Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest  (Read 264518 times)
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:29:10 AM

Richlist top 1 no working
"I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display."

Top 1 and 2 are related to the old dev premine?
can you & micryon explain it?
Third rich should be legit?

Please check again,  I corrected a few minor display issues, and removed the old premine address from top of the list.  It's now at the bottom in red with explanation "Unspendable".  This was done in regards of transparency.  If you guys feel this should not be there, please let me know.
now the first address should be legit, I have no way of verifying but the balance is corrected from 10M to 13,249,634 (previously it was rounded down to 10M)

I have a question.
Let say I have 100k AC in Address A,
if I send 10k to Address B,
the rest 90k stay at Address A
OR
the transaction product Address C
while Address C holds 90k? (This seems much similar to my case.)
As a result, the richlist show the Address C instead of Address A?

This depens but in a nutshell, the client will create a third address for the change. so if you send let's say 100 AC from a 1000 AC balance, the change would be 900 AC and sent to a third address.

This kind of behaviour is normal, you can verify this address is yours by going to the console and typing

Code:
validateaddress ADDRESS

where ADDRESS is the address you are verifying.  If you read in the output ismine: true then you know it's yours but from the wallets keypool, it won't necessarily show in your wallet GUI but it's there.

A nice feature that let you choose where the change goes (and even see those "hidden" addresses from the GUI) is coin control.  You can check it out (Hobonickels wiki talks about it), a few coins now have this feature enabled.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
menu74

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:30:05 AM

The balance in my wallet is different from block explorer. Does anyone have the same problem? Got more than 250k AC in my wallet, but not shown on rich list between top 100 to 200.  

How many addresses do you have? Generally you may have multiple addresses with funds that you received with each of them, the block explorer will treat them as separate as there's no way to know they belong to you but your wallet can access all of them. This is usually the reason.

Thanks for your response. But my setup only one address to receive coins from mining or transactions, multiple addresses never used.    
unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:31:47 AM

Hey guys,

The block explorer is now live with rich list updated.

You can find both at this address

http://ac.blockx.info/

Market price will be added as soon as AC trading is reenabled with an exchange supporting API requests

enjoy Tongue

Great job unick. You did very well!

Thanks, I didn't notice the trading was reenabled... Just added the market price to the explorer.

are you using wallet 2.0?

yes I am using the latest version

The balance in my wallet is different from block explorer. Does anyone have the same problem? Got more than 250k AC in my wallet, but not shown on rich list between top 100 to 200.  

I have a question.
OR

Just donated 10K AC to address AXuMxpakwcxcnPtzkL6GNmp54PRc7Zxb2g from AMSaE9CmiW5A2WUfTsHrkqT5GmvYEh1ra3 (Mintpal account). Can't find out this transaction in both address by searching block explorer. The withdrawn status from Mintpal exchange is successful.

are you sure? you can't use the minpal sending address as it can be different, you should check the TX id

I found this from the block explorer

http://ac.blockx.info/get/tx/93f9e0602502df0db32b318b3dadcdc487d708f13f86fabff074c8718cd68d3a

is this transaction matching yours ?

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:35:08 AM

Please check again,  I corrected a few minor display issues, and removed the old premine address from top of the list.  It's now at the bottom in red with explanation "Unspendable".  This was done in regards of transparency.  If you guys feel this should not be there, please let me know.

I think that's a perfect way to handle it.

now the first address should be legit, I have no way of verifying but the balance is corrected from 10M to 13,249,634 (previously it was rounded down to 10M)

The error says that there's too many records to show.  My guess is that this is just a database query constraint, probably an exchange wallet that has too many transactions .. so the web api software chooses not to display them to not overload the system

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:36:07 AM

How many addresses do you have? Generally you may have multiple addresses with funds that you received with each of them, the block explorer will treat them as separate as there's no way to know they belong to you but your wallet can access all of them. This is usually the reason.

Thanks for your response. But my setup only one address to receive coins from mining or transactions, multiple addresses never used.    

please check this address to verify your balance on the richlist

http://ac.blockx.info/get/chain/AsiaCoin/q/addressbalance/YOUR_ADDRESS (replacing YOUR_ADDRESS with your actual address)

if both are matching, check my previous message about change address (if you made some transactions, this can be the reason)

if they don't match, post your address or PM it to me if you wish to keep it private.  I'll see if I can try to reset the balance manually.

micryon

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:38:21 AM

But have you ever sent from your wallet?  Sending from your wallet will cause a "change address" to be created, where some portion of the previous transactions are split into a new wallet.

It's an annoying "feature" of bitcoin wallets.. these are called "undeterministic wallets", where the change doesn't go back to your displayed public address, but to a hidden address that is stored in wallet.dat.

Example:
  50 AC -> address A
  100 AC -> address A

you send 60 AC from address A -> address B, what happens is the wallet sw will do this:
  60 AC goes from A->B
  90 AC goes from A->C (C being a new hidden address in wallet.dat)

You can generally see all this happening using the block explorer if you navigate to your original address and check all transactions.

Btw there's a nice article to read on this, that pretty much everyone in cryptos should know about: http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:39:28 AM

The error says that there's too many records to show.  My guess is that this is just a database query constraint, probably an exchange wallet that has too many transactions .. so the web api software chooses not to display them to not overload the system

oh right! I overlooked that part.

Yes, to keep a decent response time, all addresses over 1000 records of transactions are shown this message. It's not an error but designed this way in Abe.  It's on my to-do list to optimize this query in a future  upgrade and remove this limitation.

CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:40:27 AM

Just checked the richlist and it works perfectly. I see my address on there and it matches.
johntseng

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:42:21 AM

I have a question.
OR

This depens but in a nutshell, the client will create a third address for the change. so if you send let's say 100 AC from a 1000 AC balance, the change would be 900 AC and sent to a third address.

This kind of behaviour is normal, you can verify this address is yours by going to the console and typing

Code:
validateaddress ADDRESS

where ADDRESS is the address you are verifying.  If you read in the output ismine: true then you know it's yours but from the wallets keypool, it won't necessarily show in your wallet GUI but it's there.

A nice feature that let you choose where the change goes (and even see those "hidden" addresses from the GUI) is coin control.  You can check it out (Hobonickels wiki talks about it), a few coins now have this feature enabled.

The top 1 is still "I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display."
All others seems working fine now. Thank you.

I get the idea how it works now.
But why don't just show the original address (the 1000 AC address ) as people can search it easier?

Wish we will have coin control feature soon.

Nanolite : KStrzPctAn8Qr1QppWDMwhqdG9rzmtQNWV
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:43:50 AM

That is part of the future roadmap. We are currently working on many ideas and it takes time.
unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:48:11 AM

But why don't just show the original address (the 1000 AC address ) as people can search it easier?

It wouldn't make much sense because in reality, that first address doesn't hold coins anymore!  The balance as been sent to a new address.  The limitation comes from the fact that the client doesn't actually show change addresses.  That's what's confusing.

Since coin control will be integrated in a future client release, you will have the ability to select where the change goes (it can be the same address as the sending address) or leave the client decide (a new address will be used but you will see it in the coin control tab)

johntseng

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:56:29 AM

That is part of the future roadmap. We are currently working on many ideas and it takes time.

Thats great.  Cheesy

johntseng

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:59:09 AM

It wouldn't make much sense because in reality, that first address doesn't hold coins anymore!  The balance as been sent to a new address.  The limitation comes from the fact that the client doesn't actually show change addresses.  That's what's confusing.

Since coin control will be integrated in a future client release, you will have the ability to select where the change goes (it can be the same address as the sending address) or leave the client decide (a new address will be used but you will see it in the coin control tab)

Thank you.
Very clear explanation.

To: [Donation] unick AC Block Explorer AHYVTCcH628rsbCuQkGXHgg5hd8zAnBLQs
Debit: -2000.00 AC
Transaction fee: -0.001 AC
Net amount: -2000.001 AC
Transaction ID: 05b97617a4bdaf12946c7080615a1150d43a8ee3bc0585798433a4b189cf178d

unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:08:07 AM

Thank you.
Very clear explanation.

To: [Donation] unick AC Block Explorer AHYVTCcH628rsbCuQkGXHgg5hd8zAnBLQs
Debit: -2000.00 AC
Transaction fee: -0.001 AC
Net amount: -2000.001 AC
Transaction ID: 05b97617a4bdaf12946c7080615a1150d43a8ee3bc0585798433a4b189cf178d

Thanks for the gift Cheesy

menu74

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:16:38 AM

Hey guys,

Market price will be added as soon as AC trading is reenabled with an exchange supporting API requests

enjoy Tongue

Thanks, I didn't notice the trading was reenabled... Just added the market price to the explorer.

I have a question.
OR

Just donated 10K AC to address AXuMxpakwcxcnPtzkL6GNmp54PRc7Zxb2g from AMSaE9CmiW5A2WUfTsHrkqT5GmvYEh1ra3 (Mintpal account). Can't find out this transaction in both address by searching block explorer. The withdrawn status from Mintpal exchange is successful.

are you sure? you can't use the minpal sending address as it can be different, you should check the TX id

http://ac.blockx.info/get/tx/93f9e0602502df0db32b318b3dadcdc487d708f13f86fabff074c8718cd68d3a

Thanks, unick. The transaction thread your provided is right. Thanks you again for your quick and efficient response.
unick

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:19:06 AM

Hey guys,

enjoy Tongue

I have a question.
OR

Thanks, unick. The transaction thread your provided is right. Thanks you again for your quick and efficient response.

excellent, I'm glad that I could help you sort this out Smiley

johntseng

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:29:34 AM

AC Bitcoin Wisdom is back!!
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/acbtc

Grin

menu74

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:56:02 AM

But have you ever sent from your wallet?  Sending from your wallet will cause a "change address" to be created, where some portion of the previous transactions are split into a new wallet.

It's an annoying "feature" of bitcoin wallets.. these are called "undeterministic wallets", where the change doesn't go back to your displayed public address, but to a hidden address that is stored in wallet.dat.

Example:
  50 AC -> address A
  100 AC -> address A

you send 60 AC from address A -> address B, what happens is the wallet sw will do this:
  60 AC goes from A->B
  90 AC goes from A->C (C being a new hidden address in wallet.dat)

You can generally see all this happening using the block explorer if you navigate to your original address and check all transactions.

Btw there's a nice article to read on this, that pretty much everyone in cryptos should know about: http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

Thanks for your kind explanation. I will read the article and check transactions later. I deeply appreciate the time and effort your guys have spent on saving AC coin and answered my questions as well. Hope the price of AC would raise and community members donate more in near future.
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:14:21 AM

Thanks for your kind explanation. I will read the article and check transactions later. I deeply appreciate the time and effort your guys have spent on saving AC coin and answered my questions as well. Hope the price of AC would raise and community members donate more in near future.

no problem.. now also up to everyone in the community and anyone holding the coin to raise awareness of AC..

Dev team and community leaders can only do so much.. but everyone can retweet, tell your friends to reteweet, post on your facebook.. thunderclap, get your friends to thunderclap..

And thus will also raise the price of AC.

Wundermanxp

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:28:17 AM

:)Hello, you have a good idea of the COIN, good application of currency hope there will be more open
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: