $1,000
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 02:28:12 PM

I guess there are so many things out there that you can do to earn bitcoin, you just need to search it, and stop using it for unuseful things so you will

save a lot until your retirement time come. Many prediction said that in 10-20 years bitcoin price will hit around $1,000 so it is worth a try. Although it is

not hit that number, it should be around $500 so you will get profit too, it is just lower than $1,000

Each person have different perception about useful thing to him and not useful. We can take gambling as a example. Some people believe gambling is a method to multiple their money or bitcoin, but other people say that gambling is a way to wasting their money. Prediction is uncertain thing, which mean it will be happened or maybe it won't. In initial period when bitcoin just was launched, some people predicted that bitcoin can't be last long, and now it is used by world people. Prediction can be right or otherwise it can be wrong.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: